RavenWolf1010

Facing the Insanity

Jet followed without hesitation. He simply dissolved, darting after Raven as a flash of darkness. Upon reaching the woods, he resumed his human form in front of the wolf. His forehead and eyebrows twitched until he could figure out how to raise an eyebrow. Well, go on! I'd like to get back to what I was doing before. the alien prompted. Even now his form flickered like he had some kind of bad connection. Edited by shadow_claw

Raven shifted, standing before the man wearing a dark sweatshirt, jeans, and a pair of tennis shoes. Her hair was pulled back in low ponytail, a few strands framed her face. "Happy?" She said, studying the male. "Now, it's your turn. What are you? There is no way you're human."

Rain turned and looked down at the small rabbit. As she neared, light could be seen emanting of her skin lightly. "No my dear," she stroked the small creatures head lightly. "I'm an angel." As beat up as she looked, she was still the angel she was before.

The creature gave a soft chuckle, his red eyes flashing. He liked this woman. It didn't seem as dumb as the other humans. Right you are. But can you take a guess at what? he purred in response. Jet smoothed the collar of his sportscoat after he spoke. The entity bared his sharp teeth in a grin and chuckled again. Edited by shadow_claw

"My first guess would be demon. But you're not quite that. More powerful." You really aren't from around here. Did you slip through a rip? The only reason Raven even knew of the other existing worlds was because she'd heard many stories of clones of the members of Greenfield. In fact, by the time she had come along, they had just cleaned up the mess it had made.

A small smirk played across her lips as she looked the man over. It seemed that, perhaps he was only using the human as a host. That would make him something inhuman. An alien?

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Hlao-roo tilted her head and welcomed the gentle hand. Her eyes grew as big as saucers when the girl said she was an angel. Rabbits didn't call them angels, they called them Frith's or Prince Rainbow's messengers. She sniffed the girls hand and scratched her ear with her hind leg. When Hlao saw the girls wings, a concerned look formed on her face.

"What happened to your wings?"

A sad smile weighed her face down. "I was a attacked, but they are mending." She spread them, wincing slightly. A lone feather spiraled to the ground, and she picked it up. It was a a silver one, and she had only a few. They stood out in the blackness of her wings. Twirling it between her fingers, she smiles once more, and handed it to the rabbit. "What are you doing so far from home?"

What was the human feeling...pride? Yes, he must be feeling pride. He was much better than any old demon. Demons destroyed just because he could, while Jet did it out of necessity. He peered at Raven from beneath his moderately long, snowy white hair. Indeed I did. The alien answered calmly. This world is barely enough to keep me alive. I must feed or my host will die. And that...that could destroy this world entirely.

Raven raised a brow. Yet a dark smile crept across her face. "I know of a place where you can feed as much as you like. You can feed of recently deceased right?" Perhaps she could help this... Alien creature. Make it so it would not have to steal away lives. Just take the ones who don't need it anymore.

Jet shook his head in response. No, I need energy that's still there. I take lifeforce, and the dead don't have that anymore. He answered with a sigh. He usually hung around hospitals and ate his fill that way, but it hadn't been enough that way. which was why he wiped out an entire city in less than an hour. It was enough to tide him over for now, but not quite. The energy that remains after your human 'death' is very little. I can use it...but I require much more.

She nodded. "I see. You feed of our souls." A new idea snapped into her head. "I know where you can feed." She tossed her head. "Come on, follow me." She was not about to let this man walk behind her. No, she did not trust him. That hunger lurked, and as far as she knew, he would try and consume her as soon as her back was turned.

Anne had been hunting a rabbit all day. She saw the beady black eyes of it inside a bush. She notched in an arrow in her bow and let go. It hit the rabbit and Anne rushed over. Her tame cougar growled, and Anne looked around. A green wolf. One of the ones native to the large volcano. She had investigated the place and it had a sheet metal shack with a barb fence poorly around it. There was a cave and a ton of wolf bones. These green wolves ruled it, and whatever human thing lived up there was long gone. What were they doing down here? She shot at the wolf but it was gone. Shocked, she took her rabbit and continued walking.

"Attacked? You were attacked by the thousands?" A smal tear rolled down her soft fur. She tried grabing the feather with her front paws but it sliped through. Instead, she straightened it out on the ground so she could see it. Hlao-roo sat back on her hind legs and stared up at the angel." Far? I'm not far from home. This used to be a great warren before man came in with their hurududu things. They destroyed the Sandleford, Sandleford is the warren. Bluebell, Captin Holly, Toadflax, and Pimpernel got away. They said they would find Bigwig- he was a member of the Owsla but he left when a rabbit named Fiver told him of a bad danger- and tell him he was right to leave." She kept her voice as happy as she could but inside she was crying." How are you an angel?"

( The Owsla is a group of trained rabbits who protected the warren. Owsas differ depending on what warren their from. Some are tyrants and bullys while others are good samaritins and big brothers.)

