Pestilence420

Destiny

Everything changed with the arrival of the Traveler. It sparked a Golden Age when our civilization spanned our solar system, but it didn't last. Something hit us, knocked us down. The survivors built a city beneath the Traveler, and have begun to explore our old worlds, only to find them filled with deadly foes. You are a Guardian of the last safe city on Earth, able to wield incredible power. Defend the City. Defeat our enemies. Reclaim all that we have lost. Be brave.

The next evolution of entertainment - an incredible story set within a newly-imagined, always-connected universe filled with action and adventure.

Create your character, forge your legend by defeating powerful foes, and earn unique and customizable weapons, gear, and vehicles.

Unprecedented variety of FPS gameplay that redefines the genre and breaks traditional conventions of story, cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes, combined with public and social activities.

Been waiting for this game for a year ohmy.gif I had the privilege to play the beta version when they were testing their servers and it was seriously like playing a the real game no bugs,glitches,lag etc I pre-ordered this game today and now the wait is gonna feel like weeks just 6 more days though! biggrin.gif

Is anyone else getting this game?

Sure am, which platform are you on, Pestilence? I've got it pre-ordered for the Xbox One.

I didn't end up playing the beta, nonetheless the reviews look promising for an epic adventure. I'm thinking about creating an Exo-Warlock. Which species and class did you play during the beta?

Aww I only have the ps3 xd.png

I played a little bit of all the classes and all of them are fun so I'm debating on being a hunter or warlock but I'll most likely be a warlock because they are BEAST in pvp

I was an awoken-warlock who was very.....colorful lol all my pieces of armor were different so it was pretty easy to spot me xd.png I might change my species and focus on the subclass since I almost got all of the powers in voidwalker

That's a shame, but I imagine plenty of people will be playing on both the PS3 and Xbox 360!

How is the PVP in Destiny? I'm more of a story or co-op multiplayer person, but if the PVP on Destiny is any good I might as well give it a try. Sigh, since my aim is pretty bad with a mouse and keyboard, going back to a controller is going to be a trip. xd.png

At least the people in your group wouldn't lose sight of you. I was going to ask if they can be dyed or recoloured, but I just Googled that. Seems like you can, for a cost. Bah! I just might be running around in mismatched armour for a while too.

Yeah it would just be cool to play with people from DC smile.gif

It reminds me of CoD just with more powers involved and other cool things warlock has this really boss move where you create a void that continuously hurts people trapped insides :3 But hunters have this golden gun that kills people in one shot rolleyes.gif

This is one mmo where the PvE and PvP are both really great and it wouldn't really matter which one you play smile.gif But at the time there was only 4 PvP maps and 1 mode so that kinda sucked they also have vehicles and there was one called the interceptor that was so OP it was horrible lol

Just for you :3

I can't wait to see the teleport warlock get they made you only get a certain number of powers in beta which sucked but if they released everything on beta there wouldn't be a surprise xd.png

I'll be playing on the PS4! biggrin.gif I'm stoked for this game. Since I work at GameStop, I'm co-running the midnight release for it on Monday. Yikes! But it looks awesome.

Any of you guys see the live action trailer?! It's amazing!

I love that trailer wub.gif

I download mine tomorrow since I bought it off the PSN store =3 I already know it's going to be hell at gamestop lol But I don't get the red sparrow so i'm kinda disappointed but not really xd.png

I've seen that trailer along many other including commercials lol Sooo many Destiny commercials it's ridiculous haha

Which species and class are you going to pick Shiny Hazard Sign?

*waves* 'nother PS3 Destiny player over here, at least until we get a PS4. Played during the beta for a small amount of time when they opened up access to everyone as an Awoken hunter, which is what I'll be playing come release.

Can't wait for Monday, our local Gamestop is doing a midnight release event, we're gonna try to go to it so we can pick up our copy. biggrin.gif

Can Destiny be played in third person? Because I fail hard at first person shooters. It sounds like an awesome game though.

I watched the live action trailer earlier today, it was awesome!

Thank you for the videos Pestilence. PvP looks fun, so I'm going to give it a try. I'll probably be bad at it like CoD and Halo, but hey, it still looks fun. And if that fails at least I'll have PvE. Still liking the Warlock class, though I'll have to decide on subclass. Voidwalker looks great, but Sunsinger sounds like an interesting choice for team play.

I think I'm going to be an Awoken, and I'm still deciding between Hunter and Warlock smile.gif I've always liked the thief/sneak classes of fighters, but space magic just sounds like so much fun! I don't know which subclass I'd do, though. They both sound wicked useful.

Or do I choose Gunslinger or Bladedancer?! Ahh!

Tonight is the night guys!! Just gotta wait for 1 am xd.png I kinda wish I pre-ordered from gamestop so I can have a hard copy and play at midnight but I'm letting my buddy game share off of me tongue.gif I'm such a good friend lol

Im ready for it but i wont get it for a few days. I'm going to do what I did in the beta which is play as an awoken hunter because i like my throwing knives.

