ValidEmotions

Guardians Against Bullies Project

Guardians Against Bullies Project

What is the purpose?

Plain and simple: this is to further awareness about bullying in all of its forms be it physical or cybernetic. Bullying happens everyday to everyone because of their religion, their sexual orientation, their mental state, or even their appearance. Individuals have committed suicide due to being bullied, just to get away from it all and free themselves of the torment.

It's not right and not enough people are doing something to correct it.

Why focus on bullying?

Firstly, because it's not right and not many people are doing something about the situation. Most see it or are subject to it, but few ever step in to help the affected. Additionally, I've been subject to years of bullying from kindergarden to almost the end of high school but I learned to just turn a deaf ear on those harassing me.

I want to help others who are being bullied and I'm certain there are a good number of other people on this site who wish to do the same. However, I can't be by every individual's side physically, telling them that they have a friend who will protect them, to encourage them, and help them grow to their potential no matter what people say.

What dragons will this project include?

The Guardian dragon is the main preference for this project. However, if you think that another dragon not listed (and dominantly blue in color) is suitable, please post your idea in this thread or PM it to me and I'll more than happily add it. This dragon was chosen primarily for the concept of being a protector, a friend who's constantly there to help and support.

Some dragons can represent hope, faith, love, strength, courage, and more. It is up to you, if so desired, to decide which dragon you wish to represent what aspect. Some participants may wish to dispute why a dragon should not be part of this list. If that is the case, by all means, please feel free to do so by PMing me and we can discuss that dragon's removal from (or permanence on) the list.

Added Dragons

Royal Blues suggested by deadnotsleeping via pm

Rules

-> Follow any and all DC forum rules.

-> Follow all naming schemes.

-> Be kind to others (this is a given). No flamming or inappropriate content.

-> I will be using a 3-strike system.

----> 1st strike = Verbal warning

----> 2nd strike = Warning + Gray listing [Probation from project thread between 1 to 3 weeks]

----> 3rd strike = Black listing [Removal from project thread]

-> You are free to use CB or purebred lineage dragons as starting pairs. Make sure you receive permission from corresponding projects about using group lineage dragons as part of this project. I don't want anyone getting into trouble.

-> Any dragons registered in this project must have "Protector" somewhere in their name.

-> To help with keeping track of generations, make sure that each are marked in an easy-to-follow manner. Otherwise, it does not matter to me how you mark your generations.

-> I am subject to add information as this project progresses. Please keep an eye out for any Updates I make.

Gray Listed

~ None ~

Black Listed

~ None ~

Edited by Narvix

If you wish to join this project:

Please add me as a Member!

Forum Name:

Scroll Link:

Personal Message Link:

[color=blue][size=5]Please add me as a Member![/size][/color]
[color=blue]Forum Name:[/color]
[color=blue]Scroll Link:[/color]
[color=blue]Personal Message Link:[/color]

If you wish to become a donor:

Please add me as a Donor!

Forum Name:

Breeding Pair(s)/ Lineage Links:

Breed(s):

Any Restrictions?:

[color=purple][size=5]Please add me as a Donor![/size][/color]
[color=purple]Forum Name:[/color]
[color=purple]Breeding Pair(s)/ Lineage Links:[/color]
[color=purple]Breed(s):[/color]
[color=purple]Any Restrictions?:[/color]

If you wish to request an egg:

Please donate an Egg!

Forum Name:

Preferred Donator?: [if yes, whom?]

Preferred Gen:

Do you have a Bullies dragon already?:

Do you intend to gift/trade the first offspring of this egg?:

[color=brown][size=5]Please donate an Egg![/size][/color]
[color=brown]Forum Name:[/color]
[color=brown]Preferred Donator?:[/color]
[color=brown]Preferred Gen:[/color]
[color=brown]Do you have a Bullies dragon already?:[/color]
[color=brown]Do you intend to gift/trade the first offspring of this egg?:[/color]

If you have an egg you wish to gift/trade:

[Please be certain to announce when you claim an egg that has been offered back to this thread. You can announce claim by using the Register Dragon(s) form or not, just be certain to make some part of your claim stand out for better/easier recognition.]

