Gildraug

Dragon Riders

"Welcome to High Hrothgar!" a deep voice boomed over Dragostea's head. At the time, she'd been

looking down, trying to catch her breath after that hazardous encounter with the damn troll. At the sound of the greeting, she snapped her head up in surprise, and promptly recoiled in shock. Of all the things she'd expected to greet her, a talking dragon was not one of them. She knew that dragons talked, yes, but she'd never actually heard dragonspeech.

Shreev barked, and Dragostea quickly patted his head, hoping that he wouldn't freak out like he did with the frost troll. Still gripping her warhammer, she flicked her eyes over the dragons and other riders who were approaching her over the courtyard. There was a massive gray dragon, and she assumed he was the one who had spoken. As she scanned the rest of the riders, her eyes slightly narrowed, she counted a Breton, a Wood Elf, and a Redguard, along with three dragons that Dragostea could only guess 'belonged' to the young males. But the only one who held her attention was the gray dragon, who had continued speaking.

"Drem yol lok. Your Thu'um is strong!" the dragon rumbled.

"Drem yol lok, valokeim hofkiin," the rest echoed in a variety of voices, some deep and gravelly and some lighter. The young Breton gave his name in greeting, and also said something about good enchanting. Dragostea wondered if he was talking about her warhammer. She made a mental note to remember the Breton's name - Fenandre. The dragon by his side also introduced themselves as Iilahvrii.

The Argonian stared at the lot of them, and for once she found herself at a loss for words. She didn't know any dragonspeech. Feeling a but of pressure building up around her, she quickly dropped her warhammer arm and clasped the other over her chest, bowing her upper torso forward. She hoped such a gesture wasn't out of place - her mother had always said that bowing was a way to show respect, and if anyone deserved respect, it was a dragon.

"Dr… drem yol lok," she said, tilting her head at the largest of the dragons. She hoped she was phrasing the words right - she assumed it was a greeting. "My name's Dragostea. And this is Shreev." She didn't know why she felt the need to introduce the dog, but it seemed appropriate. Another thought came to her suddenly, and she felt the grating need to bring it up. A small part of her hoped she didn't sound too irritated.

"You know..." she glanced at her warhammer. "This place has a real frost troll problem."

~

((PS should've mentioned it, not really too important, but 'Dragostea' is pronounced 'Drago-staa'))

Edited by Lumikkja

Paarthurnax nodded politely to the dog and greeted it in dovahzul, which made Torlin snigger a bit before Wuthkloviing slapped the boy's head with his tail.

'Ow?'

'You are such a child,' the old dragon sighed loudly and Torlin shrugged.

'Maybe in your eyes.'

"You know...This place has a real frost troll problem." the Argonian, Dragostea, said.

"Geh, mu lost," Paarthurnax agreed and sighed. "But they are creatures of Keizaal, Skyrim, as much as we are. If Kynareth lets them to roam on her sacred mountain, then we have no right in driving them out. But the encounter proved us how powerful you are, Dovah Zoriik." As if with an afterthought, Paarthurnax turned his head towards the skies.

"Sah Vah Rukt!" he Shouted, the summoning call echoing from the mountainside. Paarthurnax turned back to Dragostea.

"Krosis, your destined partner, Sahvahrukt, is elsewhere right now. When he arrives, we shall bond you two and give the Blessing. And lahzey," Paarthurnax continued, facing Fenandre and Iilahvrii. "You shall receive the Blessing, too, even if your bonding was formed already. Daar kusah," he mused.

"Paarthurnax, fent mu fahbo mindaat?" Wuthkloviing asked, his tail twitching slightly.

"Hm, aalkos hi lost tiid wah bo. Nuz dreh nii nel," the ancient dragon replied. With that, the Dragon Riders with a partner started talking with excitement, the promise of flying making them impatient.

"Vosro bo, ruz." Without further due, Torlin leaped up and climbed to the spot where he could sit comfortably. With a few wing flaps, Wuthkloviing took flight and Torlin whooped.

