shadow_claw

Ancients

This is the IC. For the OOC, go here.

The church wasn’t usually a place I attended, but dad insisted. I had to give him credit, he was persistent. It was really a lovely place, I had to admit. The entirety of the domed steeple was a mosaic of biblical scenes, all held together with the ever-so-popular light barriers. The residents below were dappled in differing shades of color as the sun beamed through the glass. Although I chose not to listen to the sermon, the art was enough to keep me busy.

“You will roast in the pits of Hell if you continue along this path!” Ah, he had gotten angry with the righteousness of the Lord. I lowered my gaze from the ceiling to a shock. The crowd within the pews had vanished, save for the priest. He stared at me with blank eyes, his mouth hanging open. A chill ran up my spine once I realized the usual drone from the priest had stopped. In a voice unlike his own, he spoke.

“Damn, she threw up. I knew she would.”

“Get her out of there!”

The scene around me flickered violently and began to shake. I looked up, and cold fear bubbled within me. Deep fissures formed within the beautiful mosaics and began to destroy the building itself. Chunks of glass fell and shattered, as if the light screen wasn’t even there. The warm light from the church suddenly vanished as sinister tendrils of darkness raced inside. I tried to move, to run away, only to discover that I was frozen. I was held captive to this horrid scene. The darkness crept further, taking its time. Only when it reached me did I feel anything other than cold.

It felt as if someone had scooped out my insides. I could feel the darkness writhe within me, tearing out all feeling. I squeezed my eyes shut. This couldn’t be real. It couldn’t. I was at church. I opened my mouth to scream, and more of the dark entities forced itself inside me. My ears were filled with cryptic speech and knowledge that wasn’t my own. There was so much, I felt as if it would tear me apart. I opened my eyes, and the room began to tremble with incredible force. A soft, rhythmic clatter suddenly registered from a distance, followed by hushed, yet anxious conversation. I snapped my eyes open, and I was no longer in the church.

---

The steady shaking and rattle was now a reality. A reality that made me ill. My head swam, enticing me to squeeze my eyes shut even tighter.Had that been real? Was it some sort of nightmare? If that was the case, then I would be home in bed. I opened my eyes, only to force them closed when pain seared into the back of my eyes. Those..thoughts were still there. Whispers of knowledge that I hadn’t learned myself slithered in my thoughts. Just trying to focus on it made bile run to my throat. This wasn’t a hangover, it was something far, far worse.

I wasn’t in bed. I wasn’t even home. I was in...a passenger room? I jerked myself forward in an attempt to sit up, only for my stomach to lurch at the movement. A lone figure greeted me. “Hold still. ” I opened my mouth to speak, only to cough the moment I took in air from my mouth. A thick, black liquid flew from my open jaws and into my lap. The noises began again, this time much angrier than before. The room swam with surprising force as I tried to get a grip on myself.

"I knew you'd vomit." The man's voice much more cynical than what I expected. A dark-clad man with chalky gray skin, sat with one leg crossed over the other. He was thin and appeared weary, but the gleam in his eyes sickened me. He stood, his long legs supporting his frail torso surprisingly well, and walked over to me. He crouched, his pale gaze piercing through me. I felt grounded by it. Whatever he did, just by looking at me, silenced the chaos in my mind. He produced a handkerchief from his pocket, and extended the soft piece of cloth to me.

"My name is Jevan." He introduced himself in a flat voice, as if bored. "What you see before you is not me. Merely, it is a version of myself your frail senses can comprehend." I glanced down at the cloth in my hands, twisting it in my fingers. "Wipe your mouth. Honestly, you just vomited on the floor."

I didn't notice, to be honest. The vile pool of black goo was not what I would consider "vomit". But I wiped my mouth anyways. With the handkerchief, I ran it across my lips and into the corners of my mouth.

"What...is this stuff?"

"Nox. 'Night', taken literally. It's the old blood, found only in Godlings and the Ancients themselves."

I frowned, and glanced back down at the goo. Gods? Ancients? This didn't make any sense. And frankly, it was all nauseating to think about.

"This...I don't understand."

"Good. Gives me time to explain things." Jevan cast a glance out the train window before continuing. "You're a God. An Ancient. Only...not yet. You're powerful, but dangerous. And you're not the only one."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Plot:

You are the reincarnation of a powerful being, referred to mostly as Ancients. You have incredible powers, of which have only begun to show. It's up to you to choose what to do with them.

With this, there are immortals and mortals alike seeking to use this power. Some Ancients have been on this Earth much longer than you, looking to form their own domains. Human factions seek your guidance, or maybe they wish to use you. Time will tell.

Perhaps you're human, or a monster. Mortal, nonetheless. The re-awakening Ancients mean both great and awful things for you. A world ruled by Gods may not be one you wish to return to. In their weakened forms, Ancients are easy to kill. Protect them or hunt them; it's up to you.

Rules:

All standard DC rules apply

No godmodding/godmoding

No powerplaying

No Mary Sues/Gary Stus

This is a semi-lit to literate RP. Proper grammar and spelling are expected. A minimum of five sentences are allowed per post.

Take as many characters you can handle, but only two ancients are allowed per person until things are evened out.

Made-up gods are allowed, as long as they're clearly developed

Real gods must adhere to their original abilities and nothing more

Monsters must adhere to their usual alliances (i.e. a mermaid wouldn't be following a fire god) and abilities.

Put a meme in your other box to prove you read the rules

Romance is allowed, but keep it PG-13

Same goes with violence

Ancients are allowed to be OP. As long as DC rules are followed, this will continue.

There is a three strike system applied here. You get two warnings before you're kicked.

Have fun happy.gif

Sheets:

Ancients:

Name:(human name, then Ancient name)

Sexuality:

History: (human history, and BRIEF God history)

Looks:

Weapons:

Abilities:

Alliances:

Enemies:

Other:

Monsters:

Name:

Sexuality:

History:

Looks:

Weapons (if any):

Abilities:

Alliances:

Enemies:

Other:

Humans:

Name:

Sexuality:

History:

Looks:

Weapons:

Alliances:

Enemies:

Other:

Edited by shadow_claw

Accepted Characters:

Ancients:

shadow_claw's

Name: Namina Waltz, Artemis

Sexuality: (Mina) Bi, (Artemis) Ace

History:

Mina- Namina had a rather rough upbringing, losing her parents at a young age (though she's unsure as to whether they died or she was abandoned). Her childhood was spent in and out of foster homes, until a particularly abusive home led her to drop out of society entirely. Drifting between a vagrant and a criminal, Mina has little regard for society.

Artemis: Firstborn of the two siblings, Artemis's life began by serving as a midwife to her mother Leto. As she grew older, she expressed an interest in hunting and sought company to hunt with. She was granted a bow by Hephastus, and recruited a band of virgin huntresses. The goddess of The Hunt, The Moon, The Forest, and Archery was the patron of Childbirth and midwives. Her temper is a short one and often gets the better of her.

Looks:

Mina has long black hair which she usually keeps tied back in either a braid or a bun. She has smooth olive skin and vivid green eyes. Her clothes usually favor comfort instead of style.

Artemis has many of the same ideals as Mina, but she prefers a tunic instead of pants. Short enough to run easily, but long enough to be modest. She quite enjoys the modern running shoes instead of Greek sandals.

Weapons:

- a hunting knife

- her bow and quiver

Abilities:

- expert hunter and athlete

- Can shape shift

- can shape shift others

- has a natural affinity for nature

- can spread/ diminish diseases

- can heal herself and others

- can temporarily make women and children invulnerable

- can temporarily make wildlife invulnerable

Alliances: Apollo, Zeus, Hephastus

Enemies: Hera, men.

Other:

Pudding

Name: Samuel Russell, Apollo

Sexuality: Homosexual (Homoromantic)

History: Sam had a fairly standard childhood. Born to upper-middle class family, he enjoyed many perks in life including traveling around the world and attending great schools. Taking advantage of the options given to him, he attended college and is working his way towards attending medical school, though not without several breaks in between to enjoy life.

