Red2111

re-work breeding view

is it possible to resort the "choosign a mate" page away from the defualt order of the one you first tried to your dragon. maybe as a customization option or manual sort option? thsi way i dont have to go through my dragons progeny each time to recal which mate they like best.

when i go to breed him i have many mates to choose from.

as you can see from his progeny, Trixie is the best choice to give me a shimmer

user posted image

now when i go to breed my shimmer, it lists them in order of which dragon i tried with the shimmer first. (ie: trixie was the 2nd water i bred to the shimmer, so she's listed 2nd in the list)

user posted image

what i would like to see, is if Trixie could be listed first, as she's the most likely to give me a shimmer out of those three.

trixie only has 3, yes. so its easier to recall which mate is the better producer. but when you have progenys like this bloke where the only Lumina to produce a shimmer is 5 down the cue (discounting all the ones not listed becaus they tried and didn't produce or weren't interested).

having the prefered mate on top would make breeding a lot more easier imo

edit - or possibly have the list of possible mates sort itself in order of "last bred to" rather than "first bred to"

Edited by Red2111

I thought the one you have bred with most should sort first but I suppose that was never specified. Just checked with a shimmer and either my memory is off or it is by when they were bred. I think number of times makes sense. Last bred to makes sense as well, but sometimes I already mistake breed if I selected a mate from memory instead of checking the first time and the next time corrected - but since the mistake is listed first, I keep automatically selecting them. >.> Not against customization as long as it will auto default like now unless you change it through customizing it.

I thought the one you have bred with most should sort first but I suppose that was never specified. Just checked with a shimmer and either my memory is off or it is by when they were bred. I think number of times makes sense. Last bred to makes sense as well, but sometimes I already mistake breed if I selected a mate from memory instead of checking the first time and the next time corrected - but since the mistake is listed first, I keep automatically selecting them. >.> Not against customization as long as it will auto default like now unless you change it through customizing it.

Mine seem to give the most often successfully bred. I THINK....

there is already something like that in place. I can't say what exactly, but my 2g shimmer which produced lousy, now has his favorite mate on top even though it was like the 10th red i bred him to.

then my scroll has a glitch in it, because it lists all my dragons in order of when they were first bred with the dragon.

take this shimmer. progeny

true blue was actually tried 2nd to this line, but didnt produce.

this shimmer was last bred on the 17th

user posted image

it produced a shimmer and was bred to tru blue (check the progeny date)

yet when i go to breed the shimmer

user posted image

tru blue, the last one bred to it and the only one to produce a shimmer is second on the mates list. because it was the 2nd dragon i tried to breed to this line

But how did Moonstones Cherished Keeper do ? It won't care WHICH dragon type it produced, just that it did.

Yes indeed - two eggs from Keeper and only one from each of her other mates. So her most SUCCESSFUL mate is Moonstones Cherished Keeper - which is at the top of the list. The fact that YOU consider producing a shimmer is the mark of success is not the way the software will ever see it.

The most successful mate appears at the top. That was what I thought in the first place smile.gif

Wouldn't something like this fall under choosing a 'lifemate'? I think this was proposed elsewhere and may have even been accepted, but I'm not sure.

nah i dont think this is like choosing a lifetime mate, its just allowing you to set the order of the mates shown. choosing a life time mate would mean excluding all other mates from the dragons choice imo, this will still let you breed with other dragons

@ fuzz - nope, its still showing it in order of when i tried them. Moonstones Cherished Keeper is sorted first on my scroll for moonstone males, so when i first bred her, that would have been my first moonstone available to breed her with and would have shown up first in her que because i woulda picked the first one shown.

infact if you look on my scroll, those moonstones listed in her breed option list are in the exact order their listed on my scroll.

so imo, the way mates are shown on the breed menu either have to do with where they fall on your scroll or what order you've first tried them to your dragon; and its nothign to do with output or last bred at all.

edit - it would be much easier, breeding wise, if the last bred was qued to the top of the mate list imo. especially when you've gone through a slew of mates and only a few have even produced an egg, let alone the one you're goign for

