Gildraug

Dragon Riders

((*Smacks forehead* Sorry Tenanya, I forget you had a female char))

Vallisa looked sheepish. "Sorry." She muttered, cheeks flaming red. It wasn't often that she forgot something - she just hoped it didn't become a regular occurance.

"Smooth, Val. Real smooth." Viper commented dryly. "Though I think she's going over to see Torlin - poor guy got stuck with Wuth. Cranky old dragon - frankly, I feel bad for him. I avoid that elder when I can - he's just such a JOY to be around, if you catch my meaning." Viper told her with a chuckle. He felt happy and Vallisa wondered what he was doing.

"Ah, I understand. Also, what are you happy about? I can feel it." She asked her dragon.

"Once you fly with me, you'll understand. It's an experience that is not easily forgotten, but willingly relived." Viper explained vaguely. "I know that doesn't make much sense, but you'll understand one day. Just trust me, ok?"

Vallisa nodded, though she knew he couldn't see her. "I do trust you." She protested.

Viper was silent for a few moments before he responded. "Good."

Culuma watched as she walked into the kitchen, her stomach growling. She blushed, and one of the Greybeards gave her the simple breakfast that was served in the morning.

When you're done, come back outside, there is something I want to show you.

Culuma froze mid-bite, her attention turned to the coversation. What do you want to show me?

It's a puzzle of sorts, you might like it, as we do share a similar likes for puzzles. She looked to more recent memories, and the hidden puzzles he was solving, some she understood, others she didn't. She continued eating.

Puzzles~ She showed him puzzles that she had enjoyed solving, and he showed her other ways she could have solved the same puzzle. She smiled, her meal seeming more flavorful that it was. She cleaned up after herself, even though she didn't need to.

Whiskey had been sitting at the side watching as the Zorrik and their dragons bonded. The introduction of another whelp left him dumbfounded, she appeared to be even younger than than the wolf boy. Whiskey ran a whetstone done the edge of his sword, in the chaos that had ensued yesterday it had gotten several knicks in the blade.

He heard a thunder of wings and looked up to see Vulomven surfacing over the cliff. In his huge talons were two large barrels.

Whiskey still didn't know where he secured the mead, whether those who made it gave it to him as an offering or whether he just flew by and snatched it up from the carts transporting it.

"Meyz Paarthurnax piin voth zey! Waan til los naan joor lost drehlaan tol los truly bal un fir nii los daar" His voice echoed throughout the courtyard. Vulomven cracked open the top of the barrel and began gulping the golden liquid inside.

Whiskey found unamused, when he had first met Vulomven he had considered it somewhat ironic that he, named after a form of alcohol, had been paired up with the alcoholic. Not to mention their severe difference in personality and mannerisms.

Esko chuckled. He was glad he was being talked to. And he was glad he wasn't the youngest anymore so kitty boy probably wouldn't have too much to say about him being youngest. AND his dragon had a great sense of humor.

"So, were there embarrasing things about Wuthy?"

"Of course! One time, he went to pee, and I passed by him while going to the lake, and I heard him yell, and guess what I saw under his streamline?"

"What?" Esko hoped Wuthy was passing by.

"He caught two angry skunks in his stream! Oh, man, you couldn't imagine what Paarx did after that...."

The two kept laughing and talking, a very strong bond forming as they shared embarrasing stories about friends. And no doubt that the Greybeards were pleased.

and I'm sure Torlin wished he got a dragon like mine.

Poor Torlin

((Just a question: we're there drinking age limits in the Skyrim world? Just asking))

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Culuma came back outside as the barrel was cracked open. Her partner landed in the yard, then went to a corner, where she ran over to join him. The puzzle he had brought was one she recognized.

This is it?

Yes. Have you solved it before?

You can say that. This is one of the puzzles used in Summerset Isle to keep minds sharp. She picked it up, and started working on it. Her hands twisted as the puzzle bit at her fingers, trying to keep her from solving it. An enchanted version?! She grinned at Skalaer. He nudged her shoulder, then took off to rest.

