Gildraug

Demigods and demons

Link to the OOC

Background

What if I told you all the mythologies of this world were true? The Egyptian gods, the Greek gods, the Chinese gods, the Norse gods... all of them, and more, all real and co-existing. Now, these gods sometimes have children with mortals - resulting to demigods, beings of half-human, half-god. They have some powers of their godly parent and are gifted with excellent battle skills. But to battle against what?

Demons.

Now, since all the gods and goddesses are real, so are the darkest creatures that taint the mythologies. They exist outside our world, in the void beyond, trickling through the fabric between them every now and then. Humans cannot comprehend what they see - the gods protect them using a Screen, a magical barrier set between the demons and humans, twisting the images mortals receive. When demons come into our world, the demigods are sent to battle against them using their powers and specialized weapons.

The demigods attract demons with their godly blood. Therefore, all demigods at the age of thirteen are sent to demigod schools, where they will be taught about their parent, their power, hone their battle skill, and overall, become prepared to face the demons and protect humanity.

Demons, on the other hand, may possess a human body and use it as a vessel. The demons have city-like bubbles of reality in the empty void beyond the fabric of our world, where they train to face the demigods.

This is a battle that has raged on ever since mankind became to be.

Which side are you on?

In this RP, your character is either a demon or a demigod.

Plot

You will start as a demon/demigod entering their school. There, the class guardian (RPd by me) will start leading the class and giving advice. You will live in the school in your own room. Studying will be harsh, with some field-work every now and then. Demons will learn how to move between the worlds and demigods will learn how to identify demons and their level of danger. As your skill increases, the encounters between demons and demigods become more likely and more often - field jobs become harder. Every now and then, a demon succeeds in possessing/inflicting a new human, bringing them back to the void. The demigods are always on the defensive; they can never follow the demons into the void.

The demons are stronger than ever and their masses grow. Will the defense of the demigods fail, or will they prevail?

Edited by Gildraug

((Lovely, we shall start the RP now biggrin.gif Feel free to jump in whenever you feel like it!))

Venla stood at the gates that surrounded the church, leaning at the metal fence. Raja was snuggled on her shoulder, its breathing slow and steady. It was a beautiful day, the sun shining brightly and barely any clouds in the sky. Autumn was coming, but on days like these, Venla found it hard to believe it. She could feel how the trees around her had started to prepare for winter, but they enjoyed the sunny day as much as she did. Venla glanced at her feet, where the border between the church and the street was, and she could see the faint outlines of old chalk marks. Inspecting more closely, Venla recognized a protective ward. She made a low chuckle and stood up.

The students were supposed to arrive anytime soon. They had been given specific instructions on how to get to the church, since it was hidden well at the very edge of Oslo. The last time Venla had checked the time, it had been 10:39. Eleven had been the deadline, but always someone managed to come late. She resumed to leaning against the fence and enjoying the sunlight, while it still lasted. This was going to be her second year as a class guardian, so it wasn't a big deal compared to the previous one.

"'Aciel, remember to behave yourself. No burning and no scaring - or we'll report your behavior to Satan!' Hah! As if," Aciel mockingly imitated the voice of one of the teachers and spat over the edge of Abach, watching with mild amusement how the spit spiraled down to the endless abyss before disappearing entirely. What a pain in the butt, to be assigned as the friggin' class guardian! What in the living seven hells was that old demon thinking? Abach was THE last place he wanted to be at. Aciel glanced at the looming school behind him and scoffed. A few hundred years in the void and this was where he was sent once he had possessed a new body? Aciel couldn't care less about the honor of the guardian whatsoever. It was all just a mummers' farce.

He turned his eyes at Yggdrasil, the world tree extending so high up that the sheer size of it made it hard to see the trunk. Huge leaves about the size of a whale circled slowly downwards from the branches so high up he couldn't see them, either. But the roots entwined downwards, all the way to the bottom of the void - if there even was one. Nobody had dared to go too deep down; there was a cold that chilled to the very being.

Hopefully the students wouldn't be late. Aciel checked at the school's tower watch, which was set to follow the time in Midgard - to be specific, to follow Greenwich's time. It was 9:47 ((Oslo is ahead one hour)). Unsheathing his sword a few centimeters and firing up his flames, Aciel thought of what kind of a punishment he could give to the latecomers. With a sigh, he sheathed his sword and his flames disappeared, as remembered that Satan had specifically ordered him to behave. Well, maybe he could behave for a year... or even two. It was only a blink of an eye to him. But still a pain in the butt.

