Ælex

Absent

"Well, I dunno if all dragons have magic, if they have any, but can't some just change forms like me? Switch between human and dragon and in between like me and my wolf form?" She asked as they neared the village, looking over at the smaller orange dragon.

"We're nearly there." Crystal informed her companions.

Edited by makenziec123

'Some can, I haven't really looked into it, since it takes a lot of practice and patience to master, but ultimately, it doesn't matter what costume you put on, you are what you were born as at the core. the Magi explained, recalling his old friend's antics when he'd tried to blend in with human society.

'You can't just switch species at will. Although, I knew someone who tried to. he trailed off that sentence with a long sigh He went insane and started sabotaging the human cities he frequented, spreading chaos and mayhem, until he was finally caught and executed... he paused ...by his own clan, my clan. The damage he'd done inevitably started indirectly weighing down on our relations with the human settlements. Those fearful pink sacks of meat cowered before anything magical, and always pointed their fingers at us for that very reason when something unexplained started happening within their ranks.

Eventually they sent several of us who also had the ability to change shapes to take him down. It took a week or so, but he was finally brought back, too demented to be saved from his own delusions. The eldest had him exiled into a place where no one has ever survived on their own.

'And he wasn't the only one, he was just an example. This kind of thing happened a lot among those of us who had the ability to change shapes. So you see, this is why the practice is a bit taboo for us.

Edited by Ælex

For a moment, she stood there, still, staring. And then, a sigh escaped her maw. She had just pounced two helpless travelers probably as clueless as she was. What a dumb mistake - those back home would never have put up with it. She had to get a grip, and fast. She examined the two a moment more, especially the one who had spoken. She seemed quite excited indeed to have just been jumped by what was pretty much a draconic tree. "Yes, we are..." She stated, nonplussed at the girl's exclamation. Furling her wings, she took a less agressive pose. In the silence, she could almost hear voices in the background mocking her faux pas...

"Well, since we're here, why don't we introduce ourselves? After all, the more the merrier right?" Emile said happily. "I'm Emile. And this is-" The maid was cut off after her master "jumped" off her back. Viola fell onto the floor.

"Err...anyway, this is-"

"SHHH!" Viola said harshly at Emile.

"Um, V-"

"I don't need you to say my name. Understand?" Viola coldly said and glared at her. Emile said nothing else, and retreated a few steps.

Viola turned towards the dragon. "What's your name?" She asked.

The confused dragon stared at this spectacle for a moment, bewildered. At the sudden question, Gretezel found herself anwsering almost automatically, without thinking -"Gre-" She managed to say, before her speech cut off, a wince going across her face. She resisted the urge to clutch at her aching head, her mind feeling a little blurry around the edges.

No. Of course you don't give her your real name, you silly dragon. Make something up.

"Greilac." She corrected herself, shaking her head with a slight grin. She sobered, realizing she had not gotten the stubborn one's name...

"Yours?" She asked simply, trying not to sound as though she were growling the word at them. The sudden sporadic headache had not improved her mood at all, but she at least wished to escape her encounter without any more questions towards her own name...

Viola stared at 'Greilac'. "Do you have a headache?" She asked. She sat on a nearby boulder. "...While your name is fancy, Greilac, I don't like it. Gre will be your nickname for now. I'll find another nickname for you soon." She said. Viola looked at Emile, who fiddled around with her hair. "Nicknames....Green could work as a nickname, but it sounds.....unfitting at the same time." Viola wasn't that sure what nicknames would fit Gre. "What do you think your nickname should be?" She asked.

((That's one hella stall we've hit. I'll have to de-limbo my character.))

Flying through the still light air seemed almost effortless, despite the hunger and confusion plaguing Varaug's mental and physical state. As he followed his new acquaintances through the air and over the seemingly endless landscape, he picked up on several more scents, quite easily discernible ones at that. 'Intersting...

A Canopy, no doubt about it and a Soulpeace mixed in with the scents of.

Humans! -he bared his teeth and made a sharp right turn mid-air, orienting himself towards the origins of the scents. His nose, however, was not the sharpest of his tools, so inevitably he had trouble pinpointing the exact locations of his targets.

Knowing better from experience, he made a sharp nosedive towards a patch free ground near the small group and crashed into the earth with considerable force, using his telekinetic reinforcements being the only reason he didn't snap his legs from the impact.

Finally he managed to get a solid look at those he'd tracked. And it was...

...just two seemingly unarmed women.

No guns, no blades, no armor, no traces of destructive magic, no anything that would in any way convince him that they were out for blood, which... made things a little awkward for him. If before he didn't consider himself paranoid, then this was as clear a sign as any.

Besides the two harmless looking women was the Canopy, looking just as harmless as the two human females.

'Sorry... he mumbled a quickly fabricated lie under his breath Lost control, mid air...