Twin to Artemis, Apollo was born after his sister on the island of Delos to Leto. As the son of Zeus, he is considered to be one of the most diverse gods in terms of reign as he is the god of light, the sun, music, poetry, prophesy, healing, plagues, youth, beauty and several others that depend upon the source. Apollo is popularized for pulling the sun in the form of a flaming chariot. There are many stories of Apollo, such as him aiding Paris in killing Achilles or getting a lyre from Hermes after the other god stole cattle belonging to him.

Looks: Sam has short, reddish hair and olive skin. His eyes are green in color and he is reasonably muscular, though not much taller than everyone else. His cheeks and shoulders are both freckled, along with his nose. His outfits tend to be very casual as he usually rolls in sweatshirts and jeans, though occasionally he may rock a collared shirt with rolled up sleeves.

Weapons: A bow is the most popular weapon of choice for Apollo.

Abilities:

-Healing the injuries of others or cast plagues upon others (Generally speaking, this only works with Mortals)

-Creating music and playing musical instruments, as well as creating poetry

-Can foresee the future to some degree

-Has immense skill with any bow

-Can manipulate light to some extent.

Alliances: N/a

Enemies: N/a

Other:

Name: Ashley Crawford, Loki

Sexuality: Asexual (Panromantic)

History: James was born to two parents on the rough side of town. By the time he was seven, he had been in over twelve different homes and moved between ten states. It took until he was ten for his family to actually settle down in an area but the constant movement in his childhood meant he sought stability more than most people. By the time he did settle down, his parents managed to make a decent living for themselves by starting a company, however, they became much more busy maintaining the company. He quickly grew distant from his family and ended up setting out on his own, skipping college entirely and and moving straight to finding a job.

Loki is god or frost giant (or both, depending on the source) from Norse mythology. In mythology, he acts as a trickster figure, not leaning towards any particular side but orchestrating several deaths of other gods while aiding them at other times. He has sired many offspring in many different forms but his antics eventually led to his imprisonment by the gods using the entrails of one of his own sons beneath a venomous serpent that drips poison onto him.

Looks: Naturally, James has brown hair but it hasn’t been that color in a long time. More recently, James has opted to lighten the hair on top of his head to white while keeping the sides much darker. Since he keeps the sides shaved, this gives him a more striking version of the half-shaved look. In terms of size, James is shorter than he’d like to be and pretty skinny. He has brown eyes and lighter skin and likes to wear sweaters more often than not.

Weapons: Loki tends to rely more on his wit so has no preferred weapon other than magic or his brain.

Abilities:

-Can change both shape and sex

-Superhuman strength

-Sorcery and general magic

Enemies: Most Norse gods by the time Ragnarok rolls around.

Other:

MrSpyro

Name:Zachary Dodge, Faunus

Sexuality: Hetero

History:

Zachary- RPed

Faunus- Faunus is the father of all animal life on Earth, (In the nonexistent culture that was made up so he can have lore) and takes the form of an emerald-green (western) dragon. He is rather benevolent, but smites those who take life for granted.

Looks: Zachary has unremarkable brown hair, and eyes to match. His height is pretty much average and he has as little muscle as humanly possible. He has a forest-green hoodie that he pretty much never takes off.

Weapons: n/a

Abilities:

-Can do telepathic shenanigans with animals

-Can shape shift into any creature he wants (also a dragon)

-Can summon animals at will

Alliances: n/a

Enemies: n/a

Other:

radicalDichotomy's

Name: Merula 'Siodhachan' Weaver/The Morrígan

Sexuality: ¿

History: Her middle name was originally going to be her first name. Then her parents found out when she was born that she wasn't male. Merula actually grew up with a fairly normal life, though her hobbies were a bit odd-- she found a dead and decomposed bird when she was five and ran away. She came back with a chain, took the skull, and made a necklace out of it. Merula would likely be called beautiful, if not for her overwhelming preoccupation with dead things and making them dead. She told her dad she wanted to learn to fight like a knight when she was eight. By the time she was nine, she was learning HEMA(Historical European Martial Arts) and boxing. Then she discovered the internet. She spent her teenage years punching things and trolling mythology forums(Ogma could so totally take Thor, she argues to this day). Eventually, she got a job as a mortician, finally making a job out of her somewhat worrying attraction to dead things. Her reaction to finding out she's the Morrígan will likely be something like 'nice.' She has a side job as a writer of purposefully terribly written stories for comedy purposes. She blogs it.

The Morrígan(the singular version, not the trinity as they're sometimes displayed) is the Irish goddess of many things. War, the Chooser of The Slain(essentially, the Grim Reaper on the battlefield), Fertility, Sovereignty, and Divination. She often takes the form of a Raven.

Looks: Merula would likely considered to be very attractive. Tall(very), full-figured(very)-- just a shame she's so...weird. Short black hair, skin so pale she's often asked if she's sick, and probably abs. Eyes as black as the night sky, plus light pollution and a new moon so there's no stars. What I'm getting at is that her eyes are hecka black.

Weapons: Prefers knives, European swords of any kind, or her fists. Or a banjo. But that was one time.

Abilities: Very skilled warrior. As the Goddess, she's the Chooser of the Slain. Fighting her is a bad idea. Terrible, even. Can shapeshift. Sometimes her eyes glow red and her voice takes on enough minor harmonics to make most crap their pants. Really skilled at divination. Probably an excellent seductress just as long as you don't remember that when she's a bird, she eats dead things.

Alliances: Anybody who doesn't anger her.

Enemies: As Merula, not many, because she's nice, if weird. As The Morrígan, not many, because they're all dead.

Other: She eats coffee. You didn't misread that. She chomps coffee beans like candy. Don't talk to her about Kiwis.

don't tell anybody, but she also plays a sick banjo.

AroaraAngelWolf's

Name: Celina (Cece) Dunwoody Neiva Aysel (Knee-va A-yah-sel)

Sexuality: (Cece) Hetero (Neiva) pan

History:

Celina: Celina had a fairly normal child hood. Her father was the only vet in the small town near the mountains for several miles, and her papa worked at home. She lived with them for a long while, went to college to be a vet assistant right out of graduating from her tiny high school at 17. After a year of working with her dad, He told her to take a year off and enjoy life a little.

Neiva: Her “birth” consists of a clear winter full moon, its light hitting a clear frozen lake and reaching a large crystal in the depths. It was January (called the Wolf’s moon) in a place the natives called Dragon Eye Lake. Her werewolves though are the same as myths except for one key thing, they don't hunt humans. Those who do she takes away the blessing. She can make and destroy these monsters. Lycon’s werewolves she has no control over. Only the ones she created by taking a human and giving them a them a blessed pelt of the animal (wolf, fox, coyote etc.). The soul mates for these creatures(mostly female, sometimes male) are given a strand of her hair (angels would have a white/ silver streak in their hair) .

Looks:

Celina: Is a tall slender woman (5’10” and 125 lbs), with petite feet, slender hands, almost elf like with waist length platinum blonde hair and cold grey eyes. Milky skin to the point where she has been mistaken for an Albino.

Neiva: Long sliver white hair, wide silver blue eyes. Skin as white as newly fallen snow. There is a Crescent moon mark on her forehead shows up in wolf and dragon forms (image is reference)

Weapons: she prefers not to fight but if she did;

- Water is her element of choice

-wolf and dragon forms

Abilities:

-manipulates water and can change it’s appearance (ice frost snow)

-shape shift (into a large white wolf the size of a grizzly and a slender white dragon about the size of a school bus. Not very big at all)

-communicate with any canine

-Can create and destroy only her “Children” (werewolves and other were creatures) she made

-can make their partners (Angels)

-Can hover, only three to six inches from the ground (as dragon only) and only in moonlight (day, new moon, or in shadow she must walk)

Alliances: Wolves, canines, anyone associated with the forest. Her children and her Angels

Enemies: Fire, cats?

Other: her necklace

Narvix

Name: Liam Orner || Apep [Also known as Apophis]

Sexuality: Ace/Aro

History:

-> Liam has a normal life. Well, had. Before ending up on the train, he lived with his parents and a younger sister. No, he wasn't the "loser who wouldn't move out". His parents had him stay to avoid the costs of housing while attending college for an Accounting major. Freshly graduated and securring his first job following his desired career, he was starting to set up to move out. Growing up was average really: get up, go to school, do homework, hang out with some friends at the mall or down the street, be home once it was dark. Liam wasn't exceptional at school but he got passing grades and he joined a few clubs. He took up track in middle and high school. Beyond that, he lived day-to-day and spent as much time as he could outside.

