HomeForFlowers

Forgotten

"Oh, you just wanted to know how to find food? Yeah, I know where to get food! I got these cans from that woman who tied me up earlier."

The man sounded cheerful now, which was a bit surprising. As she thought before, the city didn't look like the nicest place. Maybe the man was just strangely cheerful and generous; she doubted that most people would act that way. The man said that he 'got them' from the woman who tied him up, but from what he said before the meeting hadn't been that friendly.

"Well, she didn't really give me the cans, I kinda took them. But n-not all of them! I only took what my companions and I needed. Speaking of which..."

Well, that confirmed that the meeting hadn't been friendly. The woman wondered how the man had escaped. It didn't seem likely that someone had willingly untied him. It was possible, but who would let someone escape with food when they had already been tied up? The man also suddenly sounded panicked and worried. Maybe he thought that the she would be bothered by the stealing, but it didn't. Not really. She didn't think stealing was such a bad thing. Well, maybe it was right, but was it horribly wrong? She didn't think so, especially if you needed food. Now, she would have been worried if the man had said he killed someone, but only because that could have meant that she was next. At the moment, she didn't have anything that could really be stolen, besides the weapons that she had. Those wouldn't be so easy to steal, at least when she was awake.

The fact that the man had mentioned companions was important. Where were they? The man didn't seem to know, judging by the way he was looking around. She wished she knew more about them, but if the man wanted to tell her then he would. If he didn't want to tell her, there wasn't much she could do right now by asking. Maybe later.

"You wouldn't happened to just came out of a pod of some sort, would you? Because... you know... your clothing is nice and the woman who tied me up and had torn clothing. The only other people who have clean clothing are my companions who are running around somewhere. So I thought..."

The woman's blood ran cold. So, she wasn't the only one who had been locked in a pod? Well, that changed things. It also explained why the man hadn't been confused by a fairly well-fed person asking where to find food. What he said also indicated that his companions, whoever they were and however many there were, had also been in pods. The important question was, had they also forgotten everything? She was inclined to believe that they had. He didn't mention knowing anything that had happened before waking up in the pod, and it would make sense if she wasn't the only one who forgot. As much as anything made sense, anyways.

"If you aren't in the same situation I'm in you're probably pull out your gun now."

The man was panicking; apparently he thought that she would think that he was crazy. Well, yay for him. Even if the woman hadn't been in the same situation, she doubted that she would have taken out her gun. For one thing, she still didn't know how the man had escaped from the woman that tied him up. For another, his companions could be near enough to hear the sound of gunfire, and the woman didn't think that she'd be able to run very fast yet. Somehow, she didn't think that they'd be happy if they found her after she shot their friend.

Carefully, she started to reply to what the man had said. "...Yes, I did, not very long ago." She nodded towards the door that led to the pod room. "So, still no guns. Do you know what's going on?"

"...Yes, I did, not very long ago."

The motioned towards a nearby door told Spider that this woman was not only telling the truth but had, in fact, also came out of a pod. He wasn't sure if that was necessarily a good thing, but it do comfort him to know that she was in the same situation as him. It was reassuring to know that there were more people like Clint, Bruce, the guy in the suit, the cyborg, and himself. Of course, now the question was beckoned, how many more people like Spider and the others were around? Where were the other pods? This woman's pod didn't seem to be connected to Spider's or the other men's so that probably meant that the other pods, if there were anymore, also weren't connected.

"So, still no guns."

Fantastic, she wasn't going to pull her gun on him. That was good, not great, but good. Judging from the tone of the woman's voice, Spider could tell that she either irritated, confused, or aggravated with him. Had the air not been tangible with awkwardness, Spider would think other wise. But, alas, the situation was quite queer for him, and seemingly for the lady as well. Spider was being as smooth as a rock.

"Do you know what's going on?"

"No," Spider said after a moment of thought, pointed one finger at the woman. "Maybe, no wait, no, well..." Spider rubbed his head. Was the woman asking him why they were in the pods? Was she asking what happened to the city? Was she referring to the conversation they were having? Why did she have to ask such a broad question? It didn't matter. If Spider could answer as much as he could, then her question would be answered no matter what he said.

"If you're referring to the city, my best guess is that it was destroyed somehow," Spider said, glancing upwards. "I mean, yeah, that's a bit obvious. I don't have a great vantage point, but I'd reckon it'd was bombed somehow, perhaps a several mile range. The bomb theory would lead to states of radioactivity, seeing as I was informed there are some "mutants" scurrying about where some stocked stores are. Considering that, I'd say the radiation has fell to its half life, giving it approximately quadruple its previous levels in years to disperse. But that's guessing that the radiation has reached its half life point and if there even is any radiation. Either way, this city was destroyed but something greater than itself and the citizens, or whatever government protecting the city were either powerless or too lazy to fix the problem. Alternatively, the people who built this city could just have a really weird sense of style. Your choice of what to believe."

Spider paused for a moment, contemplating his thoughts. He wanted to think more about how the city itself was desolated, but knew that he still had questions to answer.

"If you're asking about the pods themselves, I would say they're some sort of storage unit," Spider chimed. "If you're referring to why we were in the pods, what the hell has been going on, or this conversation in itself, then I simply say, 'I have no idea!'"

Well, at least the man seemed to know something about radiation. That would probably be helpful at some point, if there was any radiation. If not, that suggested that the man was either intelligent, or just really liked researching bombs. It was most likely the first one, but it was best not to assume things. At any rate, the information that the woman got from the man's speech was important. Not the bit about why the city could be in the state that it was, the bit about the "mutants" and stocked stores. Mutations caused by radiation didn't sound like they'd be dangerous; quite the opposite, really. Still, if the mutants weren't dangerous, why would the stores still be stocked? It could be that the area was hazardous enough to prevent people from getting the food and the mutants were immune somehow. All of this was just speculation, though. If she (and possibly the man; it didn't seem like he'd be against an alliance, and an alliance would be good at this point) couldn't find another food source, she'd have to find out more about these stores and mutants.

