senyi

Free! Iwatobi Swim Club

Free! Iwatobi Swim Club is a Japanese anime series that aired on July 4, 2013. It's basically about four guys (that have girly names) and how they form a swim club at their school.

This is the place to discuss Free! and it's characters, your opinion about the show, etc.

Sorry about the icky summary >.<"

Edited by XiaoChibi

Welp.

They're all good looking.

The plot and "plot" seem good enough for me.

I like the OP and ED both equally.

Rei is best character.

Also I can't get over the derp moments of Rei learning how to swim. xd.png

Edited by Vaati

Lol, Rei makes me laugh. "It's not beautiful!" *cries*

Oh! Episode 5 is out, I just saw it an hour ago. I really like Rin in this one, he's not such a jerk. I cant wait for the competition where Haru and Rin will swim seriously in the same pool after so long. Haru's my favorite, so I'm rooting for him.

I had a friend come over and start watching this show on the computer. It's like a train wreck; you can't tear your eyes away from it. It's not bad, but it's seriously cheesy. It was also very popular at the convention I went to a few days ago.

I'm planning on rooting for Haru, Rin's teeth scare me O_O They're so sharp!

I have this feeling that Rin's gonna be involved in the next episode ; A;

They're like shark teeth. O.o It's creepy. The only weird thing about Haru is probably his overabundant love for mackerel. But I'm with you, go Haru! And Makoto, I like Makoto. :3

Well of course they're like shark teeth, his character represents sharks whilst Haru's character represents dolphins.

I forgot what things the other guys represent ;-; except Rei of course, he's the butterfly. xd.png

(Wow! I was just hoping that someone would make a topic of Free! and then someone actually did!!)

But yeah, really waited this anime to come out with my friend, and so far we've been really satisfied with it! I can't decide my favorite character since I think they're all awesome, but

my favorite side-character is Mikoshiba (the red haired captain dude xP)

Anybody want to tell what they think of the 5th episode? :3

Makoto=orca and Nagisa=penguin biggrin.gif

Gosh, I feel like I can relate to Rei when he started swimming (I dived the EXACT same way he did in episode 3 xd.png). For now, my favorite chatacter would be Haru. I find it hilarious whenever he's exposed to water.

I was really surprised about the end of episode 5 ; A; That cliffhanger...

SPOILER...?

I'm curious...is Makoto afraid of the ocean/has been traumatized?

Edited for a code fail Dl

Edited by XiaoChibi

When Haru sees water he's all like "This is where I'll live now" I mean look at this lol

user posted image

user posted image

credits to artist-black

ALSO ALL DAT RIN UNF

Spoiler:

[ It seems so o_0 Haru even asked him if he was okay with it... and then that flashback, I'm curious about what happened (and what will happen) ; -; ]

Spoiler:

[ It seems so o_0 Haru even asked him if he was okay with it... and then that flashback, I'm curious about what happened (and what will happen) ; -; ]

Spoiler: It was also curious that even Rin asked if Makoto was okay with them swimming in the ocean :o:ends

I'm enjoying this anime way more than I was expecting xd.png

My favorite so far would be Rei, though I want to cuddle Makoto badly.

Loved that Rin was a bit more light hearted this episode, though when even he asked if Makoto was ok with the training I knew something really really bad must've happened. Wonder if Rin will in some way be involved with whatever happenes next episode (hope so).

SPOILER

The flashback shows a funeral so my best guess is that someone drowned maybe in a similar situation with what (almost) happened with Rei (a sibling maybe?)

Spoiler:

[ That makes sense, seeing how Makoto reacted when seeing Rei "drowning" and he doesn't want "that" to happen again ]

And yes, I hope Rin gets more screen time in the next episode

Episode 6 is out! It explains about Makoto's fear and all the flashbacks. :3 I'll wait a bit before I talk more about it. But I really liked this episode.

It seems next episode is gonna be a face-off between Rin and Haru! I can't wait! This is what I've been waiting for!

I KNOOOOOOOOOOW nghghghgh.

[ Makoto's flashback ;-; oh god feels... I somehow knew that the death of that goldfish had some connection with the death of some person he cared about. But, whoa, the fisherman had a tragic death.

Nagisa's imitation of a penguin... oh my god xd.png that was adorkable

And Rei's embarrasing story lol, poor guy.

This episode had some near-yaoi shots. o.o specially the (almost) CPR scene.

IT WAS SO CLOSE.

And the picture after the credits where they were showing their "sunburns". ]

I can't wait for the next episode either tongue.gif

And today I just heard read that it's going to be an anime of 12 episodes...

;-; why.

Edited by Vaati

What?!? No!!! That's not cool! Not cool at all! Only 12 episodes...T.T No wonder Rin and Haru are facing off so soon, if episode 6 is already out. That means we're officially halfway through. *dies a slow and painful fangirl death*

What?!? No!!! That's not cool! Not cool at all! Only 12 episodes...T.T No wonder Rin and Haru are facing off so soon, if episode 6 is already out. That means we're officially halfway through. *dies a slow and painful fangirl death*

I heard about that too! D':

I'm hoping there will magically be season 2 or something..

Just 12 episodes? But...but...We need more sad.gif

Loved this episode though. The FEELS!

Edited by Isuzu

Ermahgerd ep 7 is out

[ WOW

WOOOOOOOW

WOOOOOOOOOW RIN NO

RIN

YOU

*** BAG

]

Edited by Vaati

Ermahgerd ep 7 is out

[ WOW

WOOOOOOOW

WOOOOOOOOOW RIN NO

RIN

YOU

*** BAG

]

My thoughts exactly.

[ HOW DARE HE DO THAT TO HARU, DID YOU SEE HIS FACE. T.T EVIL SHARK BOY. Now Haru needs to challenge him and whoop his butt. ]

Does anyone else think that the thing Rin does with his goggles looks like it hurts? I mean, did you hear that snap as it hit him...I'd do that and start rolling around on the floor in pain.

Edited by Lythe

Actually, it doesn't hurt much, I've tried it before ^^; The sound is just loud because of the cap, I think.

Um...random question here, but does anyone support a specific "pairing" or anything? I was reading some YT comments for episode 6 the question popped into my head.