((SO I forgot to ask what the sky looked like....I am going to build one. If it is a problem I will change it.))

Gently hefting the single strap of his messenger bag Vanil apprehensively approaches the school. His dark eyes rove the school with interest and observation. I wonder where the guardian is? Checking his watch the adolescence notes that it is 9:55am. Not late yet. "Yaahhhnah" Massive yawn over takes him and water twinkles in the corners of his eyes only to be rubbed away with the the sleepy sand there. Serenely he regards Yggdrasil and the strange red and purple atmosphere of the space around them. As his face turns to the school a sleepy smile crosses his lips. What nice windows. And then he notices a figure standing at the very top. He waves to hopefully his new guardian. I wonder why father sent me here. He keeps waving until the other takes note.Man this arm waving is such and effort.

((No worries, your description is on point ;D))

Aciel lifted his eyes as he noticed something moving at the edge of his eyesight. A young man was waving at him, seemingly eager to be noticed. There was something queer about his eyes and Aciel immediately knew he was one of the students coming to the school. He hopped down and landed in front of the newcomer and inspected him.

"Hm, welcome to Abach, the school where you will learn to kill those pesky demigods and infect humans in Midgard... but I guess you already knew that," Aciel shrugged and lifted his sheathed sword on his shoulders.

"I'm Aciel, the demon of Burning. You can introduce yourself when the others come, I really don't care about hearing everyone's names too many times," he continued and glanced past the newcomer, trying to see if anyone else was arriving yet.

"Tsk. I really hate latecomers," the flame demon sighed, irritated.

Edited by Gildraug

It was 10:56 Crap! I'm going to be late! Toraz bolted down the street towards the church. She held her carry bag as she ran. On her way, Toraz almost tripped over a large stone. She cursed silently and continued her way to the church.

She made it. The church was big and intimidating. She took a deep breath, she fiddled with her dice that was left to her by Athena, and walked up to the figure that stood at the gates. Toraz put the dice away in her pocket.

Toraz looked up at the sky. It was a great day. As she reached the woman, Toraz realised how neevous she was. Butterflies swarmed in her stomach. She fiddled woth her carry bag and spoke. "Hello" she greeted the woman. "I'm Toraz" she said with a smile.

Viverra hummed quietly to herself walking slowly towards the school. It's only nine fifty six. I have four minutes to spare. She ignored the two standing outside for now, and looked around taking in the school. oooh thats a nice shade of purple there. She then turned her attention to the other two. "Uh...." Which one is the class guardian? She shrugged and started rummaging through her pale pink bag, figuring this is where they had to wait.

Venla blinked a few times as she heard some running and turned just to see as a girl introduced herself to be Toraz. Venla gave a flashing smile and gave a nod as a greeting.

"I'm Venla, I shall be your class guardian. What that is, you shall find out a bit later. All the students should come soon, no worries. I guess Monday mornings aren't for everyone," she shrugged and that woke up Raja, who yelped in protest.

"Sorry, Raja." The squirrel-fox yawned and curled back on her shoulder. Venla smiled again; it was just such a good day.

Aciel watched with narrowed eyes as another student appeared. However, this one seemed to be more confident of her surroundings, since she didn't even come and ask him anything. Wait, this kid was probably the one who had a teacher as their parent... Lahad, was it? He'd do well to remember that. Not because of connections, but because the Demon Voice is quite a horrible thing if used wrong. Aciel sighed and rubbed his eyes. This was going to be sooo fun.

Toraz shuffled her feet. "Do you know how many students are expected to join?" She asked politely. Toraz kept looking at the squirrel-fox thing. It was rather bizarre to her.

Toraz looked around. Toraz did not know this area very well. She was rather excited to the sudden change of scenery. The country was a beautiful change.

Thadielle watched as the two students exchanged greetings, quietly observing from the shadows. He was still hesitant about joining this school and had decided that he would wait for someone else to arrive before making himself known.

He frowned and scratched lightly at his beard, not making a sound, and took a step forward.