-> Apep was the God of the Underworld until Osiris took his place. Constantly depicted as a giant snake, sometimes with nine heads, Apep was in ceaseless battle with Ra (considered his opposite), God of the sun and former king of all Gods. Every night, Apep battled Ra in the Underworld to consume the sun but Ra almost always prevailed and brought forth the sun in the morning.

Looks: With short, black hair and dark brown eyes, Liam has tanned skin. He stands at about 6'2" with a narrow face and an athlete's build. Though, he's more of a runner than a fighter possessing long legs with more muscle development in his core and legs; not really his arms. In loose clothing, he looks lanky. His nose is slightly broad and flat, looking a bit too big for his face, and rests above thin lips. His brow line is shallow and his cheekbones are mostly concealed. He favors wearing a lightweight, gray vest over plain t-shirts or tank tops with dark blue jeans and sneakers.

Weapons:

-> A dagger made from a fang of Apep.

Abilities:

-> Chaos Manipulation - This can be considered "bad luck". It ranges from causing someone to trip to drastically changing the outcome of the "butterfly effect". The larger the change, the more energy that is required and the longer he must rest. The more pressing side effect would be physically feeling any pain or illness that is a resultant of the manipulation. (i.e. Someone loses an arm in a manipulated accident and Liam/Apep feels that equivalent of pain. Anything short of actually dying, he experiences it.) [Active]

-> Darkness Manipulation - As it is implied, Liam can manipulate/control darkness. Whether this includes shadows is somewhat debatable if you see the two as different forces. However, it can't be denied that they are intertwined. Liam can shape the darkness into anything he wants: a weapon, a solid obstacle, a phantom, etc. His imagination or needs limit his creations. Except, it takes a taxing toll, much like manipulating Chaos. He loses energy faster the longer he uses this ability (it's an exponential decay). If he isn't careful, he can end up consumed by this force and wind up dead. [Active]

-> Paralyzation - Apep was known to have a "magical gaze to overwhelm Ra and his entourage". Liam, to a degree, has obtained the same ability. Eye contact can paralyze a target for a short span of time, no longer than ten minutes. However, Liam becomes partially blind in the process and only regains his normal sight five minutes after the effect has worn off. [Active]

-> Shape Change - As Apep was depicted, so Liam can become. Besides his human body, Liam is able to morph into two snakes: a horned viper about 1.5 feet in length (18 inches), and a "God" snake. As a horned viper, he possesses the natural strengths and weaknesses of the breed. The second form is much more intimidating. Reaching 16 yards (48 feet) in length, this form looks very much like something out of Hell. Possessing sharp spikes of various sizes along its jaws and down its back in three rows, the scales are darkly colored with lighter shades circling each spike along its body. Its head is round and stunted with large black eyes peering out beneath a bumpy ridge. Its belly is covered in tan scales. A constrictor, its muscles are powerful and its strike is fast. [Active]

-> Negative Absorption - If there is a significant amount of negativity in the air (i.e. anger, sorrow, contempt) then Liam is able to absorb it and store it within himself as energy or strength. There's no direct manner for him to release what he has absorbed, only use it to replenish the energy he has lost (via exertion like running or using another ability). This is limited by the amount of negativity surrounding him and whether or not he has expended any energy. [Active]

Alliances: None

Enemies: Ra and his allies/guardians.

Other:

Doctortear's

Name: Marina Makya, Sedna

Sexuality: Demi-homoromantic Asexual

History:

Marina: Born to an ordinary middle-class family, Marina had a pretty average life. She was an A to B grade student who helped out around the community and did whatever homework was thrown at her. She wasn’t excessively popular at school nor was she a loner; she preferred to stay in a small group of close friends as opposed to having a large group of acquaintances. The only attribute about her that stood out was her love for swimming. Every weekend, her family would hang out at their pool and swim around in the chlorine stained water. Although the entire family enjoyed the pool, Marina was enraptured by it. She spent as much time as humanly possible in the water, sometimes even letting her grades slip in order to enjoy the cool water. In elementary, Marina joined a small swimming team where she excelled. Her father greatly disapproved of his daughter participating in a sport as he believed sports were for men and men only. Such a belief did not stick well with Marina nor her mother who was in full support of her daughter's happiness. Despite her father’s insults and warnings, Marina continuing swimming with a team up until high school when her father was at his last straw. He pulled her out of the school’s swimming club and demanded that she work on her schoolwork. Seeing no way around her father’s determination, Marina obeyed her father’s wishes right up until she graduated. As soon as she was eighteen and no longer in her father’s grasp, she went straight back to joining a swimming team. Seeing as the sponsors of the team didn’t provide enough income for her to survive, Marina obtained a job at a local gym where she coaches her own swimming team comprised of middle schoolers. Through the six years of leaving the house, Marina has been between part-time jobs and doing random favors in order to keep the money coming in. Though hectic, she is satisfied with her life and looks forward to what the future may hold.

Sedna: Sedna was an Inuit child living alone with her father up in the northern Americas. Her father dearly wished to marry her off in hopes that he could reap the benefits from the transaction; however, no matter how many men Sedna’s father threw at her, she did not consent. Angered by her father’s insistence on marriage, Sedna wedded herself to a dog in order to spite her father. Furious at his daughter's decision, Sedna’s father took her out into the middle of the sea in a kayak and threw her overboard. Sedna held onto the edge of the boat with a death grip. Taking a knife, Sedna’s father cut off her fingers and casted her off into the sea. Her cold, lifeless fingers shifted and transformed into the animals of the sea. Filled with vengeance and hatred, Sedna settled herself at the bottom of the sea and declared herself mistress of the marine animals. There she sat, boiling in fury with the powers of the animals around her at her fingertips.

Looks: Standing at around 6’4”, Marina is on the taller side of the spectrum. Her V-shaped body is perfectly constructed for swimming. She has broad shoulders along with prolonged limbs and a long torso, adding onto her grand stature. While her abdomen may be flat and her waist thin, her bust, unfortunately, is on the larger spectrum. Marina possess a triangle build with a svelte body to aid her when swimming. She has dark skin that is dry from her frequent adventures in water. Because of such, she applies lotion to her body often and a hint of the liquid’s fragrance lays upon her. Her oval face possess a small nose, a medium-length mouth, and two cognac almond shape eyes that twinkle with mischief. Save for waterproof foundation and the occasional mascara, Marina solem uses makeup outside of special occasions. Her black wavy hair is long and flowing, reaching down to her mid-back. The distinct smell of chlorine coats Marina’s entire body and lingers and mixes with the scent of lotion. When not in her stark black swimming suit, Marina wears casual clothing including tank-tops, the occasional t-shirt, shorts, and sneakers. Her favorite attire consists of a white tank-top, blue shorts, and black sneakers. A wide wooden bracelet hangs loosely around Marina’s right wrist.

Weapons: None

Abilities:

- Control of marine life

- Power over water

- Incredible swimming skills

Alliances: Marine animals

Enemies: None that are specified

Other: Marina owns a large, slobbering pitbull named Butch who has a tawny fawn coat and brown eyes. Despite his menacing appearance, he’s a sweetheart who would much prefer to roll over and get a belly rub then bite someone’s leg off.

Ayesthine's

Name: Jude Yates

Sexuality: Aromantic/Demisexual

History:

Jude:

Jude is a little bit of a drifter. Not so much in the physical sense, although growing up he did move around a lot. His life is very much at a standstill, with him shuffling around taking a handful of classes at community college, trying to sort out what he wants to do with his life. He's interested in a lot of things, but not enough to make them his career. He likes people, but he hasn't formed many lasting relationships. Chiefly, he's waiting for something to happen.

His childhood was turbulent, but not very unhappy. His parents moved near-constantly, especially his mother. They were very liberal and accepting of their children, letting them do what they wanted with minimal guidance. Jude was always the quiet one in his family, content to just go with the flow and cause as little trouble as possible.

