TwilightMoonDragon

The Names We're Given | Dragon Age

((Isn't Tammora in group one not group two?))

Kyndra rolled her eyes at Jarrett as he feel over and turned her head towards the woman that had approached. She had grey eyes and long red hair and along with the mask she would be very easy to recognize. She didn't extremely savor the thought of a long drawn out chat with her and so she straightened and looked her straight in the eyes. "What do you want?" She asked bluntly. Her gaze turned from the woman for a moment and looked around the tavern curiously again. It had few decorations and looked slightly run down, but she doubted there were anymore in the town. She looked back at the woman again, noticing that "claws" on her hands, her eyes narrowing. She was most likely an assassin by the look of her, which put Kyndra's guard up almost immediately. She doubted that she simply wanted to chat, and she doubted even more that she was very friendly. This day just gets better and better.. She thought to herself in irritation.

Jarrett stumbled to his feet. Somewhat embarrassed by his fall at the hands of that vile door. The woman took off the mask, and he was somewhat stunned. He had been expecting a scar or something. "Wow. I mean," he cleared his throat. "We'd like a room for the night." He stood up and tried to regain his composure. He missed the looks Kyndra was shooting at the woman. However on edge he had been before was gone now.

Gray looked at Jarret and giggled. "We have a room open... But you can be in my room if you want..." she laughed again and looked at Kyandra. "I am simply helping..."

[broken thumb. ^^]

"Aw come on, she's had plenty of chances to kill us. Why wait? I'm not passing up a free room too." Jarrett argued. At this point he was more or less on edge. Going up to her room might reveal her motives. Plus, free room. Lana and Kyndra would want their own room anyway, and they might only be able to afford one. "Please Kyndra? I promise we'll be okay."

Kyndra crossed her arms stubbornly as she looked at him. She shot a quick glare at the woman and then turned her head back to Jarrett,"I think we'll be fine in one room." she said, "By ourselves." she added. She didn't enjoy being so stubborn, but she preferred it to finding someone dead. She truly wanted to simply stand up and walk straight towards a room and away from the conversation but, she remained silent, waiting for another possible argument from Jarrett or some other comment.

[it's okay! :3]

Gray blinked at Kyandra. Great... She was getting in the way! She crossed her arms and sighed. "If he wants to share a room with me, let him. He's an adult, isn't he? He can make his own choices."

Kyndra glared at the woman for a moment and let out an angry sigh,"I hate taverns." she muttered under her breathe. She looked at Jarrett, tapping her fingers on the table. Jarrett would most likely continue arguing with her if she said no again or the lady with the dragon mask would say something else. She let out a slight groan and stood up,"Fine." she said finally and turned towards the woman,"Mind showing me a room?"

"I am afraid my companion is correct about this. I cannot share a room with a stranger. Perhaps next time we meet, we might not be strangers." With that Jarrett glanced at Kyndra. He hoped that she wasn't too mad at him for leading the woman along. Not to mention that he was just for a moment, fooled. She was so pretty. Then again, he could name half a dozen beautiful plants that could kill you. Though, he hoped he was wrong. Most women didn't seem like the killing type, bit then, look at Kyndra.

Shane was still mad at Arod. Stupid censorkip.gif*** was always going around, making her job difficult. Tears streamed down her face, but she was silent as she wiped them away. Good thing she had her back to him. Red-eyed, she stood up and turned around to face his stiffly. "The wounds you got from the darkspawn almost killed you. By moving around, you reopened them, which makes them more easily infected. You could die. You have to realize that, Arod. You could die so easily right now... And you can't die. Then I'd be alone. And if you leave me alone, I won't be able to deal with that. So just stay there and don't scare me like that, okay? As much as we fight and get on each other's nerves, I need you around. Otherwise, I can't curse you anymore. I can't curse you in your grave. You need to be alive. You hear? You've got to be alive, or else I'll look like a bad person." Crossing her arms, the woman turned away from him stiffly and sat down. "Don't leave me here, you censorkip.gif***. The least you could do is take me with you," she whispered.

The fever had started up again. Arod listened to Shane and heaved a sigh. "I won't die. I have to defeat the darkspawn." he said. "And I have to save Ferelden and Thedas..."

