Gildraug

Demigods and demons

(Saya and all the teachers have introduced themselves. Vanil did but very very early so if Az was late he probably missed it.

I'll give you Vanil's explanation via Pm because it is kind of long

Someone tell me they knwo OSR)

Saya slowly drifts down from her dragon with an invisible but felt pout. Her eyes lid in distaste. "Awww c'mon guys~ I was hopping for a race! Why did you-" She looks at Azazel who seems to be drifting away from himself only to reform. "Yo Kid you okay?" He looks confused. Unlike Azazel Saya has an excellent comprehension of shade travel and this form is as familiar as her skin.

Already bored she turns her face around and blows a ring into the air. It catches fire as it crosses the void and hovers there. Turning back she grins, a sharp contrast of white against black. "So when I was smoozing on earth I watched this hella cool anime called Oban Star Racer this is my version." She continues to grin. "Let's GOOOOOO!"

Edited by Traveler

Leo stared at the acorn quietly. He wasn't exactly sure what he should do. On one hand he could learn how to use his abilities to save the world, though he risks a premature death. Though, if he didn't do it, he could still die. He knew that was a selfish and well unbelievably cowardly and ignorant idea, though it was the one thing that got him to stay. He was snapped back to reality when Thadielle spoke to him. Leo only caught the last bit of the question, something about sharing a dorm. Leo actually didn't mind this, considering in his mind, distancing oneself from his or her teammates, only creates gap in the team work. Leo through the acorn up in the air and caught it before heading after Thadielle. "So, what do you think of the school, and well the teachers?" He asked Thadielle while putting his stuff away in him room. Leo ended up just sharing the two bed dorm room rather than going for the four. It wasn't long after that Leo heard what was probably some of the most heavenly words in the land. The food will be ready soon. Leo turned to Thadielle with a grin that spoke of nothing but trouble. "Well you heard her, lets go fill our stomachs, we can ponder over this school while full!" Leo burst through the door and towards the cafeteria. Though Leo was skinny, he eats a massive amount of food.

"I...I-I thought they didn't bother as much with non-demigods! And our families will be fine, right? They won't get eaten by demons...?" Solagne suddenly said, startling Venla. She realized that the girl was referring to her comment on the mysterious murders.

I am an idiot. First day here and I'm already telling about how most murders and mysterious disappearances are by demons. Still internally cursing at herself, she debated quickly what to say. The truth. Lies only hurt, Venla sighed internally.

"They rarely do. However, the reason why demons infiltrate into Midgard is to acquire a solid body, which allows them to channel their powers more efficiently. The percentage that a family member of yours becomes infected is around 0.08% due to the sheer numbers of humans. And what to my missing little sister..." Venla trailed off. "I-I'm sure she's fine. They'll find her." She twisted her fingers a couple of times. "What is taking so long with the guys? Our food will cool down soon!"

Right then, the guys appeared from the dorms, chatting. That was good - if the demigods were going to survive the future missions, they'd have to work well in a team.

"Now then, lets go and eat!"

They sat down around the same table as Ukobach carried home-made hamburgers and piles of french fries. Instead of soda, the friendly monster had made them some fresh juice.

"Thank you so much, Ukobach!" Venla said to the kitchen master, who nodded happily and scurried back to the kitchen.