Judging by the man's ideas and the way the city looked, it had been destroyed for a long time. There was something disturbing about that, but the woman didn't let it bother her too much. There were more important things to do than angst about being in the wrong time period or something. Why had they been in the pods, though? The man's idea about them being 'storage units' was probably right, but why? Who was responsible for putting them in the pods? Alternately, the man himself hadn't actually come out of a pod, and was part of the reason that she had been in a pod. He had mentioned the pods first, so he either knew about them or was telling the truth. It was something to remember, just in case. Always keep your guard up.

Now what? Just standing around could be dangerous. How long had the man been out of his pod for? He seemed to be in better shape than the woman was, although she was feeling much better now. She knew that he had been tied up, escaped, and found food, so it couldn't have been that recently. Why had he been let out first? What about the companions he mentioned? Maybe they could find them. "Do you have any idea where to look for your companions?" she asked. He hadn't outright said that they were missing, but it was pretty obvious.

(Gah I'm sorry life is crazy)

Soldier turned around to answer Bruce, only to discover that Bruce was the only one following. His first instinct was to look up, and sure enough Clint was darting along the tree tops above. "If you're going to do that, you may as wells scout ahead," he called up, then returned his attention to the timid man before him. "Spider went out looking for food. If we find him, by default we may find food as well. There is also a good chance we will find some on the way. But, if you have some knowledge on scavenging and foraging, by all means lead the way," he remarked, though surprisingly he wasn't being sarcastic. He was serious, those skills would help.

There was naught more than a rustle of branches, and Clint had already gotten ahead of the two. A scouting job. It sounded kinda fun. Although not particularly fast, Clint was able to cover a lot of ground from the trees. It was only when things started to tip him off did he stop. It was a rustle behind him at first. Nothing, he assumed, but it was worth checking. The archer slowly turned his head to look behind himself. Silence...Clint shrugged and walked along the branch once more. Only when the noise was louder did he turn yet again. This time, he was greeted by some horrid creature.

With a yell, Clint wrestled to keep his attacker from his face. It reminded him of a cat, but had distinctly bat-like features. It had wings for its front two arms, and was covered in fur. Along its tail and back were spines, and there were vicious, hooked talons. Although he managed to knock it away, blood leaked from the four claw marks that raked across his face. Without thinking did Clint grab his bow and load an arrow. The action ended with a shrill, metallic screech and an arrow through the beast's head. Grimacing, Clint took the dead monster in one hand and began to walk towards where his teammates had been. Dropping down a few feet away from Soldier, Clint threw it at his feet and wiped blood from his face. Watch yer back. I was attacked by this thing a few minutes ago.

"Sorta," Spider said reluctantly as he gave a small shrug. "I know they were planning to look for food in a forest, but I don't exactly know where said forest is from this exact location." Spider knew he wasn't being completely honest with this woman, but did that really matter? He didn't know how to find the forest from his current location because he had no idea where he was. One moment he was heading on back to the base, and in another he was wandering the streets aimlessly. If he could move to a higher vantage point, then maybe he could find the base more easily, but he had no means to climb such tall buildings. A ladder wasn't going to magically appear and he was pretty sure he couldn't fly. For the time being, it seemed as though he'd be earthbound.

Spider glanced at the woman momentarily. She, so far, seemed to have a pretty good head on her shoulders. She wasn't being overly timid or aggressive in any manner. She wasn't exactly friendly, and rubbed off as someone who wanted to figure out what was going on and leave. She wasn't like the others personality wise, and that wasn't exactly bad.

Wait, hold on, others? Maybe, just maybe, there are people connected to her pod room as well! We could perhaps find some more people by going through her pod room!

"You, uh, wouldn't happen to of seen a door in your pod room, would you?" Spider asked as he tried to formulate a conversation that could work on his part. "Because if you did go in, I'm guessing you'd figure out it was a bathroom. On the chance that you did enter the bathroom, did you see any other doors in it? A door that didn't lead to your own pod room?"

Chimichanga regretted spitting that twinkie out. He should have swallowed it, ran and hoped that man sucked at aiming, and now he had gotten himself into a big mess. He was out in the open and his stomach was rumbling. He looked at his surroundings, there were broken buildings... debris... more broken buildings... and definitely nothing to eat. He scavenged around his endless bag, hoping to find maybe just one more twinkie, even if it was half-eaten and moldy – he didn't care, he was ravenous. Chimichanga groaned once again, he couldn't find anything. His attention suddenly turned to a device on his belt, it was a weird, metal device.

"It's a teleportation device." The yellow dialogue box said next to him. "Or bodysliding, as you used to call it."

"Hm?" Chimichanga raised an eyebrow. "I used to call it? You mean I know who I am?"

"No, I don't. Deadpool, you're insane, mentally unstable and immature. I'm just part of your strange, delirious mind."

Deadpool? Who the hell was Deadpool? Chimichanga thought. The box was clearly insane, mentally unstable and immature; he couldn't possibly trust it anymore. But that thought didn't last long. "Okay, so tell me how this thingamajig works. What do I press?" he asked it.

"You actually have all sorts of teleportation devices in your satchel, but I guess you're currently equipped with this one and I might as well teach you. All you have to do is picture where yo–"

Chimichanga looked at that tall, wrecked skyscraper in the distance. It was humungous, it was almost as big as his– He suddenly found himself right at the edge of the building. He felt off balance, mainly because of the sudden rush he had felt when bodysliding, he waved his arms back and forth, trying to catch his balance and finally settled. He let out a breath of air, glad that he hadn't fallen down. Suddenly, a strong gust of wind pushed him off the building and he felt that feeling in his gut as the air dashed passed him. "Aw, censorkip.gif." He said, before slamming in the ground with a loud crunch, right next to a woman in a tight, black suit and a man dressed in red and blue with a spider logo on his chest.

