RavenWolf1010

Facing the Insanity

(Bump)

Raven looked to Anne. She then leapt onto Brutus with a mighty roar. It was a cross of a scream, and a snarl.

Brutus tried to stab Raven's exposed belly when an arrow was shot into his shin. Anne had picked up her bow and started to fire them at the oncoming fox troop. This man was relentless. Though it was no different than fighting wild animals.

Zeke let out a relieved sigh when he finally reached a town. He looked down at his still decayed hands and frowned. This was going to be awkward. He walked until he found a familiar bakery and knocked on the door. Hopefully she would recognize him in his post death state and not try to behead him or something.

Dreama frowned when she heard the knock on her door before getting out of bed. Blowing a small flame into her hand she held it up as she moved to the door. Opening it up she stared at the figure on the other side. About to scream at the decayed figure there she stopped when she got a closer look. Lowering the flames onto a candle she then asked, " Zeke? Is that you?"

((Bump.))

Raven tumbled in the air, feeling the blade still nip her belly flesh. Snarling angrily, she flipped, then pushed off the wall (using her swimming skills, much like a flip turn in the air), and launched at Brutus again.

Zeke scratched the back of his head when his friend answered the door with a scream, "Hey Dreama", he said, unsure what else he could say, "Uh...mind If I come in. I'm pretty hungry". He knew from experience that he needed food to fuel his regeneration. His weakened state meant that his regeneration had all but stopped since he finished Raven's granola bars.

Dreama smiled to him before nodding, " Yeah come on in." Moving on into her home she then headed over to the kitchen. Smiling to have her old friend back she then moved around getting some food cooked for him. " It has been years. I have missed you. I left all your things up in the loft. Figured that one day you would want it and come get it and it's not like anyone else would stay up there. Now they are too scared of Ballad to bother me." Setting a bowl of cereal down first before moving back to the stove.

Hlao abandoned the now empty clearing to head back twards town, to go after that dead thing that was more than likley sent by Inle from the land beyond life. She hadn't had much to do lately so this new advinture like day seemed like just the ight thing for her. Acting unnatural,to Hlao-roo, had become natural. A rabbit living among menwould have to use their cleverness and wits passed their limit if they were to survive.

Rain hummed softly to herself as she wandered through town. The metaphor, "Dead man walking", seemed to make more sense to the angel as she saw a figure with nothing but charred skin stretched over their form. What on God's green Earth? As he disappeared into the house she crept closer. She instantly picked up the electric crackle of dark magic. Well there explains that. Peering through a window, she tried to make out what was happening.

Because Rain had originally came from Heaven, she hadn't exactly learned all the human's 'rules', and often would almost behave like a young child, still naïve to what's expected of society.

Such as, to not snoop.

Yet it was sort of her duty to keep everything balanced amongst where she'd been stationed.

And someone that's supposedly supposed to be dead, and then being brought back, could tip the scales.

Zeke graciously ate the bowl of cereal that Dreama placed in front of him and poured another. He knew it was rude to eat everything in sight but he couldn't control himself. He was just so hungry. He smiled when Dreama said she missed him, "I would say the same thing but I was dead", he said bluntly. It wasn't like he remembered being dead, he just remembered his death and then waking up in that coffin with that damn witch looming over him. His appearance began to smooth out as new skin began to form and his hair continued to grow, still a strange shade of blue. He was surprised that she kept his stuff for that long. He had been dead for almost four years after all. He kinda expected to be just a distance memory to his friends. He wondered if anyone even knew he was killed.

Dreama soon set some more food down for him before pouring them both some tea. Sitting down she then looked up at him in surprise, " I didn't know. People around here come and go as they please. I just figured your life back home had cleared up." Seeing him become more human right before her eyes she then tilted her head, " A bit of sun should have you looking more like your old self instead of a smurf." As she took another drink of her tea she then tilted her head a bit, " All your stuff is in the loft besides the food. After awhile I had to clean it out before it started to rot. But if you want a shower the water still runs and your clothes are still there."

Zeke was grateful to finally get some warm food in his system. He could feel the stiffness of rigamortis leaving his joints and his wolf reattaching to his soul. He was finally feeling normal again. He smiled across the table at Dreama, 'Thank you so much Dreama. You have no idea what this means to a walking corpse", he said as he sipped his tea, welcoming the burning on his restoring tounge. He reached for a sausage link in the middle for the table, his shackle jingled as he did so, 'So anything happen?"