Edited by Ælex

Greilac bared her teeth at the human, in no mood for nicknaming games. However, just as she was about to open her mouth, a thunderous crash brought her attention suddenly elsewhere. She looked towards the source of the noise, alert, on guard. She saw a magi dragon, and continued her frown, only in his direction. She was not much in the mood for being nice at the moment.

"And just who the hell are you? Some fast track messenger to tell us where the hell we are?" She asked in a semi annoyed, semi surprized voice. Considering her own sudden words, she realized that, unlikely as that was, it would be a huge bonus to our situation if this dragon actually knew where this was...

Ohh, please say yes... Greilac silently prayed to the heavens, hoping her gruff reactions had not annoyed or alarmed the newcomer.

Having just turned about to walk off, Varaug stopped when the canopy spoke to him.

Pausing for a moment to consider her inquiry, he glanced at the ground and then turned around, darting a glance between her and the humans.

No. he replied simply, then looked straight up.

I'm not a local. As a matter of fact, I've only been here for a few hours, though without a reasonable way to measure time, it could have been much more or much less. he explained, glanced over at the surrounding forests and sat down, wondering if his theory of where they were was even worth sharing.

'Based on the local flora and fauna, or rather the abundance of the former and scarcity of the latter, I can only say for certain that whichever reality it is we're inhabiting, it's incomplete. he squinted and recalled the shady human in black attire.

My first most sensible theory is, or was, that this is nothing more then just a dream gone out of hand. Unfortunately, if that's so, then one of us would have to be the dreamer, and the rest mere figments of the dreamer's addled mind. This theory was shot down fast for me because I haven't had a dream in years. he explained, sighed, and went on Or... and I'm sure you might agree with this a bit more, we've been randomly selected by someone, or something, with a twisted sense of humor and unfathomable influence over time and space. While warping the fabrics of reality is not fictional for some of the magi of the sixth circle back in my homeworld, even their ability extended no further then, small-scale temporal displacement or limited access to other plains of reality, much like this one. he stopped for a moment to consider his words.

'Whatever is responsible for this, it is likely not mentally stable. No mind can hold that much knowledge without being, well, twisted and crazy and lacking all common sense or empathy... he concluded, curious as to see if he was the only one remembering the man in black.

Edited by Ælex

Gretezel stared blankly for a moment, quite surprised at hearing such an intellectual guess to her unthoughtful questions. And such an interesting answer it was too! It almost sounded as though this mysterious drop in had seen that crazy guy in the suit also... Not in the mood to be patient iw her words, and hungry for answers, any answers, Gretezel suddenly found her words coming out in a gush.

"What?! You saw the crazy sod too?!" Gretezel burst out suddenly, quite surprised. Her mouth gaped open a few more times, but she found it quite difficult to articulate a sentence over the sudden surprise of what the magi had just said? But even then, it did not take long for her pressurize to turn to anger. She had thought it had been a dream, like the blackouts she sometimes had...

But, well, her blackout dreams were often far different from the encounter with the crazy guy. It was quite strange really...

And then a thought struck her.

"Hey hey hey, wait... If you really think we're stuck in some other reality... We're up a hell of a creek on terms of getting back really, en't we?" She stated suddenly, eyes wide. That would not be good. She had to get back home, as soon as possible. The longer she was gone, the worse it would get for her when she came back...

If she ever went back, that was...

Edited by Lato_Dato

A lone figure lay face down in the middle of a small clearing, surrounded by lush trees, a gentle breeze blowing the leaves on their large branches. The figure's tail twitched slightly as it stirred, slowly opening it's eyes. Stretching, it sat up, taking in it's surroundings, contemplating what just happened.

"W-where am I...?" The young male said to nobody in particular, standing up, bones cracking. He could have been mistaken for a human at a distance, but once you walked closer, his tall slender frame with draconic features, such as his tail and wings make him stand out. He began to wander the forest, searching for any signs of life that weren't the animals that ran around him. "Hello?!" He shouted to the emptiness that surrounded him, hoping that someone would hear him.

Deep within the forest, a small, gullible Pygmy heard the hybrid's shout. Perking her head up, she looked towards the sound, and without a second's thought to the dangers of randomly following strange sounds, she began walking calmly towards the sound, smiling slightly, maybe even dumbly. After navigating a few trees and bushes, she finally came across the one who had so boldly called out - a half dragon half dragon hybrid. The Dark Myst pygmy did not so much as hesitate as she stepped into view, the light shining upon her strangely yellow wing stripe.

"Hello! I'm lost." She stated, beaming up at the man with a toothy grin. Looking at the man's general clueless demeanor, she came up with a very basic assumption.

"Are you lost too?"

(I can't help it... All this posting... I seem to have come up with some rabid posting disease)

The hybrid just stood staring at the pygmy, wondering what to say. He just stood there, staring at this new arrival.

