ForNarniaMC

Festival of Eggs/Trick or Treat Contest?

Hello there.

I have been thinking, we could hold a contest for spriting eggs and treats for the Festival of Eggs and Trick or Treat. We could have participants sprite a treat/egg depending on the occasion. The top 10 sprites would be placed in a poll which will be located in the News Section. The top 3 sprites from the poll would be used in the Festival of Eggs/Treat or Trick.

Thanks for reading. smile.gif

Any crits on this?

I think the best way to contribute art to site events if you are not in cave yet is talk to artists and see about getting an invite when events roll around. Hanging around doing art in DR and helping out in #arts on the DC IRC is a good way to get yourself known as an artist as well.

For the time it would take to put into this, I just don't think a contest would be worth it when there are some non-in-cave artists who help out already. As well, I think the fun of the events is more that there isn't a concrete art standard like there is for cave. It isn't a contest; it's a contribution. My craptastic pretzel was accepted the one Halloween I pitched in for (Marri shaded it for me but also mentioned she was happy to take it as I submitted it). It's kind of nice that events can be more relaxed (unless that's changed - it has been quite a while since I helped out, lol).

This sounds like a good idea, as right now, I'm not sure how TJ09 picks spriters for the events. This could give a chance to new spriters to get some of their eggs/treats into events.

SockPuppet Strangler ninja.gif'd me.

Edited by gusearth1

Maybe players could just sprite their treat/egg and send it to TJ, in hopes that in will be used for the Festival of Eggs/Trick or Treat.

Maybe players could just sprite their treat/egg and send it to TJ, in hopes that in will be used for the Festival of Eggs/Trick or Treat.

We're too many! D:

I don't think that's such a great idea, tbh.

TJ's inbox will explode or something.............

We're too many! D:

I do agree with this, but I do want to say I am not at all opposed to finding ways to get some more non-in-cave artists involved with events.

We're too many! D:

I just realised that problem. Forget that idea of sending entries to TJ. His computer would explode if that idea was used. O_o