TwilightMoonDragon

The Names We're Given | Dragon Age

"Yeah. I mean, I just told a long, rambling life story and you sum it up in a sentence. Great," she mumbled through her sleepy urge to just stop talking and black out. Jeez, Arod was the most annoying person...ever! She felt just like a child around him. Small, defiant, and slightly annoyed. Though she also looked up to him. If she could just beat him to the ground, it would be supreme validation. It would mean that all her actions were worthwhile. And that was all she really wanted.

~The Following Morning~

Opening her eyes, the world around her seemed a blur. Her eyes foggily adjusted to the morning light filtering in through the "door". Sitting up and rubbing her eyes, she groaned. "Why...?" she mumbled out loud as she began to stretch her aching muscles. "Great, now I've really done it... I'm gonna be sore all day long because I was too tired to take ten steps to my own tent..." She shrugged and ran her fingers through her hair. It'd have to do, she supposed. She looked around a little, dissatisfied with the unfamiliar layout and eventually resolved to sit back down, cross her legs, and wait until she had a good plan for the day.

[i'm really pissed. My brother deleted my Dragon Age 2 game.

Do you have any idea how long it took me to get past the dragon and rock wraith?]

Arod

Arod was still asleep. Not only was he asleep, but he was dreaming.

"Oh, Lysa," the younger man was in a bright and white forest, with amber leaves. In his arms was the mot beautiful creature that he had ever seen. Her hair was a stream of brown, and eyes shining like two icy pools.

He raised a hand to her stomach, feeling the child move under his touch. He beamed at her, and she smiled, and the world melted around them.

Suddenly, Lysa was screaming. She was on a pillowed bed, birthing his child with dark, dark blood... and fire. She was screaming like a banshee, and he had no choice but to stare as his son shuddered, and looked at him. Teeth, sharp teeth, with red eyes, muzzle, horns, and wings, tail...

The Archdemon blew fire into his face, and it was Arod's turn to scream, grabbing his face as he was prepared to feel the flames licking at his skin.

He shot up, harming himself as his wounds ripped open yet again... and screamed bloody murder as he grabbed his warhammer. "Die, die fiend! Die and go to hell! Go to hell for taking her!"

(OOC: Wup. Sorry for not being on)

Tammora woke up. What the hell happened last night? All I remember is...is...is bringing that stranger into the camp. She sat up so fast that she cracked her neck. Blasted neck! she started rubbing it and went to go and look for Jarret. Of he has left then I'm going to rip out his guts and feed it to the crows.

Kyndra sat on one of the beds in the room Jarrett had gotten them last night. She looked out the small window in the room, watching the sun slowly rise above the some of the houses in the small town. It was one of the few pluses of waking up early, even if she never woke up early by choice. That was one of the down falls of being a Grey Warden. She rarely ever got enough sleep due to nightmares. She let out a quiet sigh and leaned back against the wall, closing her eyes for a moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jared stretched quietly as he looked at the small fire he had made. His head turned slightly as he noticed Tammora,"Hello." he muttered. He yawned and looked around the camp. He looked at one of the tents curiously as he heard someone yelling wildly. They're obviously not normal people... he thought to himself.

Shane turned and saw Arod's rough awakening. "Don't let the creatures of the Fold trick you. It's not real. Just the past, my friend. Just the past. There will come a time when all of us will avenge though who we have lost, but this is not that day." Placing her hand on his chest, the woman let the healing warmth flow through her, making her eyes glow with the light from her magic. "Shh. I can see your body's wounds. I can hear your screams of agony when you get a cut. But only you know of the wounds on the inside. Only time can heal them, for my spells don't work on your thoughts. It's all up to you to make a scar where a wound once was and deal with it. I let the silence be my bandage. I cover my mouth with one hand and hold my staff with the other. But you can't do that. We both know that hearing your own booming voice is what helps you stand. And when you fall, it's the sound that props you back up. Where silence is my friend it is your enemy. So please stop being proud and let yourself heal. For her. I know that she would want you to keep going. Or else you wouldn't have loved her, would you?"

Arod

He panted wildly, and looked at Shane as he was pushed back into his back. His eyes were wild and his teeth ground harshly. Arod suddenly calmed down, feeling the warmth of Shane's healing flood over him.

"It's not just about her. It's... It's about that bloody dragon... And my brothers... The Grey Wardens... Think about it, Shane. We're the only ones alive.. Other than Kyandra and Jarrett... And we don't even know if they're alive."

He raised his eyes to her, and sighed, running a hand trough his hair. He was exsasperated... He couldn't take this anymore...

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

"Shh. Just leave it be for now. Maker is watching over us and we will achieve if he wills it so. Just be patient..." She pulled her hand away and looked him over, concerned. "I used to have a son once... He wasn't my real son, but he always called me "mommy" and I cared for him. I was maybe eleven, but I felt really fulfilled caring for him and making sure he was alright. And you know what I used to tell him? I told him that Maker would take him one day and that they would all live together happily in the sky. And he believed it. He believed it as he died in that dragon's flames. Right before I ran away because I was scared of my own promise to him. I lived my entire life running. But you never had to run. You always stayed right where you were. So maybe you should take solace in that. That you couldn't have done something when everything was taken from you, but I could have. And I still didn't." She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him as she spoke again. "I am a coward, despite my skill. I was perfectly capable of saving at least a few people, but I was too scared. That is the truest weakness of mine. And you never have to worry about it. At least smile for that...Arod."

