CrypticAsterisk

Drako and Claw

Mina's wide smile slowly faded at Viznez spoke. There was always bad news with the good stuff. She patted her friend's shoulder. I'll do what I can. I've talked him through some serious crap before, and can do it again. Now, I bet you're wondering about my friends over here. She steaightened up and waved a hand in the direction of Radian and Cyrus. They're not just mutants, they're strong ones from what I can tell. Radian's an empath and Cyrus is...something. Strong though. She beamed at the two men as she spoke. It was a proud moment when she found more mutants like her.

Cyrus nodded in agreement, his eyes not leaving Mina amd Viznez. As Mina spoke of them, he frowned slightly and shifted his weight. Energy is my plaything. Perhaps I can give a demonstration some time. He explained in a bored tone of voice.

((Do tell. I personally like "Ready Aim Fire" by Imagine Dragons for this RP.))

Edited by shadow_claw

((This Is Gonna Hurt by Sixx AM.))

Vinzenz seemed slightly reassured when Mina told him that she would try. The man in question was known for being a hardheaded, commanding and sometimes violent individual. Yet, somehow, Mina had a way with him that no one else did. Looking over at the other two mutants, the doctor seemed intrigued. Another doctor? Perhaps they could work together. "I figured as much. After all, if anyone else had tried to repair my generator without shutting it off, they would be electrocuted," he smiled, still very grateful for the emotionless mutant's actions. Then, he turned to Radian. "Ah, so you're a mind reader, hm? I'm sorry, I just can't resist this opportunity... What number am I thinking of?"

It took all of Radian's willpower not to slap his own face just then. Seriously? He was seriously going to ask that? He was starting to understand why Cyrus didn't like people. "6.02 X 10 to the twenty-third power," he said flatly, a deadpan expression on his face. "Or, as it's more commonly known, Avagardo's number." This made the shorter doctor absolutely giddy, though Radian remained peeved. Though, he was beginning to pick up that the man may not have been "all there" per se. "How fascinating! I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. We should probably leave, just in case these corpses have friends."

With that, he practically skipped off, heading off into the Pit.

Mina glanced over at Cyrus and Radian and grinned. Her eyes flickered from a rich green to a paler, moss color. He grows on ya. C'mon, you'll like the base she chuckled. Falling in step with Radian, she watched as Viznez's shape grew smaller and smaller and then vanished around a corner. Viznez is a great guy, he's just a bit off his rocker. If he offers to be in a test of his, let him down easy. She chuckled to herself and shook her head slowly.

Cyrus ended up faster than Mina and Radian and fell halfway between both groups. The lighting marks that appeared all over his body hadn't totally faded out, because sparks still danced around his fingers. He was so used to the pain that he didn't even notice it.

((Merry Christmas!))

Soon enough, they arrived at what appeared to be an old sewer pipe, one that was out of commission and dried up. Parked inside of it were several vehicles, mostly stolen police cruisers used to smuggle things in and out of the city. However, one stood out. It was a large van with two seats in the front, the rest being trunks pace that had been converted into a medical ward. A makeshift ambulance, if you will. The doctor had barely opened the back doors when, suddenly, an explosion rang out from within the Pit, causing the doctor to bolt under the vehicle with a yelp. The Pit was under attack.

Radian was bombarded by Vinzenz's panicked thoughts. Flashbacks and horrendous imagery bombarded the poor mind reader's psyche, nearly crippling him where he stood. Yet, he managed to push through it, turning to Mina. "We need to get out of here," he muttered, hearing gunshots ring out and violent thoughts nearby. "Now."

"Gotcha." Mina drew her pistol, her eyes flickering orange. They were in some deep stuff now. She looked around before breaking into a sprint. She slid on the ground, firing rapidly as she neared their targets.

Cyrus took a different approach. He got pissed when he was attacked, and deemed slaughtering them all acceptable. He closed his eyes, allowing all the power around to build up. The lights around him exploded as they overloaded with energy. When Cyrus finally opened his eyes, they were a glowing, electric blue. He then took off, electricity pouring from his hands as he charged their new foes. When given an excuse to murder, he would.

((Merry Christmas!))

Edited by shadow_claw

While Mina and Cyrus fought off the impending army of pro-government militiamen, Radian ran over to the side of the car. Kneeling down, he made eye-to-mask contact with a petrified Vinzenz. The man was absolutely terrified by the initial explosion, and the gunfire didn't make things any more inviting. Still, this was his van, and he seemed to be the kind of guy who would make a good getaway driver. "C'mon, Vinzenz," he coaxed, reaching under the van and offering him a hand. "There's no more bombs, I promise. Now come on out, we have to get out of here."