I'm going to the midnight release tonight & picking up my copy for the PS4, as well as my son's copy. My son gave me a beta code while the beta was running & I was thoroughly enjoying my Awoken Hunter.

I wanted to go to the midnight release, unfortunately bus services don't run that late (on the way home, anyway). Nonetheless I picked up my copy this morning, it was bigger than I thought it would be. Saw a bunch of other people walking around with copies of the game as well, which is great. Going to start it up later this afternoon, after my coursework for the day is done.

Enjoy your midnight releases guys and gals, one day I'll go to one just to see what it's all about. biggrin.gif

If anyone wants to add me on Xbox One, my GT is Agent Ominous and my timezone is GMT +10. I'd appreciate if you let me know you're from DC, as I've had a few random requests before.

That's awesome that you and your son play, Siliskor. My mother occasionaly plays video games but she prefers PC MMOs like Guild Wars 2 and ArcheAge.

I love the smell of opening new games! **Crinkles the game wrapper** Time for an update, & then I can try playing for a few before I have to head for bed, & work in the morning.

That's awesome that you and your son play, Siliskor. My mother occasionaly plays video games but she prefers PC MMOs like Guild Wars 2 and ArcheAge.

I started my son on games when he was 3 years old. (Isn't it usually the other way around? The kid tries to get the parents involved? tongue.gif) By 6, he was pretty stiff competition in some games. He's 20 now & we still play games together.

Omg I regret buying digital xd.png But the servers are down supposedly so I find that kinda funny lol I wonder how many people are on tongue.gif Just 2 more hours for me!

@Fortune86 It's just a first person shooter

Edit: Got to level 5 tonight before I decided I was to tired lol they made it really hard to level now and playing by yourself is hard as hell xd.png Not impossible just hard it's definitely a co-op game tongue.gif

Edited by Pestilence420

got to get of off pre-order tomorrow..... xd.png which is also my b'day (10th of sep), I shall be playing on my xbox360

Those who pre-ordered at GameStop/EB Games, where is the upgraded Sparrow code supposed to be? I received every other code but that one - I either didn't notice it, or it's not in the box. I'm going down there again tomorrow, might as well ask them on my way through the shopping centre.

I've gotten to level seven, calling it a night though. Events are nigh impossible to do solo, but nobody else was around when they dropped. I got a bronze participation on one, which was cool. The first dungeon is quite brutal for someone who's used to using cover like in third person shooters, but on the other hand cowering behind the crates saved my neck a few times, got through it eventually.

My initial feel of this game for the PvE is that it is awesome!

I started my son on games when he was 3 years old. (Isn't it usually the other way around? The kid tries to get the parents involved? tongue.gif) By 6, he was pretty stiff competition in some games. He's 20 now & we still play games together.

It usually is yes, and that's how it went for my siblings and I. Gaming's a great way of sharing time together as a family, as long as it isn't Mario Kart. That's fantastic that you two have been gaming together for so long! biggrin.gif

Since it's 12:15am here on the 10th, Happy Birthday zorua!

Edited by VampiricOmen

@Fortune86 It's just a first person shooter

Thanks. Then regrettably, I won't be able to join any of you in playing.

Have fun guys!

Those who pre-ordered at GameStop/EB Games, where is the upgraded Sparrow code supposed to be? I received every other code but that one - I either didn't notice it, or it's not in the box. I'm going down there again tomorrow, might as well ask them on my way through the shopping centre.

It won't be in the box-- The sparrow DLC prints out on your final receipt (the one you get when you pick up the game).

It won't be in the box-- The sparrow DLC prints out on your final receipt (the one you get when you pick up the game).

Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

I checked the receipt but the none of the numbers on it referenced a code or sparrows. I went back today and asked them if it was on the receipt but it seems like it's on a slip of pamphlet paper in Australia (like the other codes are), which is the one I'm missing. A bit weird that it's different over here, thank you for the help though. Other people on the EB Games Australia's Facebook page are having the same issue, I think they are getting the code emailed. I've sent them a message so hopefully I'll be able to get the upgraded sparrow, if not well, I won't have a red sparrow. Still enjoying the game regardless. smile.gif

level 9 in my first day :3, also is the Australian version of gamestop eb games (I am aussie)

Yep, that's right zorua. I believe it's also called EB Games in Canada and New Zealand. smile.gif

I started a new character, kept the Warlock class and made a human instead. Would've loved to have a rotate option in the character creator as one of the hair styles looks great from the front, but not so much from the back. Still, wasn't much of a time sink to recreate my character. It's pretty funny how level 2 uncommon gear is decent right up until level 7.

Got my Red Sparrow code now, the people who run the EB Games Australia FaceBook page are awesome.

I just bought the digital download for my xbox 360 so later today or tomorrow i can play and i get a free xbox one version with it.