Megaabsol

Sleep talkers unite

I figured this would be a very interesting thread for other people to read and participate with their own experiences, and if there's another place that better suits it, mods feel free to move it.

First thing's first. Sleep talking, what is it? It's the unconscious, asleep mind speaking, sleep talking usually happens during a deep sleep, most times the sleep talker isn't even aware they are speaking unless told the next morning. Sleep talking is generally harmless, and in most cases hilarious, if not accompanied by sleep walking.

I am a sleep talker, typically I don't say many things during my sleep, maybe mumble a thing or two...but sometimes I get quite mean, specially if someone tries to wake me during my sleep, I'll tell them to get the f out, or shout at them no, and have no remembrance of these events when I next wake up, usually I'm only like that if I'm extremely tired before I go to sleep. I can relay one story to you all.

My sister and her girlfriend came into my room one day wanting to know which key was the mail key, I sat up and started talking to them. "It's not one of these" I remarked. "Where is it?" My sister asked. "It's on the blue...the blue...the blue..." "The blue thing?" "Yes...wait, what's a blue thing?" They only became aware I was asleep because of that, I had sat up, opened my eyes and spoke to them like I was wide awake. My brother had never experienced me sleep talking before, until today that is. He came in and told me my mom had made food and I sat up, stared him right in the eyes and told him "Get the f out" and went back to sleep, which prompted much confusion from him later when I told him he never told me the first time.

I often wonder where my sleep talking came from, be it from genetics or just something I developed over time, we'll never know. How about sharing some of your sleep talking adventures?

I'm similar, though I can only count a handful of times when I've actually spoken in my sleep, unless my mother simply doesn't inform me of the events when they happen.

The first time I was a kid and my friend was sleeping over. My mom said she tried talking to me and my eyes were half open, but rolled back, so you could only see the whites. My friend confirmed this as both she and my mother tried to wake me because I had never done that and all I told them was, "Give me the stupid nachos."

It was their laughter that woke me up and once they got it under control they told me what I had just said. firstly, I don't even like nachos and secondly I thought they were crazy. But, it was too weird and out of the blue for it not to be true, so, yeah.

The most recent time it happened that I can remember was the start of last fall. I hadn't been sleeping well and woke up pretty late. (Like 11am=YIKES!) It was Thursday morning. I was suppose to volunteer and had to be there at 10 am. I woke up at 11. I ended up missing it that day and when mom came home I asked why she didn't wake me. She said, "I did. You told me you weren't going and laid back down. So, I left."

I have no memory of telling her that, but I know it was true, because otherwise, she would've kept trying to wake me if I hadn't.

A few times my boyfriend has told me that I mumbled in my sleep the night before.

I've answered the phone and had complete conversations while asleep though. Like 0 memory of it at all once I woke up.

Apparently I just said the same 3 phrases over and over.

Edited by kitsune93

When I was in grade 4, I went on camp and the person that I was sharing a room with said she had a whole conversation with me before she realised I was asleep.

But she's the only person that has ever told me I talk in my sleep so I think it's more likely that I just fell asleep while we were talking.

Sometimes my boyfriend says I was talking about things that I don't remember in the morning but apparently I just get too sleepy to remember.