((Deadpool can finally discover his powers!))

Edited by BeardedKumquat

"I know they were planning to look for food in a forest, but I don't exactly know where said forest is from this exact location."

The woman nodded. Okay, they needed to find a forest. She hadn't seen much of the city, so she didn't have a clue where to start looking. For all she knew, it could be around the corner or several miles away. Either way, wandering around blind probably wouldn't help much. She took 'I don't exactly know where said forest is from this exact location' to mean 'I'm lost'. It was something about the way he phrased it, or maybe something in his voice. She couldn't be sure, but it seemed likely. Honestly, the mask that the man was wearing bothered her a bit. It wasn't that it was a strange or scary mask (it almost seemed normal), it was just that she couldn't see his face. She felt that if she could see someone's face properly, they'd have a very hard time lying to her.

"You, uh, wouldn't happen to of seen a door in your pod room, would you? Because if you did go in, I'm guessing you'd figure out it was a bathroom. On the chance that you did enter the bathroom, did you see any other doors in it? A door that didn't lead to your own pod room?"

She paused for a moment to think. Had there been another door? She thought she would have noticed if there had been, but she had been pretty out of it. Maybe there was another door. If there was, what would be behind it? Another pod room with someone else in it? Supplies? Something else? Why did the man think that there might be another door? Was his pod room connected to anything else? "I don't think that there was another door in the bathroom. There may have been, but-"

The woman was interrupted by something on the edge of her vision. Red and black, falling from the skyscraper beside her. The object- it seemed to be a person- hit the ground, hard. Guessing from the length of the fall, she was sure that the person must be dead. Looking at him, she could see that he wasn't from the light rise and fall of his chest. The woman quickly pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the head of the man, her stance widening and becoming more stable as she did so. The man was wearing a skintight red and black suit, somewhat similar to the first man's blue and red suit. A very notable difference between the two were the swords strapped to falling-guy's back. How was he alive, and why had he fallen from the skyscraper? The building didn't exactly look sturdy, so why was he on the skyscraper in the first place? There were always more questions, it seemed. "Don't make any sudden movements," she said to falling-guy. It seemed unlikely that he'd be able to move at all, but it could be possible. She didn't want to take that chance.

"I don't think that there was another door in the bathroom."

Oh, well that was disappointing. Spider's shoulders visibly drooped at the woman's phrase. He had hoped that she did see another door. It wouldn't of made complete sense, but it would at least allow Spider to try and figure out what happened to them in a more accurate manner. If there was more evidence of certain theories, then Spider could narrow down several hypothesis and, eventually arrive at one single conclusion. It would make his life much easier if he could get a bit more physical evidence of what had happened. Sadly, it seemed as though he was limited for the time being. It looked as though he was going to have a hard time explaining why they were in the pods and how the city got ruined. Just another mystery to add to the long and ever expanding list of things he did not know.

The sudden tingling in his head made Spider jolt up and look around frantically. The sense had appeared once more and it was as strong as ever. Spider heard the woman speak more, but saw her cut off as a man suddenly appeared out of nowhere and slammed down onto the ground in front of both Spider and the woman. With this skull now throbbing, Spider, in surprise, leaped backward and towards the skyscraper from which the man feel. As he jumped, he saw several cans slip from his arms. With instinct rolling in and his mind thumping with thoughts, Spider extended one hand and shot out a trail of liquid towards the cans. The sticky substance wrapped around the cans and, with a pull on Spider's part, formed a web and launched the cans towards the masked man. The cans landed in Spider's free arm and stuck to the webbing. Just as Spider was beginning to move his other arm forward in an effort to cradle the cans in both arms, he realized something. He was no longer at eye level with the woman but was, for a matter of fact, looking down at her.

A quick glance around told Spider that he had not only leaped farther than he anticipated, but had managed to stick himself to the side of the building. He was several feet about the woman and the man who had plummeted to do earth. He was in a rather odd position. His wasn't standing on the building with two legs but was rather on all fours, holding onto the glass surface with ease. The only limb that wasn't holding onto the building was his left arm which the cans contained with the web were held within.

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think normal people are suppose to do this.

Narrowing his eyes, Spider stared at the fallen man and realized something both incredible and disturbing.

"Is he still alive?" Spider breathed as he looked at the rising of the man's chest and up towards the skyscraper. "This is a twenty story building! How the hell did he manage to survive that?" Spider eye's darted over to the woman and nearly popped out of his head. She had whipped out a handgun and pointed it at the man in red and black. Although she was not pointing it at Spider, he instantly become nervous at the sight of the gun.

"Whoa, keep it easy there," he said warily as he pushed himself further upward.

She said she wouldn't take out her gun! Why did she take out her gun? I really don't like guns, and I mean, I really don't like guns!

Edited by Doctortear

Chimichanga let out a half-whine/half-scream sort of noise, he could feel all the bones in his body shattered into a million pieces like shrapnel. He was definitely alive, but he couldn't move at all.

"Don't make any sudden movements."

Even though Chimichanga's jaw way broken, he managed to let out a small chuckle. How could he? He was in agony and he wouldn't be able to do anything anymore, he might as well lay here, curl up and die. Suddenly, he felt a tingling sensation all around his body, the pain was slowly deteriorating and he could move everything again. He got up in a flash and bent his knees, making jerky movements. "I'm moving around!" He shouted out loud, followed by another jerk. "Whatcha gonna do? Shoot me? Huh? I just survive a freakin' long fall, you think I'd be scared–" He stopped. The woman he was gazing at had fiery, glazing hair. She was extremely beautiful and tight, black suit outlined her slim features. Chimichanga immediately stood straight and said in a flirtatious tone: "Hey, sorry about that, I get... carried off sometimes. Say, you look gorgeous, could we maybe get dinner sometime?" He didn't feel threatened at all, the woman was still likely going to shoot him, but he didn't care.

