Zeditha

Random ideas

So I had an idea, and I wanted to make a thread for it. However, it seemed a little too small for its own thread, and I wondered if there was a place where tiny little ideas could be posted and viewed by everyone. After a brief check (I might have glossed over one, since my ipad doesn't have a search function) I saw none, and so here is this thread! Tah-dah!

Basically, if you have a tiny little idea and want to see what other people think before you make a thread or anything, then here's the place! As long as the idea is DC-related, obviously. Other ideas or things go in General Discussion.

So, the tiny idea that sparked the thread: who would be interested in a Pygmy Hybrid? I think the Pygmies tend to be rather overlooked (admittedly not as much as the Drakes) with things such as Hybrids, so should I create one for Dragon Requests? (Or maybe a few?)

This thread is for tinier ideas, about anything DC-related. An example is, 'should I make a Pygmy Hybrid request?' xd.png So anything to do with spriting can be asked here.

I know about the Dragon Requests section. I even have a thread in it - the Hook Dragon. Currently on page 2, and in spriting lineart stage.

Another question: if I made a Pygmy hybrid, which Pygmy breeds should be used? I'd like to say 'obviously this one' but then I'd just go 'obviously Regulars, then obviously Mysts, and obviously Flares and Nilias.' and I'd render my question over-obsolete. xd.png

Preferably not the Seawyrm Pygmy, as I already have one watery dragon in mind and don't really want to create another water pygmy.

Ask away with little questions! Multiple questions can be on-the-go at once.

Hm... I was wondering if there was any way of seeing if your abandoned egg had found an owner before it has died or hatched. It's easy if the scroll is not hidden, of course, but I don't see any difference between "hidden scroll" and "currently in limbo somewhere". Is there an option that makes you see that? If not, it would be an idea to have it.

Edited by Fly-by-Night

On the subject of pygmies, I'd be willing for there to be hybrids, but first we need more pygmies! I have a pygmy in the completed section, but who knows when it'll ever make it into the cave. I know some people love it so hopefully it'll make it one day. As of right now, the mysts and the flares would probably look good as a little black pygmy hybrid with red flames haha.

So this is a discussion thread about crazy little ideas? I love it, hope it's not seen as a duplicate to something. Here it gets more attention than in suggestions, hope it can stay here smile.gif

I love the idea of pygmy hybrids, but I'd like to see more pygmies in cave before. Maybe a big pygmie release with some of them being hybrids would be cool.

Hm... I was wondering if there was any way of seeing if your abandoned egg had found an owner before it has died or hatched. It's easy if the scroll is not hidden, of course, but I don't see any difference between "hidden scroll" and "currently in limbo somewhere". Is there an option that makes you see that? If not, it would be an idea to have it.

There's a way to find out - eggs get added a day when they go to the AP, but the extra day isn't displayed on its view page before it gets picked up smile.gif

Say the AP eggs are currently at 5 days, and your egg was bred 3 days ago (because 7days - 3days + 1day = 5 days = AP eggs' time) - if its view page says it has 4 days left, it's still in the AP backlog and didn't get the extra day yet, if it says 5 days, it went through the AP and was picked up.

Edited by Ha-Ki

I agree, more pygmies are a must. Hey TJ, we need a huge Pygmy release! With hybrids! Yay!

I think it would make Pygmy lineages a lot more fun and popular.

Anyway, I'll get to making some Pygmy ideas! *scribbles madly in Notes*