TehUltimateMage

Mage's Ultimate Art Thread [OFFLINE]

Who's that pokémon?!

It's Swellow!

x3 I love your art, Mage.

EDIT: Oh! Can you do a Minimalist wallpaper of Renamon? :3

Edited by Narvix

Yesssss I'm glad you could tell. biggrin.gif And thanks Narvix! If you don't mind me asking, what's your screen size? I'll have it done by Friday.

Oh my god those minimalist wallpapers are beautiful!

Could I pretty please get one of Eevee? My screen res is 1600x900.

OMG I LOVE MY LITTLE MUDKIPZ!!! Thank you so very much!!! And man, even though my anticipation made it seem much longer, you still did that so quick with such beauty! I'm impressed!!! Thanks again!!!

Wallpaper update: DOUBLE FOX EDITION! (well, sort of)

OMG I LOVE MY LITTLE MUDKIPZ!!! Thank you so very much!!! And man, even though my anticipation made it seem much longer, you still did that so quick with such beauty! I'm impressed!!! Thanks again!!!

Thanks! I was kind of nervous that you would nitpick but I'm really glad you like it! It actually doesn't take me that long to craft one (at least, compared to me drawing). The only reason I said Wednesday was because that was the due date for my final school project and I would be free afterward. tongue.gif

Oh my god those minimalist wallpapers are beautiful!

Could I pretty please get one of Eevee? My screen res is 1600x900.

Thank you thank you very much! happy.gif And Eevee's design is pretty simple, so I whipped it up in about 20 minutes (though I think it could be better… I'll tweak it over the weekend.) Full size here.

user posted image

And last but not least, for my buddy Narvix!

user posted image

Full size here.

As a bonus, here's a preview of what I'm working on right now. I plan to complete the trio, yes. Maybe put them together in one image.

user posted image

Well then, seeing as how you did so well, I would like to ask of you again if you could also do one with a Radiant Angel, one with a male Grave, and one with a herd of Snow Angels, one of each wing-style, representing each of the holidays?

The iffy thing about DC Dragons is that Artist's permissions always stop you from making fan art of certain species (a shame -- because I really like the whiptail's design).

That said, I think the Holiday Dragons you listed should be okay if they are kept on DC (so I won't include them when I post them to Deviantart or something). I'll get to work tonight. wink.gif

Which makes me think -- how would these wallpapers look if made into a mini sig or avatar version? I'll get back you y'all on that.

The iffy thing about DC Dragons is that Artist's permissions always stop you from making fan art of certain species (a shame -- because I really like the whiptail's design).

That said, I think the Holiday Dragons you listed should be okay if they are kept on DC (so I won't include them when I post them to Deviantart or something). I'll get to work tonight. wink.gif

Which makes me think -- how would these wallpapers look if made into a mini sig or avatar version? I'll get back you y'all on that.

Sound's great, thanks! Have fun! And good luck!

Illustrator and I have an odd history of me overcomplicating things and adding too much detail. I love your work, though, and would love to make a request - though I don't know if you're into Transformers, or would be interested in working in that field.

Illustrator and I have an odd history of me overcomplicating things and adding too much detail. I love your work, though, and would love to make a request - though I don't know if you're into Transformers, or would be interested in working in that field.

It's funny you say that about adding too much detail. I've been raised on JRPG character design and my friends keeps telling me I make things too complicated for myself. tongue.gif

The only Transformers series I've watched was Beast Wars, but yes, I'm interested. I'll see what I can do! What do you need?

Thank you for the Renamon wallpaper ^^ I love it :3

I can't wait to see what the trio look like together o3o

TRANSFORMERS! OMG! <3 *fangirls then dies*

No problem, Narvix ^^

On another note, Guilmon and Terriermon are done! Click the images for big versions.

user posted image

user posted image

And also Rita Mordio who is in my sig (this is the one I have as my background too):

user posted image

Also I almost forgot: Update on the postcard thing:

user posted image

*vibrates with excitement*

Edited by TehUltimateMage

NICE!!! And to continue the Digimon theme, how about I ask of you for a fifth (hope I haven't been requesting too much of you, but if I have please tell me and I'll stop) wallpaper with both Imperialdramon Fighter + Dragon Modes?