Be ready for your next lesson, or you can ask to get your things in a room.

I'm good for right now, might do that during lunch.

Lunch thought Esko. His tummy grumbled hard, and he saw Derino drink a barrel of mead. He was surprised at th old dragon drinking the stuff. It still reminded him of mealtime. He looked around and caught a drop of mead while yawning in his mouth. oh- ahhhh he thought. He didn't even care that it contained dragon spit. grrr. Esko wished he could grab a cow and tear it apart and eat it. His mouth watered as he saw a rabbit hop on the mountainside. He wondered when lunch would be. He didn't notice his tail movement at all. Derino looked at him and donked the barrel lightly on Esko's head before getting another one. Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

The air shuddered as her fingers were covered with her blood. She continued to fight with the puzzle, and she growled darkly. The air shimmered as her magic was leaking out slightly. Her fingers made the final parts fit together, and the earth rumbled as her magic focused in on the puzzle, breaking it apart again. The puzzle fell to the pieces it originally was. She smiled.

How much longer until lunch?

No clue, I'm trying to sleep. Why?

Hungry from making the puzzle go back to it's pieces.

Hmph... Shouldn't be much longer. I'll talk to Paary about it.

Paary?

Paarthurnax, Culuma. The other dragon that was nearest to us when we first formed our connection, little one.

((There are only two barrels... I don't think Derino would have gotten one, Vulomven drank one and he's offering the other to Paarthurnax))

*slips in*

I've looked it over three times in the past week to see if I missed anything. I do not find anything amiss, out of place or otherwise.

Where would you like this moved to?

((Hello laugh.gif Yes, I'd gladly like this RP moved to the Approved section!))

Torlin seemed to jerk awake as Tsabhira approached him.

"Huh? I, uh, I'm fine..." he whispered, running his fingers through his white hair. "I just think I need some more time to get used to Wuthkloviing..."

Filkunah sighed: "That pile of bones and scales clings to the past. It doesn't help that his previous Zoriik was killed by a Redguard."

Torlin seemed to wish that he could go underground. Dinorn jumped from the back of Filkunah and patted Torlin on his back.

"Dinorn is saying that the problem is with Wuthkloviing, not with you. So don't blame yourself. He'll understand how ridiculous he's being, sooner or later," Filkunah smiled and Torlin nodded.

Paarthurnax had gladly shared the mead with Vulomven, although he didn't drink the barrel wholly, trying to hold to some of his dignity.

"Zu'u lorot mindaat los drehlaan fah nu," he grumbled and the Greybeards - who had been watching the whole scene with mild terror - nodded before the elder and then turned to the Dovah Zoriik.

"There will be lunch now. We will call you when the next lesson - learning some of the Dovah Zoriik's past - will begin," they announced. "Whiskey, Vulomven, Dinorn, and Filkunah, please stay."

'A new mission?' Filkunah though, excited.

'Hopefully. Although I would've liked to stay here with the new Zoriik,' Dinorn confessed.

Torlin fought with fear after Filkunah and Dinorn left. But he decided there was no use in brooding over the fact his dragon hated him, but he decided to enjoy himself. He turned towards his classmates.

"So, anybody hungry?" he asked, forcing the cheerfulness in his voice, but his smile was sincere.

((Goddarn time difference. I wake up and there's ten new replies :'D))

Edited by Gildraug

((I meant that Derino probably got the barrel from plucking one off the cart. He isnt useless at all. He is actually rather childish of the elder dragons. And I dont know much about Skyrim, so are there drinking age limits in this world?))

Esko just said, "well, I could eat at least two times as much as you guys can, but that isnt a challenge. But yes, im hungry." Esko saw Derino come back with two barrels.

'Are you an alcoholic? '

'No. But I do enjoy one or two barrels once in a while. You mortals make amazing stuff!'

