Gildraug

Dragon Riders

Hira lifted her head a little to glare at the door before closing her eyes and laying her head down once again. She layed like that for awhile, reaching for Osley, eventually she got up and rummaged through her bag. Osley must have gone somewhere Hira came out of her room, bringing her bag with her and waved at Dinorn, going off to explore the inside of High Hrothgar.

Esko woke up to the knocking. His legs felt much better, but he didn't want to wake up. He thought the bed was comfy, and he didn't want to leave it. But he knew better, for with the thieves, waking up late would be punishable by no meals or humiliation. So he got up quickly and greeted Dinorn.

"Where's the food?" He asked tiredly. When he was shown, he stomped down and walked in, noticing that it was only the Greybeards and that guy named Torlin. Never got to know him much. the only one who talked to me at all out of us newbies was Hira, and she didn't talk much. Am I that unfriendly looking, or are they afraid I will pick pocket their stuff? I don't want to start off bad in this new life. The fart was bad enough....

Grrrrrrr.....

His stomach was rumbling. He was given some bread, some cheese, and cooked meat. As half werewolf, he loved meat. For a simple breakfast, it was much better than thief camp food. maybe this new life isn't so bad after all. Hopefully I won't have anymore gas. And one of my biggest rules: don't be attracted to girls. he learned growing up that falling in love can lead to trouble: you might hesitate in robbing them, they might take atvantage of that. And they might have your baby. None of the thieves there were dads, and it wouldn't be good to the first one. So much other bad stuff can happen. at least I'm not there. But there are rules about that kind of stuff here, I assume. Esko's thoughts soon became about his sandwich that he made out of the food he was given. maybe this life will be better than the last. But I must keep charging forward: leaving the past and going to the future...

((Greetings for I am a potato! Joking, I'm the new guy biggrin.gif ))

Whiskey emerged from the cave, hefting a large bag of loot he'd liberated from the bandits within.

Ahh the mighty assassin returns from his quest into the heart of darkness! The loud voice of Vulomven boomed in his head.

Whiskey's ears twitched slightly and he frowned as the Dragons head appeared around the rocky wall that masked the cave entrance.

Mmm, they won't be bothering Falkreath any longer... Whiskey said back to the dragon, too lax to use his own mouth to speak.

The old dragon burst into laughter his rough voice sounding like he was gargling gravel.

"Ha ha! Zu'u ahmin hi los ahraan, I notice you are freshly injured! Perhaps the mighty assassin failed in the art of stealth and decided to add another scar to the mural?" The dragon mused gazing at the pale bandage wrapped around Whiskey's arm.

Whiskey paused and looked at the dragon with dull eyes.

"They had dogs," He said, obviously trying to end the conversation. This only incited Vulomven to laugh louder.

"Aha! The mighty assassin, the master of stealth was brought down by a mutt? Perhaps this would insight you to bathe more frequently," He continued to muse, as Whiskey walked up onto his wing and dully sat down on the back of the dragon.

"You speak too much... and in the common tongue, surely Paarthurnax would be dissapointed that an old dragon like yourself would be taking too much to us mortals," Whiskey snapped coldly.

"Mu lost hahnuv kobiil, we have a mental link little one. You're just trying to divert me from the fact that you were bested by a dog!" Vulomven said. He raised his wings and launched into the air.

Dogs! Whiskey insisted angrily.

Vulomven just chuckled and flew towards Falkreath. When they reached it Whiskey leaned off the side of the dragon and released the pouch of loot, keeping a few coins for himself as deduction for his services.

With ease Vulomven rotated his body in the air and turned towards High Hrothgar, his wings bringing them to the mountain fortress in a short time.

Ahh looks like we'll make it back just in time for breakfast! The dragon said, judging the time by the position of the sun. He landed in the courtyard behind the main building of the fort, making the built up slow fly around him. Whiskey slid off the dragon and walked towards the building.

What not even a goodbye? I could lose my life in the hunt! Valomven exclaimed with mock sadness in his voice.

I wish it could be good riddance, however, you'll just come backWhiskey replied, not looking back as he heard the beating of his partners wings and the dragon set off after his fellows to find food.

He opened the door to the building and walked straight towards the area for dining. Arriving he saw the greybeards and a few new whelps.

He sat down next to Thonro and quickly helped himself to the food. The greybeard looked expentantly at him, but Whiskey held up his injured hand as he swallowed his food.