Janus: Janus' role as a liminal god make him inherently nebulous. His responsibilities are based around one elementary concept:

He presides over all beginnings and endings, both abstract and concrete; from one state to another, from one appearance to another, and of one universe to another. He is the god of doors, gateways, crossroads, thresholds, bridges, and the passage of time.

Janus' function, for the most part, is simply to be.

Looks:

Jude is tall and gangly, with androgynous features, heavy-lidded eyes, and a light brown mop of curly hair. His skin is heavily tanned, verging on a nut-colored brown.

His most distinctive feature has nothing to do with his genetics. When acting as a godhead, a second identical face grows onto the back of his head.

Weapons: None.

Abilities:

As Janus, his abilities are mostly abstract and hard to pin down.

- Two-faced; one head sees into the past, the other into the future

- Creation of/access to gateways (creating doors, opening locked ones, etc)

- Time manipulation (moving through it at different speeds, to be precise)

Alliances: The Roman pantheon (Jupiter, Juno, Mars, etc.) mostly by association

Enemies: N/A

Other:

Monsters:

shadow_claw's

Name: Magnus

Gender: Male, but as a bird, he doesn't care for titles such as gender

Sexuality: Het, as far as he knows. Male Harpies are far less common than females.

History: Magnus's origins are kept quiet, but the beast himself

Looks: Magnus looks something like this, but with the plumage of a magpie.

Weapons (if any): lol no

Abilities:

-flight

- not much else

Alliances: Magnus has a respect for both Hades and Zeus, though he served neither.

Enemies: as a Harpy, most of humanity is considered an enemy.

Other: Magnus is a hoarder of anything shiny. If he sees it, he wants it.

Name: Skoll

Sexuality: Pansexual

History: Skoll is the son of Fenrir and grandson to Loki, as well as twin to Hati. His actual history is unknown, save that he chases the sun incessantly. Eventually, at Ragnarok, he and his sister will devour their respective targets and plunge the world into darkness.

Looks:

Human

Unlike his sister, Skoll is of fair skin. His hair is bright red, and eyes are a piercing yellow. He bears the same tattoos as his sister, of which spiral up his arms and twist along his back. Other than this, he wears little more than a pelt of his wolf form that he keeps on him like a cloak. He retains his teeth and claws in this form, which serve as useful weapons

Wolf

Skoll is massive as a wolf, similar in size to that of a polar bear. His pelt is a fiery orange streaked with gold, blending him perfectly with the star he's constantly hunting. When in flight, his rear legs and tail seem to burst into flame, trailing what seems to be a scentless smoke.

-Claws and teeth

- Two long, straight daggers as a human. They're more like swords than daggers.

Abilities:

-Wolf Form (Preferred appearance)

-Flight (As a wolf)

-Heightened speed and strength

Alliances: His family (Hati, Fenrir, Loki)

Enemies: The sun

Other:

Name: Death (often goes by the alias Jevan)

Gender: As Death is more of being, they don't really have a gender. They go by whatever form they are currently disguised as.

Sexuality: Again, Death has very little 'human' ideals such as sexuality and gender.

History: Eldest of the Horsemen, Death has often been separated from their brothers, both literally and emotionally. Unlike their three siblings, Death is constantly busy keeping up with the souls of the world. Not only this, but they would rather not have the world end. As such, Death is often excluded from family get-togethers. Especially since the other three have taken to suburban living.

Looks: Death, in its "showy" form, is depicted as a skeleton in a monk's robes with a flaming, skeletal horse. Usually, however, Death takes the form of a scrawny, lanky human male. Death's horse is usually something like this.

Weapons (if any):

A war scythe. Being the reaper of souls, it is nearly indestructible and can cut through anything like butter (thick objects take multiple swings).

Abilities:

Being the last Horseman, Death has abilities of the other horseman as well as differing ones. In essence, Death makes the final rounds of what their siblings didn't kill.

- can kill things instantly (though usually doesn't)

- can influence the emotions of mortals to some degree

- control over seismic activity

- teleportation

- inhuman strength and speed

- basic immortality

- the spread of disease

- Chaos: can entice others into a wild rage against one another

- Frenzy: can send mortals into a frenzied hunger, leading them to obsessively consume anything of the flesh (i.e. food, water, earthly pleasures)

- Devastation: has basic control over natural disasters and the weather

Alliances: Death has no friends. Hell is a little too eager to have them around, so Death avoids Hell. Famine, War Pestilence.

Enemies: Death also has no enemies. Still isn't on good terms with Heaven, being a Horseman and all. Death avoids Heaven too. Famine, War, Pestilence.

Other: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

AroaraAngelWolf's

Name: King (his original name he’d forgotten)

Sexuality: bisexual

History: His past isn’t pretty. He and his mother where attacked by lycaon when he was seven. She was killed (in front of the boy) and he was bitten and turned as one of Lycoan’s “sons”. He swore on the river Styx to never consume human flesh, and fights the blood lust toward humans constantly by practicality starving himself most of the time, eating small meals of game meat, roots and berries if he has to. King fought his way up by fighting to the death his other brethren until he was first Beta of Lycoan’s pack. Then the old wolf gave an order he couldn’t fulfill; kill and devour the child they found in the woods. He refused and - after a losing fight with his Alpha- brought the child to safety and left, vowing to return and kill the old wolf and assume tital as Alpha and werewolf king to change their ways

Looks:human form 5'7" intense blue eyes, lanky body but strong.

wolf form His blue eyes turn that color when angry or when he goes berserker

Weapons (if any): claws fangs…. That’s it.

Abilities:

-Wolf forum; about the size of the Northwestern wolf (larger then grey) with the same length and weight of a dire wolf (4.9 ft) in length and weighed between (110 and 174 lb) ((when healthy))

-enhanced speed (greyhound fast) and strength

-Senses heightened

-Berserker (has drawbacks; only when angry/bloodlust; fights until dead or collapses from exhaustion, cant recall going berserk.)

Alliances: Although he never served them, has huge respect for Ares and Hades (war and death).

Enemies: Artemis and her hunters (anything silver really) Lycaon, Humans with guns.

Other:

Pudding's

Name: Hati

Sexuality: Pansexual

History: Hati is the daughter of another famous wolf, Fenrir, who himself is the son of Loki. Little is told about Hati’s life, only that she chases the moon across the sky every single night while her sibling Skoll chases the sun. Eventually, at Ragnarok, she will succeed in her mission and finally devour the moon as she desires to do every night.

Looks:

Human As a human, Hati has dark brown skin and long, dark hair. Resembling a young adult, she wears what appears to be the pelt of her wolf form as a cloak. She has several tattoos in this form that spiral up her arms and spiral around her back. Her eyes are rust colored and she appears quite muscular, though small. Her nails and teeth are much sharper than any normal person’s and rival the sharpness of her wolf form.

Wolf As a wolf, Hati is very large, clearly larger than any modern dog or wolf and more closely resembling a polar bear in size. Her body appears rather wispy in this form, almost-shade. Her eyes are completely white while her body is black and silver, being much darker on the underside and lightening on her back.When flying, her rear turns much more wispy, much like some kind of ghost. At night when she does this, her body almost blends perfectly into the sky and is only notable by the lack of stars in that particular area.

Weapons (if any):

-Claws and teeth

-Several small, curved daggers as a human

Abilities:

-Wolf Form (Preferred appearance)

-Flight (As a wolf)

-Heightened speed and strength

Alliances: Her family (Skoll, Fenrir, Loki)

Enemies: The moon

Other:

radicalDichotomy's

Name: Ajax Hellier/ Eae

Sexuality: Ajax is straight. Eae, however, is ace.

History: Ajax is what is colloquially referred to as a vessel. As Seraphim manifesting directly almost never ends well(on fire, six wings, taller than most skyscrapers, eyes everywhere, the usual), Eae has come to a compromise. Ajax here gets to be commandeered. Here’s the issue: Ajax is agnostic. Eae was told that he needed to be on Earth on a set date, so he sort of popped down to Babyjax and set himself inside him and took a long nap. Now he’s waking up. Eae was told that his usual angelic fervor wouldn’t work out well for this— he might even have to work with things he would usually be inclined to smite on a regular basis.