"Come on guys, we ain't got all day!" he managed to yell before Wuthkloviing dived, alongside with Torlin's scream. Dinorn started laughing, his rough voice rasping and causing him to stop and cough.

"Go on younglings, the ceremony will be held soon. Don't waste flying time," Filkunah added, urging the Dovah Zoriik to go. However, she and Dinorn stayed, deciding to keep company to Dragostea, Fenandre, and Iilahvrii.

"From where have you come, Dragostea?" Filkunah asked politely.

((You wanna know wth did the dragons say?: it's not entirely accurate, so it twists the words a little.

Oh yeah, the Dovah Zoriik will learn dovahzul automatically once they connect with their partner; so Fenandre would've understood as much as Iilahvrii, but Dragostea nothing... yet.))

Dragostea tilted her head and raised an eye ridge at the gray dragon's reply to her frost troll comment. Creatures of Skyrim… Kynareth… what was Kynareth again? She was one of those NIne Divines, right? Dragostea's mother had never really taught the Argonian about the gods - Shreev-Ka was loyal to the Hist, but she'd always said that one should believe in the strength of their own two hands. Dragostea tended to extend that mentality to metal, which she found to be more reliable than gods.

"The encounter proved to us how powerful you are, Dovah Zoriik," the dragon continued. Dragostea was about to respond to this (though whether to thank him for the compliment or ask what the hell a Dovah Zoriik was, she wasn't sure), but the dragon cut her off by shouting to the skies, "Sah Vah Rukt!"

Dragostea felt a thrill run down her spine at the sound of this call. She wasn't sure how, but she had a feeling that she already knew what - or who - the dragon was calling with that shout. Her suspicions were confirmed when the dragon turned to her and said, "Krosis, your destined partner, Sahvahrukt, is elsewhere right now. When she arrives, we shall bond you two and give the Blessing."

"…thank you, I guess?" Dragostea murmured, not exactly sure what the best response was. Blessing…? Well, she could only assume that this 'Sahvahrukt' was a dragon, intended to be her partner in dragon-riding. After all, that was why she'd traveled all the way across Skyrim to this excessively freezing mountain. Her armor was even starting to cling a little, and she shivered, though she tried to hide it. It was already awkward, being the only Argonian here. No one else seemed to be having trouble with the cold.

One of the other dragons said something in dragonspeech, and Dragostea overheard excited murmurs from the other young riders. Shreev whined and rubbed against her leg, and she patted his head gently. "If you're confused, Shreev, that makes two of us," Dragostea whispered. Dragostea heard one of the female dragons urge the riders into flying, but for some reason this particular dragon and her rider stayed behind, along with Fenandre and Iilahvri. The female dragon asked, rather politely, "From where have you come, Dragostea?"

Since the dragon was being very friendly, Dragostea decided to make an effort and do the same. Swinging her warhammer up and re-tying it to her back, she answered, "I grew up in Markarth. I heard the call a few months ago - took me a while to get here." The wind spiked up around her, and she bit down a shiver with a sharp hiss. She hoped her voice didn't sound too grating. It was already gravelly, but it got worse with the cold.

"So, uh…" she pointed one finger at the lot of them, scanning them over with a narrowed eye. "Who exactly are all of you? I know the Breton's name, but what about the rest of you?"

~

((Quick question, but can Sahvahrukt be a girl? Probably should've put that down in my profile submission… and yeah, Dragostea doesn't know any Dovahzul, she was just repeating what she assumed was a greeting.))

Edited by Lumikkja

((Of course biggrin.gif I can edit your profile if you so wish))

"I grew up in Markarth. I heard the call a few months ago - took me a while to get here." Filkunah nodded in response. Markarth was on the very Western edge of Skyrim, so no wonder if it took her a long time to get here. The Reach wasn't a very friendly place to travel through, either.

"So, uh… Who exactly are all of you? I know the Breton's name, but what about the rest of you?"