'Then what is the third barrel for?'

'I'll tease Wuthy with it later. He usually denies, but may drink if he is in a happy enough mood.'

'He obviously isnt'

'Hey, you never know. He could be happy he scared a redguard. He is stranger than me.'

Obviously Esko thoght to himself.

Then he went to lunch as fast as possible.

((Yeah, we get approved! It woupd make sense to put it in the Other roleplays section. xd.pngninja.gif

))

((I thought drinking mead by the barrel was going to be Vulomvens thing sad.gif Yeah DH this would go in the Other Roleplays section))

Whiskey looked up from his work as Paarthurnax told him and Dinorn to wait. Standing up and sheathing his sword he walked over to stand next to Dinorn.

"It will be good to work with someone competant again... I'm glad I'm not on babysitting duty," He said looking back at the others as they left.

"The older two seem okay, but that Esko is a nuisance and needs to learn how to respect his elders... And the latecomer... she seems far too young to be involved in something like this," Whiskey finished quietly.

He looked up at Filkunah, knowing that it was difficult for Dinorn to speak and that she usually did it for him.

"I pray you don't mind working alongside a crusty, old, idiot, alcoholic?" Whiskey asked both her and Dinorn, his eyes flicking between the two.

"Older three, right? Tsabhira, Torlin, and Vallisa are the oldest. Esko and Culuma are indeed quite young, but there must be a reason why they have been summoned," Filkunah thought aloud. Then she went silent for a few seconds as Dinorn talked to her.

"He says that he's glad to work with you. An assassin and a thief, working together - that should be interesting," Filkunah chuckled, but then went serious as the Greybeards and Paarthurnax came closer.

"Your mission is to examine the Bleak Fall Barrow ruins. There have been disturbing reports from Riverwood about strange wails coming from the ruins during the night. The Jarl of Whiterun doesn't want to send his men there, so he requested the help of Dovah Zoriik. Find out what is happening there and return when you are done," the Greybeards told, switching the speaker after every sentence. They were so much alike, that Dinorn still had troubles identifying them from each other.

"Mu hon ahrk mu thaar," Filkunah said, bowing her head alongside Dinorn. Dinorn then turned towards Whiskey and nodded with a sly smile: Let's get this show on the road.

Torlin observed from distance how the graduated Zoriik received their mission. Maybe one day, he could be there. It was no use in brooding about the subject, Torlin thought to himself, the only thing that mattered was here and now. He started following Esko towards the dining hall, but slowed his steps so that he could have a chat with all of his classmates.

"I am curious about one thing, Tsabhira. Is it true that your fur grows thicker here in the cold, compared to your fellows back home at the deserts? And Culuma, what brought you here, to Skyrim?" he asked around, wanting to create a good class atmosphere, despite the variety of age and race.

"I was curious too. Does it?" Asked Esko. He looked and saw kitty assassin and Dinorn head off. He sniffed the overdoses of mead on Whiskey's dragon. It smelled awful, that much at a time. For once, he felt bad for Whiskey. looks like he got bad luck and got stuck with a bad dragon as well. Not saying my dragon is bad, he is just...a bowl of varieties. Esko started walking quicker, smelling the food. He was sure the others didn't smell the same. Being half werewolf, he had four times as strong of scent as the others did. It wasn't he who had to learn to respect his elders(well, maybe) but it was Whiskey who learn how to respect ones younger than he. The others....well, Esko didn't know that much about them to judge.

((The achoholic thing is Vulomven's. But Derino likes to have some mead once in a while. There is a difference. ))

((Could I ask what time zone everyone lives in?))

Whiskey stroked his chin thoughtfully as their task was relayed.

He walked over to Vulomven and casually walked up his wing and grabbed onto the spines on his back.

"I've traveled to Bleak Falls before... there were some bandits there and we received a contract to take out their leader," Whiskey didn't need to elaborate on who he was referring to when he said we.