"The mission was successful, but the intelligence failed to mention that the bandits held dog fights... and used the dogs that weren't in cages to sniff out predators," He said solemnly.

He turned his gaze on the two new faces frowning.

"I see we have new whelps... I'm sorry I missed the ceremony," He said, the notion in his voice heavily implied that he wasn't sorry he missed the ceremony.

(Welcome! Glad you made it on time!)

"Welps. I understand you lost to a mutt weaker than a wolf, so I don't see why you are calling new people welps." Esko was ticked off by the panther's remark. "Woah. That is a lot of scars. Did you wrestle your dragon once?" He was amazed at the maze of scars on the cat person. He didnt like this guy already. wait, we have something in common-we both have trouble looking friendly

"Let's not cause trouble. My name is Esko. And you are?" He held out his hand. Esko knew he wasn't sorry about the ceremony. Like I care. Well, might as well not start problems with this guy. When the hell will Derino get back? I wonder if he went hunting... He noticed that the guy didn't even seem to have a history of smiling. me neither. Esko started sharpening his dagger.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Hira eventually found her way to the room. and listened to Esko's comment. "Good morning." She'd head over to the table and sit down grabbing a piece of bread." She glanced at Whiskey from the corner of her eye. "It is nice to meet you I suppose. My name Is Tsabhira" She started looking through her bag with her free hand once more before closing it. She turned her attention to Esko and Torlin. "Did you two have a good night?"

"Whiskey, don't ask about the name," He responded as the Kahjiit walked into the room.

He then turned his eye back towards the whelp.

"You are probably too young to realise how dog fights work. People raise these dogs to tear each others throats out the moment they smell their scent. Whats more the majority would be able to overpower a redguard," He said calmly, ignoring the hand held out to him.

"Also don't try and take a superior tone, its quite evident that you are the youngest here... perhaps you may not believe that I would be capable of putting you down, but please take a good look at my attire... that should put your young mind at ease," He stated, emphasising the word young.

Putting the whelps out of his mind he turned his head back towards Thonro.

"Tell me, has Dinorn returned from his mission yet?" He asked.

The greybeard nodded and gazed off towards the sleeping quarters.

Whiskey nodded in reply and then returned to his food.

Young. That word bounced around in his mind. Young. He was treated like an adult as long as he could remember. At the camp, young wouldnt be mentioned. It didn't matter if he was three or thirteen. well, things are different now. I am treated like a 14 year old, no matter how much skill I have. I'll show this guy...I am no welp! And like I knew much about dog fights! Our camp didn't have the time for that nonsense. Maybe I should shut up. Esko gave an unhappy look to the Zoriik and kept eating. he wondered why most of these people didn't talk to each other. He shrugged it off and ate.

((Sorry, guys, I had to made my way into the train before I got Wi-Fi biggrin.gif))

Torlin stood up to greet Whiskey, offering his hand.

"Pleased to meet you, sir. I am Torlin, from a family of sellswords," he chuckled and bowed his head, before returning back to his dinner. "I slept well, thank you for asking Tsabhira. It feels quite nice to be here and it's a relief - I was nervous."

"No need t' be," Dinorn chuckled as he entered the room. "It's quite normal t' be nervous 'n th' beginning." He then greeted Whiskey enthusiastically, happy to have his friend back.

"You've gott'n new scars," he remarked with a smirk. "I bet it's a tale t' tell." Dinorn then fell silent, rubbing his throat unconsciously. He rarely talked this much and his throat hurt.

The Greybeards, silent as ever, left the room after they were done eating.

"Where are they going?" Torlin asked, confused should they follow them.

"Outside. They'll call when-" Dinorn stopped for a moment and took a deep breath before continuing: "- when th' lessons start."

"I see," Torlin nodded and then felt a tingle in his mind - Wuthkloviing was coming back.

'Good to see your mental abilities do not belong to a rock,' Wuthkloviing marked dryly.

'H-how was the hunt?'

'The only exciting part was choosing between taking a frozen or charred mammoth meat.'

'Which one did you take?'

'Charred. No need to mess around with the hair.'

Torlin didn't know what to reply, so he only said something along the lines 'I see' and then focused on getting to know his classmates.

"So, you're Esko, right? How come do you have the attributes of a wolf? I'm sincerely curious," Torlin asked Esko.