The frightened doctor locked eye contact with Radian for a few seconds before finally taking his hand, coming out from under the van and getting to his feet. Once he was on his feet, he darted off into the fray before the mind reader could tell him otherwise, firing at the invading militiamen and dispatching them with frightening efficiency. Radian didn't know what to do; he wasn't a fighter, and he couldn't aim a gun! So, he opted for keeping an ear out for any suspicious thoughts, gradually relaxing more and more as their ranks were thinned down.

Mina stayed close to the van, making sure no opponent got close to the vehicle. She had to have been a guard i the past-there was no other way to explain her presicion. Her now gray eyes sparkled with steely determination as she shot. It was hard to keep her cool when Cyrus was frying people alive several meters away. She caught a glimpse of his eyes and realy wished she hadn't.

Cyrus was really a force of nature. He wrecked the militia with no more than his hands. After this lasted for about five minutes, his whole body began to spark. This went on for a while until Cyrus was no longer...Cyrus. It was similar to the way he had explained it to Radian. Living electricity. He wasn't even visible as he destroyed anyone who attacked him. He was just a blinding flash of light, streaking from person to person without more than a second of rest.

Needless to say, it didn't take long before the ranks were utterly decimated. Within only five minutes, all of the enemy thoughts within a 15 ft radius fell silent. Well, all but one. And, from the sounds of it, it was about to...

Radian's eyes shot open, his first instinct forcing him to grab Mina and drag her towards the van. One of the men was a suicide bomber, and he was about to blow. "He's gonna blow!" he yelled, effectively setting off Vinzenz, who ran back towards the van at nearly the speed of light. Apparently, it was a bit of a trigger, seeing as he got into the driver seat and nearly took off without them. The only thing that stopped him was the fact that he forgot to throw it out of park first. Radian was about to follow the other doctor's lead, but then, he remembered Cyrus. He was still in a pure energy state. He wasn't sure if he was going to come or not, it was hard to read the mind of a being of pure energy. But, in the case that he needed to be subdued, he gripped the bandage on his head. It was a last resort, but if that's what needed to be done, it would be done.

Namina ran and leaped for the car, clutching onto the convenient handlebar on the back door. She was long used to making runs with Viznez like this. She watched as Cyrus's blurred, semi-human figure circled around the bomber. At first, it was in wide circles around the suicide bomber. He quickly closed in on him, and then lunged. Mina shielded her eyes at the blast, unable to cover her ears. The ringing that resided was only natural. When her vision cleared, she realized that the remainder of Cyrus (he wasn't exactly human anymore. Or Cyrus.) had turned towards the group. Hit the gas! He's noticed us!

For a moment, time seemed to freeze as the living wisp of energy that he had once thought of as his comrade turned to face him. In that moment, he knew that Cyrus wasn't home. He wasn't even in town. No, this was something different. And it only seemed to have one coherent thought.

"Destroy.

Frightened beyond his wits, he jumped into the back of the van, releasing the bandage on his head. Perhaps another time would be better. As soon as he shut the doors, Vinzenz floored it, throwing him across the van and clocking his head on the back wall. With a groan, he sat upright before realizing that his glasses had fallen off. Blindly, he felt around, hoping to find them before the next turn.

Mina clutched onto the handle tightly, her braid flying at the speed they were going. Oh God, ohgodohgodohgod. When the first bolt struck, it flew right past her face and scarcely missed the van. Her powers took over and morphed her into a living statue. There was no way her grip was slacking now. When she was struck, it did absolutely nothing. Thank God for mutations. But that...thing was getting closer by the second. Whenever it hit the water in the sewers it moved even faster. We have to let him burn out! Do ya think ya can keep stalling?! She screamed to the driver.

Vinzenz seemed absolutely terrified by now, though mania seemed to be seeping in. The doctor had always been something of a speed demon, and from the way his hands were gripping the wheel, it was beginning to show. Still, the van could only go so fast, and he was the only non-mutant in the vicinity. "Try to keep him locked on you," he instructed, swerving around a rather large pile of rubble. "He can't hurt you, so if you get him to keep hitting you, he'll waste all of his energy in his attempts to kill you! I'll think of something!"