"I am Filkunah, and this is my Zoriik, Rider, Dinorn. We have been graduated for a couple of years now," she told Dragostea. "Also, Dinorn has some troubles with speaking, so I shall do it mostly for him." At that, Dinorn nodded to Dragostea and gave a small smile.

"I am Paarthurnax, the Grand Master of the Greybeards," the old dragon introduced himself and pointed with his tail at the Greybeards, who bowed to Dragostea.

"It is an honor, Dovah Zoriik," Haaki said.

"The rest will have to introduce themselves once they get back from flying - this is their first day of flight practice, so they won't be long. But the red dragon and his Zoriik, the ones who left first, they were Wuthkloviing and Torlin," Filkunah told. "You might want to watch out around Wuthy - he's quite old and cranky."

~~~

The howling wind seemed to have a dragon's claws as it ripped at Torlin's clothes, screaming in his ears in the meantime. The ground level came alarmingly fast closer, but just in time Wuthkloviing opened his wings and they stopped their mad dive. Whooping as adrenaline coursed through his veins like a swift river, Torlin tried to make his hair stand down, with no avail. Wuthkloviing seemed to enjoy the flight, too, roaring with joy and defying all living beings to challenge him.

'Oh my gods, this is fantastic!' Torlin yelled mentally to Wuthkloviing, who laughed in response, causing Torlin to yelp and hold closer to the neck spike of the dragon.

'What do you say if we flew and meet up with Sahvahrukt?' the red dragon suggested.

'Do you know where they are?' Torlin asked, using a passive as he was unsure of the gender of Sahvahrukt.

'I am positive. It is very hard to miss a flying lizard in the sky,' Wuthkloviing marked dryly. Torlin agreed with that and they started flying North, making it sure they'd make fast back to High Hrothgar in case they missed the dragon.

((From now on, since I am now a master of colors, Esko's talking color will be Blue!))

Esko was getting used to flying on his dragon. He loved this cold and altitude. It just felt...natural. Probably because of the dragon blood. Esko was starting to get used to not smelling the bandit camp. If he stepped in there now, he would throw up five times over.

'I may be an old coot, but want me to show you something fun?'

'Oh lord, I'm scared.'

Derino started to fly faster. Esko looked bored until Derino dived. Dived FAST. Esko held on for life as the elder dragon did flips and loops in the sky. He then spun around, causing Esko to feel naucious. But after a few minutes, Esko started to have...fun. The two sped past Wuthy and Torlin, and caught sight of a red-orange dragon in the distance.

'Looks like we caught sight of Sahvahrukt!'

"Hey Wuthy! I found the dragon we need! Sahvahrukt!" Derino shouted to Wuth. He then sped up. "Sahvahrukt! Ahnok! Nii los hi, folov? " As the elder dragon shouted, Esko rolled his eyes.

((Should I translate what Derino said? Also, I am pretty bad at action sequences, so I imagined Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon movie flying like crazy, if you watched the first one))

Fenandre remembered what he was going to say, and blurted out, "When Dragostea summoned that storm, Wuthkloviing said that it wasn't traditional magic, but something called a Shout, and now I'm curious. What exactly is it?"

((BTW he's wearing mage robes and a plain pair of boots))

"When Dragostea summoned that storm, Wuthkloviing said that it wasn't traditional magic, but something called a Shout, and now I'm curious. What exactly is it?"

Paarthurnax took a more comfortable position and turned his ancient eyes towards the young mage and his dragon.

"The language we dragons speak is dovahzul. You could say it is the 'True Tongue', given by the gods themselves. Whatever the reason is, we dragons know dovahzul by nature. What also comes by nature is Shouting, which is done in dovahzul. We have the Voice within ourselves and the Voice allows us to turn it into a Shout. No mortal can do this without great training - or having dovahsos, dragon blood," Paarthurnax said.

