Naruhina_94

View Lineage in Scroll page

Actually... this might be helpful for CBs too, because as it is, when I want to trade a CB dragon, I am not sure how to get to its lineage view. As such it makes it hard to avoid spam when I am hoping to trade such a dragon. :/

Anyway eggs and growing hachies must still have the current visualization on your scroll, because you must be able to see their stats, to know if they could get sick or not. Also Views, Unique Views and clicks are essential to know to have a ND. we cannot add the Lineage link to eggs and growing hatchies.

So still a yes from me d: However I don't think featuring breeding links makes sense.

I agree that the breeding links doesn't concern the original suggest, however if we put only the lineage link there would be a bad graphic impact, because there would be a lot of unused space.

When you check a lineage you often do that to breed the dragon itself, so a breed link could be helpfull.

user posted image

We could put a Lineage Preview instead of Breed

You click Lineage Viewer --> appears your dragon and you choose another one (in the same way you choose a mate to breed) and when you've chosen it you could see the lineage they would make toghter. Something exactly like this taond tool

I personally like seeing the stats from my dragons - easy reference to look back and see if a certain kind of dragon is more stubborn than I remember or something - but I don't see a reason why the scroll itself can't be expanded a bit to be made wider to help fit the extra categories people would like to see on their scroll. I'm sure we could find a reasonable way to handle this when viewing other's scrolls, such as just making columns further apart or something.

I personally like seeing the stats from my dragons - easy reference to look back and see if a certain kind of dragon is more stubborn than I remember or something - but I don't see a reason why the scroll itself can't be expanded a bit to be made wider to help fit the extra categories people would like to see on their scroll. I'm sure we could find a reasonable way to handle this when viewing other's scrolls, such as just making columns further apart or something.

Or or or or, we could perhaps have customisable columns? 8D I think the current width is good for standard laptop screens, expansion may make viewing be more difficult on smaller screens sizes.

I meant this feture more to see our own scroll than other ones, but I admit it could be very usefull even in this way (for example when I'm looking for a CB marrow among 30 marrows).

What do you Sock think about adding this scroll view to the quick choice yu can made at the top of the scroll?

user posted image

When you choose to see a different view it would works until you click again on this feature to disabilitate it.

actually, I'd like there to be a little more java-script interaction on the actions button.

A kitten dies every time I have to re-enable javascript especially when I hunt and browser simultaneously >___<

As if the 1,2,0 and 1,3,0 and 1,4,0 sorting one wasn't bad enough! I ended up memorising what sort filter corresponded to what page and using my browser's autofill to jump to the right one instead of using that insidiously evil javascript mediated menu. 4 clicks and a page refresh is so irritating >____<

I like Naruhina's original mockup more >___<

(although javascript should work fine on all the browsers, even the really old ones unless it's disabled for security reasons...)

Edited by DarkEternity

Or or or or, we could perhaps have customisable columns? 8D I think the current width is good for standard laptop screens, expansion may make viewing be more difficult on smaller screens sizes.

I know customizable/optional is a big thing in suggestions right now and I can't speak for how it would actually work or how much work it is for TJ, but I think having every suggestion being optional is overdoing it a bit. Yes, it would be totally nice if everything was completely customizable for users, but I just don't know if that's realistic at all. In this case, customizable would be nice, yes! But I think we should also discuss other methods so that if it isn't customizable we can work something out that a lot of us are comfortable with.

What do you Sock think about adding this scroll view to the quick choice yu can made at the top of the scroll?

This is really similar to what I was originally saying - to add relevant links to all the filters - so yes, I do definitely like this idea and mockup of adding the links under their own filter (and suspect that users that had a problem with my idea might be more comfortable with this one - except those mentioning that they don't use filters or filters are too many clicks still). :3

up for this suggestion smile.gif If the Dragon has no lineage (it means that it's CB) it would be no "lineage" link, but just the bold word CB near to it. If the Dragon is Unbreedable the word Breed would be shadowed or gray. If it's a vampire it would be written "bite" instead.

I need this so much. I end up just not doing some stuff that I'd otherwise do because all the tab opening and then clicking is really extreme when I've got a lot of certain breeds I want to check out.

I meant this feture more to see our own scroll than other ones, but I admit it could be very usefull even in this way (for example when I'm looking for a CB marrow among 30 marrows).

user posted image

When you choose to see a different view it would works until you click again on this feature to disabilitate it.

I like this idea.