Meanwhile, poor Radian was thrown against the other wall, and nearly landed on his glasses. Fortunately, he managed to slip them on before the next abrupt turn, which sent him flying back over to the other side. Now, Radian wasn't a man who usually got carsick, but if Vinzenz kept driving like this, the results wouldn't be pretty.

Okay. Taunt the angry demon-thing. That's work. Mina pulled her gun from her holter and open fire on the humanoid, squeezing her eyes shut as it flared up angrily. It made some horrible kind of screech and sent another bolt at her. Furious when it realized its attack had done nothing, it hurled more lighting at Mina. It didn't even hurt! This was awesome! After about ten minutes of this did the creature start flickering. Charred cloth and blistered skin slowly became visible, until the entity fizzled out with a soft hiss. Cyrus lay face-down on the concrete, quite literally burnt out. He was covered in burns that raced along his veins' locations. Other burns were in patches, accompaniedby charred skin. His clothing was not much more than shreds, and his aburn hair was smoking. One thing was sure, Cyrus would be out for a long while.

Stop! He's outta juice!

Vinzenz slammed the brakes, sending Radian flying into the window separating the cabin from the trunk. Fortunately, his glasses had remained intact. "Good thing I went for durability with these things," he thought, laying flat on his back for a moment and catching his breath. Vinzenz acted like he hadn't hear the scientist's impact with the back window and turned to Mina. "You may want to take over driving," he said, hopping nonchalantly out of the car. "Something tells me that Radian isn't so much a man of medicine as he is a man of science."

Not letting her answer, the slightly manic doctor shut the door and walked around to the back. Within two minutes, he had hauled Cyrus into the trunk and let Radian out. Said dazed scientist stumbled over to the passenger side, now covered in bruises and scrapes, and hopped in. Once he belted himself in, he tried to figure out if any bones were broken. As he did, Vinzenz smacked the side of the van a few times, giving Mina the go ahead. He planned on treating Cyrus' wounds on the way back to the base, hoping to perhaps strengthen relations with him in a "you scratch my back, I scratch yours" sort of deed. Though, his mind tended to wander...

As they stopped, Mina's form seemed to thaw out and return to its usual state. She hopped from the van and walked to the driver's seat, holstering her gun on her way over. She slid effortlessly into the driver's seat and strapped herself in, casting Radian a weary glance. You sure know how to pick 'em huh? Looks lile we've both got our own crazies to look after. Good crazies, ya know? She remarked. The sound of a palm hitting metal jarred her thoughts. Mina turned the key and drove at a sane speed, going at a comfortable 50 MPH. You might wanna rest some. We've got a ways to go before reaching the base. She turned around to lool over at Viznez in the back. Is he dead?

Radian only grunted in response to that, still pretty dazed from being thrown around so much. He really hoped that his head hadn't hotten cut open, because that would mean changing the bandage. And that was an endeavor in of itself thanks to the eye lurking underneath. Once he was able to assure himself that no bones were broken, he leaned back in the chair, his head spinning. "Note to self; only mention the B-word when we need a getaway driver. And hold onto something."

Meanwhile, Vinzenz was still checking Cyrus' vitals. Remarkably, aside from the charred skin and a slightly slow heart rate, he seemed perfectly fine. As Mina drove, he walked over to one of the locked drawers he kept in there, unlocked it, and pulled out some burn treatment gauze. "Ah, he's perfectly fine! Couldn't be better! Well, aside from the burns anyways," he remarked, putting out a small fire in the boy's hair before proceeding to treat him. "I'm quite amazed, really. Where did you find this man?"

Mina turned her head offered her friend a small smile. He had a bad time with..y'know, in the war. You shouldn't blame him. she explained softly. She drove along as Viznez chattered, drumming her fingers on the wheel absentmindedly. I met him a week or so ago. He's apparently been wandering the streets for ages now, living off stuff like the sun's radiation instead of eating. It's crazy. she answered. Maybe it was a good thing Cyrus avoided other people. After all, he was pretty dangerous when around people. Be sure he's fully conscious so you can ask to run tests before you do. Sometimes working with Viznez was like babysitting.

((*casually wonders when Vinzenz's name will ever be spelled correctly*))

Radian sighed softly, the look on his face letting Namina know that he didn't blame Vinzenz for his insanity. He'd seen the flashbacks, and they told one hell of a tale. In fact, he was surprised that he wasn't even more affected than he already was.

