Moonbeam22

The Last Dragons

user posted image~ Kite

He concentrated on the branched across and above him, crouched, shifted his weight, then... then...! He jumped! Kite grabbed on by a claw, gasping, then finding more grip, put his other paw up and then lifted his body under the branch so his legs would grip the top of the branch on the other side.

Haha. He was hanging upside down! Kite grinned. "Sweeeeet!" Then yelped as his front claws suddenly gave way, and he pulled himself onto the branch by his legs, giggling.

Alrighty- he could do this! He hopped onto another 'step', then another, then looked around. No easy steps... he looked straight up. Ah- a branch! He leapt straight up without farther ado and, grabbing it with his front claws, pulled himself on and looked for another branch, tail whipping. This tree climbing was sooo fun! It was like, he could do whatever with his body, twist any which way and gravity didn't care because he was up high!

Kite didn't really think about falling. He was more preoccupied with finding his way to the very top-! He was there. He was on the top branch, swaying this and and that with the tree, and he settled there, curling his tail around a twig and gripping the sides with his back feet and gripping the top of the branch with his front claws, and he was soon mesmerized by the setting sun, so big, and yellow but also other colors, orange, red... pink... then gone, and the sky was blue, purple, then deep, deep blue splattered with stars and gray clouds, until, as his eyelids grew heavier, it started to look even black. So empty... and it was beautiful. He closed his eyes with the image of the night sky imprinted on his lids, but he frowned. It was incomplete. Kite reopened them, and watched, memorizing the image in front of him until he could see the entire thing when he closed his eyes.

Luna finished all the leafs on the branch but was still hungry so she trotted back to the bush and started eating. Suddenly she heard growling and saw a huge furry beast paced out of the trees. Luna squealed and sprinted back to the cave there's something out there! Its big and furry and scary and it was about to attack me! cried Luna Edited by Flamma

user posted image

Lyr had turned around when Luna entered into the cave. "..Wha?" She said in a dumbfounded voice. "..Big, fury, and scary..?" Somehow, Lyr managed to catch on to all the words that Luna said. "Where was it? We must make sure to stay away from that creature." Lyr shuddered at the thought of her small bones getting crushed in the jaws of a huge creature.

It was down by a bush not to far from here! Said Luna I heard something growling and then I turned around and it was there! It might have followed me back here!

((Sorry for shortness))

user posted image~ Kite

Kite woke from his light sleep from squealing and growling far down below. He rubbed his eyes with his paws and looked down; he saw another hatchling running up to another, and then start conversing. He saw nothing that might have growled... had he imagined it?

Maybe there was a big dragon somewhere nearby. Kite's spirits rose at the same time his skin felt prickly at the idea that there was a dragon growling at hatchlings. It meant that maybe, maybe their moms and dads were still around! He hopped down branch to branch, but then stopped, branch still swaying from his landing, at seeing something large, and hairy, and on all fours and approaching the hatchlings. Kite's blood ran cold for a moment.

Then he quickly scampered to a lower branch nearer to the hatchlings. "There's sumptin' big and nasty after ya!" Kite whispered urgently.

user posted image

"Wha? Wha-what!?" Lyr said in a panicked voice, being easily intimidated. She scrampered around the cave before accidently hitting a wall. She moaned and slowly got up from her dizzy state. still remembering the furry, big, creature, she screamed, "Run!!!" And darted into a small crack in the walls, as the big hairy creature loomed towards the remaining two.

Edited by XxDragonletxX

user posted image

Levania opened an eye to see there was another dragon in the same tree, though he obviously didn't notice her. The commotion was caused by a hairy beast.

At first she was a bit frightened, but her eyes narrowed. She leapt on the beast and bit as hard as she could, hopefully she could pierce the neck enough to suffocate it.

Slowly, while the beast was shaking her off, she finally pierced it's neck. It was too late though, as she was thrown back into the tree. The beast howled, running away.

Had she really bit it enough? No, that wasn't it, because she could see the fur around it's neck sizzling off with bits of stuff coming off with it. Hmm, what if...?

She bit the bark of the tree, and the bark she bit immediately withered and fell off. That could be useful. She thought deviously.