"To Shout is to lend powers from the gods, our Breath drawing the force it needs from them. That is why we dragons have always though we are better than humans; for being able to tap to the very power of the gods! Not to even mention how easily it comes to us."

Edited by Gildraug

"I am Filkunah, and this is my Zoriik, Rider, Dinorn. We have been graduated for a couple of years now. Also, Dinorn has some troubles with speaking, so I shall do it mostly for him."

Filkunah, Dinorn. Dragostea realized that she would most likely have to interact with these dragons and their riders throughout the course of her, ah, training, so she made an effort to remember them. So far it wasn't too difficult.

"I am Paarthurnax, the Grand Master of the Greybeards," the gray dragon rumbled, and Dragostea flinched slightly at the sound of his voice. Hearing the dragon speak was a little like using the Storm Call - her body ended up aching in the aftermath. It felt like Paar… Parthanan… Paar-thurn-ax's very words were imbued with the tremendous force of dragon shouts. Damn, his name is hard. That would take some time to get used to. And Sahvahrukt - why was it that some dragons had easy-to-remember names, and others had names that were absurdly long and complex?

Dragostea was so caught up in thought that she almost missed one of the four bearded men saying how it was an honor to meet her. Dragostea's eyes widened, and she quickly dipped into a bow to show respect. An honor… what, to meet me?? Never in her entire life had someone been honored to meet her. This was really going to take some getting used to.

Luckily, Fenandre - who the Argonian had to assume was a mage, judging by his outfit - eased the tension that Dragostea was suddenly feeling by blurting out a question about shouts. Dragostea opened her mouth to answer, but she was cut off as Paarthurnax answered instead. For the most part, Dragostea only half listened to his explanation, since she'd learned the basics of shouting, if not the in-depth mechanics. What grabbed her attention now was a distant sound of wingbeats, growing closer.

Turning her head to the sky, Dragostea squinted through the snowflakes swirling overhead. A dragon-and-rider pair seemed to be incoming, following 'Wuthy' and his rider… but there was yet another dragon, sans rider, in pursuit of the inbound pair. This dragon was reddish, and large, with an unusually broad and spiky tail. Shreev seemed to notice, too, and made his opinion known with an uneasy bark and a whimper. Dragostea patted him on the head gently. "It's fine, mutt. It's just dragons. No more frost trolls." Raising her voice to try and get the attention of any of the dragons and riders around her, Dragostea asked, "Is that Sahvahrukt up there?"

Edited by Lumikkja

'Ugh, great. Now look what you did. He is chasing us!'

'That's the point!'

'Oh god what now?'

"Sahvahrukt! Daar ven! Kiibok! Haha!" Derino shouted, happy that the red and orange dragon was following. "Uh, baaaad idea. Wait, what are you doing?" Esko said to his dovah. Oh sh*t no... Esko sensed something bad was gonna happen.

Derino dived again. This time, it was more skillful then before, and much steeper of a drop. Esko felt like he could barf. "Why why why WHY YOU SACK OF SCALES?!" Esko held on for dear life. Really? He wanted to make a good impression on SOMEONE here, and his scalesack wasn't helping.

When the elder Ice dragon landed, the force sent Esko flying off his back. Esko landed on his stomach and slid on his face. "Argh, you reptile, you useless reptile..." Esko looked up when he realized that he slid right in front of the new Zoriik. He got up and brushed himself off. "Ack, sorry about landing in front of your shoes. My dragon can be an idiot. Anyways, my name is Esko, and that old dragon over there is Derino. You are?"