"What if you do? You don't understand how serious your condition is." She wiped her tears away as discreetly as she could, though she feared his prying eyes. Damn her stupid feelings! She hated feeling. Especially because she had to hide it so often. No one knew the horrors that lurked behind her eyelids. What monsters hid within her, springing upon her tiny body when she closed her eyes. And so she kept her tears to herself. She kept her thoughts to herself. No one knew what she felt at any given moment but her. It was suffocating. Restraining. She felt her ankles and wrists bound by chains of emotion that she concealed. She walked with an eternal weight attached to her leg that she dragged behind her and it slowed her. But she kept her chin up and tried to hide the fear. And Arod always managed to drag it out of her. She hated and loved him for that.

Kyndra raised an eyebrow at Jarrett's sudden change of mind, but remained silent. She could ask him about what had happened after they got a room. She turned towards the woman,"Since you seem intent on helping.. do you know where we can pay for a room?" she asked. She ran a hand through her hair, looking around the tavern again. She didn't like being out in public much, especially since most people were extremely suspicious of her.

Edited by Misty-Shroud

Arod

Arod smirked softly, leaning up a little. Though, the smirk was seventy five percent pained. This knife ear... she cared for him? Ha, that was weird... an elf, and some human warrior. Not only an elf, but a mage!

"Haha... Shane... You worry too much..." he grunted, narrowing his eyes and wrapping his arm around his stomach. "I've been a Grey Warden for much longer than you know. I'm strong. I've survived the Initiation. I can live through a few cuts."

"Painted Dragon"

Gray narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms. She could get Jarrett later... She could get him into her bed, and offer him some drink, slip some poison into it... and he would be dead. Standing straighter, she glared at the man that she had been harassing behind the desk.

"Go and talk to Cory over there. He should give you a room." Gray said, harshly and colder. "Though... If you want to pay at least a visit..." she turned to Jarrett. "My door is always unlocked for a cute human in armor..."

Shane shook her head slightly. Her voice was cold when she spoke again. Soft and low, sad and beautiful. It was the voice of a crushed person. Crushed from the weight of her own sins. Crushed from the weight of her concealed emotions. Crushed under the thumbs of all the humans who had rejected her. But the point was that her voice was strong in its sadness. Calling out for some light to guide her, but already mostly sure that there was no point in looking anymore. "You really don't get it..." Standing, she turned to him and kneeled beside the bed. "Your voice is weak, Arod. I can feel it echoing less than it does when you're healthy." Feeling his forehead, she noted its warmth. Setting her ear down on his chest, she listened carefully. "Your heart beats more softly when you're poisoned and sick. You have a fever and the beat of your heart is shallow. Do you see know? Everything that I've even remotely cared about has been lost to me. Do you realize that you're not the only one with a broken heart? Every time I made friends or built relationships, the Circle tore them away from me. Just when I thought it was safe, I was taken away or they were made tranquil. Their souls haunted me in the Fold when I was doing my Harrowing. And when I came here, I knew that it would be hard for me because I'm an elf woman mage, all three frowned upon here. I can't be strong because I'm a woman. I'm inferior and a disgrace because I'm an elf. I'm an untrustworthy coward because I'm a mage. But I can't help the way I was born. And then you were the only person who I actually trusted. And you know why? Because you're honest. You told me from the start that you didn't like me. You call me knife-ear and you never care what I'll feel about it. I know that you mean what you say. There was no room for pain because I didn't know the whole truth. And so it's the one thing I cling to. That at least you're honest. If worst comes to worst, you'll tell me just how it is. I won't suffer later. It was so refreshing. So I'm telling it to you just how it is now. You can't survive if you're reckless. Nevermind about your masculinity and whatever ego you choose to cling to. I need at least one person to tell me the truth. Does that get through your stupid head? So go to sleep or just close your eyes and talk until you do. Just heal for me and I'll get back to clubbing you on the head. We can forget that we had this talk."

Arod

Arod knew what he was going through... that he might die. He ground his teeth as Shane touched his face, and then pressed her pointy ear to his chest. He knew that his heart was beating faintly. He knew that he might die. He looked down at her, and raised his hand, touching the side of her face in a rare and friendly gesture.

"Do not think so highly of me." he told her. "You should think highly of yourself. How many times have I offended you and you remained... well, normal? Still as tall as you originally approached. I am filth... If I was something... I would have... I would have stopped that attack..."