"No no, evil ones. Demons." As she listened to the rabbit, she smiled sympatheticly. "I'm sorry to hear that, little one." As she asked her second question, Rain thought for a few moments. "I've always been an angel. God created me." She tilted her head.

Hlao looked dredfully confused when the girl said she had always been an angel." Umm.....What's an angel and a demon? What's a god?" Of course rabits don't use the word god either. They have one god-Frith- and they call him by his name. "Oooh! Oh! Men....men are evil too!" She said, thankfull that she knew what evil was. She heared a twig snap in the forest behind her and she jumped. Hlao-roo spun her head aroud to face the darkened woods. Her ears stood straight up and twards the forest. A few seconds pased and she turned around to talk to her angel friend again. " and why does man want to destroy all that is good?" She said inocently.

(((Sure. I'll bring back an old character)))

Username:padfoot

Name:Ezekiel Warr

Sex:male

Appearance:Zeke

Creature/power:Skinwalker

Personality: rped

Family: part of his history

History: longer than I care to write.

Other:

This story is different. It doesn't happen in the dead of a stormy night. This happens on an average sunny Tuesday. His fairy tale did not have a happy ending either. No no, in fact, he did not claim the kingdom. He did not get the girl of his dreams. He didn't even die a hero's death. all that said, sometime the most unlikely of people get a second chance. This man's story rises from the ashes of his failures.

An old woman, a ragity, brown cloak hung off of her thin frame, walked through a graveyard located a few miles outside of the town of Greenfield. Her walking stick sang into the soft earth as she neared the crooked headstone underneath a great oak. She stopped in front of the gravestone and chuckled, a sound much like the crackle of dried leaves, "Ezekiel, you old dog, I'm getting quite tired of rescuing your family", he woman croaked. She produced a shovel he was keeping somewhere inside her cloak and started to dig.

There was a reason that the grave diggers buried this man under a young oak. They knew what he was capable off and the roots would make sure that he would stay asleep. The frail woman made sort work of the roots by taping them with her walking stick. The roots parted for the woman, driven by a unseen force. She continued digging.

When she his the six foot marker, she reached the casket. It was simple. Pine boards were as new looking as when they stuck him in the ground. Upon closer inspection, his casket was locked up tight with nails every four inches around the lid. the old woman smiled and tapped the lid. It exploded outward and sailed out of the hole with ease. She pursed her lips and made a clicking sound with her tongue, "Look what they did to you", she said to the burnt and decaying corpse. She reached into a satchel and pulled out a vial of blood and popped the top, "Rise and shine, sweety", she cooed as she dumped the blood on the body, "Time to restart the Warr".

Almost instantly, the corpse shot up, coughing and clutching at his face and chest. The long dead organs under his leathery skin began to work again. His heart pumped away the cobwebs. His lungs coughed up dust. Zeke was back.

After an long climb with the help of his resurrector, Zeke lay on the grass and let the sun warm his decrepit body. He was blind, his eyes eaten by the worms long ago. His tongue was the same. The old woman slapped his once on the cheek, "Come on lazy bones, time to get up", he cackled and hauled him to his feet with surprising strength, "Your regeneration will get you up and running soon enough but for now, we need to get out of here. This specific kind of magic is not looked on very fondly in these parts". She lead the walking corpse from the graveyard and into the surrounding woods.

Zeke, still unable to see or speak, relied on his other senses as The old woman lead him deeper and deeper into the woods. A trail formed in front of them as they walked for easier travel. After what seemed like years of painful steps, he finally was allowed to siit on a fallen log. The old woman pulled back her cloak the reveal her wrinkled face. You would not guess this woman was hundreds of years old just by looking at her, "Ezekiel, I'm going to have to leave you here. My job is complete and your body will be back up in order in a few days. Don't get eaten by the wildlife and take care", She said, slapping a pair of shackled on his wrist, the chains broken a few links in, "I'll be back to check on you soon". She turned to walk away and Zeke grabbed for the hem of her garment. This tongue was finished forming and he was trying to speak, "Th...Tha-Thank....Yyyyou", he stammered, "Baba Yaga", she looked at him with the cold eyes of a vulture, "Don't thank me yet Warr. Sometimes dead is better", she said. Then she was gone, leaving Zeke blind and alone in the forest.

"They are like young ones, not knowing any better." She sighed, looking up. There had been a disurbance; an unbalancing of scales. Something isn't right. It's been too long... I can't put my finger on it anymore.

Rain had originally been fighting in a war between demons and the angels, when a demon by the name of Damon, had taken her captive. He was one of the Originals, and had been powerful enough to keep her under lock and key for many years. By the time she'd frees herself, the war had ended.

Rain had not chosen to go back to Heaven yet. She rather keep balance among the chaotic cities, but her main focus was keeping demons were they belonged, in Hell. And with staying on Earth, comes the dulling of her angelic senses, for had she been on Earth only a few months rather than a few years, she would have been able to pinpoint the location of the imbalance, and what it was.

