Ashywolf

More information on Freezing

A little thing that has crossed my mind a few times, and it has certainly affected me before. I suggest a change with the Freezing action on hatchlings, which is Show the time left until you can use the freeze action again. It says 2 weeks. Sometimes the actions log can be used to determine this by counting down the freezes and doing some maths to work out when you can freeze again, but not always.

This is a fairly basic changes but for the users that do freeze it would be fairly significant.

Edited by Ashywolf

1. Show how many freezes you have left. Nothing more annoying than trying to freeze a hatchling and then having it say "You cannot do this because you have used too many in the past 2 weeks" out of the blue.

It already does show how many freezes are left.

Permanently prevent the hatchling from maturing into an adult. You may use this action 9 more times in the next two weeks.

Doesn't the first already happen? On one of my hatchlings it says:

"Permanently prevent the hatchling from maturing into an adult. You may use this action 8 more times in the next two weeks."

The second I definitely support.

Edit: ninja.gif'd

Edited by Nectaris

I think the problem is more that

#1 the two weeks is incorrect - I've heard in other threads that it is actually one week

#2 It states only how many times you can freeze again before your limit. It dose not say when your freezing ability will be reset.

ie. I use the freeze action on Monday the 30th, I use it again on Friday the 3rd, the next week I use it on Thursday the 9th. Now if you looked at it on the 10th I would see that it says I can use it say 6 more times in the next 2 weeks... but the usage from the first Monday will be reset on the 13th so it dose not truly reflect the amount of time which we are unable to freeze.

I think the problem is more that

#1 the two weeks is incorrect - I've heard in other threads that it is actually one week

#2 It states only how many times you can freeze again before your limit. It dose not say when your freezing ability will be reset.

ie. I use the freeze action on Monday the 30th, I use it again on Friday the 3rd, the next week I use it on Thursday the 9th. Now if you looked at it on the 10th I would see that it says I can use it say 6 more times in the next 2 weeks... but the usage from the first Monday will be reset on the 13th so it dose not truly reflect the amount of time which we are unable to freeze.

It's two. Take a look at an action page.

But you'll only have NO idea if you freeze an awful lot ! And there is also your activity log - if you freeze that often, some will probably still show up there.