Pixxelation

Orphan Black

Does anybody here watch the BBC show Orphan Black? It's one of my favorite shows. For those who are unfamiliar, the show begins with a woman, Sarah Manning, as she witnesses the suicide of a dopplegânger shortly after running into the mysterious identical. The show gets more intense from there, and features some of the best acting I've ever seen. I strongly recommend it, and if you haven't seen it before, go watch the first season and catch up to the current mid-season 2 episode NOW xd.png !

Edited by PieMaster

I love this show! It's so good! Tatiana Maslany is brilliant xd.png I love all the intricacies and plots. I can't wait to see how Rachel's character is going to be developed further - and Helena's...all the clones' pretty much, I can't even pick a sweetheart.

Me too! Last week's episode was a SHOCKER! I still can't believe that *SPOILERWARNING* Donnie accidentally killed Leekie! That was unexpected. I mean, I thought he was going to get killed, but I did NOT think Donnie would be the one to pull the trigger! I'm excited to see whrre Rachel's character goes; after seeing her start to fall apart last episode, I have a feeling that she is going to unravel and discover she doesn't have as much power in Dyad as she thought (Remember, the clones are the property of Dyad, as the patent said. If that's true, I doubt the organization is truly being run by its property.). *ENDSPOILER*

I think my favorite scenes involve Helena eating. Maslany must love shooting those xd.png

Edited by PieMaster

Fallen in love with the actress, she is sheer talent.

Fallen in love with the actress, she is sheer talent.

I agree! The sheer amount of character work that has to go into each role is astounding. Makes me shudder thinking about how Jefferson Mays pulled off 40 shows in "I Am My Own Wife," a broadway show. Maslany has given some really cool explanations of what helps her change between characters. She says that she has different playlists for each character; musical theatre for Allison, electronica for Cosima, etc.

*SPOILERWARNING* I really hope that Allison gets out of rehab soon. I feel like they wrote themselves into a corner with how long she's been there. I miss the scenes with Allison, Sarah, and Cosima all together :c*ENDSPOILERS*

Edited by PieMaster

I have to revive this thread because I love this show so damn much. I watched Season 1 and part of 2 about a year ago, and then for some reason stopped watching. But now I'm starting all over from the first season and continuing on through. I am seriously in love with Tatiana Maslany. And cloning is one of my favorite topics to think about.

I feel like I'm obligated to pick a favorite clone. Cosima is an obvious pick for me (biology-loving lesbians unite!) but Sarah is my babyyy. But in all honesty, my favorite is probably Alison. She's the most interesting character to watch.

I love the actress! I stopped watching it in season two though. I don't know if it was because of the long pauses I did between episodes, but it started feeling so random.

spoiler: For example, when they introduced Tony, it felt so displaced, what was the point of that character? Didn't help that they tried to provoke some romance between him and Felix. Tony's face is still Sarah's and it felt wrong. I cringed at that scene.

Helena, Sarah and Felix are my favorite characters and I think I will go back to it one day and binge watch it.