[Wanna skip to when they're on the road, Mousia? Just for our group, though. I'm going to bed and look at my sig for further info. ^^]

(Meh. Mkay. xd.png)

Shane ran her fingers though her hair and sighed. Walking was so boring. She and Arod were headed off, probably destined to face some unforeseen danger, but the elf's thought still lingered right there. She was careful to space herself far enough away so their arms didn't brush, but close enough so they wouldn't lose each other. She vaguely missed the days when she didn't have to fight a soul, but she also knew that it was the road she had chosen. Her magic was for fighting and her soul was for revenge...

(Computer decided to be a spaz and delete, like, nine of my posting attempts.)

Edited by Mousia

Arod

Arod looked over his shoulder to see if everyone was behind then. Tammora, Shane... Yes, everyone was there. They were currently near the mountains... Snow capped things that towered over them and held the sky on their pointed heads. His hazel eyes looked ahead, and he kept a hand on the pommel of his shortsword.

"We're... Going the wrong way."

He admitted, looking at Shane and the rest of the group. "We're supposed to be going to Deredim... And we're going south... Not north..."

"And whose fault is that?" Shane whispered. Sighing, the elf turned on her heel and started marching the opposite way on the path they'd come on. "If you turn out to be wrong, someone's getting a hard bonk on the head and it won't be Tammora." With a flick of her wrist, the angered mage triggered a small avalanche and let gravity do the rest of the work. Screw those mountains. They could suck her- Wait a second... If they'd been going the wrong way that whole time, Shane should have been able to tell. What had been on her mind all that time to distract her? Oh yeah. Arod. Him and his stupid freakin' darkspawn wounds. Could've died, that man. And yet... They'd shared more about themselves that night to each other than any other night. And his trust weighed heavily on her shoulders. As if she didn't have enough to make her shorter! Okay, okay. Bad joke. But, in all honesty, her thoughts were haunted by an unspoken obligation that she felt to him. She'd have to work harder and get better to prove to Arod that she was worth the trust. That she could hold her own. The elven Grey Warden felt an anvil chained to her ankle as she walked, the weight of her responsibility. She knew she'd have even more reasons not to sleep right.

"Glad to see that it's not just me who has nightmares." Jarrett said, rolling over onto his back. "I'll trade ya if it'll keep you from waking up Lana... probably just going to ditch her here. She's not much help anyway." Jarrett sat up and moved to stand. He took his hands and rubbed his face, trying to wipe the drowsiness off. Blood, fire, screaming, it was all a regularly scheduled torture. Shut your eyes and see your mistakes. If he had just cared more, fought more, something. Anything to keep those happier times alive.

"Oh, hi. So you stayed...what are you going to do now? Are you going to com with us or what?" She was seriously worried there for a second that Jared would just wander off in the night without saying thanks to the people who kind of helped him. I'll make breakfast after I've done talking. Arod, Shane and Jared might be hungry.

Kyndra looked over at Jarrett and nodded slightly,"Yep, nightmares again." she murmured. She looked over at him quizzically for a moment,"She's barely been with us for a day and you already want to ditch her?" she asked. It was true that Lana hadn't shown much use yet, but she hadn't gotten the chance either. She shook her and walked towards where their bags were and started packing her blanket and other things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Not sure why I did." Jared commented absently towards her. He could see the other two in the group chatting as they walked along the road. He ran a hand through his messy black and shook his head. He would stay with them a bit, at least until he figured out who they were. They seemed like a rather strange group of travelers.

"Don't tell me you're going to bonk me on the head." Arod grumbled as he walked. He sent his green eyes at Shane. "It's not my fault. I never said I was good at directions."

"The girl was kind of useless. However, I suppose I could keep hauling her along. I'm not gonna pretend though, I'm worried she'll just end up dead." Jarrett said, standing and helping Kyndra pack. "Especially with that assassin on our tails." He shook his head, "she's downright skilled. Not to mention pretty." A blush came to his cheeks as he recalled her face. "Don't worry though, your wrath is much much scarier than she is pretty. 'How dare you go and get yourself killed?'" He joked, smiling.

"So are you hungry? I think I can make a nice breakfast. I'm not as good as Shane though." Tammora didn't really like eating meat so after she was finished with the meat she was going to find some berries or mushrooms to eat instead. I wonder how they can resist the taste. Think about eating an innocent animal that's done nothing wrong and then eating it. Imagine you being a chicken and then next minute later you fin yourself with no head. It's like killing yourself!

Kyndra shrugged, nodding slightly at Jarrett. She could see his point, but it wouldn't be right just to leave Lana behind. She let out a sigh, picking up her bag as she finished packing it,"Well lets keep her around for a another day or two and if she doesn't show any use we can always ask her to leave." she said, looking over at Jarrett who was also packing up some of their supplies. She rolled her eyes at Jarrett's "How dare you get yourself killed." comment, smiling slightly,"Well, don't expect me to applaud you for getting yourself killed." she replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jared shrugged at her question. After the food from last night he was less hungry than before and he could go for little longer without getting hungry. He looked over at her slightly,"I'm not that hungry, but a little snack wouldn't hurt. Though we should wait until we find a place to set up camp." He said, gesturing towards the two up front. He shook his head and then turned his head completely to face Tammora as he walked,"Who are they?" He asked her, making another gesture towards the two.