Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

Alice nodded. It had been a bit silly to ask, but she didn't know whether there were group training sessions for some recruits. "It's nice to meet you," she said genuinely. "I haven't really met anyone else properly. Most of the agents keep to themselves in the gym room, and the scientists - well, they just observe and ask questions." She hadn't been tested much yet; only one short one to display her skill with fire. They said at first that they wanted her to grow stronger first. Alice had an appointment with the infirmary today, and they would probably be able to take off her bandage. It was probably soon that she would display her combat abilities. That was her sector, after all.

"I guess there is not much else to do until they want us out on an assignment or something" said Ghost.

By the sound of it she too had been examined in depth by Sheffield and his lackeys. While Ghost did not know the doctor's actual rank within Cadmus, he had a feeling the guy wielded a fair whack of authority.

"What do you think of Sheffield?" he asked Hellfire.

Edited by Fortune86

"The slightly crazy scientist?" Alice interlaced her fingers, letting her arms some slack. "He's okay. I haven't had too much testing yet. They wanted me healthier before seeing the limits of my abilities." She tapped her bandage. "This is probably coming off today, though. So I guess I'll find out soon enough how bad it can be. How about you?"

Seth sat there on the medical chair as the resident doctor finished up with the stitches. In his hand was a small container holding a rather large bullet which had earlier been extracted from his arm. A non fatal wound, yet one that still required treatment from an expert.

"Honestly... I feel more like a Vet than a doctor whenever your on the treatment table.." muttered the doctor as he placed his medical equipment back on the table. Seth made no visible response to the doctor's jibe, only looking down at the finished work on his arm. "Are you done?" he inquired, looking up at the doctor as he poured himself a cup of hot coffee at the other end of the room.

"Well... provided that I can trust you not to chew on the stitches... then yes we are done.." he replied, turning to look at Seth. Seth's finger twitched this time, before he stood up and reclaimed his jacket from the nearby coat rail. "I'll be off then" he finished, leaving the room.

Several seconds after he had left, the sound of a mug shattering could be heard, followed by a man's voice. "#!@%!" yelled the voice, shattered on the floor between the doctors legs were several lumps of frozen coffee.

Edited by TotallyDrow

The spirit form of the Director instantly disappeared when the doctor read some of the findings of the little experiment causing her to “wake-up” from her slumber in the corner of the room. She took in a deep breath before joining the group listening to their discovery. Ghost was dismissed leaving the director with the doctor and his staff.

Beep. Beep.

A sound echoed before the conversation with the staff could continue. Sophia looked at her watch only noticing the time and what day it was.

“Doctor if you would excuse me. I have a meeting to attend but please continue with this research.”

“Of course Director Brightham I have a concern between the two wavelengths of energy but nothing that is to serious.”

“Very well.” Sophia spoke leaving the room. As she walked down the hallway she tapped the earpiece that was located just outside her ear, connecting her with the control room. “Choose two of the new recruits to join me with my meeting please.” With that she tapped the earpiece again disconnecting from the control room and headed towards the elevator.

Ghost gave a noncommittal shrug.

"I don't know. It seems like he is just doing his job, but it feels like he gets a little too into it."

The intercom in the elevator beeped on. Ghost expecting another call for agents was just about to ignore it, but then heard his own name mentioned.

"Recruit Ghost and Recruit Hellfire to report to the Briefing room. Recruit Ghost and Recruit Hellfire to report to the Briefing room."

"Huh?"

Ghost looked up at the intercom confused. What were they wanting him for now? And they wanted Hellfire too? And not for testing by the sounds of it either. He gave the elevator's other occupant a cirsory glance before cancelling the elevator's current commands and redirecting it Floor One.

"I wonder if we are going to be disciplined for casting aspersions about the staff?" he mused.

"I think you got it right there." Alice looked up instinctively as the intercom beeped - she still wasn't used to it. As she turned her gaze away, she heard her name being called out. It wasn't the first time, but it was still surprising. And Ghost was being called as well. She giggled after a moment at his remark, hoping that it would not actually be true. It would be ridiculous if they actually did so. "Hopefully it's something more exciting than that."

Sophia stood in the elevator waiting patiently for it to reach the first floor. When it came to a halt she stepped out with arm behind her back and started making her way down the corridor. She wondered who the control room decided to pick for this meeting. It wasn’t odd that a recruit joined her in these meetings. She mainly did it so that the new recruits have an idea how certain things run around here.

The Director reached the door that lead to her meeting but she decided not to enter it just yet. She needed to wait for the recruits and explain them why they were there in the first place and from there they will continue.

