JBluewind

Valentine Breeding Brainstorm 2.0

What is Your Favorite Valentine Dragon? (2009-2014)  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tough call, on one hand I dislike the colour pink and thus would not vote for it in most circumstances. On the other hand, the Rosebud was my first CB Valentine dragon and they are also my only CB female Valentine dragons. However, the one I voted for, the Heartseeker is a very nice dragon with a bold red colour dominating the sprite. He doesn't look the best alongside some of my favourite sprites, but when paired with other red, pink or purple dragons, the lineage pops. If I could vote twice, I would choose my favourite as the Rosebud for lineages and the Heartseeker for the sprite's appearance.

In terms of Spriter's Alts, my favourite are Infinis' black, red and gold Radiant Angels.

Tough call, on one hand I dislike the colour pink and thus would not vote for it in most circumstances. On the other hand, the Rosebud was my first CB Valentine dragon and they are also my only CB female Valentine dragons. However, the one I voted for, the Heartseeker is a very nice dragon with a bold red colour dominating the sprite. He doesn't look the best alongside some of my favourite sprites, but when paired with other red, pink or purple dragons, the lineage pops. If I could vote twice, I would choose my favourite as the Rosebud for lineages and the Heartseeker for the sprite's appearance.

In terms of Spriter's Alts, my favourite are Infinis' black, red and gold Radiant Angels.

It's funny. I mostly dislike pink too. XP But the Sweetlings and Rosebuds are just too cute not to like. I'm not a freezer of hatchlings but I am tempted to freeze a s2 Sweetling hatchie.

I LOVE Val09, Radiant Angel and Heartseekers. Can't really choose between them, but the funny thing is that I like having multiple Val09 and Heartseeker but I don't want any Radiant Angels, I only have my 1 CB one on my scroll and it feels, I don't know, more special having just 1 on my scroll? xd.png anybody else feel this way?

P.S. Do Radient Angels remind anybody else of The Hunger Games mockingjay pin? No? XP

I'm loving the responses so far! It's so much fun to hear everyone's opinions and ideas. I also can't wait for new lineages to add to the OP wub.gif

With everybody sharing why the love what they love, I decided to copy and paste what I said in another thread. Please excuse the following gushiness cool.gif

*snip*

Holiday wise, my favorite overall holiday is (big surprise) Solstice, but out of the Valentines so far, I actually love Rosebuds. I know they are one of the most pink out there and that I'm not a fan of pink, but I love how they're designed and how they look with moonstones.

Back in 2013, I grabbed my first (and only until I bred them the other day) Rosebuds. They were both 2nd gen with moonstone. I felt stupid at the time for grabbing 2 of the same lineage as I could only ever have those 2, but I loved how they looked. Now with the limit lifted, I'm happy to have them because it will really help me push my lineage to 5th gen and higher. I intend to start another lineage one day with purple nebula or royal blue, but right now I love my current project happy.gif

To add to that, I have a soft spot for moonstones. She was one of my first 4. 2 cave grabs (her and a male balloon) and 2 AP grabs (male Skywing and female daydream). I still adore the breeds because they were my first. Plus, who doesn't love a moonstone? wub.gif

I really like the Sweetlings, pink and alt, arsanis (cause they remind me of seahorses!), and radiant angels. I think RAs are my favorite both because they're really pretty and they were the first Valentine that I was here for to get the CB dragons.

I haven't put too much thought into breeding Valentines dragons, (again cause I haven't been on/active for many valentines) but this year I did try mixing the RA with the Undine dragons. So far, I like how it looks and I think it may be interesting if I can get alt undines in the lineage.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/xHukj

(I have an RA hatchling from RA/Undine too but it's fogged)

I'm not really sure why I like this combination, because I feel like it doesn't really make much sense. I guess they both have softish colors and I just like how it looks and how I can imagine it looking with more generations. And I think getting the undines to alt could be really cool too, and the yellow would still match up with the RA colors

I really like the Sweetlings, pink and alt, arsanis (cause they remind me of seahorses!), and radiant angels. I think RAs are my favorite both because they're really pretty and they were the first Valentine that I was here for to get the CB dragons.

I haven't put too much thought into breeding Valentines dragons, (again cause I haven't been on/active for many valentines) but this year I did try mixing the RA with the Undine dragons. So far, I like how it looks and I think it may be interesting if I can get alt undines in the lineage.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/xHukj

(I have an RA hatchling from RA/Undine too but it's fogged)

I'm not really sure why I like this combination, because I feel like it doesn't really make much sense. I guess they both have softish colors and I just like how it looks and how I can imagine it looking with more generations. And I think getting the undines to alt could be really cool too, and the yellow would still match up with the RA colors

I'm glad someone besides me likes RA x Undine.

RA and Rosebuds: They are very pretty and I love them.

Heartseeker: Also pretty and smell like chocolate, okay? I love chocolate. xd.png

Those are my favorites, although the other ones are fine.

Remember guys. No trade talk in thread cool.gif

I'm glad you guys have found someone who likes the same lineage though. I like to have fell out when I found someone with a 4th gen Pillow x Valentine '09! Best of luck guys. happy.gif

user posted image

I think I like the Arsani best. They are so beautiful and elegant. Not to mention they were the first Valentines release I was here for, so they'll always be special to me. I also like the Sweetlings (particularly the alts) and the Radiant Angels. I wasn't all that thrilled with the RAs when they came out, but I grew to really like them. The one I just picked up has a lovely lineage (RA x Gold), but breeding a mate for him is going to be hard.

Looks like we all know who the winner will be with this one! Honorable mention is still close though. Last day to vote is the 20th (cave time).

After that, I'll take Valentine 2015 suggestions for a few days until I put up their favorite mate poll. That poll will be added 24 hours AFTER I have gotten in at least 6 suggestions. That will give everybody 1 day extra to add their suggestion to the thread before the poll goes up.

If a flood of suggestions come in, I'll pick the top dozen or so for the poll by the number of times that mate was suggested or was agreed to be a good pairing (this is to prevent a poll that is too bulky or exceeds the number of categories).

Feel free to discuss to your heart's content as long as your post does not violate thread or site rules. cool.gif

Edited by JBluewind

With adult 2015 spirits now appearing on several of our scrolls, we can now start discussing possible mates for this new little one.

Spoilers

The color variation in this dragon is due to a change in the shading that happens depending on the quality, type, and age of the device you are using to view them. There is only 1 spirit (minus spiriter alt), but others may call it a different color than you see on your device because the dragon actually looks that color on their device. Nobody is mistaken. The color varies from pink to cherry red. Remember to keep this in mind when looking at mates for your dragons.

Edited by JBluewind

Results

Valentine '09: 6 votes

Sweetling: 10 votes

Rosebud: 7 votes

Heartseeker: 11 votes

Arsani: 3 votes

Radiant Angel: 21 votes

Winner: Radiant Angel!

Runner Up: Heartseeker by 1 vote!

Other votes

I love all the little to no pink ones equally: 5 votes