"Enjoy your meal," Venla said before she started wolfing down her own meal - she was famished, to be honest. She had eaten breakfast almost eight hours ago! Not to even mention the four acorns she had created out of thin air. It had taken a lot of energy.

~~~

"Do you think the others will be coming?" Azazel asked. Aciel gave another look towards the school and shook his head after a moment.

"I doubt so," he said and looked back at Azazel. The kid looked quite uncomfortable, and Aciel was surprised he actually felt a little bad for him. "Look, I'll give you a briefing on your shade form, okay? Since you're a wendigo, you guys are very, very rarely in your shade form - thus the queer appearance of it to mine. This form is what we demons truly are, should our decaying body be taken away. In this form we have very little physical power, but have an easier access to our demonic powers. Or in other words, more brain than brawl. Switching between the shade and mortal form strains the body and causes it to decay more rapidly - that's why we have to find a new host after a certain period of time. Also-" Aciel was about to go full-on lecture, but right then a void dragon appeared behind him and yanked at him.

"Oh, you wanna play, huh?"

Yeeees! Play, play, catch and flee, hide and seek! Blue-flame-old-old-demon, long time no see! Eaten a new body, not a shadow-shade-no-form anymore, lots of blue-burning! a hollow voice echoed in his head as the dragon... un-spoke. It took enormous amounts of focusing so that Aciel could even translate the words into some 3-year-old's gibberish. What a pain.

"Uuuh... okay, sure. Ready or not, here I come!" Aciel challenged and with a roaring flame to give him speed he started chasing the void dragon, who squealed in delight and disappeared.

It soon appeared a few meters away and so the chase continued, until Aciel grabbed its horns and laughed at his success.

"Come on, Azazel. There seems to be a more older dragon around here, whose movements are a lot slower than this hatchling's."

Me older than mortal-shiny-metal-world! Even if you old-old-demon, no call me hatchling!

"Shuddup, you can't even speak properly!"

As a protest, the void dragon started flying incredibly fast in loops, trying to shake Aciel off. If it thought it would've worked, it was wrong. The laughing flame demon was clinging on, enjoying every moment.

"Let's GOOOOOO!" Saya cheered as she sped past. Aciel gave an encouraging grin to Azazel and then sped after the student, determined that from now on, he'd do his best to not get annoyed by any of the students.

Edited by Gildraug

"They are. Then again I'm probably not the best one to ask since I think the same of almost all creatures. There are exceptions...and exceptions to the exceptions of course." Viverra crossed her arms. Don't want this body decaying any faster then it is. They seem to be having fun. Might just go back inside."

(Can't post Saya till I know what people want from her)

Vanil nods taking in his companions words and observing her body language as she closes herself off from him. Pity I would have liked to talk more. He yawns showing a full array of wickedly sharp teeth. But I guess it can't be helped. "If you need anything you may wake me." His voice is pleasant and soft as always like his face. "Do it gently and take a step back after you are sure I am roused." With this he leans over on his side and using his hand as a pillow curls up, falling asleep rapidly.

Aciel's explanation made Azazel feel much better. If Aciel was prepared to say such a thing, it was likely because he was aware that not all demons knew the full extent of their power. Aciel also seemed to know that he was a wendigo, which did not surprise him in the slightest. Aciel's reaction to Saya's earlier comments suggested that he was once high in the ranks of Hell, so he would have to know about all the different sorts of demons.

After Aciel and Saya's encouragement, he glanced around for a dragon to ride. They all looked the same, except for the different age groups. Most were adult size, and a few were scarcely bigger than he was. Most of them either ignored him or did not notice his presence.

His sights settled on an adult void dragon that was lying down, almost napping. Moving quickly before it could react, Azazel ran at it and made a grab at the horns. The entire dragon disappeared before him and reappeared a few meters away. It indignantly roared at him and then stared. Azazel simply glared at it.

"Okay, so that's how it is."

Azazel started running towards the dragon, expecting it to disappear again. Instead, it just avoided him. Giving chase, he tried to keep up with it. It constantly disappeared and reappeared just as he was about to catch it for several minutes until he finally grabbed one of the spines on its neck.

The dragon didn't move, and Azazel was worried it was going to fling him off or otherwise harm him. But instead, it gently wrested itself out of his grip and lowered its head for him to grab its horns.

Feeling accomplished, he climbed on the dragon and spurred it into flight. The void dragon took to the air, and soon the other dragons were tiny from his viewpoint (except those of Aciel and Saya, which were nearby).

"Glad we could make an agreement." Azazel said to the dragon, grinning.

The dragon roared at him, sending a clear message not to push his luck. Azazel's smile melted away as he focused on the view beneath him.

((Omg sorry I'm back after tedious school exams))

Toraz sat up and smiled at Venla. "Yes I am the daughter of Athena, and I guess you could say that." Toraz said with a laugh. Venla's phone rang and she apologized. Toraz shook her head as to say don't worry about it. Toraz jumped a little when Raja ran up her arm. She smiled and pet the creature. Venla's phone call ended and Raja licked Toraz and ran back to Venla.

The demon murder comment unsettled Toraz a bit, but she shook off the feeling. She didn't know what to say so Toraz just looked down at her hands. Toraz said hello to Solange as she sat beside her.