"There are a few open areas inside, however the catacombs are all tight corridors, it would be best to use your daggers in the close quaters... and assuming there are still draugr inside stealth would be our best bet," Whiskey smiled, a rare sight.

"Luckily we're both experts at that so we shouldn't have to worry... but from what I recall it does echo inside a lot, so if we make one mistake we could wake all the the creatures that lurk in there," Whiskey said solemnly, his grasp tightening as Vulomven began to flap his wings.

The large dragon chortled.

"Oo, goraan joriin daar sul, unstiid lorot, all your talk of stealth will prove rather useless if those creatures have already been woken... perhaps the wails being heard are the cries of the undead?" The crusty dragon suggested.

Whiskey's pale smile faded in an instant and scowled, he hadn't thought of that.

"Stealth is still a useful skill to put to use when the enemy is unknown, best to see them before they see us... preferably best to not let them see you at all before they rest for eternity," Whiskey said coldly.

Vulomven paused slightly, he could feel the cold aura radiating off the Kahjiit, it would easily cause bears, sabertooths and possibly even some younger dragons to react with fright. But although it wasn't obvious, Vulomven and Whiskey had a very strong bond, as much as the latter expressed his dislike of the former it was only due to his necessity to not have friends. Vulomven could tell quite clearly that Whiskey was just annoyed that his logic had been thwarted.

"Nu mal gein, fent mu koraav wel daar seirak qeth vis outpace daar do goraaniik?" Vulomven challenged, his eyes gleaming at the considerably younger Filkunah. In his eyes it would be a fairly even race, he was larger and as such had a larger wingspan but she would probably outpace him in wing beats per minute.

((Well, I am +2GMT - at the moment I am writing this it's 16:37 or 4:37pm))

Dinorn nimbly climbed up to Filkunah's back again, using her spikes as a ladder. He was glad to get into action, once more.

"Ha! Hi fent diivon od Zu'u lif us dii praad!" Filkunah answered to the challenge and Dinorn shut his eyes for a moment, praying to the Divines for help and gripping tightly to the spikes in front of him.

'It's not a long way to fly, just down the mountainside and across the valley,' Dinorn noted to Filkunah. 'So start flying.'

Filkunah opened her wings and took to the skies, Vulomven not far behind, his larger wings beating slower but with much more power. It became a race between a hawk and a sparrow.

Down below them Paarthurnax roared his farewells in dovahzul but his voice soon disappeared to the wind and the sound of the two flying dragons. It was now impossible for Dinorn to try and talk with Whiskey, but he waved his hand and grinned. He couldn't remember when he had had so much fun.

Vulomven started to get the advantage when they flew across Riverwood, the ruins laying ahead of them.

'Filkunah, you claimed you were the fastest dragon!' Dinorn taunted with good humor. She didn't reply, too focused to flap her wings faster.

In the end, they landed on the ruins pretty much at the same time, although both of the dragons claimed they had been the first one.

"I clearly was first, you wuth ahpaan do qeth," Filkunah said smugly. "You just don't want to admit you lost to a young hatchling!"

Dinorn gently punched Filkunah's snout and then checked he had everything he needed. It was eerily silent at the ruins - only the skeletons of long-dead bandits littered the ground, no doubt from the earlier encounter of Whiskey and the bandits.

"I hope you two can talk somehow with each other while I'm here," Filkunah said seriously. Dinorn waved his hand; they'd be fine. He walked to the giant doors that led to the ruins, touching them gently.

"Laas Yah Nir," Dinorn Shouted, except it was a whisper. He tilted his head from one side to the other, listening.

"There is something inside," Filkunah said, her voice sharp with worry. "Be careful, you two."

Dinorn nodded and then inclined his head towards the doors while looking at Whiskey: Shall we go?