"So, basically, all you have to do is say a word in dovahzul, and it does something like... that?" Fenandre inquired, pointing upwards to indicate the storm. "That seems quite incredible. Does it use up lots of Magicka? According to the laws of magic, there's no way something like that could be done without using up some sort of energy."

((Just realized that it was Paarthurnax who was telling about the Shouts - good old Wuthy was flying with Torlin *facepalm*))

"Is that Sahvahrukt up there?" Paarthurnax looked up and nodded.

"That is her. Prepare yourselves, for the blessing will be given soon," he said and was about to say something else before Esko came flying down, gouging a path into the snow.

"That seems quite incredible. Does it use up lots of Magicka? According to the laws of magic, there's no way something like that could be done without using up some sort of energy," Fenandre asked, the young mage looking troubled.

"Shouts use the power of the Su'um, Breath. It is... hmm... Your soul's strength, your dragonblood's strength. The more powerful the Shout, the longer it takes for your blood to recover and be ready. Shouting is a gift we received from Kynareth, and the goddess's powers are limitless. Her being the Mother of Nature, you could also say our dragonblood draws its strength from the nature."

Wuthkloviing and Torlin landed, too, an orange dragon flying down with them.

"Greetings, Sahvahrukt," Paarthurnax said to the dragon.

((Yus, feel free to take your dragon, Lumikkja ;D))

((Yay, time to break out the Sahvahrukt))

~

Sahvahrukt had been enjoying a peaceful flight through a mild blizzard when she heard the call of the Frost dragon named Derino - one of the dragons recently bonded to his Zoriik. Esko? Was that the rider's name? Goraan kiir… such a young child. They all were. True, Sahvahrukt was not as old as some - Paarthurnax and Wuthkloviing came to mind - she had certainly weathered more seasons than many of the dragons now bonded to riders. The age of those riders barely registered in her mind. They were barely newborns, if measured against the scale of dovah lifetimes.

The Revered dragon couldn't help but wonder why Derino had summoned her. She tailed behind him, along with Wuthkloviin and Torlin, her powerful wings stirring swirls of snow in the air. Ahead of her, Derino steeped into a dive, and Sahvahrukt heard his rider scream in protest. The orange and red dragon chuckled at their antics, but she kept flying towards High Hrothgar, rather than indulging in carefree trick-flying - which was something she enjoyed quite a bit.

Zu'u tovok… has a new Zoriik made the journey? Maybe that was why she was summoned. While the other dragons had been bonded, Sahvahrukt yet remained her own entity, with no connection to the young races of Skyrim. However, she believed she would enjoy becoming bonded to a young Zoriik. There was so much she could teach them.

While Derino and Esko landed with a rather dramatic flair, Sahvahrukt swooped in softly, pinning her wings to her back and landing on the stone behind Paarthurnax, Wuthkloviing landing near as well. "Greetings, Sahvahrukt," Paaurthurnax rumbled.

Sahvahrukt dipped her head to the eldest dragon. "Drem yol lok, Paarthurnax. Fah fos dahrin los Zu'u bel?"

While she paused to allow Paarthurnax to answer, Sahvahrukt glanced over to the other young Zoriik and their dovah. While she recognized the majority of them, there was one who stood out. Sahvahrukt did not recognize this one - an Argonian female, garbed in armor with a furred companion at her side. It was difficult to judge her exact age, but Sahvahrukt could tell she was young, just like the other riders. And of course she was a rider - why else would she be here?

Turning her gaze from the Argonian, Sahvahrukt asked softly, "Paarthurnax, faal Argonian… los rek dahrin hi bel zey het? Is she destined to be my Zoriik?"