Please help me find a Home!

Breed:

Parents:

Lineage Link:

Gen:

Gift/Trade Link:

[color=goldenrod][size=5]Please help me find a Home![/size][/color]
[color=goldenrod]Breed:[/color]
[color=goldenrod]Parents:[/color]
[color=goldenrod]Lineage Link:[/color]
[color=goldenrod]Gen:[/color]
[color=goldenrod]Gift/Trade Link:[/color]

To register a new breeding pair or dragon/offspring:

Please welcome my new Allies!

Forum Name:

Dragon(s) Name(s)/ Lineage Link(s):

Breed(s):

Gen(s):

[color=green][size=5]Please welcome my new Allies![/size][/color]
[color=green]Forum Name:[/color]
[color=green]Dragon(s) Name(s)/ Lineage Link(s):[/color]
[color=green]Breed(s):[/color]
[color=green]Gen(s):[/color]

If you wish to suggest a dragon for the list:

Please consider this Dragon!

Breed:

Reason: [Please be specific about your opinion. Any and all opinions are welcome and I am open to hearing them out.]

[color=orange][size=5]Please consider this Dragon![/size][/color]
[color=orange]Breed:[/color]
[color=orange]Reason:[/color]

Edited by Narvix

Updates

-> Sept. 3rd, 2013: Project is open for applications [Members and Donors]. Thread is still under construction but I hope to have it completed within the next few weeks depending on any feedback received or finding out I missed something.

-> Oct. 12th, 2013: I've cut down the list of dragons to feature just one: Guardians. Bullying awareness is depicted with a blue ribbon and I want this thread to follow that depiction.

-> Nov. 29th, 2013: Adjusted a few of the listed forms for less repetitions when posting multiple dragons at once. There's not many here but I'm hoping more will at least think about joining. GAB is not just for those who have been bullied, but for those who may or may not know someone who is being bullied.

Banners would be very nice. Anyone is free to make some.

Wait Lists

Edited by Narvix

Participating Members

Forum Name: Deadnotsleeping

Scroll Link: deadnotsleeping

Personal Message Link: here

Forum Name: Jazlindreal

Scroll Link: Jazlindreal

Personal Message Link: here

Forum Name: Narvix

Scroll Link: Scattercloak

Personal Message Link: Personal Message

Forum Name: Oasis

Scroll Link: Kittycaty

Personal Message Link: Here

Active Donors

Breeding Pair(s):

-> CB Protector of the Small [Guardian] x CB Protector of the Abused [Guardian]

Any Restrictions?: Do not intentionally kill the egg. No biting or earthquaking.

Registered Dragons/Pairs

Dragons' Names:

-> CB Protector of the Small [Guardian] + CB Protector of the Abused [Guardian]

---> Protector II of the Small [Guardian]

-> CB Protector of the Silent [Guardian] + CB Steel Ground Protector [Guardian]

---> Steel Protector II [Guardian]

-> CB Silent Vigil Protector [Guardian]

-> CB Deflecting Cruelty Protector [Guardian]

-> CB Protector of Spirit [Guardian]

-> Protector Movado Steel CB [Guardian]

-> Sword and Shield Protector CB [Guardian]

-> CB Protector of Soul [Guardian]

-> Gentle Protector CB [Guardian]

-> Against Cruelty Protector CB [Guardian]

Edited by Narvix

~Reserved~

POSSIBLE REWARDS? INTERACTIVE IDEAS?

