CrypticAsterisk

Drako and Claw

Mina stiffened as a hand was put on her shoulder. Expecting it to be Venom, she spun around to backhand him. Luckily, she realized it was Radian and stopped halfway through her attack. Her furious expression faltered and revealed something more broken beneath. He does this all the time and I'm so sick of it. The moment I think everything's going to be fine he turns around and pulls a stunt like that. I just... She sighed, her hands curling into fists. Using me for a ****ing drink... Mina turned and began to walk away. She just wanted to be alone now.

Radian seemed frightened when she spun around ready to slap him, but that expression quickly changed when he saw the broken look in her eyes. This had been going on a long time, it seemed, and the poor woman looked as if she were at the end of her rope. "I'm sorry," he murmured, sighing and catching up to her. "Look. I know you want to be alone, but hear me out. He seemed rather confident around you, which I suppose is fitting of a high-ranking officer like himself. But you're strong, maybe even moreso than he himself. Remind him that you're not to be messed with, and he might straighten up. Just a thought."

With that, he turned and walked away, his hands in his pockets.

He's such an ass...I don't understand why he keeps coming back. Mina muttered in response. She remained where she was for a few seconds and then stalked off. It only made it worse that she and Venom shared a room. They were one of the only people who didn't always sleep in the barracks. Of course, when she opened the door to their room, she wasn't surprised with the mess. Mina pushed all the bottles and cans from her side of the bed and curled up there. She wasn't going to cry, but was still upset.

Ooh man, that sucks. A cold, almost serpentine voice rang through the office. A moderately normal man materialized from seemingly nowhere and sneered at Venom. Unlike all the others, he wasn't a mutant. He was an entity that had slipped through a rift and settled on a human host. This was obvious by the inhumanly red eyes and generally sickly complexion. Pale and thin, snowy white hair, and a black suit was what he wore on his meatsuit. Jet hopped onto the desk and swung his legs over the side. Jet was a bit of a troublemaker in R-7, but was a loyal rebel. He didn't hang around for too long and was usually busy sustaining himself on whole bases of loyalists. He needed a lot to stay in a physical form.

((Think something like This))

Venom twitched when he heard the troublemaker's voice ring out as clearly as a church bell. Oh joy. First the loyalists, then the Commanders, and now a God-forsaken alien entity was going to ride him that day. Turning on his heel, he scowled at the fellow rebel, baring his snake-like fangs. He wasn't sure if this man had blood, but if he did, it was about to receive a particularly drastic change in composition. Specifically, its chemical composition.

"Jet," he grumbled, his tone frighteningly calm. "What do you want from me? I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I'd rather be alone right now." He leaned on the table, his eyes narrowed at the entity.

Jet flashed his own set of teeth in return. Two rows of serrated blades for teeth occupied his mouth. Venom didn't scare him. Actually, nothing did. Nothing but his time stuck in a lab. But nobody knew about that. Months after being held in a tank and stared at had left him afraid of certain things. Like Vinzenz and all the other medical men. But it didn't seem like that. Jet feigned disinterest in such things so he didn't have to go near them. Hmph. Fine then, if you don't want a pep talk from your favorite alien, I'll just leave. he huffed.

The entity dissolved into thin air, appearing outside right next to Radian. The lab coat was unsettling, but this human didn't seem all that bad. As a sort of phantomy shadow, Jet spun around Radian playfully. Ooh, you're new. I like new folks. I remember you. You were in the building...what was it called? A lab! That's what it was! I recall sensing you before. But you seem...different now. Stronger.

Anyone who had the misfortune of meeting Jet and living through it knew he was basically an all-powerful nine-year-old that also sort of acted like a dog. He was prone to rambling and had the attention span of a fly. And people had to treat him with child gloves or they'd be reduced to a charred skeleton in a flash. Jet's form solidified so he was in his human form, standing in front of the scientist and inspecting him with a curious expression. Where's the other one? I can smell him too. Is smell the sense I'm thinking of? All your humans senses are so similar I mix them up...

((Jet's going to probably be my second favorite character. He's going to be hilarious.))

Edited by shadow_claw

As Jet faded into nothingness, Venom let out a sigh, slumping backwards into his chair and staring up at the ceiling. He had to admit, he felt kinda bad about what he'd done. However, it was a commonly known fact that the Core messed with the very fibers of a person's being. For the sergeant, its effects resonated a bit deeper than just a physical shift.

Thanks to the nature through which he received his mutations, his mental state had been thrown off-kilter. He wasn't exposed. Rather, he was injected with the pure mutated DNA strands of a previous test subject. Only, nobody told him this, so he left the premises unauthorized. When he saw what he had fought to defend, his mind was thrown into a cocktail of emotions and stress, and then, the mutations hit. Sudden, full of intense agony. Everything in his life changed in those few moments, on a dime.

But now, he had an outlet. Other than booze, that is.

But, for now, booze would have to do.

~~

Radian nearly jumped out of his skin when Jet suddenly materialized next to him. He hadn't heard this person's thoughts before, meaning he must have literally appeared out of thin air. And I that wasn't enough to confuse him, he was now being bombarded with scatterbrained thoughts and questions. And yet, somehow, this subject in particular seemed familiar. He may have met him once before, but he never talked much with the subjects, mainly because their thoughts pained him. Yet, right now, it wasn't the constant influx of thoughts that was giving the scientist a headache. No, this was something different.

"Other one? You mean Cyrus?" he asked, holding his head with one hand as he tried to focus on the thoughts. "In the medical wards. I wouldn't go near him though, he's a bit antsy right now... I... I know you from somewhere. You were one of the entities that the testing branch kept contained, weren't you?"

((Thought I was dead? NOPE. Chuck Testa.))

There was a bit of silence as Jet thought back to his time in the facility. One moment, he was with the others in his pod, hopping from planet to planet without a care. That changed pretty suddenly. Jet missed his pod and all the fun they'd had. That couldn't happen here.

His species, known as Vagrants, were vagrants in the literal sense. They traveled in pods up to four or five and visited any planet they could. In their short stays, they took up native hosts and explored the area. Once finished, they left the area without harming anything and repeated the process. They were surprisingly peaceful creatures, taking good care that even their hosts remained mentally intact during their time inhabiting him/her. So of course Jet was living a nightmare. He was forced to stay in one place and kill in order to live. It was horrible for him.

A rift that had formed due to the core was much stronger than Jet. So when he appeared in a strange land with strange things, he at first was delighted. There was so much to explore and have fun with! His merrymaking was halted once he was discovered. Then he was drugged pretty heavily and carted off.

Jet's stay in the facility was a miserable one. He eagerly explained everything he knew about himself and his pod to the scientists in exchange for personal information from them. The fun ended pretty quickly when his limits were tested. When it was discovered he could teleport, Jet was locked in a thick cell so he couldn't sense outwards to escape. A dissection was attempted but failed when it was discovered his true form was a shadowy blob with a head and hands. Jet was instead exposed to radiation (which he didn't like in the slightest), harsh chemicals, electricity, cold, heat, and basically everything else. His surprisingly weak form wasn't strong against the elements. Cold didn't bother him because he traveled through freaking space, but nearly everything else did.

When Jet came to his senses, he turned to Radian and nodded. Yeah. I didn't like it there. he answered softly. They could've just asked, y'know? I could've answered most of their questions. But they hurt me...and I didn't like that. Although it seemed as if Jet was a bit scatterbrained, this was a common mindset for Vagrants. They were all pretty childish, playful things that depended highly upon interaction. In a sense, Jet was sort of broken. He was lonely and guilty and sad in general. It just usually wasn't on his mind because his attention span was ridiculously short.