Edited by edeva01

Wallpaper update: DOUBLE FOX EDITION! (well, sort of)

Thank you thank you very much! happy.gif And Eevee's design is pretty simple, so I whipped it up in about 20 minutes (though I think it could be better… I'll tweak it over the weekend.) Full size here.

user posted image

Oh my god that wallpaper turned out so pretty (as I expected)!

I couldn't do it, even if it's a simple design! tongue.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif

It's funny you say that about adding too much detail. I've been raised on JRPG character design and my friends keeps telling me I make things too complicated for myself. tongue.gif

The only Transformers series I've watched was Beast Wars, but yes, I'm interested. I'll see what I can do! What do you need?

Eeee! o3o

I'd love it if you'd be willing to do a Jazz - G1, or TFA. He makes me happy, the dork, and minimalist design has been calling to me recently. I just don't have that kind of mindset that I can do it, myself, though. My most recent finished Illustrator fandom-y thing is from 2012.

user posted image

I drove myself nuts on the detailing on this one. The only things I didn't vector myself are the typography and the swirls of the vortex (that's a brush effect on the vector I created).

user posted image

The Portal one was simpler, and I should have gone angled on the cubes if I was gonna go angled on the turrets, buuut. These were both for class assignments.

But srsly if you can make me a Jazz I'd love it. My laptop's background is 1920x1280 right now. :3

NICE!!! And to continue the Digimon theme, how about I ask of you for a fifth (hope I haven't been requesting too much of you, but if I have please tell me and I'll stop) wallpaper with both Imperialdramon Fighter + Dragon Modes?

I'll work on that after doing the Holiday dragons. I think I'll limit requests to five at a time but after I'm done with these, you can request more!

Oh my god that wallpaper turned out so pretty (as I expected)!

I couldn't do it, even if it's a simple design! tongue.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif

I'm so glad you like it! :,)

Eeee! o3o

I'd love it if you'd be willing to do a Jazz - G1, or TFA. He makes me happy, the dork, and minimalist design has been calling to me recently. I just don't have that kind of mindset that I can do it, myself, though. My most recent finished Illustrator fandom-y thing is from 2012.

I drove myself nuts on the detailing on this one. The only things I didn't vector myself are the typography and the swirls of the vortex (that's a brush effect on the vector I created).

The Portal one was simpler, and I should have gone angled on the cubes if I was gonna go angled on the turrets, buuut. These were both for class assignments.

But srsly if you can make me a Jazz I'd love it. My laptop's background is 1920x1280 right now. :3

I honestly really like the Doctor Who one! I think all the details on the clothes really make it. biggrin.gif The Portal one looks pretty cool too. I first learned Illustrator in high school and did a few assignments for class with it, but I haven't really gotten a hang of it until now when we had a refresher course in first year. Once I learned that Cmd+Shift+A deselects everything, vectoring things became so much easier. xd.png We can share tips.

I'd like to ask for one favor before I start on Jazz though -- can you find me an image (any size) for me to minimalize/vectorize? I don't want to accidentally pick the wrong autobot. tongue.gif

(The problem with robots is I'm a detail-oriented person and get stuck doing details for ages. These are actually SIMPLE versions that offer the details simply without overwhelming, hopefully.)

G1 "detail" heavy: x

But in the cartoon they were fairly simplified. It was the 80s, and continuity and such weren't a huge deal as long as the "feature" elements were present if not the right size (or shape, or color, sometimes, bless the animators).

But it was the TFA Jazz that made me think of doing him minimally. I've seen someone do it in black and white and fell hard for it.

... that said, I'm not sure if you're asking for character reference or pose reference because I'm a loser.

Black_Rosen is right. Both is good. Though I'll be using one of the pics you linked, thanks!

And speaking of details, there's actually quite a bit of detail on the holiday dragon sprites. Makes me appreciate the spriters a whole lot more. @_@

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Which one are you doing?

Edeva requested a trio of Grave/Snow Angel/Radiant Angel. I'm working on the Radiant Angel right now.

user posted image

Progress! The shades of the colors are subject to change though. I don't think they go together very well at the moment.