"There's no way to stop it alone and you know that. And I only looked fine. You don't know how much I hide from everyone that I can also hurt sometimes." She sighed, still resting her head on his chest. "I guess we all have things that we're scared of. Things about ourselves that we resent. But what many of us fail to realize is that others rely on us faults and all." She closed her eyes and breathed deeply again. "I haven't slept since two nights ago... Couldn't stop thinking about the darkspawn. And my nightmares kept waking me up. You don't mind, do you?"

Arod

"No, I don't. It's... been a while I've had a good sleep as well. The visions..."

The last good sleep he had was when he was in love. When the Archdemon came and blew its putrid flames at his moon, as he saw her burning in front of her... He shuddered, and raised his hand to her ear. He felt it, the point at which it ended. It was child's curiousity,

Then, he caught himself and pulled his hand away. "Sorry, I was just curious..." he admitted with a falther in his voice.

Shane chuckled slightly. "That's okay. At lot of people wonder what it feels like. Truth is, it's cartilage, just like yours." She listened to his heart beating some more. She loved how beautiful the tragedy was. How its beat was so soft and faint, like a flickering flame. All that it took to blow it out was too much wind. At the same time, it couldn't burn without its potential undoing. Quite poetic. She'd learned a lot about flame in her mage training. Nothing was magic. That was her conclusion. Everything had limits. Everything had weaknesses. And that was a teaching that had stuck with her forever. "You can keep touching my ear if you want. Maybe you'll stop calling me knife-ear once you figure out that it feels just like yours," she joked with a tired smile.

"I thought that it was sharp, like a knife." Arod said, running his finger over the back of her ear gently. For once, he was a child again. Laughing and curious... "What are you going to do once we killed the Archdemon?" he asked.

[Thum in cast again...]

"Yeah. Most people do think that." She was taken back to a time no so long before. In the Circle... He was nothing like Arod. He was kind and cared for everybody. Wouldn't hurt a fly. Maybe that's why they made him tranquil... But he was human. And, like most humans, he wasn't particularly fond of elves. However, Shane took the challenge and kept it close to her heart. She'd have to keep improving as a mage to even get close to him. Then, she'd wriggle in and show him that humans and elves weren't much different. And just when her feelings wouldn't stay inside her head anymore, he was gone. Everything he could have ever felt or ever made someone feel was gone. He was just a blank slate of a man. But then Arod asked her what she'd do after the Archdemon was slain. "I'd probably find some place to live and just do that for the rest of time. Or take revenge on the Circle and kill every last one of the people responsible for causing my suffering... Haven't decided."

Arod glanced down at Shane and frowned. "I'd just live. Probably in a shack." he gave a pained groan, raising his hand to his stomach. That was being a censorkip.gif*... "Are you a blood mage?" Arod asked.

[Cast off today. :3]

Shane huffed gently with laughter at Arod's plan. Live in a shack, huh? She doubted it. He'd be way too tall. The thought amused her. She wasn't prepared when the man asked her if she was a blood mage. "I considered learning that magic for a while, but no. It requires blood sacrifices from the mage for it to work and is an illegal practice anyway. Not worth the power that goes along with it. Are you familiar with force mages?" Her voice was low and sleepy, but she kept going. "All mages are taught how to manipulate fire, ice, and electricity. Most learn how to heal, though to varying degrees. There are some mages that choose to dedicate their magic solely to healing others. I wanted to take revenge on others, though, so I didn't do that. Anyway, I saw being a force mage as the best option. What we specialize in is using our minds as weapons. We can use telekinesis and rip people apart by merely thinking the thing. A great many of us are also immune to other force mages. However... It's a strict thing. It requires much focus, diligence, and rigid rule-following. Not something for the faint of heart. Anyway, that's what I am."

(Pretty sure this is based on Dragon Age II, so I consulted the wiki for that one. Let me know if I'm wrong. xd.png)

"Might have to take you up on that some other time m'lady." Why were all assassins so beautiful? If Kyndra hadn't been thinking straight he would have walked straight into a spider's den. Then again, his whole reasoning was hinging on the fact that she took off the mask so willingly. Shaky reasoning. With that he moved to the innkeeper, waiting for his response. Hopefully he could explain that it was all a clever ruse. Keep the assassin's face in mind. Make sure that they could kill her somewhere discreet. Making things up as he went wasn't his usual style, but it would have to work. The woman in the mask was good. Very good.

"So the point is that you're not a blood mage." Arod said. His eyes were closing and he was falling asleep. "That's good..."

[skip?]