StormWizard212

Encyclopaedia: option to turn off Observed Dragons

So here's what I posted in the general thread before it was closed. I'm really keen to see something like this implemented, so I thought I'd post it in its own thread.

I'm not sure if this has already been suggested at some stage, but one thing I'd love to see in the encyclopaedia is the option of turning off "observed" progression.

Currently, you can unlock breeds into ways: growing dragons yourself or observing them. Yes, the required observations is a lot higher, but it's still far too easy for my personal taste. I know there are some people who really love this feature and have already used it, and I do think it's a great feature to have, but I just want to have the option to turn it off for my own scroll.

My reasoning is this:

I want a challenge on DC. This encyclopaedia provided the perfect opportunity since everything started from zero (dragons weren't automatically unlocked for those of us with lots already) and I was really excited to have to work my way through all the breeds, collecting them again. I've barely been on DC lately, though, but what I've found is that despite my inactivity, I've accidentally unlocked a heap of breeds and actually shattered the minimum number of observations just with stuff like breeding Halloween dragons, for example. Going to their pages to check their lineages and deciding what to breed with meant that I ended up unlocking those dragons in 30 seconds rather than being able to work towards unlocking them from actually raising them. I think the raising part adds a lot more incentive and excitement to the game, at least for me.

So I'd really, really love the ability to turn off dragon observing on my own scroll so that I have to raise dragons myself to do it.

Honestly, I don't really see any down sides to something like this, since it's purely optional?

Edit: to demonstrate, I just checked and I've unlocked 26 dragons without actively doing anything. And I'd prefer if I was able to opt in to have to actually raise dragons to unlock them.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Or any other hard-to-get dragon, for that matter. GoNs and NDs come to mind!

But I suppose if you can always turn it back on...great I guess.

You could just not look at other dragons. And if you do look at one, is it really that bad? I mean, so long as you're not actively trying to look at a bunch of dragons it's not like it will make that big of an impact.

Good luck unlocking discontinued dragons without observation...

Thanks for your input, but you might notice I'm suggesting the option of turning this feature off. I'm not suggesting it be turned off for everybody or turned off by default, I'd just like the option for those of us who'd like a bit more of a challenge. smile.gif

You could just not look at other dragons. And if you do look at one, is it really that bad? I mean, so long as you're not actively trying to look at a bunch of dragons it's not like it will make that big of an impact.

My point was kind of that I haven't been trying to do anything. I've barely been on DC lately but I've still managed to accidentally unlock a lot of dragons. Actually trying to avoid looking at any at all would be kind of a hassle, especially when it comes to breeding, trading, anything that involves your dragons.