While the students started chattering, Dinorn turned back to Whiskey. With a lifted eyebrow and a tilted head, he silently asked: 'How was the mission?'.

Whiskey ignored the introduction of the other new Dovah, he was obviously of higher quality than the wolf whelp but still not worthy of much attention.

"It was succesful," Whiskey said, turning his attention to his senior. "Albiet my cover was blown almost straight away thanks to their dogs, but Falkreath should be fine from bandits for at least a few days," Whisky finished.

Do I sense a hint of joy? The loud voice of Vulomven blared in Whiskey's mind.

Whiskey scoweled and looked back at Dinorn.

"Sometimes I'm tempted just to return to Markarth and go back to being a pure assassin... and rid this world of that loud mouth dragon," He said, his voice oozing with malice. He then pulled out a small flash from his pocket and took a long draught of it.

He shook his head and sighed, "This is the only thing that keeps me from just snapping his neck and absorbing his essence," He affirmed Dinorn, pausing he looked down at the drink, "I guess that is one thing me and him have in common".

"Hm, that should be easy, Torlin. My mom had some fun times with my dad, thinking he was human to defy her parents. Turns out, he was a werewolf, which she found out on the next full moon. I got the wolf aspects from my dad, but sadly, every full moon, I get the same werewolf transformation thingy. In the thief camp, they locked me up in chains till dawn. I always have these ears and tail, though. He only reason I know this is because I bribed a thief who knew to give me the story." Said Esko, remembering what the thief told him. He noticed that Whiskey didn't look interested. The cat person probably hated his guts now. The word young still rang in his mind. He still didn't hear his dragon yet. probably doesn't speak much

Dinorn gave a short chuckle and could feel Filkunah's amusement.

'Good, you're back. The training probably begins soon. Do you think the Greybeards will give us a mission soon?'

'Hopefully! The last one was way too easy - I need some action!' Filkunah complained and Dinorn sighed.

Torlin's amazed voice broke through Dinorn's thinking: "So you're a werewolf? Wow, we once encountered one of your kind, although he had lost himself into the beast blood and was rampaging through the country, so we were requested to end him. It was quite a fight."

Soon after the students were done eating their breakfast, a gong could be heard. Dinorn signaled the students to follow him and they walked to the main hall, where the Greybeards were standing in a row.

"Today, we shall start with the development of your bond with your dovah. The bond has started to form, but we must ensure it is a healthy one. After this, we shall test your level of skill in all aspects - this will help us plan your lessons. Now, let us go outside."

Outside, the yesterday's cold wind had calmed down a little. A cold autumn sun shone up in the sky and the shadow of the mountain loomed on part of the yard.

"Now, call your dovah and begin to have a conversation - share memories and experiences, your knowledge and ideals. Follow the example of your seniors."

With that, Dinorn stepped forward and Shouted: "Fil Kun Ah!" His rasping voice echoed in the yard, before broken by Filkunah's cheerful roar as she dived from the summit of the mountain, landing not so gracefully in front of her Zoriik. Dinorn touched Filkunah's forehead with his hand and then closed his eyes - they obviously started having a deeper conversation.

"Now, you try," one of the Greybeards said.

"W-Wuth Klo Viing!" Torlin's slightly shaky Voice cut the momentary silence. Silently like death, the ancient dragon glided down and created a gust of wind that made snow fly in every direction as he landed. He then stretched his neck forwards, glaring at Torlin as he did so. The poor Zoriik felt absolutely terrified of the ancient dragon, but nevertheless, reached towards him.

'You have to learn to control your emotions,' Wuthkloviing noted. His voice was now the clearest it had been, full of rich tones.

'Sorry.' Torlin replied. He didn't know what to say next, but Wuthkloviing radiated knowledge and wisdom - his experience with a few earlier Zoriik made the dragon confident. Torlin felt a little better.

'Good. Now, if I gave every single bit of my knowledge, your brain would probably explode. Thus, I shall not give everything now - but rather, over a long period of time.' Torlin understood this.

'But you could tell me about you,' the ancient said.

Torlin felt very uncomfortable of the idea of sharing everything he knew, but he knew how crucial this was. So, he opened his mind fully to the ancient dragon and allowed him to search through his memories. It wasn't exactly an uncomfortable feeling - rather, Torlin felt a little better.