Venla announced food was ready, with that, Toraz got up and walked into the dining room. She sat at the table and looked at her food. Hamburger and chips? Ah I'll just eat some chips.. Toraz wasn't that hungry, so she just fixated her eyes on the chips and ate one.

((Not really sure where Saya is right now though Corney I appreciate you giving me some idea. This is still going to be hella short because of the reasons above and in unanswered previously asked questions.)

Saya cruses a long on her dragon and produces three more rings of fire. She wobbles between her two boys, her dragon disappearing and reappearing, ahead behind or under her. She seems to have made a friend. "WELL boys~" She says to each of them. "Last one through the third ring, makes us supper!" And with this she motors off towards the first ring.

((I really want Gildraug to post before I do, so I've been waiting. Gildrag should be back tomorrow though, so hooray for that.))

((Well... Here goes my first post.))

Mark quickened his pace towards the church. Dammit! I'm late! He thought to himself. The sun was still out, the blue sky only covered with the occasional white cloud. But Mark was in no mood to enjoy the weather. He got to the church, and asked as politely as he could where the students where meant to go. He was showed down a stairway leading underground, and told to dump his stuff in a four-bed bedroom then go to the cafeteria to eat. As he arrived at the bottom of the stairs he looked around. He didn't expect it to be so-clean. He went and walked to the left side, and entered the room. He saw that it was completely empty. Well, more space for me, as he propped his bag at the corner and walked out. Thinking again, he got out his laptop. He clicked onto his League of Legends launcher, and was suprised to find that the update would only take 2 minutes. The wifi here must be pretty fast, as he set the laptop on the bed. It takes about 15 times as much time at home. He then walked out, leaving the laptop half-closed behind him.

As he walked down the corridor he wondered who his classmates where. Then, snapping back to reality, he found himself lost. He turned around and found that the cafeteria door was right in front of him. He opened it, and went inside.

He had expected the buzz of 60 students running round eating food, but found that there were only 5. Seeing that the food was only on one table, he sat down on the very edge. He opened his mouth to speak, but thought better of it and decided not to. He looked at the food- some kind of hamburger and some chips. He was pretty hungry, but he didn't want to be seen gobbling down all the food, so he took one of the chips and nibbled on it.

Edited by SULDhasno

Approaching the school's main gates, the demoness paused, glancing up. Though, none would tell from her eyes, as they were hidden by her usual sunglasses. The slight tilt of her head gave that away, and she watched the demons on dragons. She almost scoffed, but decided instead to sigh. No point in ruining their fun. Instead, she continued the trek to the school gates, croasing arms over her chest as she arrived. It was strange to be among so many of her own kind, especially the younger ones. Well, young enough. She ran a hand through her hair as she watched, deep in thought. She twisted the wedding band around her finger, feeling anxious. She had a feeling she'd be unsettled until atleast a day later. 'At least I'm only slightly late.' She thought.

Esko sighed. Wowzers. Usually there were more people eating here. And look. There was a new kid today. Esko got his food. A burger and chips. Wow. He sat down and started to eat. Not too good, not too bad. He didn't realize into juuust now that he sat in front of the new kid. Should he try? Would this be the year people finally made friends with him? Esko looked up from his food. H-hello there. I see you're new here. Might I ask your name? Esko asked, holding out his hand to shake.

((Sorry for the crappy intro post, had no idea what to write besides that.

Also, Remeber SULD, the aura))

((Ok.))

Mark paused for a second, staring at the guy who was opposite him. There was something weird about him. Like some deadly kind of aura coming from him. He glanced back at the food.

"H-hello there. I see you're new here. Might I ask your name?" His voice made Mark jump a little. He looked back up and saw him, hand outstretched.

"Uh... Yeah, sure. Name's Mark... What about yours?" He said, as politely as he could. He looked at the guy again and shook his hand. He was really creeped out.

((Yeah, can't think of much else))

Edited by SULDhasno

((Creeped out?))

Esko shifted. My name is Esko. Man, usually people rush away if I came close. Esko looked down at his food. Was the guy uncomfortable? That doesn't make it better. He shifted again. Yeah, um... He continued to eat. Another person kept back by the vibe. That didn't bring a nice thought to his mind.

((LAZYNESS))

"My name is Esko." as he paused. "Yeah, um..." Mark looked at him. He looked kind of- sad maybe? He wasn't exactly sure. His seeming deadliness still creeped Mark out, but he could still try conversing with him- he was going to have to be roommates with him anyway, so might as well get a bit more comfortable with him.

"So... who's your godly parent?" Mark asked him.

Esko stopped mid-bite when he asked that. Even other demigods never asked that! Well, they never bothered to converse, anyway. The only true friends he had were, well, none. Esko looked up. My god parent is...

...is Hades."

Okay, it was told. He heard rumors that his dad was actually a nice guy. But his job wasn't so. He shifted again. Who is yours?

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

"... is Hades." Well, that would explain the aura... Despite being god of the underworld, Hades was supposedly a nice guy. That calmed Mark a little; perhaps he wasn't so bad... He seemed kind of friendly-despite the fact that the aura made him as if he was going to kill someone.

"Who's yours?" Esko asked. Mark, coming back to reality answered.

