sparkle10184

Flappy Bird

Anyone else addicted to this game? Whether you play it on iPod, iPad, computer, or whatever other device, it is tough! My high score is two xd.png

The game seems really pointless to me so i never played more than once on a friend's phone.

Played it, got a score of seven, got really tired of it.

I'll just stick to being frustrated about adoptables.

If your looking for a stress relieving game, Flappy Bird is NOT the game you want.

Frustrating yet addictive xd.png I only have a score of 9, while I watched my friend get a score of 24...

I have not played it, and never will. I don't see the need to stress myself with a game like this. Games are supposed to be rewarding and fulfilling. With everything I'm hearing from my classmates and from reviews, the game would just leave me frustrated and in poor health.

It's frustrating but it feels very rewarding when I beat my high score wink.gif

Looool it sucks. Go play solitaire or something like that instead.

My friend got a 109... meanwhile i'm stuck with 34.. T__T

They're both pretty high scores, though.

I got a 60 without noticing, and when I started focusing to beat the score, I couldn't get more than ten xd.png I think the trick is to relax.

I had 28 before I got frusturated and deleted it... but I downloaded it again after a week and my highest score from the restart is only 9 xd.png

Well hopefully if you already have it downloaded you can still keep playing it.

I got frustrated at first but now I've learned to just relax and enjoy the challenge. I have an all time high score of 24 now :'D

My high score is currently 27.

...I FEEL PUMPED! TIME TO MAKE IT HIGHER... owowowowOOOOW!!!

Edited by Psyduсk

Well hopefully if you already have it downloaded you can still keep playing it.

Hopefully. I'd be mad if the game became unplayable, since I updated my ipad to an iOS I don't like just to get that game.

I'm probably one of the ones who is skeptical about the game actually going down... but that could be because of a few other "super popular" games that were supposed to be taken down and in the end turned out to never be happening. It was all just a marketing stunt.

So it could be along those lines, seeing as people are rushing to download the game...

or it could actually be a legal issue like the creator says it isn't. *shrugs* That's probably a bit more likely considering the pipes...

Anywho, my newest high score is 18. I'm trying to get it back up to 28 where it was before i deleted it....

Yah I agree it's probably a publicity stunt if anything. I read the game makes $50,000 a day in ad revenue. I really doubt if it weren't legal issues that he would want to take it down otherwise.

There's apparently another game that came out before this one that's almost identical

http://www.zanorg.com/prodperso/pioupiou.html

And along with the pipes....

Still a fun game (well, challenging game and a great "in between classes with nothing to do" game). I've got my score up to 26 now.

Anywho, my newest high score is 18. I'm trying to get it back up to 28 where it was before i deleted it....

Tip: The game is actually quite rhythm based, you have to time the taps to land on top of and in between pipes.

So, this game has been taken down on the App Store.

Honestly, I feel bad for the guy that made it. I mean, so what if the game makes 50k a day? That's no reason for everyone to be so mean to him. sad.gif

I think this comment (its been slightly edited for language) from Reddit member vagaryblue is a good synopsis of what might have happened.

"I feel very bad for the guy. For all I could imagine, his Flappy Bird was just a hobbyist project, something to do beside of the tedious work time. Suddenly it got success, he would feel excitement. Thousands of people following him on Twitter, press call him for interviews, money pouring in. It was great. Too excited with this sudden exposure, he slipped his mouth for the $50k/day income.

Then people start calling him names everywhere. Not just from Vietnam but from the whole globe. How he didn't deserve that money. How other great indie games did not share the same success as him. How his product was just a rip-off. How he supposedly cheat the system with bots. Rumors about companies preparing paperwork to sue him.

The Internet is really mean over him. We all forgot that this is an indie project from a guy where the game dev industry is almost non-existent. There is no competitive factor here. There is no game design 101 classes here. This game was designed with no dream of taking over the world in mind, nothing ambitious here to criticize. Did it cost anything to download it, play it, delete it or ignore it?

The moment he disclosed his income, that is the coffin for Flappy Bird."