nlechoppa

Dinosaurs

I really like Troodon, Dromaeosaurus, Archaeopteryx, and also velociraptor. All deadly. All awesome. No Dino is awesome unless it's a psychopathic prey-slayer.

EDIT: Citipatis are cool too tho.

another edit: all dinos are cool. only some are COOL.

Edited by Fightandspawn

Ah yes, Dinosaurs. I have to say, my favourite is the Spinosaurus. A gigantic powerful beast that could easily overpower a Tyrannosaurus Rex. It's a shame it's not as popular as it should be, thanks to the fossils that were destroyed.

Ah yes, Dinosaurs. I have to say, my favourite is the Spinosaurus. A gigantic powerful beast that could easily overpower a Tyrannosaurus Rex. It's a shame it's not as popular as it should be, thanks to the fossils that were destroyed.

Spino is one of my favorite dinosaurs!

Couldn't -easily- kill a tyrannosaurus though. Could potentially win, but it is pretty low to the ground and not really built to be fighting other huge predators.

Spino is one of my favorite dinosaurs!

Couldn't -easily- kill a tyrannosaurus though. Could potentially win, but it is pretty low to the ground and not really built to be fighting other huge predators.

True that. If it gets knocked over, its back would break. I guess staying on your feet wouldn't be that easy while fighting. I'm just going by what I've learned.

True that. If it gets knocked over, its back would break. I guess staying on your feet wouldn't be that easy while fighting. I'm just going by what I've learned.

Wait spino? Nah spino was really stable. It was low enough to the ground that if something tried knocking it over it probably could have braced with its arms, and if it did fall it wouldn't be too far.

user posted image

Spino isn't actually that low to the ground. The picture you posted makes it appear that it is walking on all fours. :/ I've watched a BBC documentary that had them in it and they could pretty much extend their middle fingers to scrape the ground but walking as depicted in the picture no.

Gotta say that the microraptor is one of my favourites. It's probably the absolute closest earth has ever seen to dragons. Anchiornis huxleyi, anzu wyliei, and of course, Archaeopteryx lithographica are also among my top favorites.

Even though it's really not a dinosaur, quetzalcoatlus northropi is still awesome because it's ridiculously huge.

Spino isn't actually that low to the ground. The picture you posted makes it appear that it is walking on all fours. :/ I've watched a BBC documentary that had them in it and they could pretty much extend their middle fingers to scrape the ground but walking as depicted in the picture no.

I don't think they walked on their knuckes or anything, but spino was about that low to the ground as far as I know?

When was the BBC documentary made, was it before the short legged spino thing was discovered or

user posted image

I don't think they walked on their knuckes or anything, but spino was about that low to the ground as far as I know?

When was the BBC documentary made, was it before the short legged spino thing was discovered or

user posted image

From what i can see, that's a skeleton of another type of dinosaur.

This dino, from what i remember, starts with a D, it walked on all fours, had a bony fill and large jaws. It lived in the marshlands and used it's jaws to eat large fish at the time, or a wayward - smaller dino who had been separated from the heard.

EDIT: This is what i remember.

Edited by Taryn123

This dino, from what i remember, starts with a D, it walked on all fours, had a bony fill and large jaws. It lived in the marshlands and used it's jaws to eat large fish at the time, or a wayward - smaller dino who had been separated from the heard.

I'm no prehistory expert, but are you thinking of a Dimetrodon (not a dinosaur)?

user posted image

The skeleton's quite different to the one above.

There is new evidence trying to go around that the Spino was at least an occasional quadruped. So that skeleton would be a Spino with that representation.

Others are saying it was always a quadruped and could never stand bipedaly due to it having immense trouble getting around on land with the short legs more and more scientists are starting to say it had.

Personally? From looking up both side of the issue and checking in with my own research from what I could find online, I think it was bipedal, but occasionally quadrupedal.

As far as what dinosaurs I like: I like the velociraptor, Spino, Anklyosuarus and Compsognathus.

No, spinosaurus was revised.

IIRC there never was any evidence it had long legs, no one had ever gotten leg remains and just assumed it was shaped like most other large carnivores.

My best guess is spino was just one of those animals that was awkward on land, kinda like a lot of seabirds are. I've always pictured them living soomewhat like flightless cormorants.

(also you're thinking of dimetrodon, which wasn't a dinosaur, it didn't even exist at the same time as dinosaurs)

I'm new here and I don't understand this very well owo

But I heard dinosaurs were being mentioned

And I had to come running ouo