Melomancer

Shifters

Halvor looked down at the dwarf and grinned back, it looked like the short little guy was sober now. Or at least that's what it looked like. "Explosives, eh? Sounds like you're an expert on 'em. Name's Halvor. What about you?" he answered, lying back onto his chair and drinking the last of his mead, settling the now empty bottle down on the table. While it looked otherwise, the mercenary did not stop paying attention to the people at the table while he spoke to the dwarf. "So, looks like we'll have a dynamite-loving dwarf and this archer elf on our climb." he thought to himself, reflecting on what could be the group's main strengths and weaknesses with these people. Halvor chuckled to himself. Himself and his employers did not want the shifter fruit, while Elsa, the dwarf and the elf who introduced herself as Dahlia couldn't use it. "Man, what a huge and fancy mountain tour this will be."

Elsa smiled at Lucian's remark. "You respect us beast folk? Now that's something I don't hear very often. Hell, I was shunned in the community I was born at." she muttered and fixed her glasses. So, Lucian was a magic user while Xeon prefered a blade. Somewhat similar to how she used magic and Hal used a broadsword. "Ah! One more thing I should tell you: the water I can conjure is perfectly drinkable. And I know a few recipes to make some warm drinks, too... I can promise you no one's going to die of thirst or anything like that." the beastkin stated, very much proud of that ability. While the same couldn't be said for food, Halvor and her rarely if ever stocked up on water simply because Elsa could use her magic and quite literally get water in a blink of an eye. A tactic that was quite useful when bargaining with travelers they sometimes happened to stumble upon.

"But with that said, I'm afraid that water is the only element I can use. I've never been able to cast any other kinds of spells, even the very simple ones." the beastkin remarked, upon noticing that the elf caused a flower to bloom on the table. The cat lady turned to look at Dahlia. "So, you can use plant-based magic? Does that mean you can grow medical or other useful herbs?" Elsa asked curiously.

Xeon look at Dahlia "I never said that, Miss Dahlia. If you wish to come with us, you may." Xeon said as he bow to her and left the Tavern though the door, Lucian stayed until he heard something snap out side, Which sound like bones. Lucian got up from where he was sitting and walked though the Tavern doors to see Xeon have killed a wolf with his hand. He had on his body was a claw mark across his shoulder. Lucian look at the wolf and see it was not a gray or any other Forest Wolf, but one from the mountain. "What is a mountain wolf doing down here?" Lucian asked as Xeon went to the side of teh tavern to pick up on of the shovel and started to dig a hole for the wolf. "I don't know, it came as fast and quite, I did not caught on until it was on my chest ripping at my shoulder, so i had not choice but to snap it neck." Xeon said as he dug the hole. "So for our group, Shade, our chef, Dahlia, our archer, you, me, the Dwarf, If he choices to come with us, Hal and Else. Sound like a fair group to come with us." Xeon said as he keep on digging into the ground, as blood oozed from his shoulder.

Edited by draco8967

Dahlia

"I never said that, Miss Dahlia. If you wish to come with us, you may."

"Thank you," Dahlia replied with a respectful nod. After that Xeon left, but she didn't follow yet.

"Boomstick? I remember that name! It's a good gun.. I prefer explosives, though. I'd be willing got come with you. I need to go up to collect more dynamite anyway. What's yer name? I didn't quite catch it earlier."

Oh, wonderful. Just wonderful. A drunk, explosion loving dwarf was coming? Dahlia had never liked dwarves much. While she couldn't deny that the dwarven traps did their job, they were messy and loud. Why would you want to disturb the quiet with a horrid explosion when you could shoot someone's heart out just as easily? Needless to say, Dahlia also didn't like excessive alcohol consumption.

"So, you can use plant-based magic? Does that mean you can grow medical or other useful herbs?"

"Yes, although I have to be careful. I know how to grow a few herbs, but if I make a mistake whomever I was trying to heal could get much worse. I'm better with poisons. The healers of my village usually took care of the medicine growing." Not that they can help much now. Dahlia smiled bitterly and without joy, but didn't volunteer any more information. She certainly wasn't going to drag herself through her painful history again just to tell it to a few people she didn't even know yet.

((How could Lucian hear the sound of bones breaking outside, while he was in a (noisy) inn?))

"Names Mane." The dwarf gulped down his Tea."I'd be happy to come along. When do we go?" He said, his speech slurred due to still being slightly drunk.

Dargar slipped on a piece of ice and fell to the ground. Cursing, he got up and pulled his cloak tighter around him. The weather was getting colder. Soon, the animals would get more dangerous. As he thought that, he heard a loud bellowing sound from up ahead. Eyes wide open, he gestured to Bleu and Vegito."Shh! Be quiet. I hear something ahead."

((they are Close to the door, and Lucian is a dragon. hearing is something that dragon like to have, and he always pay attention to everything around him. Will reply soon))

"You'd be willing to come along? That's great news!" the mercenary lied back and repositioned his legs back on the table. "With that said, it's not up to me to decide if you can come along, it's up to my employer. But I from what I've seen, I think he'd be willing to let you tag along. And in my eyes, a dwarf would be a great addition to our group!" Halvor grinned with a short-lasted hearty laugh and relaxed on his chair.