Edited by Red2111

@ fuzz - nope, its still showing it in order of when i tried them. Moonstones Cherished Keeper is sorted first on my scroll for moonstone males, so when i first bred her, that would have been my first moonstone available to breed her with and would have shown up first in her que because i woulda picked the first one shown.

infact if you look on my scroll, those moonstones listed in her breed option list are in the exact order their listed on my scroll.

so imo, the way mates are shown on the breed menu either have to do with where they fall on your scroll or what order you've first tried them to your dragon; and its nothign to do with output or last bred at all.

edit - it would be much easier, breeding wise, if the last bred was qued to the top of the mate list imo. especially when you've gone through a slew of mates and only a few have even produced an egg, let alone the one you're goign for

You don't KNOW that's why keeper is at the top. Just a sec.

Yup. Take this one. He has bred MANY times to one moonstone, and once to another.

user posted image

MOST successfully to Moon Princess Izanami.

Most RECENTLY to the mother of the vamp - Moon Princess Inari. Who is above Moon Princess Izanami on my scroll, but shows lower on the breed list.

user posted image

I'm SURE it's the success rate that rules the order. The same applies to all mine, I am certain sure, but I am on capped internet here and am not opening and posting several ! And I do NOT want the last bred at the top of the list, myself. The most successful is probably the one that is most likely to give an egg, after all.

that example also proves my point as well fuzz.

Moon Princess Izanami (nice naming scheme btw, i love the sur name of Moon Princess for those babys wub.gif )

anyways, Moon Princess Izanami was also the first dragon you bred to your shimmer, hence why it shows up first in the que.

Moon Princess Inari was bred 2nd to the shimmer (interms of new mate wise) hence why its second.

i bet if you picked a 3rd Moonstone to breed to the shimmer and got two offspring, that 3rd Moonstone would still show up 3rd in the breeding que.

thats the point i'm making. breeding mates shouldn't be sorted in order of when they were tried, they should be sorted by last bred (or most successful as this also accomplishes making breeding easier imo)

edit - Midas (as much as this dragon irritates me) is a perfect example to prove to you it list by when a mate is tried rather than most successful. progeny

i recall this dragon well because i had to build him 3 mates from scratch before i found a mate he liked (ironically another greek mythology named gold *smh* )

you can check his 3 girls bron on date to see the order they were made.

GW was first, Simmone was 2nd and Persephone was 3rd

Midas was last bred on Jan 21st (as were simmone and persephone though i cant recall which i tried him too)

user posted image

as you can see from his progeny, persephone is his most successful mate out of the 3, yet when i go to breed him

user posted image

his mates show up in the order of when they were 1st bred to him. if it sorted by most successful mate, Persephone would be 1st.

if it sorted by last bred to, Simmone or Persephone would be 1st. that GW hasn't been bred in a while

user posted image

Edited by Red2111

Oh well. xd.png

Can't get THAT excited and I am locked, so am not about to test or I will get some perfect autod eggy !!!! Maybe TJ can TELL us what it is supposed to show xd.png

laugh.gif

yeah i hope he can. i'm just tiered of havign to check my shimmers progeny to recall which mate i like to breed them most becuase they like to pop out shinies and shifting through a bunch that love to give "no interest"

its either that or adding in another category to my breeding doc to keep track of the exact mate the dragon prefers xd.png

edit - i just realized on my scroll simmone was sorted above persephone. so i sorted persephone above simmone and when to Midas's breed page.

still the same as the screen capture above.

so its 100% in order of when the mate is tried imo.

though i'd be interested to see where the SW falls on his list .... she was already bred when i did the screen capture though. unsure.gif

she should list first if its done by when they were 1st bred to Midas though. Clobber is older than the GW mate i built midas, meaning i bred Midas to the SW first.

Edited by Red2111

Just to confuse things: Have a look here: http://dragcave.net/progeny/KshHy

I see Slender Bender at the top, but Swift Sweeney was the most recently bred one (you can see the egg) and he's spot #3 of 4 mates. (I had actually tried one more Water before resorting to other watery breeds, but she rejected Slim Kim.)

