tjsweepers

Tjsweeper's Jewlery

I like to make chain maille jewelry. I know when you hear chain mail it brings to mind knights in armor and heavy metal links, but maille is the fancy, sometimes delicate stuff that just so happens to be made out of rings.

This is my first foray into using gold rings. Not even real gold but gold colored. I counted 50 swarovski indicolite crystals. I love the indicolite's color, but it picks up the gold tone and reflects greenish opposed to the blue that it is.

Rather simple design, just lots of crystals.

user posted image

This is a necklace earring combo requested by a co-worker. She made tons of little changes, the ear rings were to long, then too short. When it met with her approval, she opted to get something else I had already had made up for fun. >-<

Honestly, it looks kinda silly laying down, but it is glamorous as all get out on someone.

user posted image

user posted image

This design I found in a book and added the crystals to it. I love it.

user posted image

A Romanov flower bracelet with a cobalt glass bead.

user posted image

I have lots more stuff. i'm just posting the good stuff. lol.

Holy wow! 10/10 would not have the patience for.

These are gorgeous. I'm not normally a fan of jewelry, but I am a fan of this.

these look amazing, and the necklace has a certain glamor to it *u*

oh my goodness these are beautiful

they're jewels i would totally wear while prancing around the house and pretending to be a fancy duchess or something

please make more!!! i'll be stalking this thread they're so pretty omg <333

These are amazing! You should open a store on Etsy or something. I would totally buy from you ♥.♥

user posted image

Please pardon the huge pic, new phone and i have yet to find out a good way to shrink the pics it takes.

These are my holiday commissions, almost complete, need to put clasps on 2 of them. The centipede or what I call the 1000 curses bracelet, (the blue, second from the bottom.) keeps curling up and won't sit correctly.

I do have an etsy... its just empty right now.

I take pics during the making of a different 1000 curses bracelet, but I'm not going to put 12 huge pics up.

user posted imageuser posted image

So I was asked to make a custom pendent roughly based on a cheep Halloween costume prop. This is my take on it. Chain is a jens pend linkage and both the chain and pendent are black matte stainless steel. The center stone is a carnelian.

I really like this, LOL. I ordered 3 more from the 3d printer service. A silver, gold and another black.

I normally don't wear any jewellery at all but some of these are so beautiful that I want them so much. Ugh. D: Like really.

The second last one in the original post is beautiful! I also love the red one with the flower at the end that's from the big picture on your phone. It looks like the one with black is also attached to it but I like the red one only. tongue.gif lol. Although I mostly wear black maybe it would be better.

Ugh.

These are so nice!

Do you have like an etsy or something where people can buy them?

@ Shellybear, it depends on the piece. Most of them I can make in a hour or two, as long as I have the material on hand. The last one, the one I designed, took almost a month, a week to design then 3 weeks to get from the printing service.

@ AppleMango, My etsy is currently empty as mostly i go to shows and have no idea what i'm doing on websites. sad.gif The flower clasp is the one I like to use on the chain lace bracelets. The second to last pic in the main post and the red one both ended up with that clasp as it looks pretty on them. (so I think.) I have the frame work done for a chain lace, I think I might put some crystals in it this weekend and post it. It'll be a learning experience.

My empty etsy

I meant it looks like they're on the same clasp as in together they make one bracelet. Now looking I don't think the red one has the clasp yet.

I think they look pretty too! smile.gif

I watched a video about how to make a chainmail bracelet and it was the easiest type to make apparently but wow it looks hard! You're very talented.

If you ever figure out your etsy it's very likely that I will buy one of your bracelets except also I wouldn't be able to afford it probably. So hmmm....

Woah, that's impressive craftsmanship. (Is it craftsmanwork? I forgot.)

How'd you get interested in making jewelry?

smile.gif I like to think it's craftsmanship. Thank you. I work for a city doing electrical work on vehicles and I was always making silly little shapes out of wire. One of my coworkers who is very big into beading, made a chain maille bracelet and showed it off. I fell in love with it and wanted to make my own.

If any one wants to try it, i recamend

weave got maille

They have the jump rings needed and kits that come with everything you need.

ring lord

another good place for kits and rings, also they have a forum that has a very extensive list of different weaves. Nearly all have tutorials.

I made some more items and will have them on etsy tonight.

And yes, 3d printing. My shapeways really awesome place.

Well, it's a day late. But my etsy has 3 items in it.

I made another red chain lace bracelet and added it.

Also, I made a coupon, the code Dragoncave will give 10% off.

(Ya'll are my test group, Please please please tell me if something doesn't work)

user posted image

Edited by tjsweepers