"You may add another to the list... I'll join..." He said in a quiet voice, his eyes flashing from the Guardian to the new student.

At the sound of the quiet voice, Venla turned her eyes to the shadows, where the... man? boy? stood before them, where he hadn't been a few moments before.

"That's lovely to hear! Nice to meet you," Venla smiled encouragingly to the newcomer before turning back to Toraz to address the question.

"Well, it is not exactly sure how many are coming - since some will cancel their application and some do not come at all; and then some just appear, without a good reason. It happens," Venla said cheerfully and scratched Raja - he gave a soft yowl and stretched, now seemingly awake, its leaf-green eyes observing the newcomers before scuttling up and down Venla's arms.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce him - Raja, a gift from my godly father," she remembered to say.

Edited by Gildraug

Leo grumbled as he made his way down the sidewalk. It wasn't that Leo was necessarily in a bad mood, but more or less the random feelings radiating off the animals. That was honestly his only reason being on the street heading to the school. He was told that if he enrolled, he could figure out how to lessen the pain from the emotions. Or so that is what HE says. Leo stuck his hand in his pocket and began to spin the coin between his fingers. Leo couldn't help but wonder if he was tricked, after all all Leo was seeing was an old abandon looking church. It wasn't long after spotting the church that Leo spotted the group of three. He never looked at his watch or phone, not caring enough. When he got within hearing distances, Leo calmly began to wave and called out to the group. in the next moment, Leo was standing next to the group, and outstretched his hand. "My name is Leo. How is everyone?"

((Bad post be bad))

A deep toll begins to to ring from the school bell. Unlike the hyper ringing from a normal is school bell this might aswell be a call to a funeral. Vanil looks onward mildly waiting for instruction, classes or something other than standing. He takes note of the confident young woman coming into the space next him and nods to her with the shadow of a sleepy smile. "I believe introductions are in order?"Then maybe the dorms or the library for a nap.

Aciel checked the time - it was, indeed, 10 o'clock. He groaned internally and coughed to get the attention of the demons present.