It's also not sorted by mate's age (sequence in my example is 2nd oldest, 3rd oldest, youngest, oldest) nor number of eggs (13, 1, 8, 4) nor is it order of first mating (1st, 3rd, 4th, 2nd) which coincides with age of first offspring in my sample - she's a very avid egg-layer.

It's also not sorted by scroll order: the 3rd in the progeny listing is the first on my scroll, #1, #2 and #4 are further down on my scroll.

Any more theories? xd.png

edit: Well, the progeny listing appears to sort by mate's code. Ascii order puts numbers first, then uppercase characters in alphabetical order, then lowercase characters in alphabetical order, and all of your samples confirm this theory.

Fun thing, the question in the TLQ thread was about the progeny list, not the breeding list. Anyway, the breeding list showed them in sequence of either last breeding or number of eggs - I cannot tell.

Slender Bender (13 eggs), Swift Sweeney (7 eggs, now +1), Wave Bender (4 eggs), Cosmic Cobol (1 egg). Next week I'll be able to tell you if Swift Sweeney made it to the top with this week's breeding xd.png

Edited by Ruby Eyes

OK - so maybe it is as random as the way things show up when you go for a BSA - not even the same order from one time to the next and DEFINITELY not age order !!

well on his breeding page, the un-tried mates are listed in the order they appear on my scroll

unsure.gif

if it sorted by code (like the progeny apparently does) thsi should be the order

Simmone - S0MZE

Persephone - W2kPH

GW - YJQjr

which still doesn't match up with how his breeding que is listed

and age of the mate isn't it either. the gold shimmer in the OP's breeding list

Jay Que - May 15, 2012

Trixie - born on Jul 13, 2013

Iodas - born on Apr 16, 2013

if it was by youngest - oldest, then Ioda woudl be listed before Trixie

edit - fuzz, my BSA list isn't random. they show up in the order i have them sorted on my scroll.

the only change is the exclusion of ones not able to perform the action yet cause their not off CD.

Edited by Red2111

edit - fuzz, my BSA list isn't random. they show up in the order i have them sorted on my scroll.

the only change is the exclusion of ones not able to perform the action yet cause their not off CD.

The BSA adults, or the eggs to perform the BSA on?

No - I mean when you go to influence or incubate or whatever - the eggs available to act on are randomly ordered. So (to my occasional rage) I can't assume that the most recent pink egg I got is at the top of the list, as the OTHER pink that I got yesterday, that I don't care which way it genders, may be the one at the top of the list. Yes, usually you can tell by time left - but not if - for instance as I nearly messed up the other day - you got two as gifts...

@ Ruby - i thought fuzz was talking about the adults and how their listed. i never noticed until now that it lists the eggs randomly xd.png

No - I mean when you go to influence or incubate or whatever - the eggs available to act on are randomly ordered. So (to my occasional rage) I can't assume that the most recent pink egg I got is at the top of the list, as the OTHER pink that I got yesterday, that I don't care which way it genders, may be the one at the top of the list. Yes, usually you can tell by time left - but not if - for instance as I nearly messed up the other day - you got two as gifts...

ah i see what you're saying now and yeah i can't find any logic to how they sort either.

i just looked at it for a Male and Female Pink, a Red and a Teleport.

all the eggs appeared in the same order for those indiviual BSA actions ... but their not in any logical order and do seem random

it doesnt list them by

- breed

- rarity

- code

- generation

- scroll

- length of time on the scroll

blink.gif

and i know what you mean, i'd like that fixed too. *nods*

i like to influence any prize eggs i breed before settign them up in trade links, JIC they hatch before they get picked up. if 5 bronze shimmers produce at the same time, i end up opening two tabs on my browser

one has the BSA ready for influence and the other i click through the egg to rememebr the code then look at the lineage to triple check i'm influencing right.

Edited by Red2111

from what i can see in my dragons, its amount of breedings, not amount of eggs or percentage of successful breedings.