'You have very little experience. Sixteen summers is a blink of an eye to me, but for you it's a lifetime,' Wuthkloviing chuckled.

'But you'll make progress, unless you're an idiot.'

Torlin wasn't sure whether or not he was an idiot.

Here's the thing: im part elf, so I can actually control myself during the full moon. Ehh, ill tell him later if he asks again. Or show him next full moon.

When Esko went to call his dragon, he felt nervous. Then he stamped his foot down and yelled, "Krah Fiit Nel!!"

It was a few moments, but then the great sea blue dragon appeared, sending snow in all directions. He looked like an elder dragon, and he never spoke to him, so maybe. Derino didnt sound like he had an elder dragon name, but Esko could be wrong. Derino didnt make a peep. maybe he expects me to speak first. Okay then. 'Are you an elder dragon? '

'Im 3000 years old, but I wasnt too involved in the whole Dragonborn episode.' an icy voice told

Esko. ' Oh. Well, do you talk to Paarthunax and Wuthloving?'

'Actually, lots. I even have nicknames! Wuthy and Paarx. Paarx is fine, but Wuthy gets ticked off often. Poor Torlin. That's his name, right?'

'Yeah. You are talkative'

'Of course. I mean, not as much as Paarx, but more than Wuthloving. He always says I say his name wrong. Poor Torlin. He is in for a ride.'

'Yeah.' Esko thought he now had a chance at a bond with his dragon. Then he felt the elder searching his mind. Esko decided not to fight, but he let Derino search.

'Inexperienced, young one. Dont worry, you will be taught and then master your abilities.

Esko felt comforted, then snuck a peek at Wuthkloviing and Torlin and wondered what kind of conversation they were having.

((I'm you nightmare! Just kidding, I'm a new kid, whose character might not be up yet tongue.gif ))

The sound of dragons roars, were heard far down the mountain, just at the base. A figure gulped from fear, and excitment of 7000 steps. She had been on a very long journey from her home in Valenwood, though she was a High Elf. Her feet glided up the fist step, then another, and another.

She thought quietly, sticking to the edges of the stairs, If the stairs are a test, what are they trying to show? Malice? Theives? Then what about the door? What will happen at the door? She had not even completed the first thousand steps, and her mind was already filled with two puzzles, not to mention the company of the wolves in the land beside her. She looked at them, and smiled as they faded further from the edge of the of the lands, returning to their lives.

The journey was long, and the smell of breakfast was tempting her faster, and overriding her thoughts. She started to go faster, in hopes that she fill be welcomed more warmly than everywhere else she had been. Her kind were not warmly welcomed. She sighed in frustration, but a slight smile came across her face, as she started to see hints of the top of the stairs. The wind whipped around her for a slight moment, before returning to it's calm state. Culuma started to move even faster, breaking into a run. Her excitment bearly containable.

Then, the gate loomed before her, and all merriment drained from her. Culuma looked at it, and felt a slight prickle of wards. She took her staff, which she usually held, and laid it down, along with her bow, and waited. A single gate door opened, and she picked up her bow and staff. Culuma headed into the gate doors, before they shut firmly behind her. She felt the nerves, now, heavier than before, as she had walked in during a lesson of others, she bowed her head, apologeticly.

At the sound of opening gates, Dinorn whipped his blades out and Filkunah crouched low; Wuthkloviing had opened his jaws and Torlin barely had the time to wonder what happened before the Greybeards lifted their hands.

"Lower your weapons, still your Thu'um! She is but another prustiik!" they yelled in unison, and the Dovah Zoriik calmed down.

"Wh-why didn't she come yesterday, if she is a Zoriik?" Torlin asked.

"Nii trun ni - rek lost bo," Paarthurnax rumbled as he flew down, alongside a blue frost dragon, Skalaer. "Drem yol lok, Culuma. You are very young, but it should not hinder your studies."

"We shall give you your greeting. Come forth and hear it," the Greybeards said. They took Culuma to the same place where the other Zoriik had been yesterday and gave her the Greeting:

"Lingrah krosis saraan Strundu'ul, voth nid balaan klov praan nau.

Naal Thu'umu, mu ofan ni nu, Dovahkiin, naal suleyk do Kaan, naal suleyk do Shor, ahrk naal suleyk do Atmorasewuth.