"I-I guess...if you mean lost as in...not knowing where I am then...y-yes." He sratched the ground with the claws on his feet, creating small hoes in the ground. "So...what's y-your name?" He felt something was strange about this dragon, but he couldn't quite tell what. Oh well, might aswell trust a random dragon you just met because you fear being alone right? Right. Now, back down to Earth before the dragon speaks again and you miss the name, smart guy.

The small pygmy chuckled at the hybrid's obvious distress, believing it silly to worry overmuch. After all, there was nothing to fear from herself! "My name's Astra!" She stated simply, then froze, pondering something. No no, that could lead to some confusion...

"Well, you could call me that, but that could lead to some confusion later!" She said, brightening up with a slight chuckle. She paused, frowning for a moment. She had never considered herself anything other than Astra... Maybe she could call herself a simpler name?

"You could always call me Yellow?" She suggested with some consternation, she herself not being so experienced in the nicknaming department. She nodded to herself slowly, growing fond of the idea. Yes, color coded names would be quite nice, actually!

"Yeah, call me Yellow!" She finally decided, smiling happily up at the hybrid, glad to have found a possible new friend.

Edited by Lato_Dato

The hybrid raised an eyebrow at her, wondering if he'd ever be able to reach her level of happy.

"O-Okay, Yellow it is. M-My name is Sapphire Rose." The Royal Blue hybrid blushed slightly at his name. It wasn't too girly, but he still got flak for it. "S-So, you alone out here? It doesn't seem dangerous, b-but first appearences can be deceiving." He was looking around, slightly nervous about the unfamiliar surroundings.

Edited by Doomkaiser

Listening intently, Yellow shook her head at the question. No, of course she was not alone! Come to think about it, it was about time to explain that...

"No, of course I'm not alone! There are plenty more of us from where we came from!" She said with a carefree chuckle. She cast her eyes about the forest, searching. They didn't seem to be within eyesight... Which meant she would just have to call out blindly and hope somebody heard.

"ASTRA! AAASSSTRAAAA!" The small pygmy called her own name at the top of her lungs, somehow inexplicable hoping someone other than herself would have that name. She looked around at the forest for a few moments, before frowning, upset. Where were they? Had they not heard her?

Edited by Lato_Dato

Sapphire just stared at his new friend, wondering why this crazy dragon shouting her own name into an unknown forest. This one would probably get him into many life or death situations in the near future. He could tell that much, even with his bad intuition.

"So...uh...mind telling me why you're shouting your own name into the forest?" The Royal Blue hybrid made circles around the pygmy's feet, distracting himself ever so easily.

With a sigh, Yellow looked at Sapphire as though he were stupid. "Because I'm out there, stupid. Or, more correctly, we are!" She said with another exasperated sigh. They were taking far too long. She scanned the forest, and after a few more moments became aware of a flicker of movement.

"There they are, finally!" She said happily, grinning to herself. She waved in the direction of the movement, not actually knowing what was there but assuming it was one of the mysterious 'others'.

"Hey, I'm over here!" She called out happily, glad at last that someone had come along so she didn't look like a complete idiot.

Unfortunately, the one that emerged from the bushes wasn't exactly the one she was hoping for. She winced as she saw the red stripe on her double's wings and the angry glare that was directed her way.

What the hell are you playing at? Are you trying to get yourself killed?" 'Astra' immediately spat in Yellow's direction, directing a glare at Sapphire's general direction for good measure. Yellow cowered against the ground, directing wide eyes towards the angry little demon.

"I... I thought he could help us find black..." She whimpered, trembling. 'Astra' simply stared, mouth agape, a figure of barely contained fury and dumbfounded rage.

Sapphire knew he wouldn't like this 'Astra' Yellow had called. He let a slight growl resonate. His temper usually overcame his shyness, causing him to get into some...interesting situations in the past.

"So...you two are...friends?" He said to the new pygmy...who looked almost exactly like Yellow, except for the Red stripe on her wing. 'This could get bad...' His thoughts were not pleasant as he watched the Red pygmy 'talk'.

"No, we are NOT friends." 'Astra' growled, direction tempoarily diverted to Sapphire, luckily enough for Yellow. Eyes wide, Yellow felt the urge to explain further for her new friend.

"We more exist together because we have to..." She tittered nervously. Red's attention turned back to Yellow with the force of a shutter suddenly slamming shut.

"And as for you..." She growled, swiftly approaching Yellow with a murderous look in her eyes. Yellow backed away, until she was pressed quite firmly against a tree trunk by 'Astra' herself, who looked ready to bite her face off.

"You are going to tell me why exactly we should be finding black at the moment. Weren't you supposed to be looking after her?" She growled at the poor trembling Pygmy. Yellow whimpered, too scared to speak.