"Whoa, keep it easy there."

Chimichanga's head swivelled up at the sky, did he just hear the air speak? Wait, he saw two people on the way down, not one. He suddenly caught sight of a man dressed in blue and black clinging onto a building, wow, he thought, he's pretty high up.

"You know what you remind me of? He called up to the man. "A man. I mean– A spider. No, wait. A man-spider– No, even better... A Spider-Man."

Edited by BeardedKumquat

Catching more movement out the the corner of her eye, the woman glanced at the first man without moving her head. What she saw surprised her, but she didn't show it. Somehow, the man had managed to cling to the side of the skyscraper, almost like a spider. That would explain the spider emblem on his chest, anyway. The cans he had been carrying were stuck to some sort of white substance, similar to spider silk. Well, that was interesting. First a guy survived a twenty foot fall, and then someone started sticking to buildings and shooting spider silk out of his wrists. It didn’t seem weird to the woman, somehow. It was weird, but it didn’t feel like it should have been.

The man who had fallen started to make noise, and the woman flicked her eyes back towards him. The spider-guy could easily be a threat, but they had been talking and he hadn’t seemed to be the violent type. She’d deal with him and why he could stick to walls later. She knew absolutely nothing about the man who had fallen, aside from that he was alive, and he seemed to be a much bigger threat at the moment. The sound he was making was disturbing- it was almost like a chuckle. The man stood up suddenly and jerkily, like a puppet. Creepy, but the woman was only concerned about the fact that the man seemed fine after falling from twenty stories and wasn’t listening to her orders. She kept her gun pointed at his head as he moved.

"I'm moving around! Whatcha gonna do? Shoot me? Huh? I just survive a freakin' long fall, you think I'd be scared–"

It had crossed her mind, but whatever the man was, a bullet through his brain would probably inconvenience him, at least. She glared at him, but before she could reply the man stood up straighter and started to speak again, flirtatious this time. Great.

"Hey, sorry about that, I get... carried off sometimes. Say, you look gorgeous, could we maybe get dinner sometime?"

Well, he certainly wasn’t worried about being shot in the head. Either he thought she wouldn’t do it, was suicidal, or was confident that it wouldn’t kill him. Calmly yet with the hint of a threat in her voice, she replied, "No, and I don’t think that you’ll want to repeat that." She didn’t really want to deal with a guy who could fall twenty stories and get up like it hadn’t happened. She especially didn’t want to deal with one who was flirting with her. She had a gun pointed at his head! Was he insane?

"Whoa, keep it easy there."

Right, the spider-guy didn’t like guns. Well, too bad. He was the one who could climb up buildings, not the one stuck on the ground. "It’s just a precaution," she told him. Hopefully, things wouldn’t turn into a fight, but if they did she wanted to be ready.

Edited by Backup77

Today was getting really weird. It didn't feel abnormal to Spider, oddly enough, but it was all still, nevertheless, extreme peculiar. Not only did the man who fell from a twenty story building began to move again, but he popped right up and started speaking! Spider would freak out by the man's strange power, but he had seen enough strange things to make him only flinch when the man stood up. As the man began to jerk around, taunting the woman, Spider tried to reason in his head what extents the man's power could go to. It was as though he couldn't help but try and figure out a way the man's power could work along with what it's limitations were. Did he obtain his powers the same way Spider did? How far could his power go? If his arm blew off, would he just regrow a new one or would he pick up his arm and stick it back on? There were so many possibilities! Spider could come up with ideas all day long, but, alas, the wariness of his mind and the magnitude of the situation at hand was enough to push back his ever exploring mind.

When the man sudden stood straight and spun around to look at the woman, Spider braced himself for an attack. When the man began to speak flirt with the woman in a seductive voice, Spider was heavily caught off guard. He was sure whether to scoff or laugh at the situation. Sure, the woman was pretty with those gorgeous red locks, but trying to hit on her was probably an extremely stupid thing to do, especially since the man just fell twenty stories and jumped back up. The woman's words of pulling the gun as a "precaution" only lead to Spider sighing and giving his head a little shake. It appeared as though the woman was not going to remove her gun. Great, just fantastic.

"You know what you remind me of? A man. I mean– A spider. No, wait. A man-spider– No, even better... A Spider-Man.

"Spider-Man?" Spider said, his guard dropping. "That sounds like what some teenager would call himself. Do I look like a nerdy teenager to you?" A quick examination of himself made Spider say otherwise.

"No wait," he said quickly. "Don't answer that. I see my error." Spider would of hit himself if he had a free hand. His voice was higher pitched than all of the other men he had met. He was about the same height as everyone else, but appeared to be a little skinny. He was much more muscular than Bruce, but could not rival with the cyborg's big guns. Spider had not seen his face, but he was beginning to think that he was much younger than the others. Hell, he could be fifteen years old for all he knew. Everyone else had the distinct features of adults. Him? Well, least to say, Spider had no idea what he looked like, nor did anyone else. For as far as he knew, he could be a woman with a man's voice!

Now looking at the man more closely, Spider began to realize something. He had seen this person before. It wasn't a memory or strangely familiar like "Spider-Man" or the woman's red hair was. He had seen the man earlier in the day, when he was speaking with Clint and the cyborg.

"Hey... wait a minute," Spider said as he began to crawl downward, the white eye slots on his mask narrowing. Spider tilted his head in thought and stopped his advancements. For a moment he stayed completely still, as though having a struggle remembering the man. Suddenly, the white parts of his mask widened and Spider backed up a step.

"I know you!" he exclaimed. "You're that guy who had a pastry in his mouth and ran away! Oh wow, that took me forever to remember. You'd think I remember someone with a costume like yours but apparently not." Spider paused for a moment and recoiled. He was pretty sure he just embarrassed himself.