Edited by Gildraug

((Well I'm +10 and at the moment its nearly 1am... so I think Ill call it a night after this))

"Haha! On the contrary I found it to be envigorating! Had it been a longer flight you would have one but alas when the flight is descent the whole way... vosro nunon saag gravity was assisting me," The old dragon said happily looking at his waist.

Whiskey frowned at the dragon, "Mmm you're certainly the only dragon with a beer belly... hold on for a moment Dinorn, I left some items here that I looted off the bodies... I couldn't carry much at the time and I didn't want looters to get to them," Whiskey said, absentmindedly looking around the barren courtyard.

He walked over to a pillar on the side facing Riverwood and noticed a small arrow carved into it. Following the direction he walked over towards one of the extruding battlements and crouched down and removed a stone.

Whiskey frowned.

"It appears I underrated looters... they search everywhere, but luckily what I was looking for is still here... albiet a little dusty," Whiskey said, reaching into the small pit and removing a single orange vile. Carefully removing the top he sniffed experimentally at it and winced.

"This is not the tastiest brew... but it smells like it should still work," He paused and looked over at the others.

"An assassin knows his way around alchemy... I learned from our poisons expert, but don't worry I have knowledge of medical brews as well," Whiskey said reassuringly. He stood and walked over to Dinorn, the potion held out in his hand.

"This is a Draught of Glibness, it should ease your throat and allow you to talk more easily... at least for while we are in the catacombs and you are unable to communicate through Filkunah," Whiskey said glancing up at the dragon.

((Feel free to control whiskey a bit and have us enter the barrow while I'm asleep. And I know the description for a Draught (or any other potion) of Glibness says it just improves speech for 60 seconds, I think it would be realistic for a more advanced potion to last longer... also its now 1:11am so yeah, I'm going to bed))

Dinorn took the draught with gratitude, but didn't drink it yet.

"He'll save it for a bit later," Filkunah explained even as Dinorn walked back to the massive iron doors and started pushing them open, Whiskey coming to aid him. The sunshine lit the entry hall, revealing more skeletons and dust particles that floated in the air. The air itself smelled and tasted foul - like death. Dinorn pulled out his daggers and started to sneak deeper, Whiskey not far behind. The dragons sat down in front of the door, preparing for the long wait.

'I don't know how deep underground we'll go. Hopefully our connection won't broke at any point,' Dinorn thought.

'I hope so, too.'

Deeper in they went, still seeing nothing but skeletons and spiderwebs and looting the burial urns on the way. Turning around a corner they saw a frostbite spider nest. It only required a quick sneak behind the spiders and an attack - they were not a strong opponent, although a poisonous one. Deeper in they went and Dinorn could sense how his connection to Filkunah weakened when more earth separated them. Whiskey and Dinorn said nothing, both of them accustomed to silence and sneaking.

Then they came to the Hall of Stories, the ancient carvings on the wall displaying Akatosh, Mara, Diabelle and some Nord gods. The entrance to the next room was sealed with a door, but a Dragon Key laid on the ground before it. Dinorn now drank the draught. His voice was still rough and raspy, but it did not hurt to speak.

"Ah, much better. Now, let me handle the lock - thieves' specialty, if I may say so," he said as he took the Dragon Key, examined quickly and then started turning the rings of the lock system. When he was satisfied, he put the Dragon Key into the keyhole. No poisonous darts or flames erupted and the door opened smoothly. He grinned.

"Hah. As long as you have a Dragon Key, these doors are no problem."

They continued their journey, but suddenly Whiskey stopped.

"What is it?"

"We haven't encountered a single draugur on the way," Whiskey said quietly, narrowing his eyes. Dinorn realized what the assassin was trying to say and he Shouted: "Laas Yah Nir."

There was a whole army of draugur waiting them at the main room, where the Word Wall was located. They didn't move, though, since it was daytime.

"An army. Sleeping for now," Dinorn said through gritted teeth. "In the main chamber. What should we do?"

((Time zone: whatever the New Jersey time zone is. I have no roleplay ideas, so this is all I will write. Now, I'm in Spanish, so I won't be too active.))