The journey back up to the First Floor seemed to take no time at all. As he was closest to the door Ghost stepped out ahead of Hellfire but then stepped aside out of the way to wait for her. There wasn't really much point on matching on ahead since they were both wanted.

Glancing down the corridor he saw Brightham standing beside a door in the distance. Was she waiting for them? Did she want them for some reason?

Alice followed Ghost out, noticing how he waited for her. Feeling a small sense of comradeship, she stopped beside him and glanced across. She smiled at him apprehensively, and then gave a short sigh. "Let's do this," she murmured. Then facing her fate head on, she walked toward the Director.

It struck Sheila as a little odd that she didn't run into anyone on her way to Alderton's lab, the kind off odd that made you think everything that was and wasn't moving was out to get you. She chugged one of the coffees in an effort to calm herself down. Maybe it was just the caffeine, but she didn't think it worked.

There was somebody poking around in the lab when she got there, just regular everyday early morning work prep. She set up one of her Saint Elmo's Fires to catch her attention, which of course worked like a charm. She came out to investigate the brightness, which disappeared behind a corner. Sheila smirked as the scientist followed it.

"Like taking candy from a bored cat" she chirped.

She swaggered into the lab, locked herself in and everyone else out, and threw a Curtain up over the window in the door so she could get started finding Alderton's serum.

"Ghost... Hellfire..?" thought Seth as he turned a corner. Those two names did not seem to ring a bell to him, not surprising given that they were recruits and it wasn't everyday that they tagged along on proper missions. Seth's lack of contribution to the nurturing of new recruits may have also been a factor in his ignorance pertaining to the matter.

Whether he knew them or not though did not really matter. Brushing it aside Seth continued towards the elevator, intent on making his way back to his assigned living quarters. With his latest mission over, he surmised that he had earned some R&R.

Walking along the corridor towards the lift, Seth soon came across two people clad in full body chemical suits. Perhaps too focused on their work or simply rude, neither of them acknowledged Seth's presence in the vacinity and simply walked passed him, turning a corner at the end of the corridor and disappearing from Seth's line of sight. A scent however lingered and it was not one that Seth wanted to smell any longer. Scrunching his nose and placing a hand over, he hurried towards the lift.

Arriving at the lift doors, Seth proceeded to wait as the lift made its way back down to floor 4.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Ghost strolled down the corridor alongside Hellfire. When they were a few paces away from the Director he stopped so he could talk to her.

"Are you the one that requested us?" he asked. He still wondered why she would want a couple of recruits rather than a more experienced agent or two.

Just once could the guy in the office leave the keys behind?! It was hard enough picking locks with a kit, forget with a paperclip.

Sheila went through every drawer in the in the office, locked or otherwise, before finding a half-full test tube in a cabinet. Because, you know, test tubes had plent of earthly business being tucked away in cabinets.

"Okay, Pythia," she bounced anxiously on the balls of her feet, "time for you to show up out of nowhere and tell me I didn't just take the schmuck bait."

((Regretably, if people don't start being more active, I may have to close this RP. Not as many people joined as I hoped either.))

((Sorry for not posting guy. Work and the holiday season is keeping me permanently busy. I’ll be able to post more after the 18th))

“So to speak.” Sophia spoke looking at the pair of recruits standing before her. “Every now and then when I do my general meeting with some of the higher officials I request either two recruits or two agents to sit in with me. Today seems to be your day then so lets not keep them waiting any longer.”

The director then opened the door and entered the room. The room was well lit and filled with quite a couple of people sitting around a table. Three seats were still open which Sophia headed towards the centre chair and took in her seat.

Alice's mouth formed a small, 'o.' So they weren't going on a mission after all. That was okay. Glancing again at her companion, she headed into the room and hesitated. Her course was determined by the Director taking a seat - clearly the other two were meant for them. Alice took the seat on the left and put on a small smile, nodding to the other people in the room. Well then, this was something different...

Ghost followed Brightham and Hellfire into the metting room. So they were just going to act as what? Backup? Bodyguards? He didn't really see the point of being present while Brightham spoke with her bosses, but now wasn't the time to argue.

Nither of the people already sitting at the table returned Hellfire's smile. They sat there stony faced, a man and a woman, watching the three of them carefully. There weren't here for some friendly chitchat. This was business.

Ghost took the last available seat and kept his own expression carefully blank, waiting to see what was going to happen now.

"Director Brightham" said the woman in opening tones. "What progress has been made towards the San Marino situation?"

((Due to lack of interest and activity I have decided to close the RP. Thank you all for participating and I hope next time things will go better smile.gif))