Looks: He looks like an ordinary human, though Ajax is hardly what one imagines when they picture ‘the chosen one’. He’s about 5’2”, pale, wiry, and blond. His wings aren’t visible usually, though you can see their shadow. Sometimes he grows eyes in places they shouldn’t be. Sometimes they(along with his body) glow.

Weapons (if any): A manifestation of his angelic power. Sometimes it’s something like a halberd. Usually, though, it’s legitimately just a knife. One piece of steel, the handle wrapped in cord.

Abilities: As a Seraph, he has a large, large variety of abilities. Teleportation, flight, and the ability to smite many, many things. Holy wrath. Also, he can sing. Really well.

Alliances: Anyone who wants to help with…whatever his mission is. His superiors were unclear as to what that is, but he'll figure it out.

Enemies: Anyone who doesn’t want to help.

Other: Here’s the thing about Eaejax(As I’m calling the two of them.) Seraphs are extremely powerful, but if the vessel is less than cooperative, it’s not nearly as easy for them to be all ‘SMITE THE IMPURE’. Eae has limited knowledge of social protocol at best. Ajax is perpetually angry. Do the math.

Name: War || Henry Fijorn

Sexuality: Asexual/ Aromantic

History: War, similar to Death, mostly walks the world alone. On occasion, they have “paired up” with one of their brothers as the four are never truly separated. Where War occurs, Death follows. Where there is Famine or Pestilence, there is War and Death. They have worked patiently, ceaselessly, to create and manipulate the wars of the human race for much of their benefit and entertainment. Any small nudge from them in the right place would determine the declaration of war and just who came out the victor. War has sought for the end of the world and knows how it will proceed, but the timing has yet to be correct.

Looks:

-> Human: War favors taking on the guise of a middle-aged man with greying hair and peach-toned skin. He reaches almost 6’ in height, falling just a few inches short of the mark. Faint wrinkles edge the corners of his eyes and mouth with a crease or two running across his forehead. His hair is kept swept back in a tidy fashion and his jaw is kept shaved of any stubble. From a rounded face, brown eyes peer out from beneath a deep-set browline, almost making them appear sunken. His shoulders are wide and his chest is broad, betraying a sturdy build. His arms and legs are thick with knobby fingers at the end of each large hand. Typically, he is seen wearing a dark-colored suit with a matching tie, dress shoes, and white dress shirt.

-> Horseman: Towering over the heads of many, War’s body is dominantly concealed by dark, heavy, armor with red markings. A red cowl hides their gruesome face, transitioning into a tattered scarf circling their thick neck. Strands of dark hair tumble into sight from within their cowl and rest against their shoulders. A tattered sash, similar in color to their armor with matching markings, hangs from their waist. Their horse, a fiery chestnut color, is sturdy and muscled to carry their weight. Its black mane is tangled and stained red at the edges while its tail has red streaks through it. Scars riddle its flanks.

Weapons: Broadsword with a two-hand hilt.

Abilities:

-> Immortality - Your basic “cannot die through mortal means” long-life deal. [Passive]

-> Empathy - To some degree, War can manipulate the emotions someone experiences. Mostly done to benefit their desires, War can only manipulate the emotions up to ten humans at once. [Active]

-> Teleportation - War is able to teleport themself to a location within eyesight or somewhere they have been before/are very familiar with. This is limited, however, to an “allotment” of about 15 each day so they refrain from using it unless necessary. [Active]

-> Enhanced Abilities - Their strength and speed are inhumanly superior; their physical strength even more so. They are, perhaps, physically the strongest out of the Horsemen. [Passive]

-> Berserker - Only when in dire need, War is capable of entering or inducing a Berserker state. Entering such a state himself is much less “dangerous” than inducing it in a human being (who would surely be destroyed by it). When berserk, War is incapable of feeling any pain and can utilize their body to its full extent. Broken bones and exhaustion are ignored. Such a state only lasts for a limited time, fading after the threat is gone. [Active]

Alliances: Death, Pestilence, Famine

Enemies: Death, Pestilence, Famine

Other: They are of “neutral” alliance, seeking only to end the world by their own means. As Henry, War has infiltrated and secured a seat within the UN officials as an influencing voice.

Doctortear's

Name: “Wynne” Wendigo

Sexuality: Biromantic Asexual

History: As a spirit consumed by greed, Wynne has lived his existence trapping unsuspecting travelers in his grasp. He has spent countless centuries lurking in cold forests in northern Canada for prey. His clever mind and superior body have allowed him to fool just about anyone who has come in contact with him. Throughout the years, he has managed to possess humans who had resorted to cannibalism in his forest into beings like himself although none of them remain thanks to the exploits of several brave adventurers. As intelligent as he may be, Wynne, like the rest of his brethren, is consumed by the desire to consume human flesh and has been forced to hunt long and far to obtain such meat.

Looks:

Human: Wynne is a short and lanky man, standing only at around 5’4”. He’s extraordinarily skinny with an oval build, long slender limbs and bony hands. He has semi-dark skin with hundreds of freckles covering its surface. His scruffy, light brown hair is quite messy, reaching down to the nape of his neck. He has dark brown, oval shaped eyes along with thin eyebrows, small lips, and a tiny nose set upon his triangle head. His attire is awfully casual consisting of loose comfortable clothing that can be easily taken off. He prefers to wear a blue flannel, jeans, and brown boots.

Wendigo: As a Wendigo, Wynne grows in stature, standing at 7’3” at full height. He remains abnormally skinny with limbs that seem far too long for his body. His body is seemingly skeletal with jaundiced skin stretching across his body with a thin layer of pale fur on top. His head is no longer human and is instead replaced with a head that is akin to that of a stag’s skull with long jumbled antlers included. The mouth lacks lips and the teeth inside are ragged canine fangs; a wickedly long tongue settles in the Wendigo’s mouth. The creature’s extraordinarily long claws are quite prominent on his figure. Wynne’s eyes are nothing more than sullen pits of black set upon his skull-like head. Chunks of ice are scattered across Wynne’s body in ridged patches. As a Wendigo, Wynne stinks of rotting leaves and meat.

Weapons (if any):

- Claws and teeth as a Wendigo

- A collection of small knives as a human

Abilities:

- Inhuman stamina, agility, speed, and strength

- Resistance to cold temperatures

- Able to possess cannibals

- Can live off human flesh

- Mimicry of human voices when a Wendigo

Alliances: None

Enemies: Nature to some extent

Other: Despite all the perks Wynne gets from becoming a Wendigo, there is one major downside: he can only consume raw human flesh. This can become troublesome if he becomes particularly hungry.

Humans:

shadow_claw's

Edited by shadow_claw

Reserved Characters:

War is reserved by Narvix

Edited by shadow_claw

Yes and yes! Any mythological god (as long as you aren't outrageously OP), or some OC god or whatever.

An animal god can be reserved. Any specific god (like Pan) or an OC?

Yes, but I'm probably gonna steal the name of an existing god (if it's okay with you) because I suck at names.

Name: Samuel Russell, Apollo

Sexuality: Homosexual (Homoromantic)

History: Sam had a fairly standard childhood. Born to upper-middle class family, he enjoyed many perks in life including traveling around the world and attending great schools. Taking advantage of the options given to him, he attended college and is working his way towards attending medical school, though not without several breaks in between to enjoy life.

Twin to Artemis, Apollo was born after his sister on the island of Delos to Leto. As the son of Zeus, he is considered to be one of the most diverse gods in terms of reign as he is the god of light, the sun, music, poetry, prophesy, healing, plagues, youth, beauty and several others that depend upon the source. Apollo is popularized for pulling the sun in the form of a flaming chariot. There are many stories of Apollo, such as him aiding Paris in killing Achilles or getting a lyre from Hermes after the other god stole cattle belonging to him.

Looks: Sam has short, reddish hair and olive skin. His eyes are green in color and he is reasonably muscular, though not much taller than everyone else. His cheeks and shoulders are both freckled, along with his nose. His outfits tend to be very casual as he usually rolls in sweatshirts and jeans, though occasionally he may rock a collared shirt with rolled up sleeves.

Weapons: A bow is the most popular weapon of choice for Apollo.