Meyz nu Ysmir, Dovahsebrom. Dahmaan daar rok!"

"'Long has the Stormcrown languished, with no worthy brow to sit upon. By our breath we bestow it now to you in the name of Kyne, in the name of Shor, and in the name of Atmora of Old. You are Ysmir now, the Dragon of the North, hearken to it.' Those are the Words we Shouted at you - and you are true Dovah Zoriik, for few can resist the full power of the Greybeards. Well done. Welcome home, Dovahkiin."

"Valokein hofkiin," Dinorn said solemnly and the others repeated his words.

Paarthurnax indicated Skalaer to step forward as the Greybeards came closer to Culuma.

"Culuma, your partner shall be Skalaer. We will bind you with this shout: Fo Ven Od. Remember it well."

Then the Greybeards linked the Dovah and the Zoriik.

"Aal fil kun hin ven fod vulon los ahk vul wah koraav. Rah kogaan voknau hi."

The ceremony was done.

"Well, this all is happening quite quickly to you at the moment," Haaki mused. "However, our first lesson is merely improving the bond between you and your Dovah."

"Vos zey grist hi wah hin vorul liin. They are Vallisa, Torlin, Esko and Tsabhira. Dinorn and Whiskey are graduated students," Paarthurnax said. Torlin smiled and gave a wave to the young high elf when his name was mentioned, Dinorn gave a nod.

"Now, how is your lesson going?" Paarthurnax enquired.

"Hah. This whelp is as smart as this stone," Wuthkloviing scowled and wrenched a pebble from the frozen earth and presented it to his Zoriik. Torlin wished he could've just go underground and Dinorn winced in sympathy. Paarthurnax said nothing, but continued to the next student.

'The old dragon has gone a bit too far,' Filkunah snarled in Dinorn's mind.

'Hush, you're making my head ache.'

'But he can't just say something like that to his Zoriik! Especially in front of everyone!' she continued.

'I said hush - Paarthurnax didn't comment on Wuthkloviing's actions. So we shouldn't either.'

'The geezer isn't always right.'

'Filkunah! What happened to your respect for the elders?'

'Never had one,' Filkunah said smugly, which caused Dinorn to close his eyes and sigh.

Vallisa ate breakfast quickly with the others, but preferred to say anything. Viper was back not long after she had finished. He had turned out to be quite the chatterbox in her head, though not around others.

"So I guess the dragon must have thought I was unable to protect myself, so he went in to try and chase me out - they were his hunting grounds, you know? So he was all snapping jaws and orange fire - but I just sort of pranced out of the way and spewed some green fire at him. So he was like, really startled I guess, because the color of my flames seemed to have stunned him. By the time he realized what had happened I was already miles away. Idiot." Viper snickered as they walked side by side. Viper froze midstep and tilted his head. "Come, something is happening. Climb on my back and I can run there - it will indeed be quicker."

Vallisa clumsily climbed on the mostly black dragon's back and Viper took off running, tail whipping out behind him. In a mere minute they were at the gates (not that they were that far away) and Vallisa slid of her dragon's back. "Another arrival - and a girl this time, thank goodness." She told Viper through their link.

"Sexist." Viper mumbled. The Nord looked at her dragon with a raised eyebrow. "Seriously?" She mouthed and Viper made a deep growling huff, something that could only be considered laughter. "Whatever." She mumbled, turning to the newcomer. She waved and gave a friendly smile. She heard Paarthurnax ask how the lesson was going. "Viper never shuts up." She said, loud enough for only her dragon and Paarthurnax to hear.

Viper huffed. "You enjoy my stories, admit it." He said, butting her gently with his head. Vallisa rolled her eyes but grinned goodnaturedly.

"I'll never admit it!" She declared, shoving him back. It had no effect, of course, but their exchange was amusing none the less.

Edited by polaristar

Paarthurnax hummed happily as he saw how Vallisa and Viper had formed a steady bond already.

"Keep up the good work, you two," he smiled and then moved on to the next pair.

Dinorn had gotten tired of standing and had climbed on Filkunah's back, resting there and scratching Filkunah's neck.

'Reminds me of us in the beginning,' Dinorn said with a hint of nostalgia in his thoughts as he observed Vallisa and Viper.

'Hm... Well, you didn't talk aloud anything, though - I had to say everything for you, already then!' Filkunah growled, but with good humor. Dinorn just laughed.