"So yeah. I'm Aciel, the Demon of Burning and I'll be your class guardian; which means I shall protect you all and give advice and blah blah. I have been gifted by the blue flames of Satan and stuff. I've just spent a few hundred years in the void after being exorcized in Paris, so I'm still getting used to my body," he yawned and then motioned with his sword for the others to continue. The sky around them was turning more to the shade of purple than black, as if the day was dawning. Here in the void beyond the World Tree? Some sort of a mind trick, which it probably was.

~~~

A small chime rang from the wooden church, ringing eleven times. Venla straightened herself up and took a confident posture, her hands on her hips and Raja on top of her head.

"So, without further due, I shall introduce myself. I am Venla Saarisjoki, a daughter of Tapio, the major Finnish god of forests and hunting. I have the blessing of nature - and Raja. I shall be your class guardian, which basically means I will be the elder student in class. I will be participating in your classes, although I won't interfere, and you may ask for my guidance at any time. Kinda like a homeroom teacher, who's sticking around all the time," Venla gave a quick laugh and then looked at each demigod in turn.

"Now, do tell us about yourself briefly, we shall enter the school after that."

"Vanil Pheles, I like art and sleep." Already tired duel colored eyes close brieftly as pesdo light filters down from the heavens. Here at the bottom of the world there simply is no moon, no sun a tad morbid but then again we are demons.

(Sorry my responses are so puny we aren't really doing anything so I don't have much to reply too.)

Leo looked around the group and frowned. He had attempted to be polite, and was ignored. So be it, Leo wasn't going to let this fact dampen the results of this school. Leo reached his hand back into his pocket and pulled out the charm. The charm was basically a good luck charm or, he sometimes told himself, a protection charm. Leo fiddled with the charm as the class guardian, whom he originally thought was a student, introduced herself. Leo had made his way to the church fence line, and crouched up against it. From his new position, Leo could see the face, and body response of the two students, not that that means anything. "My name is Leonard von Wolfstein. You can call me Leo for short, I am the son of Mars. Major Roman god of war, as well as being the Roman god of agriculture. Though in reality, humans have that wrong, my dad is Mars, Roman god of the wild. He is part of the Archaic Triad, and only second to Jupiter. I haven't quite figured out what powers I have received from him, though I know that I can randomly sense the emotions of animals. He did give me this charm however, which it isn't very useful in a fight, so I guess I am learning from scrap." Leo flicked the charm in the air and when he caught it, he began to spin it in his fingers again. He looked up at the group, silently waiting for the next one.

"My name is Viverra...Though you should call me Olivia in Midgard." Viverra looked at Vanil blinking slowly. "You look like your about to fall asleep." Strange but Pretty eyes She shook her head and shut her bag she must have left whatever she had been looking for somewhere.

((Ah, sorry Forsaken! Never write a reply while studying Swedish, Finnish, Maths, and Economy simultaneously.

I'll move the plot on now, though.))

Venla gave a nod to each other as they introduced themselves and then clapped her hands eagerly.

"Lovely, I'm sure we shall get more closely accustomed as time goes by! Since today is just a 'getting-to-know-this-place', we won't have any classes before Tuesday. Anyways, follow me and ask any questions you have!" With that, she started walking towards the church and opened the door. It looked normal inside, but the priest and his three assistants were all wearing the same exorcists' cape as Venla was. They gave good-humored greetings as the group walked to the altar.

"They are our first line of defense, should it come to battle," Venla informed the group as she pressed a button at the altar. A key hole appeared and she pulled the matching key. With a click, the altar pulled backwards and presented a stairway that went down.

After a few moments of descending, they arrived to a wooden door with colorful glass paintings. There were carvings in the wood, with Latin all over. Old chalk marks were also visible, and this door needed yet another key.

"Precautions," Venla said simply as they entered a high hallway with colorful crystal chandeliers and smooth, white stone walls. The floor was made of birch wood and seemed to have been polished under many feet. Venla led them deeper, and pointed at her right and left where the hallway spread out.

"Boys' barracks are on the left and girls' on the right. Don't even think about sneaking on the wrong side," she warned with a wink. A few more steps forwards and they came to the living room, where five people were present, all wearing exorcist capes, too.

"Ah! Everyone, I'd like to present your teachers!" Venla said, turning to face the students.

"I am quite positive we can do that by ourselves, thank you ever so much, young lady. I am Isabella Leifsson. I will be teaching you pricks how to shoot those thrice-damned demons," a greying woman said sternly, her whole appearance hinting of authority. As a response to Isabella's introduction, a grisly old man started laughing so hard his voice seemed to echo in the comfy living room.

"As dry as a bone, like always! Wuahahaha! Don't worry, kids, as long as you're not the one facing her guns, y'all be fine! I'm Lukas Hjersted. It's been a long summer vacation and I can't wait to see some good sword fighting," Lukas laughed again. Venla gave an embarrassed chuckle and looked at the students with an apologetic smile. Before she had the chance to say anything, the rest of the teachers introduced themselves.

"Greetings. I am Elva Newell and with me you will be graced the powers of words, the sharpest weapons in this world. Guns may fail and swords break, bottles shatter and monsters die, but your words never escape, and never fail you," Elva said with a steady, slightly poetic voice.

"Yo." The youngest teacher lifted his hand. "Jonathan Bager, the doc 'round here. If you need anything, just come and tell me."

"Sakke Årud, pleased to meet you all! I'm sure my monsters are even more eager to meet you than I am, haha! Hopefully this hasn't been too much to take in?"

Venla sighed and pressed her temples.

"If they weren't confused yet, now they are," she sighed. "And I had hoped that this could go nice and easy."

~~~

Aciel glanced at Viverra - few remembered their host's name.

"Hmph, I guess you've possessed that body recently? Not that it matters," he sighed and gave a bored yawn.

"Oh well, lets get this show on the road. Latecomers will come if they will." His sword on his shoulders, Aciel walked towards the church and kicked the door in, since it wasn't locked. The flickering, yet not entirely unpleasant light of candles illuminated the stony walls and floors. Large, glass-painted windows were on both sides of the hallway, tainting the surfaces into curious colors. Yggdrasil loomed on their right. Suddenly, in front of them five demons appeared as if they had materialized from the shadows - which wouldn't surprise Aciel.

"Tsihihi, Aciel, have you been scaring the kids? Ohoho, no worries, little ones, tiny ones, Sabnac can poison even blue flames, yes!" Sabnac croaked. Aciel sighed deeply and rolled his eyes to the student.