Drama just smiled back to him, " You are very welcome Zeke." Taking another sip of her tea as he ate she then looked back up. " Not much. After you left had to hire a new employee to run the front of the bakery. I'm tolerated a bit more around town. Uh a demon horse has somewhat adopted the barn. She comes and goes." Shrugging she then moved the bowl of sausage links closer to him. " Do I even want to know how you died?"

Brutus stuck his fist out, waiting anxiously for her to pound snout first into it. The foxes were all dead though. Outside, was a battle. Green wolves of the mountain vs Brutus's albino fox troop. The foxes slowly were winning, but the battle could give an escape.

"Fight or Flight?" Anne asked quickly noticing the battle going on outside. Brutus walked out the door, and joined the fight against the green wolves. Yep. Average day in the wild.

"I think it's about time we pull out." Raven glanced at the fight outside. She hated to leave her kind behind, but they seemed to handling themselves well enough.

Hlao-roo bounded after the sent of decayed flesh that seemed to grow weaker no mater how close she got. She folowed the smell untill she reached a house with the strange scent of bread and fruit comming from it. After circling the house she found her angel friend looking through the windows. " If you look inside like that, the men inside will be veary mad. They don't like people looking through the hard water." Hard water is what little Hlao had come to call glass. The rabbits don't have words for many man things because man, is not usualy or natutaly patt of their lives.

" I've seen places like this before and they don't seem to mind if someone walks in without beinv invited. The people seem to like it really." Her little british voice seemed veary curious about the angel. " Are you really one of Frith's messangers!?"

The angel blinked in surprise at the sudden appearance of her rabbit friend. Taking note of what she'd said, she pulled away from the windows. Rain cleared her throat with something that could be described as embrassment. Nodding she spoke, "Of course. I was created by Him, to serve Him." Shaking her head, she sighed. "I don't know much about humans and what their many rules are. So much is just... expected. No one... tells you not to do certain things. How can you be expected to not do them?" Such concepts were lost on the angel.

Zeke shook his head, "Oh yeah. I know how I was killed", he said with some venom in his voice, "after the showdown with the wolves from the mountain and Raven's little clan. I figured that I would help. Nope. Woke up in the ruined remains of a house being bound and accused arranging the damage. Was burned alive at the stake that night and not a single person showed up to try to clear my name", he said. He really didn't blame anyone. It was human fear that painted the target on his back to begin with. He was sure everyone was just too busy to save him from being lynched. He realized that he had been just sitting there in silence after his story, "But it's in the past. I was brought back and everything is alright", he said, shrugging, "I guess".

Dreama looked to him as she heard about how he died. Turning her head away she then spoke, " I didn't know. You said you had something you had to do and that was the last I saw of you. Like I said before I figured you had just left your things in the loft and when you were ready would come get them." Taking a sip of her tea she then looked back to him, " Anything else I can do for you Zeke?"

"Well, I know they like you to give them square shaped leaves." Hlao thought for a moment. "They have wierd box like things that teach you stuff. Try looking at those."

(square shaped leaves= munny. Weird box like things = books)

Edited by elpdraws

Anne limped out the window, heading towards the concealed river. She opened the shrubbery and beckoned Raven to get in. Brutus stabbed some wolves, and saw their new pack leader. He grinned, and seized the one.

Raven's head snapped to Brutus. Glancing back to Anne, she shook her head. I can't let Brutus kill him. She turned to Brutus. Her eyes were ablaze with a new anger. This hurt and pain, she'd buried when Storm had disappeared. The wound was still raw, and it didn't help that he was still absent. Without anything else to ease her pain, it'd had festered. And now, she used it to fuel herself. "Not today you ugly censorkip.gif ." Running towards him, she snarled with such a ferocious, it sounded as though she was a hound of Hell itself. It had held so much anger and threat, that she nearly scared herself.

Zeke shook his hand at her, "no no. I don't blame you. You had no idea what was going on so I didn't expect you to come to the rescue", he said. He really didn't blame anyone really. He was a victim of circumstance after all. He sat back in his chair, finally full, "No Dreama, don't worry about me any more. I'll just sit here and watch my skin grow back", he said, looking at his arm. Raw skin was beginning to grow in patches over the stringy muscle forming from the dead tissue. He would admit that it was not a very good sight to behold.