She noticed that, although she was thrown back into the tree, the green hatchling still did not know where she was.

user posted image

Lyr peered out of the crack from wich she was hiding. She had saw it all. The fight between the mysterious hathcling and the beast. She saw as the hatchling had bit into the bark of a tree... and it withered and fell off? Lyr watched with strained eyes. Maybe this hatchling was poisenous? Lyr cringed at the thought of having her body parts falling off. 'This hatchling is dangerous.' She thought to herself and narrowed her eyes. She silently slinked out of the crack that she was hiding in and started towards the strange hatchling. She would observe and find out a way to avoid getting hurt.

(OOC: Hmm.. body parts falling off? Sounds like Leprosy..)

Edited by XxDragonletxX

((Nope, it''s necrosis. And her making venom drip from her fangs is like the Sydney funnelweb spider.))

Levania looked around quickly, hearing an unfamiliar rustling of leaves. "You come any closer, I'll bite your head off." She warned sinisterly, jutting her fangs out while making venom drip off.

She wanted to make it clear that she was not one to be trifled with. Her eyes search everywhere, dismissing a yellow figure she thought just to be a flower.

(OOC: Oh, okay

user posted image

Lyre quickly hid among the bushes, moving like a blur. Almost too small to be seen. She then moved to a crack in the rock, squishing her small body in and dissepearing.

"You can't scare me." Lyr said in a brave voice. She actually wasn't scared, the truth was, she was just curious.

Edited by XxDragonletxX

((I had assumed that Kite had climbed a different tree from Levania because the tree he climbed was very tall... And who's to say he wouldn't notice her after she bites the furry creature and gets flung away? wink.gif ))

user posted image~ Kite

Soon after the small orange hatchling ran, he looked behind him wide-eyed as the creature approached. Frozen just for a moment, a small black hatchling hurtled onto the beasts neck, and that initiative of action was the catalyst to send Kite into motion. He leapt up, quickly climbing up the tree to a safer height before gazing down at the fight. That hatchling's brave, he thought with admiration, and winced as she was thrown off. The pained squeals from the fleeing beast gave Kite enough relief that he could make his way down the tree to the lowest branch, limbs shaking slightly.

The brave black hatchling hissed at the small orange one, and Kite frowned at this. She didn't need to say bad things to people. "She's not going to hurt you," he reminded the black hatchling carefully; she was probably on edge from her fight still. But although the orange hatchling shrank back to hide, she said she wasn't scared, and sounded it too. Kite smiled; alright, if she wasn't scared, who was he to say she was?

He leapt nimbly off the branch onto the ground. "You did awesome!" he told the black hatchling, crouching forward and wagging his tail for emphasis. "I mean, you took that creature down, just biting it like that! That was super brave."

user posted image

Lyr quickly bolted out of the crack in the rock and scrambled up the tree nearest to them. Perching on a branch and hanging upside down from it with her tail like a possum. She looked at the two with black unreadable eyes. But they had a hint of curiosity in them.

((Sorry 'bout that, just wanted to introduce her camouflage and stealthiness. wink.gif ))

user posted image

Levania smiled wryly at the confidence of the yellow pygmy. She turned to the green one and said nonchalantly, "It woke me up. What was I supposed to do?

Thanks anyway." She finished, though it didn't seem right to her. Maybe she wouldn't say it again.

Deciding to experiment, she leapt off the tree to find a secluded place where she would not be watched.

"I'll be in the forest to catch a snack." She lied to the two. She began her search very quickly. Soon, she found a sheltered clearing.

From there, she looked for a small animal. She shrouded herself in the camouflage of the bushes and grass.