~~~

Thanks to the arrival of a red-and-orange dragon that she didn't recognize, Dragostea ignored the wolf-eared rider sprawled at her feet for the time being, though Shreev wandered over and sniffed the young elf as he stood up.

Dragostea had eyes only for the dragon, who she could only assume was the dragon Paarthurnax had previously talked about. The new dragon was large, with a broad spiked head and a tail to match. Shreev let out a bark, puzzled by this new arrival, and Dragostea understood his anxiety. "Greetings, Sahvahrukt," Paarthurnax said to the new dragon, who dipped her head in respect.

Sahvahrukt - yes, that was the name of the dragon Paarthurnax said was to be bonded to her. Dragostea hoped it was normal to be this nervous, because she'd never been so nervous in all her life. The orange dragon spoke to Paarthurnax in dragontongue, so Dragostea didn't understand a single thing she said. However, the Argonian did recognize a couple words - the greeting, for one. Dragostea was surprised by how deep and melodic Sahvahrukt's voice was. It didn't seem like a sound befitting a dragon.

Dragostea was caught off guard when Sahvahrukt swiveled her head around and looked straight at her. The dragon continued to stare for a minute, and Shreev immediately ducked behind his master's legs, whining in fear. Dragostea held her breath and stood stiff, and she only exhaled when Sahvahrukt looked back at Paarthurnax. In a soft voice, she spoke again in dragontongue, but then she changed to common speech. What she said sent a thrill through Dragostea's body.

"Is she destined to be my Zoriik?"

Well, Paarthurnax said that Sahvahrukt was supposed to be my partner… Dragostea took a few steps forward, coming right up near Paarthurnax and Sahvahrukt. Shreev followed reluctantly, and Dragostea gave him a scratch behind the ears to calm him down. Clearing her throat, Dragostea focused her slit eyes on the orange dragon and said, "Paarthurnax told me that a dragon named Sahvahrukt is my partner. I take it he meant you?" She then went silent, waiting for either Sahvahrukt or Paarthurnax to correct her or confirm her hopes.

Edited by Lumikkja

"Paarthurnax told me that a dragon named Sahvahrukt is my partner. I take it he meant you?" Dragostea asked. Wuthkloviing could hear the slightest of waver in her voice - whether it was from anticipation or fear, he did not know.

"Aye, this dragon before you is Sahvahrukt. Hi fent kos grin," Wuthkloviing answered before Paarthurnax. Torlin noticed the similarity in the coloring of both Wuthkloviing and Sahvahrukt.

Are you related?

Not closely. We are more bound by age rather than blood.

In Torlin's opinion, the answer made no sense, but the Redguard knew better than to argue.

"Now, since she has arrived, shouldn't we give them their Blessing?" Filkunah asked after nodding respectfully to Sahvahrukt, eager to repeat the sacred rite. Paarthurnax looked up to the skies as he calculated when would night fall.

"Soon, Filkunah. Sahvahrukt was summoned here in a very short notice, let her catch her breath," Paarthurnax said calmly.

"Pruzah wah koraav hi einzuk, shir fahdon. Zu'u hind hi dreh ni hah fah nahlii grin wah Zoriik? Faal Mudozaan worax tol hi lost pruzaan poguk fah daar Siigonis," he continued in dovahzul for a good while. Filkunah whispered the translation to Dragostea so that she could understand what was said.

Derino laughed hard. "Achievement get: embarrasing your Zoriik! Hahaha!!" He continued laughing while Esko rolled his eyes. He scooted out of the way. Nice to meet...oh, whatever. He mumbled under his breath. Dragons. Sometimes, you just get the wrong one.

'What was that?'

'Really, dragon? That was quite the bad image made there.'

His dragon just chuckled more. Esko shook his head.

((FYI, the achievement get thing would be a reference to video games, which don't exist, and we need an OOC thread.))

Fenandre's stomach growled loudly, and a bit embarrassed, he said, "Since Savahrukt is tired, can we eat well she catches her breath?" Iilahvrii rolled her eyes and complained even more loudly than Fenandre's stomach, "Do boys think about anything besides food? We just got here!" But then, her stomach started making noises as well, and she quickly added, "On the other hand, a meal sounds quite nice at the moment."

Good to see you again, dear friend. I hope you do not mind becoming bonded to a Rider? The Greybreads saw that you were the best option for this Argonian.

Dragostea turned the translation of Paarthurnax's words over in her head after Filkunah whispered them to her. So far, Sahvahrukt seemed to be an older dragon, a little like the dragon called Wuthkloviing. Dragostea wondered what the dragon thought of her. The Argonian didn't like the idea of Sahvahrukt potentially refusing the Bond.

Luckily, when Filkunah had asked about the Blessing, Paarthurnax had said to let Sahvahrukt catch her breath, which meant Dragostea had some time to compose herself as well. She decided it might be a good idea to talk to some of the other riders and get to know them. There was that wolf-eared fellow who'd landed at her feet, and the Breton bonded to Wuthkloviing, and the one named Fenandre… as well as Filkunah and Dinorn.

