senyi

Free! Iwatobi Swim Club

Definitly Gou and the captain. tongue.gif

And Haru and Makoto. Don't judge me. >.< Lol

Hey, so what's up with their teacher lady? Was she a designer, or a swimsuit model or what? I either didn't catch it, or it hasn't been told yet.

Hm...I like Haru and water best. Annnnnd Rin and Haru, but...oh jeez. -.-

Apparently, the teacher worked for like a swimming suit department or something. I don't know, she seems so secretive about it. dry.gif

Gou x Captain whose name I forgot again

Rei x Nagisa >_>

Yeah I do ship Rin x Haru but damn the ship is sinking faster than I thought, I hope everything gets better in the next episodes. ;-;

Edited by Vaati

Gou x Captain whose name I forgot again

Rei x Nagisa >_>

Yeah I do ship Rin x Haru but damn the ship is sinking faster than I thought, I hope everything gets better in the next episodes. ;-;

I know right...

(Also, I'll never forgive myself for liking this show. I was supposed to watch it in order to make fun of it.. ;_;)

Guys, guys, am I the only one disturbed with their lack of nipples?

^ Yeah, it's crazy awkward. O.o;

I also found their freestyle to be a bit awkward; it's kinda weird how they breathe on every other stroke. blink.gif

Guys, guys, am I the only one disturbed with their lack of nipples?

You...you...how could you say that...now that will be all I can think about whenever I see any of them. I was perfectly fine without realizing that. T.T

You...you...how could you say that...now that will be all I can think about whenever I see any of them. I was perfectly fine without realizing that. T.T

...I shall apologize for eternity.

^ *laughs*

Four more days til episode 8 comes out~ By then, we'll be like 2/3 through the series D:

Well, there's this particular rule in anime.

If it shows nipples, it will be perverted.

So yeah, they erased their nipples. :I

Same with arm hair and leg hair. Unless its there for a point. Which I never notice how weird it is until someone says something.

Is there going to be a season two? Anyone know if it's not, or is there still time for that to be announced? Becuase I will be so sad when this ends. >.<

Is there going to be a season two? Anyone know if it's not, or is there still time for that to be announced? Becuase I will be so sad when this ends. >.<

Haven't heard anything, sorry D:

Btw, anyone else thought that the "see you next water time"-picture in the end was quite adorable? :3 (especially Mikoshiba on the background x3)

Well, there's this particular rule in anime.

If it shows nipples, it will be perverted.

So yeah, they erased their nipples. :I

As an adult, I don't understand why a nipple shot immediately ups ananime rating to R+ for "mild nudity". I mean... Macross Zero had ONE short scene of a naked girl singing in a sacred grotto, with her nipples shown for, what, 10 seconds and - boom - R+ ratio. Then again, it being an OVA about a war (with mechas!) and somewhat violent at that, it would have been R-rated without the boobies, too... but that's somewhat derailing the thread.

Ahem.

I'm not watching Free! until the whole thing comes out (I'm a marathoner/can't stand waiting a week for individual episodes), but from what I've seen on Tumblr, nipples or not, everything is shirtless and suggestive already. :B

... I'm gonna be dead once episode 12 is released. This is so amazing.

And I'm almost positive that Ama was a swimsuit model. In episode two she says that she "swore I'd never put on a swimsuit ever again."

Anyways... My favorite character is Haru, though Rin is a close second (I'm having a Death Note-y thing here where I love the protagonist and antagonist).

Just watched the first 7 episodes of this show. It's okay, I like Haruka because I like the stoic-type characters and I like his genuine desire to just swim in water instead of some egotistical reason like just wanting to beat someone at something. All the other characters are pretty stereotyped and boring, but there's not much you can do about that in 7 episodes.

I was shocked to find there was any controversy surrounding this anime. It seems many men are upset that there's an anime out there that creates unrealistic body standards for men, which just completely amuses me given almost every woman in every anime has an unrealistic body.

And I don't find their bodies unrealistic whatsoever. They are perfectly attainable with just hard work. If anything, they are thinner and have less muscle than the average competitive swimmer. Unlike most of the women who exist in anime who have bodies so unrealistic that you couldn't even achieve them with surgery.

Edited by Syaoransbear

I disagree with that... If you look deeper, each of them has the capacity to have a wonderful and colorful story behind them. For example, I made a hypothesis that Rei is so analytical because he was careless in the past (underwear story hints at this) and doesn't want to make mistakes ever again. Nagisa is possibly happy-go-lucky because he's secretly not so on the inside (which is common, yes, but still interesting). And Makoto is just scared of the ocean, which I can totally relate to. I think his character is super awesome. But, yeah, Haru is definitely the most interesting of the four, though the others aren't inherently boring.

That's true. One of my best friends is a swimmer and sometimes I tag along to watch because it's really interesting to me. And I know several boys on the team that look like those characters as far as body type (because it's a public swim team, they're not super hard on their swimmers, resulting in slightly less muscular ones).

Edited by Mousia

Usually, I use Crunchyroll to watch Free!, but it's been getting kinda annoying when it goes all ad-crazy on me. So...what site/etc. do you guys use to watch Free!?

I use Watchanimeon.com, since it has episodes I know I can watch on my iPad. I don't know if it's just my seriously old iPad or what, but it sometimes crashes, which can be a pain.

Otherwise, I use Gogoanime, but that's really only if I'm on the computer. I haven't used it in months...

I watch it on Watchanimeon.com now, because I was watching it on crunchyroll, but it wouldn't show me episode seven unless I started my two week free trial and I want to save that for when I can actually afford to pay if I really like it without ads. Also, does anyone know when episode eight is coming out?

I watch it on Watchanimeon.com now, because I was watching it on crunchyroll, but it wouldn't show me episode seven unless I started my two week free trial and I want to save that for when I can actually afford to pay if I really like it without ads. Also, does anyone know when episode eight is coming out?

I think it comes out on wednesday, as usual.

But I always watch it on thursdays because time zones x')

Edited by Paddlefoot

Oh, okay. I was just unaware because I marathoned the first seven episodes and didn't know when they came out. But Wednesdays are cool. smile.gif

Same with arm hair and leg hair. Unless its there for a point. Which I never notice how weird it is until someone says something

Chances are that they actually do shave their legs. The hair would actually slow them down when swimming and I know that with haruka's swim suit he would have to because of the style.

Chances are that they actually do shave their legs. The hair would actually slow them down when swimming and I know that with haruka's swim suit he would have to because of the style.

That's true. Swimmers generally remove a lot of bodily hair due to drag. But this also happens in a bunch of other anime, which is why it's being pointed out. Though it's mostly a style choice, just like the spiky hair or pointy noses.

But I think that Makoto wouldn't need to shave because of the style of suit he wears, but that's just...whatever. xd.png

^ Yeah, that's true.

I wonder if we'd encounter any characters with a shaved head? That'd be interesting.

The point of the cap is so people don't have to shave their heads. But that would be interesting.