Chicogal

Sweety and Chico and Shad

((Shad, what character do you want to play? We'll find a way to incorporate you :3 ))

Tony swam in and out of consciousness, barely aware of what was going on around him. He could feel a grip on his arms and the hot pavement beneath him, which was enough information to tell him that he was moving. He scrabbled feebly against the ground with his feet, trying to push himself along to help whoever was pulling him. He couldn't keep his eyes open, but he tried, tried to stand up and lean heavily on this person beside him. As they progressed he became more lucid, though shock and the knot on his head prevented him from being completely aware of everything. "What's happening?" He managed, finally getting a good look at his rescuer. He remembered the girl.. Rain, wasn't it? Briefly he wondered why she was helping him, but quickly dismissed the thought. It wasn't the time.

((My usuals, I'd suppose. Clint, Dick, maybe an OC or two? Depends. What's been going on IC so far?))

((Not sure where Chico disappeared to... I'm in college right now so I'm kind of busy but still here.

Basically Rain and Tony met as teenagers at a stark event. Rain is a mutant activist siding with magneto, who tried to get Howard's backing. When he denied it magneto threatened him and left, and Tony doesn't trust rain anymore. Right now we're in the middle of the stark car crash which magneto caused. Rain couldn't stand to see Tony die and saved him.)

((So they're younger? I can work with that. I'll use just Clint and one of my Oc's for now. That'll do, I think.))

((I'm exhausted and very busy at the moment, sorry! And yes, they're younger shad))

It was a big help when Tony began to try to help - but he was weak, and rightfully so. Anyone would be after such an event. He didn't know yet, didn't understand what was going on. Her heart throbbed for him. "Magneto, he made your car crash-" Her speech abruptly stopped as she heard a high pitched whine. No. No, were they far enough away? Flinging them both to the ground to reduce exposure, she crouched over him as the heat of the explosion of more fire rolled over them. Some metal and glass shards spat out, sinking themselves into Rain's exposed arms and legs - and possibly some of Tony as well. A moment later, she fainted to the side of him from the heat, arms draped over his chest.

She wasn't a hero. But it was the least she could do, to shield him from that.

Ambulances drew into the scene, firefighters and police officers. There were shouts, sirens, but nothing could deny the truth coming to the boy on the ground.

Edited by Chicogal

Although Namina was a mutant, she wasn't at the protest to, well, protest. no. Being a street rat and all, she spent this time doing what she did best-stealing. Pickpocketing was a quick and easy way to buy enough to eat. Not that'd she'd protest to start with. Her abilities were lackluster compared to others anyways. Not compared to the glamorous ways others got it. She could deviate her forms. It hurt(a lot, in fact), so it wasn't something she often did. She had another trick or two up her sleeve, but it wasn;t often she got to use it.

Everything she could do depended on emotion. If she let herself get too upset, she'd lose her "normal" look just like that. Skin would make way for fur, two legs would become four, and so on. Not only this, but the woman had not two, but six sets of eyes. In her human form, the lack of this extra eyesight made her dyslexic. She wasn't used to one pair of eyes, so everything (words and numbers especially) scattered across her vision.

This was why she nearly missed the scene not two blocks away. It was too difficult to decipher which bills were which from the day's haul. Twenty minutes of going from one piece of paper to the next, and Namina was frustrated. Sometimes, she managed to catch some kind of number in the mess of shapes. Today wasn't one of those days. A police car rushed by, and the teen stuffed her looted cash back into her bra. No way she was going to jail. Not after all the work she had done. Though...It make a girl wonder what was going on.

((No need to reply, I'll have her catch up to the incident.

Anyways, Mina's kinda like a crappier version of Mystique, except...she isn't?? I'll explain as time goes on.

I'll post with Clint when I find a good opening.))

((Bump T-T Nothing we can do without Sweet at the moment... Unless you have an idea for an entirely different tangent, shad? The idea is that everyone is younger versions of themselves. ^^))

((Hm...well, I haven't brought Clint in. Perhaps he could run into somebody until Sweet comes back?))

