Melomancer

Shifters

"Hmm? No thanks. I'm not interested in that." He pulled out a fur jacket." Come, you should warm up before climbing. Stock up on food." He handed the man a bag of dried venison." I'm Dargar. What are your names?" He bit down into the newly cooked turkey leg.

"No, you probably don't. I'm just an old man camping out here. I figured, well, I haven't got that much time left, so might as well go see the sights while I still can." He said to the Wyvern. He offered her the now cooked rabbit." Well, come over here, keep an old man company."

"Ah, yes. The mountain. I don't go up high, but I like staying near the base. Plenty of game." He put the cooked rabbit down and started roasting a turkey leg." Hmm.. You want to climb the mountain? It's nearly impossible to climb solo. You need to find people to

accompany you. I can't be of much help, just a frail old man."

user posted image

Bleu Thorn

Bleu Thorn walked over to the old man and laid down next to him. "That is my problem, sir. Everyone left me. There are bigger game higher up." The wyvern thought for a minute. Maybe he could accompany her. She liked that thought. Helping this old man would be worth while. "Maybe I can help you get up there. I am built for the mountains. We can help each other."

"Again, I'm not interested in getting up, but company. If you want to get up there, I'm willing to help, but I myself am not interested." He tossed a piece of wood onto the flames, and the fire grew bigger." I'm ready to climb if you are, what do you two think?"

The smell of freshly prepared meat reached them as Shade returned with the food, again careful not to step on anyone as he made it back to their table.

He set the plates down in front of Lucian and Xeon, a big chunk of deer, and a well prepared chicken.

"Anything else I could get you?" He looked at the rest too.

((I went camping for five days and I don't know what is happening now. Can someone explain?))

Ohzoc

"I'm not a hatchling sunstone! Why does everyone assume that?" He lifted his tail and rubbed it in the Dorsal's face."YOU SEE THIS? YOU SEE MY TAIL? No stone on it. NO FRIGGIN STONE." He pulled his tail back. he lowered his head, before raising it slightly and muttering:"You're racist..."

(I put a summary on the front page.)

Xeon look at shade. "Thank you for the food." He said to shade, and hold out a small bag of gold, about 400 gold inside the bag. Xeon look back at Hal. "I was expecting more, but who am i to complain. But I will say this, we are not on a tour of the mountain, but yes we want to see the view of the top and maybe get some 'items'." Xeon said as he pulled out another bag of gold and started to count by 100's, until he count out 15 stacks. 'There half." Xeon said as he passed the bag to Hal.

user posted image

Bleu Thorn

"I'm always ready for a climb. I say we can go when we are all ready." Bleu looked around and and stood up to stretch her wings and legs. She was born for the climb. And she didn't even know that this climb could change her life.

Shade took the small sack form him, "No problem." Then he added, sounding slightly worried, "You're going to the mountain? Most people go in groups to stay safe, but let me warn you, not many make it back, and if they do its rarely as shifters... not to put you off of course."

These guys looked like they could make it up, but seeing some of the past warriors that declared that they would conquer the mountain and gain the power of the fruit return with missing limbs, broken bones and sicknesses, if they made it back at all, made him ever so slightly paranoid over the few years that he worked here.

Being a guardian dragon, he instinctively wanted to protect anyone who was in danger, knowing that someone was risking their lives and not being able to do anything about it was a torture.

Edited by Spark-Dragon

"Thank you for the information." Xeon said as he took a bit out of the chicken. Lucian did not waste time on finishing his deer meat. "We have face many challenges, and have overcome each one." Lucian said in a kind voice.

Dargar scooped up snow and poured it on the fire until it fizzled and went out." Lets go." He tied the remaining food in a bundle and placed them in his pack. He propped himself up with his staff and followed Vegito.

Smiling, Dargar replied:"Thank you, I appreciate the gesture. But your back is covered in spikes. My bottom is precious to me. I think I'll walk." Chuckling softly, he started hobbling forward with his stick poking holes in the snow.

Elsa once again almost spilled her drink, but this time she was visibly surprised, almost as if choking on it. "Hey, you okay?" Halvor asked, upon noticing this. The cat lady simply nodded and gestured at him she was okay, while holding onto her throat. Halvor just shrugged and looked at the bags of money that were given to him. "I usually get paid after the job. But hey, who am I to complain, either?" the mercenary took the money and looked at Xeon, drinking some of the mead. "So, now that I'm at your service, what's your plan to tackle the so-feared mountain?" he asked.

"So then let's go guys." He kept walking happily. "Anyways. Do you think orcs and dwarves are edible. This map says there are some camps of those. Their meat shouldn't be too tender nor too buff."

Uki'Sar Khan Uki, you are going to turn your bony tail right back around and get back to climbing this instant.