"Oh yeah, I probably should introduce you all to the teachers? That crone is Sabnac, the Demon of Poisons. You can probably guess what that witch teaches," Sabnac gave a shrill laugh at that and Aciel winced.

"Have some respect to her," a teenaged girl growled, her voice too low to belong to a girl. A large sword almost as tall as the girl was strapped on her back.

"Befafes, the First Demon of War. She'll teach everything about fighting," Aciel told the students, obviously ignoring the War Demon's comment.

"She won't be the only one to teach about fighting," a cold voice announced from the shadows.

"Of course not, Stygal, the Bringer of Death," Aciel sighed and gave a mocking bow.

"Welcome, welcome! What a lovely time shall we spend! Oh, no need to introduce me, dearest Aciel. I am Meeod, the Life Restorer. I shall teach the art of summoning monsters," a fair lady told them. The last teacher was quiet for a moment as he inspected the student.

"I am Lahad, the Devil's Voice," his words drilling into their minds and staying there. "I shall teach you words that Satan himself has used against demigods and angels."

"Ohoho, finally we are done, yes, good! Flame boy, show these little darlings around, or I shall make sure your food will have some extra spice in it, hmm? Sounds good, right? Hoohohoo!" Sabnac cackled and vanished, alongside the other teachers. Aciel growled something in a language long forgotten.

"Gods curse them," he muttered and then turned to the students. "I guess I'll show you around, then."

After showing the students the barracks, the yard and kitchen, they made it back to the living room. The interior of the whole church was surprisingly... normal. Aciel himself hadn't been there but twice before, and still it amazed him. Maybe an after-effect of their possessed bodies; not a conscious act, but they still felt more comfortable when it was very human-like.

Aciel slumped on one of the couches and lifted his boots on the table before staring at the student.

"Oh yeah, you won't have any lessons today, so we'll just chill around and stuff. Any questions?"

Edited by Gildraug

((Hey Gil you haven't put my form up on the OOC yet, I know Thadielles meant to be hard to notice and good at stealth but thats a bit too much biggrin.gif ))

Thadielle glanced at them as the two new people introduced themselves. He raised his hand slightly to introduce himself when the class guardian started walking off into the school. The others followed and Thadielle glanced either side then quickly followed after them.

He watched in dull surprise as the teachers all introduced themselves, they seemed very... out there... the gun teacher scared him a little. Thadielle frowned and raised his hand again.

"Uhh I'm Thadielle... son of Thanatos... you never let me introduce myself..." He said quietly. He lowered his arm realising that it was probably an inappropriate gesture and looked over the teachers once more.

He then continued in an equally quiet voice, "Do we have to attend all the classes? I've never really been a good speaker..."

((I apologise for lateness as internet was screwing up))

They completed ignored my introduction? Toraz was confused. She shook her head and pushed away all negative thoughts. Toraz did not know these people and she was determined to make a good impression. She bounded off after the group.

Toraz loved the church design. She fancied old buildings. Toraz rather liked Lukas. His introduction took the edge off her unease. Or maybe it was because he was a swordsmith, and Toraz loved blades. She smiled politely at the other teachers and awaited further instructions.

((Sorry that I am not super fast on the uptake to this. I unfortunately have just been really unenthused. We are sort of dragging through and nothing is really happening and our guardian obviously isn't going to make an attempt at it so we are all just sorta sitting and not doing anything worth posting)

Vanil nods and greets each of his teachers in turn glad once the main group moves to the living room. He likeswise greets the wraith of a student who appears from the shadows(that would be Thad). I have questions, lots really....but it appears our instructor is would rather we not...so I won't. Why cause a conflict. Seeming at peace with this Vanil curls up on the couch, body flopping against one of the armrest. Hair like plush falling in disarray over his face. His eyes flutter briefly before nodding off. His hearing hasn't though and faintly he can still here the motions around him. Staying awake is really too much work. Asking questions is too much work. Talking to people right now is too much work. That can all be done later.

((Guys, Venla wasn't ignoring their introductions; I simply couldn't wait for everyone to post singular introductions, but you could've included the intro in your post, as if Venla had been listening everyone's intros individually.))

Venla turned to the students and lifted a finger.