Abilities:

-Healing the injuries of others or cast plagues upon others (Generally speaking, this only works with Mortals)

-Creating music and playing musical instruments, as well as creating poetry

-Can foresee the future to some degree

-Has immense skill with any bow

-Can manipulate light to some extent.

Enemies: N/a

Other: gun

Name: James Crawford, Loki

Sexuality: Asexual (Panromantic)

History: James was born to two parents on the rough side of town. By the time he was seven, he had been in over twelve different homes and moved between ten states. It took until he was ten for his family to actually settle down in an area but the constant movement in his childhood meant he sought stability more than most people. By the time he did settle down, his parents managed to make a decent living for themselves by starting a company, however, they became much more busy maintaining the company. He quickly grew distant from his family and ended up setting out on his own, skipping college entirely and and moving straight to finding a job.

Loki is god or frost giant (or both, depending on the source) from Norse mythology. In mythology, he acts as a trickster figure, not leaning towards any particular side but orchestrating several deaths of other gods while aiding them at other times. He has sired many offspring in many different forms but his antics eventually led to his imprisonment by the gods using the entrails of one of his own sons beneath a venomous serpent that drips poison onto him.

Looks: Naturally, James has brown hair but it hasn’t been that color in a long time. More recently, James has opted to lighten the hair on top of his head to white while keeping the sides much darker. Since he keeps the sides shaved, this gives him a more striking version of the half-shaved look. In terms of size, James is shorter than he’d like to be and pretty skinny. He has brown eyes and lighter skin and likes to wear sweaters more often than not.

Weapons: Loki tends to rely more on his wit so has no preferred weapon other than magic or his brain.

Abilities:

-Can change both shape and sex

-Superhuman strength

-Sorcery and general magic

Enemies: Most Norse gods by the time Ragnarok rolls around.

Other: So this is what the homeworld thinks of fusion

Confirmed Loki for being the baby of the group

Edited by pudding

Want to just mash together all of the mythologies so that we don't have to sort out stuff and things and stuff?

Edit: It's 10 at night and this is not even close to my best work

Name:Zachary Dodge, Faunus

Sexuality: Hetero

History:

Zachary- RPed

Faunus- Faunus is the father of all animal life on Earth, (In the nonexistent culture that was made up so he can have lore) and takes the form of an emerald-green (western) dragon. He is rather benevolent, but smites those who take life for granted.

Looks: Zachary has unremarkable brown hair, and eyes to match. His height is pretty much average and he has as little muscle as humanly possible. He has a forest-green hoodie that he pretty much never takes off.

Weapons: n/a

Abilities:

-Can do telepathic shenanigans with animals

-Can shape shift into any creature he wants (also a dragon)

Alliances: n/a

Enemies: n/a

Other: All I wanna do is see you turn into a giant woman

Edited by MrSpyro

The soft rattle of the train was a good way to cover conversation. Conversation about things that shouldn't be overheard. Not that it mattered here. He had made sure that the several Ancients that were on the train were doing a little...self-exploring. Delving into memories that may not be their own. Finding scraps of an identity. It was taxing on a mortal body, and often led to illness for some period of time. Transitioning from a body of a human to that of a god's is far from easy.

But it made Jevan able to handle them one at a time. With all the strange occurrences popping up all over the world, he could only speak with one at a time. And he was busy. So busy all the time. The sickly-looking man fiddled with the ring on his right hand, spinning it in a circle slowly.

"Where am I?" He had nearly forgotten about the woman he had first chosen to wake up. She wasn't taking it as well as he had hoped. It seems as if her lifestyle varied from Artemis's significantly.

"Safe. That's all you need to know for now." Perhaps she'd adjust better if her twin was next. "Stay here and rest. There's food in a few carts down. You'll know it when you see it." With this, the gangly man rose to his feet and stalked out the door. Four cars down, a safe distance away from any others, did he locate the sleeping god. Well, it was more of a trance than a sleep. Jevan took the other man by the shoulders gently.

"Time to get up."

---

Food. She didn't know if she wanted to eat after...whatever she threw up. Mina rose onto shaky legs, another wave of nausea passing through her. She wanted this awful taste out of her mouth, however. Whatever she had thrown up-Blood? That's what the guy had said-it didn't taste like blood. Slowly did she work her way out the door and into the corridor between rooms. Water, no booze. That was what she needed. And some ibuprofen. A week long nap would probably help too.

Screaming. In her dreams, she heard screaming. This wasn't unusual. It was usually one of two kinds(or both) of screaming. One was agonized, painful howls. The other she likely wouldn't mention in polite conversation. The dreams were always scents and sounds, never clear images-- most things were red that she saw. Flashes of red, blood--rage. The weight of a sword in her hands. The smell of iron, so strong that it infiltrated her taste buds and made her want more. The feeling of wind beneath...wings? Did she have wings? She didn't know. She snapped awake, eyes flickering open in one smooth motion. She didn't do drowsy. If she did, she didn't show it. She blinked, words escaping her mouth as soon as they entered her mind. "I'm on a train. I hate trains." Her voice, smooth and rich, lilted into the air like a half-dead bird trying to fly. It wasn't really smooth and rich, either. It was raspy as hell, because she hadn't had anything to drink in quite some time. "Is anybody else awake? Do you have coffee? Is this real life?" The questions spilled out like a dam broken. She forced herself up, resolutely ignoring the pounding in her head. "I want coffee. Also, how did I get here?"

The forest was quiet. Then again, most birds and other smaller animals knew better than to give away their locations when she was close. Not that she minded, of course. Even when she was smaller than what she would have liked, the birds pissed her off. Crouching down, the small girl planted her hands on the ground and sniffed the grass before looking up again. Climbing slowly to her feet, she tied the two paws that hung over her shoulders slightly tighter so the pelt on her back didn’t drag across the ground as much but it did little to help. In this form, she was simply too short for the massive skin to not drag behind her. Approaching a nearby tree, Hati ran her tongue over her teeth as she pulled out a small dagger from the inside of the pelt she wore and began to carve a symbol into the trunk.

Light. He could barely make out anything through the harsh, white rays that stung at his vision. Impossibly, the brightness seemed to affect his hearing as well, preventing him from making out the strange babbling that filled his ears. He could hear names, none of which sounded familiar and the snippets of conversations that probably would have made more sense with some actual context. But, lying just under that noise was a much more obvious sound.

Music.

A chorus of a multitude of instruments filled his ears, each note echoing in his ears. He couldn’t just hear it, he could feel it shaking his bones. The music-beautiful as it was-carried with it more than the words could convey. He could feel something else flaring up inside him. No, literally, flaring up inside of him. It burned his core and spread outwards, filling his entire body until it felt like even his fingernails were burning with the intensity of the sun. Images burned their way into his eyes through the harsh light, none of which made any sense to him. People, animals, places? Some kind of giant snake? He probably would have started screaming by now if he could actually understand anything that was going on.

Although Harpies were usually great predators, Magnus...was not. The sheer weight of all the things he wore made him slow, as well as noisy. But he loved his shinies. The bangles around his wrists were just as near to his heart as the chains around his neck. It was a habit of his, to obsessively collect anything he considered beautiful. Usually, it was objects of the metallic kind.

The feathered beast stared down from a tree, his black eyes following a small woman. He wasn't stupid; he knew power when he saw it. And although the woman was tiny, that pelt she wore was enough to keep him from attacking. That didn't mean he couldn't watch, however. Magnus shifted slightly, his jewelry rattling against itself. Wait-what was she doing?

A wave of anger pulsed through the Harpy once he realized what she was doing. She was attacking his tree! His tree! Craving her own mark, most likely! Didn't she see all the things he had carefully set about? It was clear this tree was his! Snapping his jaws angrily, Magnus leaped down from the tree and landed several feet away from the woman. He puffed up, clearly agitated.

"Are you daft enough not to see varnings?" He snapped, his feathers quivering as she spoke. Surprisingly, he carried a strong Germanic accent. How dare she deface his home!

---

That wasn't good. Jevan frowned as he felt the heat flush the man's skin. A fever? No, not a fever. Change varied among the Ancients. He gave the man another firm shake, before pulling out a small necklace. On it dangled a small charm of a crescent moon. Something to ground the struggling God, at least. Carefully did he slide it into the man's palm, curling his fingers closed. "Come on now. Get up."