From the trunk, a small "awwww" could be heard. He was hoping that she would forget; this man was such a fascinating subject! Still, no use in getting him angry, he supposed. "Ok, ok," he said, sounding a bit like a kid after being told to stay out of the cookie jar. Still, in the end, he only wound up healing Cyrus, injecting him with a painkiller so he wouldn't feel the full brunt of the burns. Then, burnt out from his panicking, he fell asleep under one of the tables. This gave Radian a chance to talk. "So... How long have you and Vinzenz known each other?"

((I fail at name spelling. It happens a lot.))

Mina kept her eyes on the "road" as she drove, deciding to put trust in Vinzenz's self-control. He was a good guy. Just not fully mentally intact. Oh, I don't know actually. Timekeeping is something that doesn't really happen anymore. I'd guess about a year and a half, though. she answered. We've been a team like this for a while, I know that much. But Sarge...he doesn't like Vinzenz. Sarge doesn't like anyone. Not anymore. It'll be tough keeping him from beating our asses when we show up. Especially since Vinzenz said he took up drinking again...

This news didn't exactly help calm Radian's nerves, though the pain he felt then did help keep his mind off of the possible thrashing in the future. "Well... this Sarge guy sure sounds pleasant," he chuckled, his tone nervous as he pulled at his collar. "Any advice? Triggers I should know about? Signs that I should start running?"

Just then, daylight appeared at the end of the tunnel. The sewer pipe opened up, revealing a desert road that was built, maintained and patrolled by rebel forces. At one point, it forked, the sign on the right road reading "R-7". That was where they were headed.

Um...he stops yelling at us? I dunno, it's pretty easy to tell when he's gonna hit you or something. Mina answered. She was stopped close to the gated and rolled down her window. She extended a hand, and one of the rebels took blood with a small, pen-like object. It flashed green, and the rebel nodded.

Go on ahead. Good seein' ya back with others, Mina.

Mina returned her hand to the wheel and rolled the window up. Only a small bead of blood was left on the back of her hand. Apparently it was a regular thing. They drove up to the compound, where the same security check was taken. The garage door slid open after they were given the clear.

I'll get Vinzenz if you get Cyrus. Mina offered as she put the van in park.

"I'll take that offer," he muttered, hopping out of the van and walking around to the back. When he opened the doors, he was greeted by the sight of Vinzenz nearly whacking his head on the workbench. He seemed a bit frightened, to say the least. "We're here?" he asked, scrambling to his feet. "Where's Sarge? Don't let him see me! Not yet." With that, he began rummaging through the drawers, looking for painkillers. He wanted to be pretty numb before the sergeant laid into him.

Radian seemed concerned, but left him be. He probably knew what he was doing. Probably. Walking over to the back, he gently picked up the unconscious Cyrus, being careful not to peel up any of the bandages. The doctor had done a pretty good job, and had even bothered to wrap his lower body in a towel.

I don't think he got the news we're back. He's gonna be pissed. Mina replied. She gave Vinzenz "the look" as he shuffled through the drawers. She was basically the mother of the doctor, the way she took care of him. Just pretend you're out cold and I'll carry you. she sighed. Their time before being hounded by Sarge was only so long.

When he shows up, it's best you try to stay quiet. He doesn't know you and is more prone to swing punches. Mina added as she turned to Radian.

When Vinzenz noticed Mina giving him "the look," he sighed and closed the drawers. Then, he proceeded to slump to the ground, looking as "out cold" as one could appear without actually being out cold. He was pretty good at playing dead, seeing as he had to when he was on the frontlines. Even now, things hadn't changed.

Just as Radian nodded at Mina, he heard another set of thoughts enter the vicinity. Angry thoughts. Loud, angry thoughts. "Brace yourself, Radian," he thought, shifting Cyrus' weight. Then, he saw a man with silver hair, violet eyes and a fanged scowl enter the room. He was dressed head-to-toe in combat gear and had a badge on his shoulder. One of a sun with thirteen rays. "What in tarnation is going on here!?" he barked, marching over to the van and practically glaring through the sheet metal. He hadn't seen any of the passengers yet, but he seemed furious nonetheless."

((Try to guess the character.))

((VENOM))

Mima picked Vinzenz up bridal style and began to walk. She stopped at the sound of a familiar voice. Oh great. She put on a brave face and rounded the corner. Unlike the others, he'd be pissed with the fact she hadn't actually died. Just because she hadn't come back to tell everyone she was alive. Long story. Brought along some people who want to help. she answered. Her eyes flickered from brown to purple as she spoke. She grinned at the higher-ranking man and tilted her head in greeting. I brought food and medical supplies with me. And Imm not dead.