(Sorry... College is hard @_@ )

Tony hit the ground hard as Rain shoved him, uncomprehending until he felt the heat of the blast. Once again, he was deafened as the explosion happened, his ears ringing helplessly. There was pain registering in his legs but he could barely comprehend it, couldn't understand what the hell was happening. It was about that time that he phased back into unconsciousness, barely aware of the weight on his back. The static white noise in his ears drowned out the sirens, and so it was only when paramedics got to them did he realize that they were even there. He let them do what they wanted, eyes unfocused and staring off into the distance past them. With all the pain and anguish inside him, it was easier to just drift off for a while.

((it's okay U_U. College is hard

Clint's gonna be in the hospital, recovering from a recent...event. Maybe he and Tony share a room since they're both seriously injured?))

(That's a good idea! Would Rain just be down the hall then? I assume for the glass and the heat trauma)

((Exactly, that way all the characters could get together! [i'll have Mina cause/get into trouble some time later >:)]))

(That's fine with me! If it's good with Chico you could probably just skip to them in the hospital, like maybe them wheeling Tony in)

Rain swam in and out of consciousness for the next few hours. Flashes of scenes came before her eyes - a woman crouching over her, trying to rouse her from her reverie, strong arms lifting her from the ground, the frantic beeping of something as she vaguely realised that she was in an ambulance. The entirety of her body ached. She could feel where the glass had gone in especially, some small cuts and other large gashes. The girl was barely aware of her being wheeled somewhere, things were stuck into her hand and...

She woke up a few hours later with a start. For a moment, she was frantic, sitting bolt upright and shouting something incomprehensible. Then the nurses were there, telling her what had happened, allowing her mind to catch up.

"Where's the guy I was with? Tony?" Her voice came out a rasp, and there was a terrible headache throbbing in her temples. The heat had weakened her greatly. She doubted she could use her powers if she tried.

The ward both Tony and Rain were placed in were allowed for the critically injured. As such, the ward was crowded. As such, a socioeconomic gap wasn't uncommon between roommates. Injuries don't favor a certain class, after all. For example, Tony was roomed with a criminal.

This criminal was badly injured, for that was the purpose of the ward. He sported multiple wounds throughout his torso, many of which were...slash wounds? Yes, it seemed as if his injuries were no accident. The man was frequented by both police and unknown officials alike, each time with disappointing results. The man was surprisingly silent, save for rude gestures and vivid facical expressions. And these officials were back, this time arguing between one another after an incident. The criminal had apparently gotten angry and began to sign at them. He had been deaf and they had only just figured it out.

"What. Wait, what is he doing."

"That's sign language. Is he deaf?"

"Have we been interrogating a deaf guy this whole time?!"

"How were you dumb enough to be asking questions to a deaf guy?!" One voice snapped to the other.

A third man cleared his throat, silencing the other two. In a soft voice did he continue.

"If he is deaf, we'll get a translator. That's it. We don't have anything else for him until then."

(Sorry, my muse for this is so low. Don't mean to offend, it just is. It's hard to RP when there's little interest and you have a million other things going on)

Tony stayed blessedly unconscious throughout the duration of his move from the road to the hospital. He was concussed, but other than that had suffered no other wounds thanks to Rain's intervention. Besides bruising of course, but that was to be expected.

It was only after he'd been situated in his bed and treated that he began to stir. He could hear voices around him, but they were like tiny insects on the edge of his consciousness; flitting about and barely noticeable. He ignored them, doing his best instead to open his eyes. The room was way too bright and he immediately winced, his head starting to pound. Where... Was he?

The nurses fussed around her, and eventually Rain understood that he'd survived. He was nearby. But his parents weren't. She... She hadn't been able to save them too. She remembered now. She knew what it was like to lose parents, albeit in a different way. Hers didn't love her, because of what she could do.

Her entire body ached and stung. The heat had taken it out of her. She allowed her head to flop to the side, where there was a bit of commotion. It was an emergency ward - they were all in here together. Vision fuzzy, it swam in and out of focus. There was a dude down there... He was deaf? And over there, that was... It looked vaguely like a young man. Tony perhaps?