Good job, Spidey, good job.

"No, and I don’t think that you’ll want to repeat that."

Chimichanga sagged his shoulders, disappointed. "Are you sure?' He asked. "You're missing out on a lot. Maybe some other time, when your head is more clearer." He winked at the lady, but only a stern glare back. She still had her gun to his head, but he just laughed and turned to the man.

"Spider-Man? That sounds like what some teenager would call himself. Do I look like a nerdy teenager to you? No wait, don't answer that. I see my error."

"Nah don't worry about it. I'm just making up names for you, spider-man-person-dude." Chimichanga replied, he had caught a glimpse of a few cans of food in the man's arms, but they seemed to be wrapped around in some sort of thin, white, web-like rope, and intended to take it.

"I know you! You're that guy who had a pastry in his mouth and ran away! Oh wow, that took me forever to remember. You'd think I remember someone with a costume like yours but apparently not."

Chimichanga examined the man, a blue and red suit covered in a black, webbed pattern. Where had he seen this before? Yes... yes... it had all come back to him now... He was probably with the metal-armed man that had chased him before. "Um... Sorry, I think you have the wrong guy, I haven't gotten something to eat all day. Maybe you must have seen my twin brother... Um... Frank." He lied. Even though the lie sounded completely stupid, it sounded perfectly fine to Chimichanga. He could feel his stomach calling out to his brain, it wanted foooood... "My name's–" Chimichanga quickly up a name, something that they wouldn't suspect. "Deadpool, what's yours?" Hey winked back at the lady. "Hey, do you know where I could find some food? I'm starving!"

Edited by BeardedKumquat

((I hope this color is alright still? I'll change it if need be. smile.gif ))

Phoneix tore at the metal that held her captive. Escape, I need to escape. Driven forward by only basic instincts, the girl managed to push open the door of the pod. From there, she slithered out onto the floor. Her muscles were atrophieded, and weak, and she was unable to stand. Then, came a wave of nausea. Her stomach began to churn, and was follows by an upbringing of a foul bile. While the urge to vomit faded, the nausea still tugged at her. And it was accomplices by yet another new feeling.

Hunger.

Her stomach protested and screamed in agony at the lack of food. Wiping her mouth, she slowly stood, using the pod to stabilize herself. Her environment was strange, and she slowly stumbled out of the room, driven by the emptiness of her stomach. What she stumbled into, seemed like an alley. I'm in a city? Phoenix looked down, as saw she was wearing her costume still. Where the hell I?

((I assumed because she had telekinesis that she could also fly. And... Where are they currently located? Or is that a secret? xd.png ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

"I know you! You're that guy who had a pastry in his mouth and ran away! Oh wow, that took me forever to remember. You'd think I remember someone with a costume like yours but apparently not."

Oh? When did that happen? Before or after the spider-man had found the food? Probably before, or the spider-man would have had an easier time remembering. Being captured and escaping would have been distracting. Had the man who had fallen been in a pod, too? If so, had the pods been used to store people with supernatural abilities? As far as she could tell, the woman didn't have any superpowers. Now wasn't the time for testing, anyway, but it was a possibility to remember. She didn't even know if the guy who had fallen hadn't even been in a pod.

"Um... Sorry, I think you have the wrong guy, I haven't gotten something to eat all day. Maybe you must have seen my twin brother... Um... Frank."

He wasn't even trying to lie properly. Well, actually, he was. He was just so pathetically bad at it that he might as well have been not trying. The more he spoke, the more the woman thought that he might be insane. That bothered her a bit; insane people could either be predictable or unpredictable. The guy who had fallen seemed to fall into the 'unpredictable' category. He was also very annoying.

My name's- Deadpool, what's yours? Hey, do you know where I could find some food? I'm starving!"

He paused slightly before saying his 'name', so he had been thinking up an alias. What kind of name was 'Deadpool', anyway? What was her name? She wasn't going to tell this 'Deadpool' what it was even if she could remember, but it would be nice to know. She couldn't remember anything, and her name might not be any different, but trying wouldn't hurt. What seemed familiar? Ns, maybe. As, too. N-A. Natalia? No, not quite. Natasha?

That name clicked. It seemed familiar enough to work, and it wasn't a bad name.

Now, what could she do about 'Deadpool'? Finding out more about him seemed to be a start, at least. "You've seen him before? Where?" she asked the spider-man, turning her head slightly towards him while still paying attention to 'Deadpool'.

"Um... Sorry, I think you have the wrong guy, I haven't gotten something to eat all day. Maybe you must have seen my twin brother... Um... Frank."

Spider lifted an eyebrow at this comment. It was an obvious lie, the man must of known that. It would be pathetic if he didn't think it was a lie. Surely there had to be a reason for lying so poorly. Perhaps it was an apology? Maybe the man was trying to apologize in some way? His odd speech patterning suggested his personality was a bit wonky. It was possible he was simply trying to apologize in the only way he knew how. A bit odd for Spider's tastes, but he could roll with it.

"Uh, sure," Spider said in a horrible attempt to sound casual. "I'll, uh, look out for Frank next time. Thanks for informing me."

"My name's- Deadpool, what's yours?"

Deadpool, huh? That was a pretty cool name. It sounded a bit like Spider-Man which was kinda strange considering how familiar the name "Spider-Man" was. Earlier when Spider tried to figure out his name, he only managed to come up with Spider. He felt as though he was missing something but could not come up with a term to go with it. Maybe... maybe this entire time the second word to his name was "man". Maybe, just maybe, his name was Spider-Man. Just as Spider opened his mouth to offer Deadpool is own name, the woman spoke up.

"You've seen him before? Where?"