"Today we won't have any lessons, but tomorrow they will start. And yes, you shall attend all classes," she informed even as Lukas brought a few printed papers. The other teachers, after saying good-byes, left to their own duties. A few other exorcists were around, but they didn't seem like teachers nor students.

"Here, your schedule," Venla said as she gave out the printed papers. She then noted how some of the students were eying the other exorcists, obviously questions bubbling in their mind.

"This school is also linked to Norway's Demigod Headquarters, so don't be alarmed if you see some strange people wandering about," she joked.

~~~

One of the students, Vanil was it?, stretched down on one of the couches and closed his eyes. Aciel sighed. This was going to be... exhausting. He looked at the other demons, his eyebrow up. There sure was a lot of demonic energy in each of them.

"Just curious, why did you all come here? I mean, there's no great loss in our manpower - demonpower, whatever - so none of you guys were obliged to come here. So why did you? Me, I didn't really have a choice," Aciel said glumly and started playing with his sword, unsheathing and sheathing it, his flames dancing wildly.

Edited by Gildraug

Toraz studied her timeable. Her eyes glinted with excitement as she saw Sword Art, Potions and Monster/Mythology. Toraz loved potions, swords and history with a passion.

It hasn't even been an hour and I'm already looking forward to classes! Toraz grinned and looked at the other future students reactions towards their classes.

"To put it simply I just wanted to." Viverra shrugged and went to sit down. 'easier to say that then explain.' She started looking through her bag once more ignoring the others. 'am I gonna be the only female student or something? it sure looks that way. Looking forward to Meeod's classes.'

Leo followed nonchalantly after the class guardian. He wasn't sure what he thought about the church, having never really been a religious person, though from an architect stand point, he could tell that it was a very nice building. Leo watched the way the doors were opened closely, hoping to maybe find some unknown secret, but it was pointless. As the group headed down the steps, Leo couldn't help but moan. As the son of the wild, Leo despised being underground. His favorite way of describing the feeling is 'I feel like a bird whom's wings were clipped prior to being put into a cage for my own so called protection.' Though Leo had nothing but complaints, he decided not to voice them, except for that one moan. As they proceeded through the underground base, he couldn't help but wonder how long and what kind of man power went into building it. It didn't seem like long to him before they came to the door which led to the teacher. Lukas, the instructor in the art of the sword, reminded Leo of a battle hardened veteran. Isabella however, simply reminded Leo of a cranky old grandma who still wants attention. The other two teachers seemed to be fairly plain. But the last teacher, who was probably also his favorite, was the doctor. And though Leo cared not for that art of battle, he felt that the teacher seemed lazy, which would make the class easy.

Leo turned to the boy who had asked a question. Leo was a bit off put by the dress code of the boy. Actually Leo wasn't sure if it was even a boy. The mane had a shaved head and green hospital pants on with a full beard. Leo knows that one shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but this man made it hard not too. Leo looked at the man with confused eyes as he introduced himself. Had they missed him earlier, which wouldn't be unsurprising considering Leo never knew he was there, they hadn't missed him now. Leo was even more surprised at whom exactly the man was the son of. Thanatos, the keeper of the dead if Leo remembered correctly. The man then asked the question that Leo was wondering before getting distracted. 'Do we have to attend all the classes?' Of course, against Leo's preferences, the answer was a yes. Leo was handed his schedule from a stack of papers that Lukas had brought out. He did a quick glance, yet the ovly interesting thing he saw was sword play. It was at that point that the class guardian, Venla, said something that worried him. "This school is also linked to Norway's Demigod Headquarters, so don't be alarmed if you see some strange people wandering about." Leo immediately frowned. "But, if this school is connected to the main Head Quarters, aren't we students at risk of an attack and pre-matured death during the attack?"

Edited by Forsaken Rider of Dreams

"But, if this school is connected to the main Head Quarters, aren't we students at risk of an attack and pre-matured death during the attack?"

Venla seemed to ponder Leo's question for a moment, as if judging whether or not was it wise to answer such question. She finally sighed a little and twisted unconsciously her fingers as she started to speak.

"Aye, there's a risk. But consider this: are we, the students and the teachers, strong enough to protect this school from an entire army of demons?" She let the question sink in for a moment. "You see, there's a reason why all of the demigod schools are linked to the closest HQ. Should an attack be launched against either the school or HQ, we demigods can fall back and regroup. Years and years ago, schools were sprinkled across the world, like separate islands. Then the demons came and destroyed those isolated places, killing and devouring all those inside. But would they attack a building full of the best demigods in the world? They usually think twice," Venla said darkly. "But not always."

Not always. Venla remembered some of the horror stories she had heard ages ago while visiting the HQ to acquire a new mission. The thing was, every now and then, the demons would mass up into enormous armies and simply storm down the demigod fortresses, overpowering with their masses if not power. She was thankful that Norway had extremely powerful contacts to Asgard in the very earth itself - the Norse gods were strongest on their own land, and thus, the demigods were on higher ground here. This was the last place the demons would attack.

Venla's thoughts were interrupted as a dull bell chimed once from high above them, from the church itself.

"Oh my, time has certainly flown fast! Well, it always does on the first day, when there's so much to show. Anyways, you guys should probably go and throw your stuffs into your rooms. On the boys' side there are two rooms free, one with four beds and another with two. Divide yourselves how you see fit. And on the girls' side, there are three rooms and in each three beds," Venla gave instructions as she led them back to the barracks.

She was just about to leave them, when she remembered something.

"If you need me, in any situation, throw this acorn into the air and call for me," Venla said, giving each of the students a shiny acorn - which seemed to appear from nowhere. However, a faint green glow in Venla's eyes betrayed that she was using her powers. "And I will come as quickly as I can. These should work always, no matter the distance."

"I shall go ask Ukobach if he has food for you guys," Venla said with a bright smile. "Be right back - try not to blast the school into the air, okay?" With a little laugh at her own lame, lame joke, she started walking briskly towards the kitchens, her coat flapping wildly behind her.