"Um... Athena. Yeah." Mark looked at him. The guy seemed a bit more relaxed- or was it just him? He wasn't the kind who could tell how people felt. "So... There is only one room left available, so I guess we'll be roomates..." He trailed off. He wasn't exactly sure himself whether he wanted roomates or not, even though he technically didn't have a choice.

((Now I have to eat-will be back))

Edited by SULDhasno

((I might drop after this.))

Athena! The goddess of wisdom! Oh. Cool. Well, I already have a room, but no roommates. Not until now, anyways. Esko fiddled his fingers. What should he say next? Things were already akward-ish. It was going to be a very interesting expirience, though. Having a roommate when he lets out a field that makes anything feel like he is hostile...what would it be like? His last school was awful when it came to that. What would it be like now?

Huh, would that be useful against demons? Possibly. Then again, the demon wouldn't just run off. It would try to kill him.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

((What do you mean by drop?))

"Oh. Cool. I already have a room, but no roomates. Not until now anyways."

Mark bit into a hamburger. "Ok. Well, I can try to move," He looked at his hamburger. "Yeah, and just so you know, my actual name's not Mark. That was given by my foster parents... My real name's Takaki. Last name Kayasuma. I mean, I don't exactly look like the kind to be called Mark, do I? He leaned back into the chair. "Of course, you can call me whatever you want." He finished the hamburger, and got up. "Ok. I'm gonna go ask. Where's your room?"

Esko looked up. Shouldn't he know already? Thought they gave new kids their room numbers. They gave his to him. Interesting name...cool. The room is... and Esko gave the directions. After he said them, he looked at his food. I Will just stay here and...finish up. Even though he did have to finish up, he really knew the true meaning whether he liked it or not: be alone. He sometimes hated that word. Sometimes, he didn't even think other spawns of Hades would accept him.

((Drop means to fall asleep.

Also, pretend Esko gave directions. I honestly don't know myself. A lot of the pics are blocked on my iPad.))

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

((K.))

He went off into the 4-bed bedroom to go pick up his stuff. He looked at his laptop and found that the update was actually updated. I can play a match later, he thought to himself. No one seems to be doing anything... He took his laptop and his bag and went off to the room that Esko told him to go to.

He managed to find the room, and dropped his stuff beside one of the beds. He started organising his stuff- he put them into the drawers beside the bed. He then took out his computer. Since Esko was still eating and there didn't seem to be any classes, he decided to try and play a match of league. He logged on and found a match. Aww, man! Someone took adc... I was looking forward to playing Lucian... He typed down mid. The rest of the team stayed quiet. Why are they doing that... Dammit! He facepalmed. I really shouldn't have let dad* play... Well, at least he wasn't playing ranked. Takaki groaned at the aspect of having to climb the ladder again, even though, being the son of Athena, it wouldn't be that hard.

As the game started, he wondered what his lessons were going to be like. I can check the timetable later, he thought as he rapidly clicked at his mouse. Zed against ziggs- Well, that's a great match up for me... But then again, it's been a while since I played Zed...

Several minutes later, he had already won- despite the fact that everyone else in his team was dead most of the time. It wasn't exactly his fault-when he came to help peel off their chasing opponents they would just run back and get themselves killed. But he still won. He decided to play another match-the sooner he was back playing with better people, the better.

((*he refers to his foster dad as if he were his real dad.))

Edited by SULDhasno

((K.))

He went off into the 4-bed bedroom to go pick up his stuff. He looked at his laptop and found that the update was actually updated. I can play a match later, he thought to himself. No one seems to be doing anything... He took his laptop and his bag and went off to the room that Esko told him to go to.

He managed to find the room, and dropped his stuff beside one of the beds. He started organising his stuff- he put them into the drawers beside the bed. He then took out his computer. Since Esko was still eating and there didn't seem to be any classes, he decided to try and play a match of league. He logged on and found a match. Aww, man! Someone took adc... I was looking forward to playing Lucian... He typed down mid. The rest of the team stayed quiet. Why are they doing that... Dammit! He facepalmed. I really shouldn't have let dad* play... Well, at least he wasn't playing ranked. Takaki groaned at the aspect of having to climb the ladder again, even though, being the son of Athena, it wouldn't be that hard.

As the game started, he wondered what his lessons were going to be like. I can check the timetable later, he thought as he rapidly clicked at his mouse. Zed against ziggs- Well, that's a great match up for me... But then again, it's been a while since I played Zed...

Several minutes later, he had already won- despite the fact that everyone else in his team was dead most of the time. It wasn't exactly his fault-when he came to help peel off their chasing opponents they would just run back and get themselves killed. But he still won. He decided to play another match-the sooner he was back playing with better people, the better.

((*he refers to his foster dad as if he were his real dad.))

((Is this an MOBA Esko is playing?))

((Esko isn't playing that character(That would be me), but yes he is playing a MOBA, League of Legends, or LoL, to be exact))

Edited by SULDhasno

((To be honest, I thought he'd be playing Smite. Then again, I'm a Dota 2 player myself, so perhaps there is a reason it is LoL in particular.))