---

That was a voice she heard. And it was coming from another room. Curiously did Mina peek in, sliding the door open a crack. "I....uh." She stared at the scrawny woman and frowned. There was something about her that Mina just didn't like. It made her...almost angry to see this woman. "I was told there's food somewhere around here. Wanna...join...?" The offer was half-hearted at best, as Namina didn't really want to hang around her.

Edited by shadow_claw

Hati had just about halfway finished carving a mark into the tree when another creature decided to make itself known. She paused, the knife only a few centimeters above the surface of the tree, and glanced sideways at the creature that had landed nearby. The bird-man seemed to be angry with her for some reason or another judging from the way his feathers fluffed out and the snappy tone he was using. Very clearly he was a monster like her but they were clearly not kin at all. If she actually knew any male harpies, she would have pegged that as his species, but her knowledge insisted otherwise. She had certainly never encountered a male before. What an oddity this bird was.

"It's less that I didn't see them and more that I do not care," the wolf replied gruffly, her own voice gravely and gruff. It sounded strange that such a noise would come from such a small woman but her voice didn't change between forms. Coming out of a wolf, there was nothing wrong with the way she sounded. Lowering the knife again, she scraped a few more lines into the tree, keeping her eyes on the bird. Even if he was smaller than her wolf form, some creatures got the wrong idea and tried to attack her while she was disguised. She wasn't in the mood for a new set of scratches so keeping an eye on him should give her enough time to dodge, provided he didn't have any tricks up his sleeves.

Or feathers.

"I'll be on my way in a moment as long as you let me finish. I need to make sure I mark that it hasn't come this way."

From out of the words and the music and the harsh heat that shook his entire body, something cool and soothing found its way into his hands. The blissfully cold item that seemed to just appear very quickly spread it's nice, cold feeling out of his palm and across his arms, sweeping across his body like a wave. When it hit his eyes, the light that had been blinding him gradually faded, revealing a different light. A ceiling light.

Staring up at the roof for a few moments, Samuel breathed in and out heavily, shaking as he did so. No, wait a moment. The room itself was shaking, not him.

Sitting up sharply at this realization, Samuel looked around the room in alarm before turning his body around to stare at the only other person there. He didn't know who the man was or what he was doing... Had he been kidnapped? Jesus Christ, his parents didn't own THAT much money.

"What's going on?" He asked, only to flinch at the sound of his own voice as it drove a nail through his head, forcing a great headache upon him. Quickly raising a hand, he held the side of his head, trying to calm down the throbbing feeling that rattled his brain.

"Find anozer tree, fräulein." Magnus replied coolly. He wasn't in the mood to deal with trespassers, especially those who happened to attack his home for no reason. The woman's remark, however, made the Harpy tilt his head. 'It'? What was the woman talking about? "I'm not sure you vant to be hunting in zis forest. It is protected by Artemis herself." Or, was. But recently, the forest seemed to burst with life.

Not to mention to was filled with monsters of all sorts. Mostly, Harpies. The flock Magnus was in, well, it was matriarchal. Males were tolerated at the outskirts of the territory, and were only allowed to visit to breed. Females often pursued him instead of the other way around. After all, a single flock averaged only two males. That was seasons off, thankfully. "Ze wrath of a god is not one to be taken lightly." The Harpy shifted his weight, plucking one of his iridescent blue feathers from his back and discarding it. He would have to preen later.

---

Oh, finally. Jevan stood, before sinking back into one of the mounted seats. "You're safe, don't worry." He replied dismissively. Hostility was a good sign. Artemis had been too ill to get aggressive. "I just needed to find a place to speak to you. I will be brief. I'm sure you're eager to meet your sister."

The bird went ignored at first as Hati struck the tree a few more times with her knife. However, she did catch onto his other words and quickly turned around, facing him now instead of looking at the tree. She hadn’t known that. Artemis was protecting this forest and likely hunting in it frequently. “No wonder I was led here,” She muttered to herself as she stiffly hid her weapon back under the pelt she wore. As the bird continued to warn her about the wrath of a god or whatever, the woman dropped down to her knees and sniffed the ground again. Not finding whatever she was looking for, she picked a piece of grass off the ground and threw it in her mouth, quickly mashing it to pieces between her teeth. Yes, now that he pointed it out, what she was looking for had passed through this area. It was faint but years upon years of chasing her prey helped her identify what she was looking for.

The moon had been here.

Spitting out the mashed up pieces of grass, Hati stood and turned her head to look at the bird with a new look. “Then you know where she has gone,” Hati muttered with a small nod. Yes, an inhabitant of the forest would know where it’s guardian had wandered off to. He would be a good resource to use. “Where is she?” The wolf asked, staring directly at the harpy now.

Sister? He didn’t have a sister. Right? Frowning, he glanced down at his hand, noticing it was still stubbornly clenched in a fist. Uncurling his fingers, he stared at the small pendent for a few seconds before looking up at the man again. “I don’t understand,” He replied, letting his first close around the charm again. Feeling anger bubbling up inside him, he scowled and dug his other hand into the seat he was sitting on. “You need to explain what is going on now.” He wasn’t just going to sit down and let this headache stop him from finding out where he was and who this stranger was.

He didn’t know where he was but he was scared. The entire room shook around him occasionally so he knew he was either on something that was moving or wherever he was just so happened to be plagued with countless mini earthquakes. Likely the first one of those but Ashley didn’t know how he would find himself on a train or a plane. He certainly didn’t remember getting on board of one and this was no subway car.

As soon as he had woken up from the nightmare, Ashley had done his best to barricade the door. Since the train was lacking in things that were not mounted to the wall, he had tossed a few pillows at it before seating himself against the door to block it with his own body. Where was he? Why couldn’t he remember getting on board….wherever he was? Who had brought him here? Had he actually been brave enough, he might have opened the car door to answer a few of those questions but what may lay beyond the door worried him too much to consider that option.

He didn't like the look in her eye. The harpy blanched, his feathers fluffing up yet again. Although he wasn't as strong as an entire flock, Harpies were vicious creatures. "The Lady hasn't shown herself in years." Decades? Centuries? Magnus could never remember. Time was a a human concept, after all. Nervously did Magnus avert his gaze from the wolf, plucking at the feathers on his chest. "I don't know vere she has gone." How much did the Harpy want to retreat back to his best, where this horrible beast couldn't reach him. But he was slow, and flight was difficult with all his jewelry.

---

"I suggest you don't threaten me." Jevan spoke calmly, his own dark gaze meeting Samuel's easily. "You are here for one simple reason: you're unable to go through this change without assistance. Assistance that I am providing." The scrawny man gestured to the amulet in the Goldling's hand and arched an eyebrow. "Otherwise, you might burn up and die. The shift into immortality is far from easy, after all." Momentarily did Jevan slide his sleeve backwards to check his watch. He was on schedule. Good. "There is food and drinks in a cart ahead of you. You're free to go whoever you please."

Well that was frustrating. But at least she had a lead now and someone who at least knew of the moon. Artemis was a name she heard in passing so she could at least recognize it as her prey but she wasn’t sure what the moon currently looked like. This bird could at least be useful in helping her sniff her out. Even if the creature didn’t know where she currently was, another set of eyes could help in her pursuit. “Alright,” She replied, the corners of her mouth twisting upwards slightly. “Then you’ll just help me find her.” Tossing one of the large paws of the pelt over her shoulder, she looked upwards at the sky briefly before looking down again. “And before you get any ideas, I’ll eat you if you try to run off early. So don't”

Samuel scowled but looked down at the necklace he was holding. Immortality? He still didn’t understand what was going on but he did feel hungry. When was the last time he had eaten? Suddenly overcome with the thought of eating, he sighed but stood up anyway. “I don’t understand any of what you are saying but I’ll accept an explanation after I eat. Are there other people on this train I need to worry about running into?"

Ashley stiffened and nearly jumped through the roof in surprise when something suddenly banged on the door he was blocking with his body. Quickly bracing himself against it, he prepared for someone to try to force their way inside the compartment he had holed himself inside of. Instead, however, he heard the faint apology from the other side of the door. Nobody tried to force their way inside and he was left undisturbed.