~~~

"To put it simply, I just wanted to." Aciel lifted an eyebrow at that and shrugged. It sometimes felt to him that demons were harder to understand than humans - although, humans were stupider, so that made it pretty even.

"Whatever you say, then," he said and seemed to be ready to fall asleep, but then his pointed ears shifted a little. Aciel snapped his eyes open and started to turn his head around and side-to-side, obviously trying to listen. A students had opened their mouth and was about to say something, but Aciel lifted a clawed finger.

"Shh." Without any explanation, he continued to listen, now walking softly around in the room, as if he was hunting. Then, as suddenly as it had started, he returned normal, blinking his eyes a little. He stood in the middle of the room, facing towards the windows which showed Yggdrasil, his face hidden from them. This was a sound he had heard constantly while reforming himself in the void, while the purple matter swirled around him and shades flew past him and towards Yggdrasil. The sound was something quite particular - it was nothing. It was the steady thrum of nothingness, a sound which didn't exist, the sound that had existed before time and space, demons and gods alike; before anything. With an excited twirl, Aciel turned around, his whole being radiating excitement. This sound could only mean something...

"Listen up, whelps. Since this is a day-off, we can particularly do anything we want. Exiting the school area is not forbidden, as long as you don't go into Yggdrasil - or something like that. As if I cared where you go, as long as you won't die, Satan said he'd make my guardian duty last ten years longer for every dead demon kid, please keep that in mind. Now," Aciel lifted his hand and smirked. "What I am trying to say is, we could go out. You see..." he grinned widely, showing his fangs. "The void dragons are on the flight. What would you guys say if you dumped your stuffs into your rooms, and then we go for some void dragon riding?"

Void dragons were quite interesting creatures. They were made of the void itself, their colors matching to the hues of the void, their eyes obsidian black with blue fractures - and they looked after the souls damned into the endless abyss. Although not friends of either demons nor gods, they seemed to care a lot about the souls, comforting the demigods' souls and helping the demons to gather themselves back. If not for the void dragons, Aciel would still be gathering himself, maybe even for another hundred years. Thus, the demons had a certain place in their hearts for the void dragons, and had created a quite interesting hobby - void dragon riding. Basically, the demons had to catch a void dragon and try to hold on to it as long as they could. The trick was, the dragons could become immaterial and fade away; they enjoyed this game, and would often tease demons to chase them.

It was Aciel's favorite hobby - after killing demigods, of course.

((Halleluja, exam week is over - my writing skills were falling down faster than my grades. Just kidding... I hope. Especially with the grades one.))