Royanne-Royal Blue

Royanne walked to the front of the cave to fetch more of the berries when a furry beast leapt out in front of one of the hatchlings. For a split second she thought the hatchling was a goner, but another greenish dragon leapt onto the approaching attacker. The beast howled as the hatchling bit it,it ran back in the woods roaring. Royanne sat terrified for a second. The forest and grass didnt seem so safe now. I will have to learn to defend myself. She said calming down. She crawled cautiously through the bushes until she found more of the berries, they were of many colours, reds and blues and some were even green or purple, she picked as many as she could and put them on a piece of bark. The juices left the bark in a brilliant pattern. She brought it back to the cave and settled it in a little over-hang in the stone I think this spot looks cosy, maybe I could put that juicy stuff on the wall to show its mine! she thought imagining a display on the wall. She gave a yawn and thought again. Later, Maybe I should work on a bed, or whatever Kite was making for the eggs. She thought about it, and set off to work gathering grass and animal skins. Her little den now looked quite cosy, as she picked up some of her berries and smushed them together, she grabbed some more bark to hold the juice and began to colour-code them so that she had different colours of green, black, red and blue. I must get more of these fantastic little things! Maybe some oranges, yellows... or maybe even some pink! she thought as she dipped her paws into the blue juicy paint and then putting her paws down on a smooth rock. It left beautiful paw prints,and Royanne applauded her creativity.she marked the word ''Roy'' onto the stone too, for her name.She placed the rock at the front of her little over hang. Now they'll know its mine! she grinned at her little inspiration, yawning. She looked out at the sky, which was now beginning to look brighter. Maybe I'll take a nap till morning...she said yawning again. she got comfy, and began to think about her art, the attack, and what to do tomorrow before falling into a deep sleep.

(OOC: I don't think Moonbeam will reply with Fyria so I'll just make Lifaen do something else.)

(('S alright ^^))

((And... wow, it's been a while. I don't even remember who I was waiting for to post. o.o So, since I see no reason to wait anymore... the long overdue post from me))

user posted image~ Kite

"Okay... see ya!" he said uncertainly to the black hatchling. She was cool and brave, but also a bit aloof, Kite noticed. Maybe she didn't want friends... but oh well. After Levania left, he caught the orange hatchling hanging from the branch of the tree out of the corner of his eye, and turned to gape a bit, then grinned. "That's an awesome trick."

"Hey, do you like tree-climbing?" He wondered if she'd like to go to the very top, and then maybe they could jump off-! No, bad idea Kite, bad idea. Still, a very inviting one, despite the stupidity.

((Ya. It's been so long..))

user posted image

Lyr smiled as the green hatchling stared in awe at her climbing skils. "Thanks!" She chirped. "And... I never really tried tee-climbing until now. This is odd. I honestly don't know how I managed to get up into a tree like this." Lyr seemed to sigh a bit and she looked into Kite's eyes. He looked a bit worried about something, a shocked look on his face. "Is something wrong?" She asked.

Edited by XxDragonletxX

user posted image~ Kite

Snapped out of his slight trance by the eye contact, he smiled disparagingly at the orange hatchling and shook his head. "Nah, nothing. I'm fine." It was only a bit of a lie, and everyone would be happier. Plus, he wasn't about to say that he was thinking stupid stuff. That was make him look stupid! And gullible.

"Anyway, I climbed to the very top before, and it was a really great view!" He sighed happily, thinking of it, then continued, "I had to get down this morning, but-" an idea came to mind, and he wondered after thinking the idea through, "-...do you think we could try jumping from this tree to get to another?" He skittered up the trunk to a branch above her and looked down. "Let's see and try!"

(OoC: No one has posted for a while, so im just gonna wake Royanne up. Also where did the OoC go? cant find it.)

Royanne stirred from her slumber not too long after she had fallen asleep, she blinked and wiped her eyes. The morning sun was now peeking over the horizon. She yawned, refreshed from the quick nap. She strolled out of her little bed and looked out at the sky. Two hatchlings-one was tiny and orange, the other green- were jumping in the trees. She was bored- she wasnt tired much anymore, it was sunrise anyway. She decided to go and explore. Royanne strolled out of the cave and went to a small area of cliff. Down below was a beach, its sands tan brown. She walked down to the sand and lied down in it, watching the waves slowly rock back and forth.She wondered about how she had just hatched, with no other dragons around other than ones that had hatched before. She frowned, wondering about it, before strolling off to the other hatchlings.

Edited by OmegaGrox

((I'm sorry for the long wait))

user posted image

"Ya! Let's try that!" Lyre chirped, and climbed to the top of the tree, steadily balancing on a branch. "I'm light-weight, so I guess I can climb trees well... just like you?" She said, turning to the green hatchling. "....But not as good as you, I bet..."