Psycho Cat

Psudinn's Uprising

Hello good folk of DC! This is Psudinn's Uprising, a Pokemon hack project that I felt should be made public. Why? Because I can't compose, sprite, or code. But first, some things I'd like to say.

• It was confirmed to me by angelicdragonpuppy that hacks are not bad as long as you do not claim Pokemon as your own, which I do not
  • This is NOT meant like Project Fakemon. Fakemon isn't a hack, this is (hopefully) going to become a real hack.
  • As said before, I do not claim Pokemon in any way, nor is this meant to be a Fakemon duplicate, so please do not give me trouble about this.
  • Go read the very last section before posting
OK, let's do this. So, I'm going to pick three (main, all other contributions are welcome) spriters, one sketcher (since most spriters can sketch) and three composers. If you can code, a PM would be much appreciated. To pick spriters and sketchers, I'm going to need a lot of help re-posing and spriting the starters, which you can take some creative liberties on, but don't go wild. For composers, I just need some type of song.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Plot-

Still in development, but I have a rough idea. I'll add it if it grows enough, but until then please give me ideas. The region name is Psudinn.

Spriters-

None

Sketcher(s)-

None

Composers-

None

Coder(s)-

None

New types-

Not a coder, so I'm not sure how hard this would be - thus these types are completely optional - but to honor all the rumors, there are two new types, and no fairy. These are, as probably guessed, sound and light.

Sound-

Is 2x against: ice, flying, electric

Is 1/2x against: light, ground, rock, steel

Is resistant against: fighting, electric

Is weak against: light, flying

Sound is generally a non-defensive type, relying on speed to dodge attacks. It has good speed, sp. defense, and sp. attack. If it were real, it would be an interesting type competitively due to it's odd relation with flying types.

Light-

Is 2x against: sound, dark, fighting, ghost,

Is 1/2x against: ground, fire, psychic, light

Is resistant against: sound, normal, ghost, fighting, light

Is weak against: psychic, fire, electric

Is unaffected by: dark

Light is similar to sound, stat wise. If it were real, it would be the only type to hit Sableye and Spiritomb super effectively.

New moves-

none yet, but there will be (if codable, I'm not sure yet)

New abilities-

same

Pokemon-

Grass starters (in need of names) http://jasminedraco.deviantart.com/art/My-...%253A1373916111

These are rough sketches, and I'm redoing them.

I will post the other starters if this gets any positive feedback

Now, I don't know if this is the best thing ever, or a mess that has disturbed you, but crits are wanted, and wanted to be nice. I've never been good at these kinds of things and if this has some major flaw, then please tell me right away, while remembering that I'm a person too. Thank you.

And mods, this hopefully shouldn't be too close to Fakemon. I did consult the help section before posting this.

Edited by Psycho Cat

Well, this has been up for awhile, and I haven't been reported yet, so I'll just post this. Salamander/newt water starter. Also in need of names.

I play piano and i can do basic composing ^^

ANd i can do basic sprites :3

woud love to help biggrin.gif

Edited by terminallypisces

I would like to help.

I can help with sketching, and I WOULD with coding but I don't code games xP I cane code pages...

I can probably help out if you want. I can sprite a bit and I have some experience with Pokemon ROM hacking (nothing too fancy, though.) I'm not quite as good at concept sketches but I can kind of do that too.

Welp, okay then, but most of my work will be all canines and cats. xd.png I can make ponies too. Inanimate objects.. Later or maybe tomorow I'll upload some.

ME MAKE LITWICK!

Edited by girlfairy76

I can do front and backsprites, and I've helped sprite for one or two hack projects elsewhere before (still am helping with one.)

http://believe-in-number-city.tumblr.com/p...lated-imagery-v

^There's some examples there, plus you can see some of my other sprites over in the Fakemon Project thread. xP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8euitJrm9WY

Here's a video of some basic script editing (and I guess inserting sprites since I replaced Zubat's sprite with a Moemon version for some reason?) I've done to Pokemon Ruby (nothing special but kind of hilarious. Also I forgot to edit a few bits.) I can do somewhat more complicated script editing as well (and edit Pokemon names, stats, etc.), but the only examples I have up for that currently are old and embarrassing (to an even greater extent than that one.) xP

Oh, and I can edit maps. But I'm really really not good at making map layouts and it'd be helpful if someone else came up with a layout first and then I edited the map into it. xP

Edited by Pika_Oi

Okay, Here's some pokémon, if you want to see my drawings of some other stuff, (That would be cats and angel/devil people) ask me. I chose the easy pokémon lol. I can draw Chikorita, Oshawott, Snivy, Cyndaquil, MAYBE Piplup, and maybe Torchic for the starters.

I honestly think the espeon and glaceon and dratini were bad xP lol, but I like the half-Sylveon face.

Edited by girlfairy76

What color is the grass starter?

I can color over the sketch and make it... A computer sketch.

Edited by girlfairy76

For the first one-

The main body is light-medium green, the hind feet and stripes are red, the front legs are lion colored, and the big chest plate is grey.

Lalalala~

Okay. Next is the salamander.

Colors? Again.

I wish I made them so I know.

OH like re sketches of the originals? Or the ones you made?

Yes, resketches of the ones I made. You're allowed to take a few creative liberties, though.

I think I can help with basic melodies (it would have been nice if my little portable piano hadn't decided to break/run out if battery the second I started) and I have a few basic designs...

Oh yes I do like those ^-^ though other things are kinda eating me up, so I'll just have sweep this project into the corner for a while. *sweep sweep*

*Runs back to restart songs*

Um...I can try a few if you want.

Do you think it's possible to code new abilities?