It was almost comical. He could've sworn he heard a demon snarling at him from inside his cranium.

We did not pack that many supplies just so you could stuff it in your Fill-Her-Up Hex bags and trot back down the mountain. You will turn around and get right back to where we were before within the next ten seconds, or by satan's might arse I'm going to -

Except it wasn't comical. And it wasn't a demon. That was his wife growling at him through his skull. From the staff she disguised herself as. Such a blessing.

Khan was an intelligent man, for a Simine. He knew more than ten languages, he'd memorized his entire archive of spells and tricks in his librarium, he'd outsmarted creatures from Dragons to Giants - - and damn it all, he knew when he needed a different plan. Because his wife's plan? Didn't end up working. The last party they tried bringing up there tried to kill them. Him more specifically. He killed them, of course and she took her disguise after she was done with the looting. But after that, no, there was no way in the fifteen planes of Gigasmorath that he was going to climb up the rest of the way alone. He needed a new party, and he needed a drink. Preferably something peach flavored. Especially to deal with more of her shouting. He wondered if she ever loved him sometimes.

Previously, the ape trickster had tried going back down the traditional trail, but after catching sight of the miniscule party heading up, he took a different route. Besides, they didn't look very . . . dependable to him? Especially talking about eating Orcs and Dwarves. Seriously, who does that? Trolls? He didn't want any part of that.

Thankfully, the distant din of the tavern was good to focus on for driving out the psychic snipping of his beloved, as lacking in the love department as she was. He hefted his bag back over his shoulder, using her as a more supportive cane to keep him from tipping over by the weight of such as he walked back over to the Lorencian National and waved to the two Royals guarding such. By their looks, they probably didn't expect him back in only a couple of days, but he wasn't willing to explain how he came back fruitless and partyless. So instead, he just strolled in to take his place at the bar, where he finally dropped his staves against the next stool and relaxed. He took a deep breath.

" That's... the second party that tried to kill me on the way up."

He then slowly slumped forward, proceeding to bury his face in his hands as his elbows slid to the counter. A long, sighing groan was all that followed. " Can I just get one of those Dragon-burned Brandies?" he asked, lifting one finger of a freed hand to move the support of his face to the other," That'd be great."

The ape mage waited for his drink with a rap-tap-tapping of his fingers against the counter before rubbing the bridge of his nose, complaining loudly. " Just how hard is it to actually find a loyal party for that goddamned mountain... - !?"

{{ aaaand i need to go lay down. Tuna doesn't seem to sit well with me }}

{{ Blahhhgh }}

(I love tuna!)

The royal crimson turned to watch the guy walk in." Was that a.. Monkey man?" The second crimson nudged him gently." We aren't getting paid to ogle at guests." The first one turned back to the entrance and muttered"We aren't getting paid at all.." The second crimson laughed and retorted:" only because I've been stealing your pay for the last ten years." "WHAT?"

Dargar stared at the man in horror." That is disgusting. I absolutely forbid you from doing that. They are sentient races just like us. To even consider eating one would be disgusting.." He jabbed Vegito gently in the ribs with his staff. "There is plenty of prey on the base. We won't have to resort to that as long as we stock up now." He lifted his staff and poked around, until he found a hole." See? There's a rabbit hole right here." He reached in and pulled out a rabbit. The large female started squealing in terror." Enough meat to..." He noticed the baby rabbits cuddling together in fear inside the hole."Nevermind." He dropped the rabbit back in. The ground started to become harder as they walked." We're nearing the slope. This is when it gets hard. Be careful."

Vegito

"I was joking sheesh." He walked along and saw a bear. He rushed at it to punch it in the face. "Now this is some food."

Dargar sighed." Stop punching everything! Some things can be solved without violence." The bear roared and reared up. It slashed at Vegito with both claws, trying to cut him and then envelope him in a crushing bear-hug.

Vegito

"I'll crush you BEAR. THIS IS MY RESOLVE!" He tried to rip the bear in half with his full strength.

(It's kinda overpowered to beat a bear to death with your bear hands.

See what I did there?)

((I wouldn't say killing a bear with your bare hands is impossible (fictionally-speaking)... in Vegito's profile, it says he fights 'to eat and protect', which implies he takes down his hunting prey with his fists. And just as an example of other fiction, Zangief from Street Fighter can wrestle bears. And guess where Bear Hugger (Punch-Out!)'s name comes from?

...With that said, outright ripping a bear apart might be a little too far, so... tone it down a bit, maybe? ^^'))

( yeah, that's what I meant, ripping it in half. I googled it and apparently, a bunch of people have managed to do that. I was creating an opening for a bear pun. And tearing the bear in half would look quite.... Grizzly..)