Ooh! Now this was a question that Spider could answer quite easily. He opened his mouth but closed it a second later. It was obvious the woman didn't believe a single thing Deadpool said. Considering that her gun was still pulled and her eyes were locked onto the man in the red suit told Spider that she was going to be trusting him anytime soon. Spider could easily see why she was so distrustful of the man. He did just fall twenty stories, survived, got back up, and then flirted with her. Something told Spider she didn't exactly care for the flirting.

"Oh, well I saw..." Spider began before he flicked his eyes flickered over to Deadpool. He didn't exactly trust the man either, but he didn't want to get on his bad side. "...Frank in the bathroom where I met my companions. We were talking about getting rations when he walked in with a Twinkie in his mouth, shouted something about 'getting our own' and sped out of the room. The guy in our group with a mechanical arm gave chase. Seeing as a fight wouldn't be great considering we could all barely stand, I raced after the two only to run into another guy. The guy with a mechanical arm came back later saying that he failed to catch, uh, Frank and that was the last I saw and heard of him."

"I'll, uh, look out for Frank next time. Thanks for informing me."

"Thanks." Chimichanga said, he totally had them fooled! He started prancing around in circles, unaware that he looked absolutely stupid. He stopped a few minutes later and turned back to the group, eyeballing the man's cans. He bet they trusted him, he was acting very friendly... but wait, if they did trust him, they would have introduced who they were. "So what are your names?" He repeated, maybe he knew them, from before... Chimichanga's mind flashed back, he saw two separate images of them for a few seconds in his mind, before the pictures disappeared and he went back into reality. Yes, he had known them before, but where, and when? Were they friends or foes?

"You've seen him before? Where?"

The woman was trying to find out more about him. Chimichanga raised an eyebrow, so she was interested in him.

"Oh, well I saw...Frank in the bathroom where I met my companions. We were talking about getting rations when he walked in with a Twinkie in his mouth, shouted something about 'getting our own' and sped out of the room. The guy in our group with a mechanical arm gave chase. Seeing as a fight wouldn't be great considering we could all barely stand, I raced after the two only to run into another guy. The guy with a mechanical arm came back later saying that he failed to catch, uh, Frank and that was the last I saw and heard of him."

Chimichanga couldn't believe how stupid this guy was, he really believed he had a twin brother named Frank?

"No, he doesn't." The yellow dialogue box said next to him. "Deadpool, you're smarter than this. You're not stupid, you're just incredibly immature." The box was right... Chimichanga thought, the box also kept on referring to him as Deadpool, was that actually his name?

"Yes, it is." The box replied.

Well, I'm going to miss my old name. Deadpool thought again, people always stared at him weirdly when he talked out loud to the box, maybe this box was some sort of weirdo or something? Deadpool didn't want to risk it, if people didn't like him talking to the box, he wouldn't, but he still could communicate with him in his mind. He should be careful now and play along, he had to earn their trust first. "Okay, so what are we going to do now?" He asked the two people.

Edited by BeardedKumquat

Natasha didn't want to tell 'Deadpool' her name, mostly because she didn't want to acknowledge him at all. It didn't seem right to answer his questions; it could make it harder to get rid of him later, and she had already decided that she wouldn't tell him. He could be a source of information, having possibly been in a similar situation, but was it worth it? He didn't appear to be a threat at the moment, but Natasha didn't forget how he had gotten up after falling twenty stories. She did have a gun pointed towards his face, but could he survive that? Provoking him didn't seem right either. It probably wouldn't be dangerous to tell him her name. So far he hadn't shown any signs of attacking, but... "Natasha." Her tone suggested something between I don't like you and I don't care about you, but if I tell you this will you stop bothering me?.

"Oh, well I saw...Frank in the bathroom where I met my companions. We were talking about getting rations when he walked in with a Twinkie in his mouth, shouted something about 'getting our own' and sped out of the room. The guy in our group with a mechanical arm gave chase. Seeing as a fight wouldn't be great considering we could all barely stand, I raced after the two only to run into another guy. The guy with a mechanical arm came back later saying that he failed to catch, uh, Frank and that was the last I saw and heard of him."

'Deadpool' being found in the pod bathroom (presumably spider-guy meant the pod bathroom and not a different bathroom) heavily suggested that he had also woken up in a pod. He could have been there for other reasons, but if he had been living in the pod rooms spider-guy would have probably noticed signs of that. If he was there because he knew about the pods and when they would open- well, he didn't seem the type to be able to keep a secret like that or find out in the first place. Where did he get the Twinkie, though? According to spider-guy, no one else had gotten food. Had 'Deadpool' awoken first, went out to get food, and then returned to the pod rooms? The 'guy with a mechanical arm' detail was interesting, too.

"Okay, so what are we going to do now?"

We? Great. Just lovely. Natasha really should have been surprised that the creepy, delusional guy who flirted with women who had guns pointed to his head thought he was allies with the woman who still had a gun pointed to his head. She resisted the urge to sigh and rub the bridge of her nose. That would mean taking her eyes and attention off of 'Deadpool'. He was annoying and didn't seem to be about to attack, but he was still a threat. She just glared at him, hoping he could take a hint.

"So what are your names?"

Ah, that was right! Spider had neglected to tell this Deadpool his name. Well, he was actually interrupted by the now proclaimed Natasha before he could spill the beans. Spider almost opened his mouth but stopped himself. He began to debate what to call himself. Deadpool had just called him Spider-Man and that sounded very familiar. But, then again, he had just said to the equivalent of calling the name nerdy so calling himself Spider-Man was out of the question. He could just tell them his name was Spider, but it felt wrong to do so. Spider-Man seemed to be his name, not Spider, but, at the same time, Spider felt like it would be rude to just take the name Deadpool called him. With a heavy conscious, Spider went with the first thing that came to his mouth.

"Name's Spider," he said, blinking in surprise that he had chosen that name. "I guess that was pretty obvious considering I have a spider on my suit, can climb walls, and, evidently can shoot webs. I do say that Spider-Man sounds familiar, but I'm not going to take that from you. You let that be your thing, Deadpool." Spider gave the two strangers a grin, but, once again, realized that his smile could not be seen and then let it disperse. How he could be so painfully forgetful was beyond him. Perhaps he'd remember in time?