"So you need all of your focus to make medical herbs grow, or else you might end up with something harmful to who's being treated... I see." Elsa responded, trying to ignore the fact Halvor's feet was once again on the table, and looked at the female elf who was smiling, although it didn't look like a very sincere smile. If her strong point was growing poisons, maybe she could drench the ammo that Hal used for his weapon with a toxic substance? It would certainly make the boomstick even deadlier than it was, the beastkin thought, her feline ears twitched slightly. "Oh, I haven't told you my name, have I? I'm Elsa. Nice to meet you."

Vegito looked but he couldn't put his eye on it. (pun there hehehe.) "I've no idea what it is. Looks covered in metal. Maybe I could stall it. While you guys run."

(It's not a metal spider. They live in the dwarf territory.)

"No. I don't doubt your strength, but we have to stick together. We won't leave you. Just lay low until it leaves." The roar rang out again, softer this time.

Xeon finish digging and baring the dead wolf that was killed. He set the shovel back against the wall, and walked back into the tavern and went to the back of the tavern and grab a shot of vaca from the table close to him and pour it on his wound that was still bleeding. He grown in pain from it and moved his sheet over it so no one know it was there.

Lucian was sitting outside now and wait for the group to get ready to leave now, seeing how they need to be moving to the mountain, so they may start their journey up the mountain.

With a big sack of meat tied securely to his back, Shade walked out the back door of the Inn.

He glanced around as he walked along to the front of the large building, he didn't get the exact time they would leave from Xeon, so it was better to be early than late...

Lucian turn his head and look at Shade, and could see the huge pile of meat on his back. "So you must be Shard, which if I remember correctly you where the one who brought the food to us." Lucian said to Shard. He look up at the orange sky. "We need to be leaving here soon so I'll go get everyone, and we will start to leave." Lucian walked back into the inn and look at the group. "We are leaving soon, so everyone get ready to leave." Lucian said to teh group they have gather and head for the back of the inn where Xeon was at. "Let get ready to leave, it almost night, and we have not yet started our journey up the mountain." Xeon look up at Lucian and nod his head. "You are right we should get moving now have everyone meet at the front and we will leave." Xeon said as he walked to the front and saw Shade. "So, how far are you going to go with us, Shade?" Xeon asked as he moved his shirt over his shoulder and place his sword on his back.

Lucian came to the group and look at them. "Xeon wants us to come to the front and meet him there so we may start leaving."

Dahlia

"Hello, Elsa. Nice to meet you, too," Dahlia replied. Elsa seemed decent, but her companion, Halvor, was annoying. Feet on the table? Really? He needed to be more serious if he was going to stand a chance on the mountain, and so did the dwarf that Halvor thought 'would make a great addition to the group'. Didn't dwarves try to stop people from climbing the mountain, anyway? Dahlia would be watching her back around him.

"We are leaving soon, so everyone get ready to leave."

Oh, look, Lucian was back. Normally Dahlia wouldn't be too keen to follow orders like that, but what had she been trying to do again? Right, not make people dislike her. Had to keep working on that. She walked a short ways away and put her half-empty drink on a counter top. When she returned, she could see that Lucian had left again. Now where was he?

"Xeon wants us to come to the front and meet him there so we may start leaving."

There he was. "Yes, we get it, we're leaving," she said, not quite able to contain her annoyance. She had counted three variations of 'leave' in Lucian's last two sentences. Not bothering to wait for the rest, she headed out the door. Leaning up against the side of the building was a shovel, with what looked like a recently dug and filled hole. That hadn't been there before, had it? Curious, she took the shovel and scraped away some of the dirt, quickly finding a dead mountain wolf. It hadn't rotted at all, which meant that it was recently killed. She covered the wolf with dirt again and dropped the shovel, reaching back for her bow. Why would there be a dead wolf? Someone had killed and buried it, obviously, but for what reason? Mountain wolves had thick fur, but if someone had buried it they didn't care about that.

Halvor grinned and took his feet off the table, standing up from his chair, and so did Elsa. It sounded like they were leaving already, which kind of caught Halvor by surprise. No final preparations? That seemed like a bold move, going there without any supplies or even rest. The duo did as was requested and headed to the entrance, where they'd all meet up. The mercenary raised an eyebrow as he noticed Dahlia reaching for her bow, and he also noted the shovel and the dirt mound. "Hey, something wrong?' Halvor asked, eyeing his surroundings before looking back at the elf.

Mane stood up and trotted over to the others."Don't forget about me." He followed behind them. "Seven of us. A good number. We should be fine."

The large mammal shook the falling snow off its two horns. It looked around frantically. It had smelled something earlier. Perhaps a dragon. No matter, he was three metres from snout to tail. Nobody was going to mess with him. He shook his body, sending snow flying off his grey fur. Agitated, he stomped on the ground."He didn't worry about his safety, but this was HIS turf. How dare they just show up? He spotted something and charged at it, shattering the large rocks into fragments. Snorting angrily, he trotted off.