Torlin couldn't hide a pang of jealousy as he noted how well the others were faring with their dragons. Wuthkloviing sensed this and his tail twitched.

'What is it?' he asked, irritation flowing into Torlin's mind.

'Nothing, I just-' he started, but was cut off by the sharp voice of the dragon.

'Want to complain? Listen here, whelp, I do not have the patience to listen your whining and complaining. Are you a man or a elk? No, elk would be a compliment, wait... Oh yes, are you a man or a skeever? Because you seem to lack the skill to stand up for yourself after living in the protection of your family all your life,' Wuthkloviing sneered. Torlin could not understand why the old dragon seemed to hate him.

'I would like to know if you always treat your Zoriik like this,' Torlin sighed, his own anger rising.

'Of course not. But none of my previous Zoriik were idiots,' Wuthkloviing snorted. Torlin's mouth hung open.

'So you only hate me, right?'

'Nobody said anything about hating.' Torlin could hear the lie.

'Then what is your problem with me?'

Wuthkloviing turned his gaze upon Torlin and glared at him.

'My problem with you is your very existence. Do you want to know how my previous Zoriik perished? By the blade of a hired Redguard. Someone just like you. A filth,' Wuthkloviing snarled, malice seeping into Torlin's mind.

The ancient dragon turned away from his Zoriik.

"I think our bonding is done for the day," he announced to the Greybeards. "Make sure he doesn't jump off the cliff or something." With that remark, Wuthkloviing flew away. Torlin just stood there, still looking like someone hit him with a club. No other dragon had left and now he just stood there alone.

Filkunah, and Dinorn on her back, walked to Torlin and gently poked him with her snout.

"You okay?" Filkunah asked. Torlin nodded, but his eyes were glazed over.

'Whatever Wuthkloviing said, it was poisonous,' Dinorn marked. 'Hopefully they can fix it alone.'

Esko looked at the newcomer. "Hm. If this one didnt come yesterday, I'm sure more will. Hello, my name is Esko. And you are?" Esko's hand reached out, ready for a handshake. a girl. Maybe, once she tells me her name, she might tell me her age. Esko then looked at Derino, who's deep blue eyes stared at the newcomer. Esko glared at his dragon.

'hey, giant flying lizard. It is rude to stare.'

'Hey. Just looking. Pretty cute, huh?'

'Old fart. We probably look like fools right now'

'Correction: you look like a fool.'

Oldie Esko thought, as he felt the stares of the people watching their glare-fight.

"Sorry for that, newcomer. I have an idiot of a dragon. Don't mind him and his stares."

poor Torlin. His dragon must be a jerk. Derino can tell more about it later, guess.

i wonder if they wonder what goes on in each other's heads.

Culuma felt a whirwind of actions, her mind raced as weapons were raised, then lowered. She felt trapped, and alone, then she wasn't.

Do not fear me, lil one. Though you did not pay attention... I'm Skalaer, call me to you using these words Fo Ven Od. Now, lets pull out into a corner so that I can de riddle you. He nudged her, as she tried to get names. "Excuse u-" He looked up as Wuthkloviing left. She felt the chill of his snout on her shoulder seeping into her skin. She watched as they went over to him, but she couldn't, there was a puzzle that she had to figure out.

I do not fear you, unless you give me cause. May I touch your scales? She had her hand out, facing him completely, ignoring the others now. She felt his head touch her outstretched hand and she smiled, a warmth that was her own. She started to look through his memories as he did the same. He pulled back when she reach his days of youth where he hurt himself, and she did in turn when a spell went wrong for her.

You have more yet to learn than magic.

Life is one big puzzle I intend to figure out. You're my partner, my Dovah til death of one of us. She leaned forward, her head resting on her hand slightly, her smile fading.

You're a fool... Puzzles aren't everything. Skalaer backed up, and took flight, leaving her to the sting of his words. Her eyes closed as her eyes tried to tear up, the cold seemed harsher to her now, and her puzzle-filled him went into a cold silence.

Esko lowered his hand. Did this newcomer ignore him? Well, he wasn't surpriesed. The only people who talked to him were Hira(brief) Torlin(question) and Whiskey(rudeness) . And of course, his dovah, and Paarthurnax and the Greybeards, the ones who had to talk to him. Esko wasn't hurt: just a little annoyed by the fact that him getting ignored happens way to often nowadays. He stood, wondering if his dragon would fly off

'Are you troubled, young one?'

