HomeForFlowers

Forgotten

If he couldn't retrace his steps to reach the camp, then why was he so sure that he would be able to retrace his steps to reach the pod room? Of course, certain emotions could hinder one's ability to pay attention. If Spider had been trying to get away from the camp quickly, or feeling a little too victorious, then he might not have been carefully looking at his surroundings. It made sense. Still, there was the possibility of failure to retrace his steps that Spider seemed to have overlooked. He may have accounted for that and just not mentioned it, but it didn't seem like it.

Which, of course, brought Natasha to another problem that Spider hadn't mentioned: was going back to the camp the best idea? Okay, so it was their only idea. They didn't really have much choice in the matter, but they would at least have to plan carefully. Natasha certainly didn't feel like being caught, and would much rather stealthily sneak around the camp. Provided that they could find some street or landmark near the camp that Spider recognized, then they wouldn't need to actually enter the camp. Now, they would still have to go near the camp, but it wouldn't be quite as dangerous.

"There's really only one door that leads into it building unless you count that intent in the wall behind the mirror near the sink. That could possible be a secret-"

Oh? Natasha hadn't remembered any indents near the mirror in her pod room. She hadn't really been paying much attention, but she had noticed the hinges on the side of it. Speaking of which, grabbing the few medical supplies she had seen would be a good thing to do. While doing that, she could check to see if there was anything like what Spider had described in her room. If she really didn't have such indents in her pod room, then why did Spider's? Actually, why were the rooms different at all? It was weird; Natasha had been alone in her pod room, while Spider's had been connected to several other rooms. What was the reason for that? It seemed likely that there would be other pod rooms around, too; it would be odd to have one large room and one small room. Unless she was of some special interest to whoever had put them in the pods, then they wouldn't create the pod rooms to be so unsymmetrical. If she was of some special importance, then she would have to figure that out when she uncovered more data. It seemed like there would probably be a scattering of pods across the city, some connected and some not. Of course, there could be other reasons, but the lack of information was frustrating.

"I didn't see anything like that in my pod room," she said, frowning. "Though, behind the mirror was a medicine cabinet with some salve, antibiotics, and bandages. I'm not sure how old or safe that stuff is, but it would be best to have. I'll go get the medical supplies while you climb the building.