“Who’s out there?” He called out reluctantly, not moving himself away from the door. He hated this. He felt sick to his stomach but he had nothing to throw up. It felt like he hadn’t eaten for weeks.

((Can you guys put who you're narrating above the paragraphs for each character or something? It's kinda confusing trying to figure out who's who.))

Zachary woke up with a nasty headache. maybe he rolled onto the floor in his sleep or something. Except it didn't feel like he was on the floor. Zachary blinked a few times to get that weird just-woke-up blurriness in his eyes and was pretty shocked to find out that he was on a train. He had no idea how he got there or anything. Maybe it was a part of his dream. He had a strange dream last night about being an animal. But, it was, like, multiple animals. It kept switching perspectives. Maybe, Zachary had coincidentally switched to a person (People were technically animals, weren't they?) who was riding a train somewhere. Except that person must've stolen his favorite green hoodie, and his body while they were at it. Yup, definitely awake and on a train. There were a few other people on it, and some of them were awake. Maybe one of them would know what was going on. "Where are we going?" Zachary asked to nobody in particular.

The compartment was silent for a moment as Ashley bit his lip. Finally, after a few moments, the door slammed open as he looked down at the crying woman. His own eyes were slightly red as he glanced down the hallway before reaching out a hand to help the strange woman up. "Please...please don't cry," He begged with a frown. Was she hurt? She was crying an awful lot and it felt really strange trying to deal with someone who was probably pretty close to his age and yet crying like a kid. What was he supposed to do now? He just wanted her to stop crying quickly or figure out why she was crying in the first place.

Oh, wow. Sir? Did she really just call him sir? Staring for a moment at the woman who had to only be a few years younger than him, if even that, as she walked away, Ashley frowned. He really wasn't sure how to handle her at all. Only a few seconds into their conversation and he had no clue what she was talking about. Based on the way she dressed alone he would have assumed she was attending some kind of convention but nobody talked like that anymore. I mean, trifles? Ashley was positive half of his generation didn't even know what that word meant. "Are you an alien?" He asked after a moment, looking absolutely mystified. "I suppose the guy with the white and black hair really can't talk here but you're talking like it's the Fifties or something."

The harpy fidgeted, clearly distressed by this news. But he wasn't even wearing the right shinies! These ones were too heavy for flight, let alone for travel. In his anxiety, he preened, nervously pulling out feathers on his chest and arms with his hands. Soon was he ripping off his bangles, whining in distress. Who would decorate his nest for the rest of the flock? What if somebody took his beautifully decorated nest for themselves? It wasn't often male harpies got any attention, so similar to bowerbirds, they decorated their territory with pretty objects to entice visitors. After all, harpies were social creatures.

---

"People? Oh no. Godlings? yes. Mind your manners, as some are likely to have discovered their abilities by now." Jevan rose to his feet, already heading to the door. He had to catch the others before they started to wander. "Your artifacts are being kept safely. Please inform me when you want them back." With this, he slid the door open and walked out. He had to find the others.

Hati stared at the bird as he awkwardly fidgeted and began stripping off the shiny baubles he was wearing. As far as shiny things were concerned, Hati was generally uninterested. She had no way to wear them in her natural form and they served no purpose in her human form. The same went for most things as she didn't wear fancy clothes or anything else as a human. The only thing she required was her pelt so that was all she cared to wear. It was large enough that it worked out nicely anyway. What use did she have for other things? She wasn't trying to show off so the baubles were useless. "Are you done yet?" She asked impatiently, turning away from the bird and stepping forward. "If she is no longer here, we must move on."

--

Samuel looked ready to ask more questions but before he could, the stranger had already left. Great. Sighing, he glanced down at the amulet he was holding, running his fingers across the smooth surface of the charm. After a few moments, he fastened the chain around his neck so he was wearing it before standing up and walking out of the open door. He had said food was just one car down, right? Playing with the amulet with his fingers, he set off down the halls to locate the car that had food in it.

--

As with most people, this girl was taller than him. Shying away at her request, he awkwardly held onto the door of the compartment he had woken up in, just now realizing that she could be anyone. She could be a victim like him but she could also be the person who drugged and dragged him on the train in the first place. "I..." He muttered, glancing down the hallway to make sure nobody was coming. "I'm not really sure that's safe," he replied, slinking back into the room slightly and holding onto the doorknob in such a way that clearly indicated he was ready to shut the door at a moment's notice. Mumbling under his breath, he tried his best to explain how he was rightfully uncomfortable talking to a stranger in such a situation and now she it was clear she wasn't mortally injured they should probably just carry on separately. However, the muttered words strung together in an awkward list and was barely legible as he held onto the door, his grip tightening every second. He wanted to be left alone.

"Vhy...vhy are you after ze lady?" Magnus followed behind timidly, clacking his front talons together as he walked. For such a vicious predator, it was almost comical to see how docile Harpies could be. Created by Zeus, Harpies were the personification of the storm winds, and one of the fastest flyers around. They were also all supposed to be female. Clearly, this was no longer the case. "Pursuing ze Huntress is foolhardy, fräulein." Shaking his head, the harpy clucked his tongue. "Vell, shall ve? Raus, fräulein, raus!"

((the term he continues to use is merely Magnus addressing her as a lady.

Also, I suggest we 1) timeskip to Hati attack the train, or 2) have King run into the traveling group))

---

"Ah! There you are!" The man's voice was soon heard down the hall as Jevan jogged after both Ashley and Celina. The worry melted off his face now that two of the three missing were accounted for (he hadn't them in their carts. How...frustrating!). As soon as he reached them, he spun the two around towards the large double doors. "Come now, gather your strength. I'm positive you have questions, as everyone here seems to. Eat first; we can speak later."

Hati huffed slightly at the unnecessary question asked. Rolling her eyes ever so slightly in a surprisingly…human emotion for a beast such as her, she turned to answer when something else caught her attention. First came the smell, one she knew all too well, then a man stumbled out of the forest. Raising an eyebrow at the creature that had the nerve to growl at her, Hati snorted back and shook her head. “I am me,” She replied back with a look of distain cast in his generally direction. Peering briefly back at the harpy, she shrugged. “And my reasons are my own.” She sniffed the air briefly before casting a dirty look in the direction of the werewolf, teeth bared. “I refuse to tell anything more than that to a mutt who cannot even identify his superiors. If you want information, you better start treating me like the alpha I am. Because I won’t tolerate anything less.” Looking to the harpy, she nodded once and turned away, indicating that they were leaving and carrying on with their pursuit of Artemis.

Ashley immediately ducked further into the room as another person jogged down the hall, closing the door even more as he did his best to direct them to the double doors nearby with an insistent tone directing him to eat. While the girl-he had never actually learned her name, had he-followed the directions fairly easily, Ashley looked much more reluctant to do so. “I really think I’d prefer to stay in here,” He muttered, closing the door a little bit more as he said so. “I’m not actually that hungry and I’m really confused and I think I might throw up soon."

As soon as another stranger appeared, Magnus instantly took to the trees. With his heavy weight gone, he effortlessly retreated to a branch. His speed was surprising, as he usually didn't fly. Couching on the sturdy branch, he leaned down towards the stranger and hissed. He was smart enough not to be hostile with Hati, but this stranger was clearly not as strong. hesitating, only for a moment, he sprang out of the tree and at King, snapping and slashing. "Nien! Nicht mehr! Ich werde nur Toler einem Tier bedroht mich!"

((Translation: No! No more! I'll only tolerate one beast threatening me!))

---

The man sighed, merely shaking his head. He had all the possible reactions already accounted for. A small lump of...something was produced from the inside of his coat. It was cut something like a brownie, and wrapped in saran wrap. Although ambrosia was from Greek culture, it was irresistible to nearly every immortal out there. He unwrapped the small square, and stepped into the room.

"Sitting there will only make your nausea worse. Then a headache will settle in. It will pierce through your senses and render you blind. Then come the flashbacks, followed by a fever. And if left to sit without assistance, the damage could irreparable." As he spoke, Jevan strode into the room. His dark eyes flashed, as if impatient. Leaning in towards the reclusive Ashley, he thrust the cube of food forward. "Eat."