"I must go now little one." She stood, her wings had mended in the short time, but her clothes however, remained torn and dirty. Spotting a nearby clothes wore with fresh clothes, she snagged a pair of jeans that looked as though they would fit, and a t-shirt. Stopping to quickly change, the angel slipped into the new clothes, and then headed on her way.

Raven flicked an audit. Her fur stood on end as an unseen force of engery seemed to trickle by. "Did you feel that?" She asked suddenly, turning to the male. It's just my imagination. Shaking her skull, she peered into the trees for a few moments longer, and then moved on.

Hla-roo nodded. If someone came here once they would always come back. Even if they hated the place, they kept comming back. She hopped twards the yard she had run through when trying to get away from the cat. She wiggled under the gate and into the garden." Flayrah!" She hurried to find a nice raddish and once one was found, she began taking small nibbles off of it. After two or three bites the small rabbit raised her head and quikly checked the area for ellil then went back to her meal. Hlao finished wjat she wanted of the raddish and then searched the garden for a carrot. She manuvered through the rows of lettuce and mint and other plants fit to be mans food untill finaly, the cotton-tail stod before the bigest and juicyest carrots she'd ever seen. She was about to begin eating when she reminded herself to check for ellil again. When she saw that all seemed well, she became suspisious of the lack of enemys. By this time there would at least been a hawk in the area. Hlao-roo took a quik cunck out of the nearest carrot and ran. She swalloed the oarnge root and slid under the gait again.

After what felt like hours Zeke had not made much headway in reconstructing his body. The most he was able to pull off was his eyes were finally up and running and a thin, patchy layer of blue hair was growing from the tight skin stretched over his skull. He carefully rose from the fallen tree he was resting on and listened. Outside his head, there were normal nature sounds. Inside was a different story. He could hear his wolf waking back up somewhere deep in his soul. He looked down at his hands and made a face. They were still grey and decayed. Mostly skin and bone that cracked and flaked when he made a fist, "Ew", he said. He had no idea which way Greenfield was but he was getting a good idea based on the direction Baba Yaga took him. He could still see the disturbed leaves where he stumbled. He shrugged, a action that caused more unnatural sounds, and started walking.

Raven turned back to the male once more. "I have to check this out." She bounded back into the brush, trying to track the weak field of energy. It's... Almost familiar... With a furrowed brow, she easily glided though the woods. What she had seen next was enough to give her nightmares for the rest of her life. "What the censorkip.gif on God's green Earth is that?!" It seemed... Human. Yet all senses were telling her to get the hell out of Dodge.

Meanwhile, within the Elko city limits, a search was taking place. A search that held enormous weight, and had the very balance of good and evil resting on its outcome. And yet, the only one taking part was an entity with the appearance of a young human girl. This entity, however, was not to be underestimated, for she held in her very being the force of good. Her name was Yang, and despite her timid appearance, she was willing to do whatever it took to find her target and bring her back into her custody.

Unfortunately, her target was a city away.

In Greenfield, another presence stirred. One strikingly similar to Yang, yet different in nearly all aspects. Like the aforementioned entity, she seemed to be noting more than a young girl wandering lost and alone in the shadows. Yet, she had a plan in mind. She wasn't lost. No, she was merely scouting, keeping her turf free of any good-doers. After all, she was Yin, the living embodiment of evil, and she had to keep the heroes away from her base. If she could hold them off, which she was confident that she could, she would be able to initiate phase II of her plan.

And her plan was to destroy the balance.

Zeke's earless skull could not focus in on sound. The sound of the wolf growing near was only background noise to his trip. He lifted his hand to look at the metal shackles that Baba Yaga had slapped on him before she left. They seemed normal. No symbols. No strange metal. They seemed like normal cuffs. He dropped his hand to his side, the three chain links hanging from the shackles jingled. He had only been walking for a few minutes and he was already sick of it. He felt like he was going to fall apart any step and he was wearing the burnt tuxedo he was buried in that left ash and small strips of fabric in his wake.

Her sensitive nose wrinkled at the smell. Is that... a walking corpse?! She loped behind him, her head low to the ground. She would pause every so often, lifting her heavy skull to look at the creature. "What are you?" She mumbled. Her sixth sense started to go haywire again. As she contemplated, why it would, a conclusion snapped into her head. It can't be him... No.. There's no way... But she had to try. "Zeke?" She called, stepping forward a few steps. Had this been the man that had a "sweet tooth" for alcohol, and that she had welcomed into her house, so long ago?

Zeke froze when a voice said his name behind him. He turned slowly and looked at the black wolf behind him. It looked a lot like Raven but he wasn't sure, "Uhhhhh... Kinda?", he said with another shrug. He quite enjoyed little movements. Actually, now that he was thinking about it, he missed everything about living. Living more is a lot better than being dead. Who knew? If he was just going crazy and Zeke was talking to a actual wolf, then he was about to die and there was no way he was going to be able to fight back. His wolf was still out of commission and he was about as strong as you average 90 year old. Maybe these stupid shackles could do some damage.