"Okay, so what are we going to do now?"

We? They were a we now? Gosh, Spider knew this man was being friendly, but did he really have to associate himself with both Spider and Natasha after moments of meeting them. Sure, Spider allied himself with Clint, the cyborg, and Bruce, but that was in a different situation. None of them fell twenty stories down and began to randomly flirt with someone else. There was also the fact that they were all trying to achieve the same goals. Here, it didn't feel like they were all trying to work together. It felt like they just randomly ran into each other and had no idea what they were suppose to do. The entire interaction felt awkward and Spider was beginning to find that he didn't care for sitting around and doing nothing.

"Well, I'm going to try and find my company," Spider declared as he gave a quick glance over at Natasha and Deadpool. "I have no idea if you two want to meet up with more people. Especially you Deadpool since the cyborg chased yo- ah, I mean Frank, out of the pod rooms. Yeah... it was... Frank" Spider rubbed the back of his head as it was getting ridiculous that he had to substitute Deadpool for Frank in practically all of his sentences. Sadly for Spider, he forgot he didn't have any free hands. So when he began to rub the back of his head, he found himself slipping off of the building. In a rush of panic, Spider moved with surprising speed and slammed the hand he had use to rub his head against the building. Unfortunately, it did not reconnect him to the building. Spider soon found himself doing a front flip, his body peeling off the building and into mid-air. Freaking out, Spider frantically moved his hand to shoot out some webs but found himself too late. Instead of shooting out webs, Spider pressed the palm of his hand into the dirt, grinding it into the ground. He flipped himself back up, landing on his bottom with a soft thump. Shaking his head, Spider quickly jumped up, his legs wobbly from his fall.

"I...I meant to do that," Spider lied obviously, looking at the other two in embarrassment.

Phoenix hovered over the ground, then began gaining height. She looked out over the ruble of what once must have been a city. The woman's gut twisted uneasily. "How long have I been asleep?" Her hair, long and unkempt was tossed gently by the breeze.

((Where could I insert Phoenix? That's the only reason I haven't really been posting...))

Soldier looked up as Clint dropped out of the trees, following a bloody mass of fur and feathers. "Okay, I guess that eliminates some of the surprise for us. There are probably more creatures out here that want to kill us," he muttered, picking it up by a leg and holding it aloft to inspect it. The thing was certainly strange, seeming both aviary and feline. Definitely not natural. Turning to Bruce, he held it out. "Here, food. We can carry it with us or stop here to cook it." The man seemed totally unperturbed by the gore he was currently waving in the smaller man's face. "Nice work," he added to Clint, since it seemed like the right thing to say. It felt unnatural on his tongue though, so perhaps he was normally a rude person. Well, now was as good a time as any to change that.

It would most likely be best to go with Spider. He didn't seem to be against Natasha coming along, and there was strength in numbers. Going solo would be much more difficult, and for what? There was always a chance that things could go badly, but that chance would be higher if she was wandering around trying to find food instead of working with other people in the same situation. It would also make it easier to find out what was going on; Spider had already shown that he had an idea. More people could think of things in more ways than one person, after all, and-

Natasha's thoughts were interrupted by a flash of movement. Spider, again. He somehow did a front flip off of the building he was stuck to, then fell and got up again. It would have been comical, if things weren't so serious. He was incredibly agile and fast; along with his ability to shoot webbing, this made Natasha think that she really didn't want to get into a fight with him. How could he do that, anyway? His agility alone showed that he was superhuman, unless he was a cyborg. 'Superhuman' seemed more normal, though. Why?

Just as she was turning her attention back to Deadpool, he disappeared. One moment he was standing there, but then he was gone. Natasha immediately went on full alert, scanning her surroundings and turning around to search for any sign of him. Seeing a red costume against the grey buildings should have been easy, but she didn't see him anywhere nearby; this bothered her. Knowing where Deadpool was (and having the ability to shoot him at any time) had been... calming wasn't exactly the best word. It had given her sort of a sense of safety. No, that wasn't right. She hadn't felt safe before; she just felt much less safe now.

Narrowing her eyes, she slowly lowered the gun, ready to flick it back up if she saw Deadpool again. Only now did she realize how tired holding the gun up for so long made her arms feel. Well, that wasn't exactly a priority at the moment. Sore arms could wait. "I can't see him anywhere, if you'll pardon me stating the obvious," she said dryly, having looked carefully in every direction. She wanted to ask Spider if he knew why he could shoot webbing and such, but she also didn't want to let her guard down. Deadpool could be anywhere, depending on where he teleported to (unless he turned invisible? That was a scary thought, but if he was invisible and tried to move he'd be heard). Why had he left? Had it been intentional? Was teleportation how he ended up falling twenty stories down a crumbling building? Would he come back anytime soon? If not, great, because he had been very annoying.

"I can't see him anywhere, if you'll pardon me stating the obvious,"

"Hm? What?"

It took a moment for Natasha's words to register but, when they did. Spider blinked, completely and utterly perplexed. What was Natasha talking about anyhow? Can't see who? Did she mean Spider? Well he was thankful she hadn't seen him fall, but he was right in front of her! Wouldn't she be able to easily detect his location? It wasn't like it was dark or anything. Well, the sky was grey and gloomy with a swirl of clouds blocking even the slightest sliver of sunlight, but it wasn't nighttime or very dark. Now with a free hand, Spider rubbed his head, despite the fact that he just fell forward because of said action, and looked around. Now that he thought about it, there was someone missing. Wasn't he talking to someone just a minute ago? What was his name? Frank? No, wait, Deadpool. He was just talking to Deadpool. Natasha was saying that Deadpool had just vanished.

Wow, that took me forever to realize.