-> Possible "pot luck?" - trading certain eggs amongst members and donors [maybe separate pot luck groups?] via a random number selector

-> Points system? - Awarding point values for each egg donated and/or dragon registered to be used in obtaining special eggs

Edited by Narvix

Banners

Created by Narvix

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=154153&view=findpost&p=7658163][IMG=http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9991/ck8i.jpg][/URL]

It's a fine suggestion (and I believe I understand why you didn't copy the form [phone right?]) and your reasoning is a valid one smile.gif They would fit nicely for representing hope, faith, and encouragement, wouldn't they?

However x3 I already have the Glory Drakes (both Day and Night) as part of the list of usable dragons. But thank you for your opinion smile.gif

gimme a day to figure out the main post otl, its just lots of words from where im sitting but it is 6am.

but this is a great cause! ive been bullied a lot, for many different reasons, so I fully intent to sign onto this.

after work. when im more awake.

Alright. Thank you for your interest smile.gif

okay so basicly you just start with any number of Dragons from the list and name them and then breed them?

or do we need al 21 dragons?

Your choice entirely. I don't even have all 21 breeds if I recall correctly lol.

EDIT: I cut down the list of dragons to 1 instead of 21.

Edited by Narvix

That's perfectly fine smile.gif

I'm waiting on two CB eggs to hatch. Hopefully one will gender right and become a good mate for my CB Guardian already listed.

Dragon(s) Name(s): CB Protector of the Abused

Breed(s): Guardian

Lineage Link(s): http://dragcave.net/lineage/YOrq8

Gen(s): CB

She and Small produced an egg, making them a valid donor pair from me.

If you (or someone else finding interest) would like their first egg, PM me or simply post an inquiry here.

EDIT:

Dragon(s) Name(s):

-> CB Protector of the Silent

-> CB Steel Ground Protector

-> CB Silent Vigil Protector

-> Protector II of the Small

Breed(s):

-> All are Guardians

Lineage Link(s):

-> Silent

-> Steel

-> S. Vigil

-> II Small

Gen(s):

-> First three (3) are CBs

-> Fourth (4th) is a 2nd Gen

Edited by Narvix

^^ I'm glad! Welcome to the group Jaz! smile.gif

As I know how close to Halloween it is right now, I'm not expecting many Protector dragons to be added to the thread x3 As it is, the small batch of Guardian eggs I have now are the last I'm collecting until after the holiday release.

^^ Certainly understandable!

Welcome to the Guardians smile.gif

EDIT:

Been getting some new Guardians. Just need to name them and add them to the group. I'm thinking I'll make an even generation and one or two stairstep lineages. Any thoughts about swapping bloodlines? I know I'd like to add Royal Blues into one of my lines but I'm gonna have to find some CB ones before I breed any Guardians with them.

Edited by Narvix

I shall count this as my bump:

Dragon(s) Name(s)/ Lineage Link(s):

-> CB Deflecting Cruelty Protector

-> CB Protector of Spirit

-> Protector Movado Steel CB

-> Steel Protector II

-> Sword and Shield Protector CB

-> CB Protector of Soul

-> Gentle Protector CB

-> Against Cruelty Protector CB

Breed(s): All Guardians

Gen(s): All CB except Steel Protector II [who is 2G]

Also, I've edited the forms a bit to have both dragon name and lineage link in the same bit. Less repetition for those who are posting multiple dragons at once.

I want to know, what ideas does anyone have for making lineage lines? Any checkers, stairsteps, spirals, etc.?

Bump. Anyone? There were a couple of people but they haven't popped their heads in :\ Is this in vain? Bullying affects a lot of lives, and not just the lives of those who are being bullied. Thousands of people commit suicide every year because of bullying and that affects thousands more who weren't bullied.

Source

This is not to compete with the Pink Hope Project but I do wish for this to be just as successful because this is just as important. You do not have to be a victim of bullying in order to be a supporter to help raise awareness and stop bullying.

This never got off the ground as a group thread. Could a moderator please have this locked and deleted? I shall endeavor to make this a personal lineage.