Dargar got up from their hiding spot."Good thing it didn't notice us.."

Lucian came up to Xeon and look down at him. "I believe that everyone here, so let start leaving." Lucian said to everyone, as Xeon lean against him, holding his right shoulder, as his clothing was starting to get darker. Something about Xeon was off to Lucian. Lucian bent his head down to Xeon and whisper "Are you ok, Xeon, it looks as if you are in pain, and judging by how you are leaning against me, I would guess you are in a lot of pain." Xeon met his eyes and back off Lucian without saying a word, and started to walk away from the group into the forest and head for the base of the mountain. 'What have got into him?' Lucian thought to himself. than he notice something that was on the ground next to his feet, a small pool of blood. Lucian look up, but saw that Xeon was gone. Lucian moved Dirt over the Blood and look back at the group and than back to the forest. 'Why did Xeon get so cold all of a sudden, it not like him.'

((I'm going to jump in here, btw Zoralyth is a Dark Myst Pygmy. This is a bit of a bump also.))

Zoralyth sat upon one of the castle-like inn towers, watching the group of seven talk to each other. They must be traveling up the mountain, Zoral thought.

Zoral quickly threw on one of his few invisibility spells and stood still while one of the guards glanced in his direction. "That was close," Zoral muttered. He jumped off the tower and glided down, then started running towards a large tree before his weak invisibility wore out. The dark myst pygmy, rather large for his breed, climbed up towards his favorite branch of the tree, which had a small window through the leaves with perfect vision of the surrounding area, and watched the group. I believe the cat lady is the guide.

"I'll have to follow them, maybe join them later."

Edited by Razzyy

Ohzoc looked around, and saw that the few people who had watched him scream at the dorsal had dispersed. The Dorsal slapped him to the ground and walked off, apparently uninterested. Cursing, he flew out of the inn, spinning in mid air. He was going to do it by himself. At his height, he would be obviously seen by anyone nearby as a twirling red object.

((Does anyone know where the Hell Metal went to? And for the sake of a Bump as well))

Shade watched the group start to gather, a small variety of creatures which was good, soon they would be off!

But at the same time, the sky would be darkening soon, they might make it to the mountain but climbing it at night didn't seem like a good idea. "If we hurry we might make it to the bottom of the mountain by night fall," he spoke up, "who are we waiting on?"

Best to leave now than wait any longer...

Lucian shook his head. "We are waiting on no one, So let get moving." Lucian said as he pick up Elsa, Hal, Mane, and Dahlia. "It would be faster if they rode on my back than walking, It will make up time for us and let us set camp closer to the mountain." Lucian said to Shade as he walked past him. Xeon was gone, towards that mountain. He started to pick up the pace, and hope Shade followed close behind, even with all that meat on his back.

Mane put his hands in his pockets. "A'ight, I think we shouldn't wait fer anyone. We've stalled too long. Lets go." He pulled out a small knife from his belt and held tightly to it. The mountain climb was going to be long and dangerous, but he needed more dynamite. It was definitely safer to be have such a large company, they would hopefully make it pretty high.

Dargar walked towards Vegito and Bleu. "So, we need to be quiet. Or else an avalanche could kill us. Keep together." He lifted his stick and felt the ground in front of him to avoid stepping in holes. Satisfied, he stepped forward into the snow, expecting the two to follow." The slope is getting steeper."

Vegito

"That looks more like a deer. Oh whatever. We've got enough food for the journey and i'm tired of stalling." He walked on with Dragar. He cracked his knuckles. "Well then this must be it. The mountain is upon us and the challenges lay ahead."

"Yes. There may be orcs somewhere, so we have to be careful. I'm not too familiar with them myself, but I know for sure they're dangerous in numbers."

Dargar stepped forward into the wind, still feeling the ground with his stick.

"So, Vegito. I'm curious about you. Where are you from? Come on, give an old man a bit of conversation."

Dahlia

"Hey, something wrong?"

"Underneath that dirt mound is a recently killed mountain wolf," said Dahlia, still holding her bow cautiously. "Someone must have killed it, and I am a bit concerned about there being a mountain wolf not on the mountain. Either it came down here and was killed, or someone dragged it all the way down here simply to bury it."

Out of the corner of her one remaining eye, she noticed Xeon leaning against Lucian. Xeon's clothing was bloody; had he been wounded? Well, obviously. Xeon and Lucian didn't seem to be talking about it, either. Xeon then started to walk off on his own.

"Why did Xeon get so cold all of a sudden, it not like him."

Dahlia shrugged. Well, if Xeon was an idiot then it wasn't her problem. Wounded and not waiting for the rest of them? She gave him a few days on the mountain. He certainly wasn't going to reach the top, anyways. Deciding that she wasn't in any immediate danger, she put her bow away.

"Alright, let's go," she said, accepting Lucian's offer of a ride. She would have preferred to walk, and a part of her wanted to be stubborn and refuse the offer, but practicality was important. She didn't want to end up being too tired to help in a fight because she was trying to keep up with the dragons.