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

((GMT +6 Or an hour behind DC))

Culuma put the puzzle down, picking up her stuff,which she had set aside to do the puzzle. She picked up her staff and started to walk to the Kitchen She thought about the question for a moment, then answered, "Part was the Call, the next part was the Puzzles that had remained unsolved for ages, and then the final part was training. I was heading back to Summerset Ilse when the call came."

Really?

Yes, problems?

You smell like a Wood Elf.

I smell like them because I have been living with them. A long time too.

Culuma smiled as she felt the grumble of Skalaer coming to her from their link. She turned her attantion back to the guy who had talked to her, "I'm sorry, I never caught your name..." She grinned sheepishly.

Torlin grinned to Culuma and made a flamboyant bow.

"Torlin, a Redguard sellsword with a bit of Dark Elf blood in my family line. At your service, ma'am," he introduced himself, making a small grin. He then took a very noble face and started talking like a snob.

"Now, my dear ladies and lords, let us go and have a taste of the plentiful table," he said, looking down at everyone. It was, of course, an act. Torlin led them to the dining hall and he sat where the host would sit.

"Sit down, my dear guests, for we have much to discuss," he said, continuing with the ridiculous act.

'You're making a fool of yourself!' Wuthkloviing snarled in his mind, but he ignored the old dragon.

'Tsk. Even the wolf boy and the high elf are more mature than you are,' the dragon continued his sneer.

There was cabbage and potato soup for dinner, alongside some mead that had been blended heavily with water.

The Greybeards joined them, but ate in silence.

"My silent friends, who cooks all of these foods?" Torlin said, hoping that the Greybeards would play along.

"We have a cook from Ivarstead," was all that he got. He sighed a little, but then turned to talk with Vallisa.

"My lady, how have you fared today?" Torlin asked, taking Vallisa's hand as if he was about to kiss it - he didn't - like a lord would a lady's hand.

It's customary to stop all rping while a mod or approver is talking to the owner. Makes everything easier and is also part of the rules here.

Where specifically would you like this? There's Other Rps, or Freeform this can go in. Both have different criteria.

I'd assume, since you went through this approval process (or, well, stuck it here) that you want this in the Other RP section. However, you're still welcome to have me put it in the Freeform section.

If you'd like a description on either section, as they are far different, I'd be happy to give one.

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Hello! This is Dauntingale. Before moving this, there are some errors to be corrected. (I told you I'd get to this in a few days!) laugh.gif Here it is:

When the Great Dragonborn's victorious return to Skyrim

- You mean: “When the Great Dragonborn victoriously returned to Skyrim”

the common dragons and the Great Dragonborn made a pact: that all the future Dragonborns would have a dragon partner

- Since you have a colon denoting that what you are about to say next describes the pact, you don’t need to have the word “that”. Delete it.

Paarthurnax and the Greybeards swore to teach the future Dragonborns towards the right path

- Change "teach" to "guide" since you mention "towards the right path".

Ever since, all the Dragonborn that arrived to the world were sent to High Hrothgar

- Should be plural since you say “all the”.

There will be constantly going on two plots

- Change to “two constantly ongoing plots”.

a town from where the 7,000 steps lead to High Hrothgar

- For flow, I suggest changing this to “a town where there are 7,000 steps that lead to High Hrothgar.”

Not only that, but the dead of Skyrim, who had been - more or less - sleeping peacefully in their tombs have now awakened.

- Comma after “tombs” to separate this appositive.

Thu'um and Dragons

- I suggest moving this above “plot” for organization/clarity because you mention all these things prior to this explanatory section.

Skyrim is still stuck in the viking-ages.

- Capitalize “Viking”. No hyphen is needed.

Misc.

Perhaps include weapons or a link to the wiki of weapons of Skyrim in this section after the classes.

I'll look through again once you've edited! Good luck. tongue.gif