'Nah, just fine.'

'This life is completely different, isn't it.'

'Well, let's think. I meet people from all over because some men called us forward. I have some importance in this world besides pick-pocketing and teasing guards, and I am stuck with a 3000 year old salamander with wings till I die or you die. What do you think?'

'I see. Very well then. I must be off, for I see that dragons are starting to leave. I will go talk to Wuthy, see what troubles him.'

'Good luck with that.'

'Trust me, I'm not his Zoriik. I can handle him. After all, I handled him for 3000 years.' and with a few loud wingbeats, he was gone.

Esko looked at the rest of the Zoriik. not only am I stuck with a reptile, but with these people, too. Well then.

"Let's go introduce ourselves to her." Vallisa told Viper, walking towards the girl. Her dragon, Skaeler, had just flown off and the girl looked to be on the verge of tears. "Hey. I'm Vallisa, and this is Viper. Why don't we go inside and get out of the cold?" She suggested with a friendly smile.

"That was sooo smooth." Viper remarked sarcastically.

"Oh shut up, you great oaf!" Vallisa fired back. With a grin, she discreetly motioned for Viper to say or do something.

"A pleasure to meet you." Viper said kindly, nudging her gently in greeting.

"I'm glad there's another girl around - I'd be surrounded by a bunch of guys! Not that I'm complaining." Vallisa told her with an impish grin.

she better not be complaining. Or I'll smack her upside the head.

"Now, if you didn't hear me before, my name is Esko, and I hope you are not deaf.unless you ignored me because I got distracted with my idiot dragon. I can understand that" Esko had said, approaching the new person. "As you see, I am a newcomer as well. Came yesterday." Esko held out his hand once again. The slit in his glove wasn't visible (it was on his other hand) . He hoped his dragon wouldn't pop out and anger him again, for he nee-

'yoo-hoo! Guess who?'

Esko ignored and acted as if nothing had happened, still holding out his hand.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Culuma looked at Vallisa, her eyes empty, her heart heavy, she felt the nudge of Viper, and she felt as if she was going to fall apart. "I'm Culuma, or Llaala Sadri if you find me at home." She nodded back at Viper, but the first tear had started to build up.

Skalaer, why are you so mean to me? Am I just a hinderance to you?

No... I'm teaching you. Solving a riddle for you. So quiet came his voice, but she still heard him.

"I'm glad, I'm not the only girl here, too." She smiled at her sadly, her emotions getting the best of her. Then she turned to Esko. "Nice to meet you. Sorry, but I don't shake hands." She blinked a few times, trying to stop the tear from falling. She was a High Elf, and she was supposed to keep calm. Her mind started churning again, and her eyes dried, but not before she wiped away the tear.

Vallisa smiled, partially in sympathy. "Come, let's get you something to eat." She said, motioning towards the doors. "You can go now, if you'd like." She told Viper. The dragon huffed but nodded slightly before backing away and launching himself into the air and flying off. Chuckling, the Nord patted Culuma's shoulder and led her towards the kitchen. Pausing for a moment, she turned her head to see Esko. "Oh, and Esko? Nice to meet you." She said cordially before turning and walking again.

Tsabhira made a face and went to tap Vallisa's Shoulder. "Um Surrounded by guys if she wasn't here? Hoping you didn't forget me." She crossed her arms then glanced at Osley. The dragon made her way over to stand by her partner.

"Do I not look like a girl Osley? Has she just inored me?"

"Hira maybe you shouldn't focus on that maybe talk to Torlin he looks upset. Maybe cause of Wuthy"

"Yeah yeah Your right Osley."

Hira turned her attention towards Culuma "Nice to meet you." She then went over to Torlin and studied his face. "What happened Torlin?"

Culuma nodded, and repeated the greeting, though she didn't hear a name, to put to the face. She followed Vallisa to the kitchen. Her eyes looking around at the place as she did. Her mind filled with puzzles that she could solve, but they became useless to her, as she already figgured them out before. She kept working for different ways to apply her spells then, looking to see if that would help her find an answer to why...

You're thinking on the wrong set.

What?

She tried another set, not bothering to listen, she felt like it was the wrong, but right set. She worked on those. They made more sence, and she got further with them than she had earlier.