Almost as soon as Paarthurnax suggested letting Sahvahrukt rest, Dragostea heard Fenandre's stomach growl. "Since Sahvahrukt is tired, can we eat while she catches her breath?" Only when Fenandre brought up the topic of food did Dragostea realize that she was also starving, not to mention physically exhausted from the trek up the mountain.

Fenandre's dragon Iilahvrii made a comment about boys and food, to which Dragostea replied with a wry smirk, "I don't know about boys, but food occupied most of my thoughts. I'm ready for a meal." Shreev's ears perked up, and he let out a bark. "Shreev says he's hungry, too. But just to be sure… dogs are allowed in High Hrothgar, right?" If not, they would have a problem, because Dragostea wasn't about to abandon the mutt. He'd started to grow on her. She wondered to herself what Sahvahrukt thought of dogs - and of her soon-to-be Rider.

Hope she likes me. Dragostea would probably kill something else if this trip turned out to be for nothing.

~~~

"Faal Mudozaan worax tol hi lost pruzaan poguk fah daar Siigonis," Paarthurnax finished in dovahzul, his voice calm and full of a quiet hope. Sahvahrukt considered his words thoughtfully. The Greybeards believe they have finally found a match for me? And the morning had started out so simply.

If judging solely by first impressions, this young Argonian seemed a little brash, perhaps stubborn - but she was also powerful. Sahvahrukt presumed that the shout she had overheard earlier had come from the Argonian, since none of the other new riders were proficient in Storm Call. The Argonian displayed great potential. Sahvahrukt was a very patient dragon, and she had started waning into her later years. Theirs would be an interesting match. "Yes," she rumbled softly, "I will accept the Bond, after we rest and eat."

The Argonian was talking to the other riders, discussing food and her furry four-legged companion. The dog's peppy barks and curious attitude were things that Sahvahrukt found endearing, in an amusing way. She had little doubt that the Greybeards would deny the Argonian's wish to keep the dog by her side. While she still needed to rest properly before the blessing, the red-orange dragon stepped around Paarthurnax and made her way over to the young riders and their dragons.

Clearing her throat softly to acquire the Argonian's attention, Sahvahrukt paused and waited until the young female turned to look at her. "Greetings," she rumbled, "My name is Sahvahrukt. Might I inquire as to the name you bear?"

The Argonian looked mildly intimidated for a second, but she soon straightened up and focused on Sahvahrukt with a steely eye. "Dragostea," she said proudly. "My name's Dragostea. Your destined Rider, or so Paarthurnax and the Greybeards told me."

Sahvahrukt chuckled and nodded. "Indeed. I intend to honor Paarthurnax's wishes and become your bonded dovah."

((Bump.

So, since Gildraug is on vacation, who takes over as OP?))

((Well in the past I have but I've been pretty busy lately plus last time I talked about it a lot with Gildraug))

((Yeah. And I am sure I wouldn't do too great of a job sad.gif ))

He kinda asked me, but no one posted recently, so I wasn't sure what was going on...

((Kinda got nothing to respond too..

'Kay, lemme squish something out))

Esko watched the thing going on. Wow. This dragon was probably about as old as Wuthy, but much more enthusiastic to be bonded to a Zoriik. Esko was tempted to sarcastically clap, but he held it back. He didn't need to set more bad impressions, he already did. His ears flickered. Would they ever stop?

Derino whacked his Zoriik in the back, making him stumble forward a few feet. He looked angrily at his dragon.

'WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!

'Go on! Strike up a conversation!'

'I swear, scalebag, just...stop.'

The dragon chuckled, and Esko huffed. Was this gonna be fun...

((Sorry to bother, but I sent Gildraug a form with no idea they were out on vacation. Do any of you have the authority to accept whilst their gone or is it just a waiting game?))

((Send it to Lumi. Gil asked her, after all))

((Bump. If this keeps going on, I will take charge))