NinjaKrill

~Well-Deserved Gifting~

EDIT: Trying to get this approved. If any mods are watching, some feedback to get this approved would be appreciated!

Well-Deserved Gifting

Well-Deserved Gifting is a simple surprise gifting thread for gifting to people who deserve it. There are no set mods or donors, complicated forms or pages of rules. Just some fundamental guidelines.

Requesting a Gift

To request a gift, simply make a post below saying why you think you deserve a surprise gift, plus a link to your scroll.

Reasons to deserve a gift can include:

• Birthday
  • Great test results
  • Getting a job interview
...or anything else you think deserves a little virtual present. You can request a gift for any reason, but if your request is unreasonable, no one will fufill it.

If someone DOES fufill your gift, you must edit your post ASAP, thanking them for the gift and letting everyone know that your request has been fufilled.

NOTE: Please only request a gift here once every two weeks. It's unlikely you would do anymore things in that time period to deserve a gift tongue.gif

NOTE: Please only request a Birthday gift if your Birthday was not long ago/is happening soon. Requesting a gift for a birthday that happened a month ago is not allowed.

Sending a Gift

If you see a request that you can fufill and you think it deserves to be fufilled, requote that post with the code, species and generation of the dragon you are gifting to the owner of the request and any conditions you are setting (eg, No freezing, Must name etc.), then send a PM to them with the teleport link to the gift and a notification that the gift was sent via this thread. Also, make sure the person has edited their post once you have sent them a gift.

NOTE: Please only send people things that would want. It is widely regarded as rude to decline a gift, so please don't put our members in the position where they are forced to accept a messy common they really would prefer died.

Also, you must be prepared to hold a gift for up to 24hrs to give the other user time to accept your gift.

Banned Dragons

These dragons should only be gifted if their lineage is great:

Albino

Balloon

Canopy

Daydream

Deep Sea

Dorsal (purple non-alt)

Electric

Grey/Fog

Guardian

Green/Earth/Pebble

Horse

Mint

Nocturne

Neotropical

Ocean/ Blue/ Puddle

Ochredrake

Pygmy (standard yellow)

Pygmy (light blue/Nillia)

Skywing

Spotted Greenwing

Stone

Sunstone

Terrae

Water Horse

Whiptail

Water Walker

These dragons should only be gifted in hatchling form or great-lineaged/CB eggs:

All BSAs (excluding trios)

All Hybrids

Nebula

Vine

Black

Stripe

Everything else is OK to gift smile.gif

Blacklist

You are automatically added to the Blacklist (permanent ban) if you fail to edit your post within two weeks of being gifted with a reason. If you are on this list and you have a reasonable excuse for not editing your post, PM me about it; I will definitely consider removing you.

Luckily, there is no one here at the moment. Let's keep it like this smile.gif

That's all. Happy gifting!

Edited by NinjaKrill

Banners

As you can see, we have none. If you are good at making banners, one would be much appreciated, thanks!

Edited by NinjaKrill

Gift Log

I can't record everything here, but I can try. The dates are AEST. Here:

28/09/2013: crzyanimemom >> Pastellie [Pink Egg] [Great Marks] [Pending]

Edited by NinjaKrill

I think I deserve a gift for being the first to post here.

Actually, that's valid tongue.gif

But you didn't say what you wanted to be gifted.

This is an interesting idea, but I'd rather do nice things, because it's a nice thing to do, not because I hope to get something for myself out of it.

Ergo: I may very well gift here if it takes off. asking for something feels too much like begging though.

@crzyanimenmom I lol'ed at your post. smile.gif

This is an interesting idea, but I'd rather do nice things, because it's a nice thing to do, not because I hope to get something for myself out of it.

Ergo: I may very well gift here if it takes off. asking for something feels too much like begging though.

@crzyanimenmom I lol'ed at your post. smile.gif

I did think about that. But your birthday or good test results aren't nice things for other people, usually. I might remove volunteer work and gifting frequently.

I agree for the most part about asking for something. I think the gift you get should be a surprises. It much more fun. I will donate too.

I have all A's in my classes this quarter - something I am proud of, as last year I got all A's but one B in life science. Dx

I really need Pink Hatchies, male or ungendered. I have no pinks but I just .. I really need them xd.png

This sounds like a great idea and I will watch it and if it goes well I'll start gifting. However, you may want to add to the first post which mod approved the thread just so you don't have 1000000 people notify you about this.

'

Good luck and I'm watching! The only other suggestion I might toss out is to potentially ask people not to make more than 1 request per month or whatever you feel seems fair. I imagine most people will be honest in regards to this and it not need to be tracked (because that would be a LOT of names), but there might be some people who try to abuse it. Just something to toss out there. I hope no one is that greedy but I think its a wonderful idea.

There is also a birthday wishes/gifts thread. They may be a good other Gifting Thread to buddy up with so people can make Birthday Wishes with more variety there, and post here for birthday too as they may consider it easier, but .... making it everything else keeps you more unique.

Also even if a dragon is "common" if its a special pattern or lineage, so its possible people may _want_ a common dragon based on a special lineage, checker, and/or if they are creating an army of babies. Just something else to toss out.

Yay for fun and EASY gifting threads!

Edited by natayah

Im not gonna say i deserve to be gifted but my birthday is tomorrow and i wouldnt say no to an egg gift if someone feels generous smile.gif

If its feasible i would love an alt vine..all the vines i grab refuse to go alt lol, otherwise i love nebs biggrin.gif

My scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Ef_Off

Edited by Karma1981