"Oh, um, yeah," Spider said hurriedly after a moment of silence. "He is, uh, gone?" Spider did a quick three-sixty in an attempted to locate the red suited man. Spider paused, looked behind his shoulder, did a double take, spun around again, and then stopped to face Natasha. He was beginning to feel dizzy after spinning about so much. His stomach was churning, but no vomit threatened to come out. After all, Spider had emptied his stomach only a few hours ago. There was nothing for his stomach to push out of his system.

"Yeah, he's so not here," Spider commented as he stopped spinning and attempted to balance himself so he wouldn't fall down.

Okay, Deadpool was gone. Now what? Spider's options were limited. He guessed he had a mini alliance with Natasha at the moment. She wasn't pointing her gun at him which was good. She hadn't put her gun away which was bad. Spider still had the cans of food cradled in his arm that were more and more tempting every moment he held them. He had completed his mission. Spider had found enough food to share with the group, more than enough in fact. If they ate one can each, or split a can per person, they could have two meals a day for about three days. That was enough to keep moral boosted while they went to hunt for more food right? Though, now looking back to Natasha, Spider began to realize his statistics would be invalid if she came along. Spider was sure she was coming with him, but he was sure Deadpool was coming with him as well and that didn't turn out well. Putting a fist to his mouth as he coughed, Spider began to formulate am awe inspiring speech to pursue Natasha to stay with him.

"So uh," he began. "I still have this food and Deadpool kinda connected us as a group right before he... vanished. Are you, um, up for coming back with me to the little pod room me and my companions kinda woke up in. You don't have to, of course! But, if you wanted to come along, I would be okay with that."

Nailed it.

(Oh god, sorry for taking so long to do such a bad post. Do forgive me. >.<)

Edited by Doctortear

Had Spider not been paying the least bit of attention? Deadpool had disappeared right in front of them! That seemed like something that should have been immediately noticed, even if you weren't completely focused. Natasha was, to say the least, feeling a bit annoyed. Spider hadn't seemed incompetent before; why the sudden lapse in attention? A quick scan of her surroundings didn't reveal anything distracting. Had he simply started thinking about something or other? If he had, then he may have had a very short attention span. Natasha expected her allies to be somewhat competent. If Spider couldn't notice something as simply as someone teleporting away, well, then she wasn't sure that he would be useful instead of just dead weight. Yet, a growl of her stomach reminded her that she still didn't have a food source, and Spider did. That, at least, would be enough for Spider to be somewhat helpful for a little while. If the food ran out and Spider proved to be useless, then she could leave. Until then, forming an alliance was still her best bet. Besides, one mistake didn't really prove much. Spider most likely didn't have any serious military or similar training, but he had shown superhuman agility, ideas about what had happened to the city, and the strange ability to shoot webbing out of his hands.

"So uh, I still have this food and Deadpool kinda connected us as a group right before he... vanished. Are you, um, up for coming back with me to the little pod room me and my companions kinda woke up in. You don't have to, of course! But, if you wanted to come along, I would be okay with that."

Add 'socially awkward' to the list of Spider's traits. It sounded as if he was trying to make a good and inspiring speech, but he had failed miserably. If this was how he usually proposed alliances, then it would be best if he left any diplomatic talking to Natasha. She didn't remember, of course, but it felt like something she'd be good at. Simple and easy for her, but something that most people didn't quite grasp. There was also a problem she noticed with what Spider had said: did he even know how to get back to the pod room? From what she remembered, he had been lost. Well, he hadn't outright said it; he had only said that he didn't know how to find his companions. Presumably everyone would meet back at the pod room, but if Spider and Natasha could even find the pod room... "Thank you," she said. She glanced around again for any sign of 'Deadpool', but she still didn't see him. Deciding that calming Spider down was more important than being able to react slightly faster at the moment, she slipped her gun back into its holster. "I thought that you didn't know where to find the pod room, though?"

((Sorry, I missed your post while I was away for the weekend and then I was at the school most of the day.))

Oh, that was right. He had to navigate a way to find the pod room, didn't he? Although he did not outright say it, Spider was completely and utterly lost. He had no idea where he was, nor did he have the resources to find his way back. Or, did he? With his new found climbing ability, Spider was sure he could scale one of the towering buildings around him and scan the city from a high vantage point. If anything, he'd be able to find the smoke from the camp he had visited only an hour or so ago. Maybe if he found the camp, he could retrace his steps and fine the pod room. Perhaps he'd get lucky and even find Clint's knife again! The thought of returning what had been given to him as a temporary weapon was something that Spider enjoyed immensely. He wasn't sure about many of his actions, but he knew for sure that getting Clint his knife back was the right thing to do. Possible endangering his own life along with Natasha's was another side of the story, but, nevertheless, the idea was so appealing that Spider could not put it out of his head.

"Okay, I may have some poor recollection on where the pod room is," Spider said uneasily as he waggled one of his fingers comically. "But, I do know how to find it again. Since I can climb walls as you just say, I can scale to the top of this building behind me, find the smoke from the camp where I got tied up, retrace my steps, and then boom! Arrive right at the front door. Well, metaphorically speaking front door. There's really only one door that leads into it building unless you count that intent in the wall behind the mirror near the sink. That could possible be a secret-" Spider paused on his unusual thought. He hadn't really noticed until now, but, when in the bathroom, the mirror above the sink had some strange indents near the edge of it. It was possible that there was some sort of hidden door behind the mirror that needed to be triggered somehow, but how would take work with the sink in front of it? Spider had seen water coming out of the sink so it was usable. Was the pipeline not behind it? Maybe it was and the only way to open the hidden door was by removing the sink. Spider would try it out, but, by doing so, he'd eliminate their only source of clean water. Judging by how scrawny the woman and her crew looked and by the deserted feel of the city itself, Spider could guess that a steady flow of clean water was not very common.