Lantean_Pegasus

The 7th Birthday Red Cross/Crescent Movement

Make DC's 7th birthday a Happy Birthday for everyone !

Skimming the News post about the fantastic "7 Dragons in 7 Days" release I realized that this event isn't as much fun as it could be for members that don't have the bigger trophies yet. And the key to change that lies with the Red dragons.

Well, I also stumbled over lots of posts saying "Counted my Reds, counted my Pinks - good to go !" So - some of us have the key, others can't open the whole treasure chest. Why not help them ?!

The goal I'm working with here is "two eggs each day for everyone" (so everyone gets at least the chance to catch a CB pair on realease day).

Owners of a Golden or a Silver trophy can manage that without a single Incubate. With Bronze you need a minimum of 5, without any trophy a minimum of 10 Reds to warm your eggs. (see post below)

So this thread is for helping people with No trophy or a Bronze trophy.

The idea is that those people in need post here, with a link to their scroll.

Everyone who wants to help can then go and breed a Red egg, then post here that he is going to offer it, look who is next in line to get it (and not already offered one), and then send a PM with a one-way teleport-link to that person. It's "post first, send second" so that nobody is offered more than one egg at once while others are still waiting.

Requirements and How To Do It

People in Need:

- No trophy or Bronze trophy

- No trophy: maximum of 6 Red dragons already on scroll (eggs, hatchlings, matures)

- Bronze trophy: maximum of 3 Red dragons already on scroll (eggs, hatchlings, matures)

- you may request one egg, then you have to wait till five other people requested one before you do your next request (watch out not to exceed your limit of Reds on scroll with unfulfilled requests)

- post here, please use the form:

[COLOR=red][B]I Would Like A Red![/B][/COLOR]
Scroll Link: (SCROLL LINK HERE)
PM Link: (PM LINK HERE)

Helpful People:

- breed a Red egg

- check the thread, pick the first dragon keeper who has requested an egg and hasn't gotten an offer yet

- take a look at the thread and the chosen keeper's scroll to check the requirements mentioned above

- post here that you'll send an offer to that person, please use the "form":

[COLOR=red][B]I offered a Red![/B][/COLOR]

Receiver: [COLOR=blue](Receiver's name here.)[/COLOR]

- after posting send a PM with the link to the one-way teleport of the Red egg to said person

Maximum reaction time is 24 hours.

If the egg isn't accepted by then the offer goes to the next dragon keeper in need via the procedure above. (Donor should cancel and re-do the teleport, so the link changes.) Or the donor does whatever he/she likes with the egg. (abandoning, gifting elsewhere, you name it)

This thread is supposed to be used till May, 20th. After that everyone will be busy with the Dragon Storm, and the purpose will be obsolete.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Two eggs a day keep the sadness away !

While owners of Silver and Gold trophys can just go out there, catch two eggs every day, let them grow up once they reach "4 days left", and have enough slots for doing this through the whole event, dragon keepers with only Bronze trophies, or none at all, need a little more management - and Red dragons to do "Incubate".

No Trophy

Day 1 - catch 2 eggs, incubate both (2 eggs)

Day 2 - catch 2 eggs, incubate both (4 eggs)

Day 3 - eggs from Day1 should hatch, catch 2 eggs, incubate both (4 eggs, 2 hatchlings)

Day 4 - eggs from Day2 should hatch, catch 2 eggs, incubate both (4 eggs, 4 hatchlings)

Day 5 - eggs from Day3 should hatch, catch 2 eggs, incubate both (4 eggs, 6 hatchlings)

Day 6 - eggs from Day4 should hatch, catch 2 eggs, no more incubate necessary smile.gif , hatchlings from Day3 should grow up (4 eggs, 6+2-2=6 hatchlings)

Day 7 - eggs from Day5 should hatch, catch 2 eggs, no incubate necessary, hatchlings from Day4 should grow up (4 eggs, 6+2-2=6 hatchlings)

Red dragons needed: 10

Bronze Trophy

Attention: The one Incubate per day is always to be used on a "freshly caught" egg (around 7 days left) from that same day !!

Day 1 - catch 2 eggs, incubate one (2 eggs)

Day 2 - catch 2 eggs, incubate one (4 eggs)

Day 3 - incubated egg from Day1 should hatch, catch 2 eggs, incubate one (5 eggs, 1 hatchling)

Day 4 - non-incubated egg from Day1 and incubated egg from Day2 should hatch, catch 2 eggs, incubate one (5 eggs, 3 hatchlings)

Day 5 - non-incubated egg from Day2 and incubated egg from Day3 should hatch, catch 2 eggs, incubate one (5 eggs, 5 hatchlings)

Day 6 - non-incubated egg from Day3 and incubated egg from Day4 should hatch, catch 2 eggs, no more incubate necessary smile.gif , hatchling from Day3 should grow up (5 eggs, 5+2-1=6 hatchlings)

Day 7 - non-incubated egg from Day4 and incubated egg from Day5 should hatch, catch 2 eggs, no incubate necessary, hatchlings from Day4 should grow up (5 eggs, 5+2-2=5 hatchlings)

Red dragons needed: 5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course the owner of a Bronze trophy could manage to get a few more eggs during the 7 days if he had more than 5 Reds. But this thread is only here to help people who haven't enough to reach the "minimum" of two-a-day.

Myself I have 7 pairs of Reds I can breed for this. I hope each of them will give me an egg, but you know how dragons are...

So - if you have Reds to spare, please help with the mission !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The DC Red Cross/Halfmoon members

meaning: The Donors

Ponystar17

Honigdieb

velvet_paw

Hello! The link to my scroll is in my signature. Good thread! smile.gif

Thankyou!

What I suggest is a/some form/s that goes like this:

[COLOR=red][B]I Would Like A Red![/B][/COLOR]
Scroll Link: (SCROLL LINK HERE)
PM Link: (PM LINK HERE)
Code: (Some code to show that they have read the rules.)

[COLOR=red][B]I Have Received/Accepted A Red![/B][/COLOR]
Gifter: (Gifter's name here.)

[COLOR=red][B]I Have Offered A Red![/B][/COLOR]
Receiver: (Receiver's name here.)
Accepted?: (Yes/No)

Or just the first form, it is up to you because it is your thread. Anyway, great idea! smile.gif

Edited by Lamp

Offered to herobrine.

Free red egg as herobrine already got theirs!

Edited by Honigdieb

Will accept from Ponystar17, they offered first and I have 2 reds already.

@Lamp:

Great idea, I used the forms, thank you very much !!

@herobrine745:

Thank you for being so honest !

That's why I wrote "post first, offer later"... wink.gif

@Ponystar17, Honigdieb:

The first donors, thank you so much !!

@Lamp:

Great idea, I used the forms, thank you very much !!

@herobrine745:

Thank you for being so honest !

That's why I wrote "post first, offer later"... wink.gif

@Ponystar17, Honigdieb:

The first donors, thank you so much !!

Honigdieb - would you please offer to Lamp ? (She was first on the waiting list anyway.)

You're warmly welcome Lantean_Pegasus!

I did my best at the codes. biggrin.gif

@herobrine745: That's a good idea. smile.gif

Edited by Lamp

@herobrine745:

As much as I love your enthusiasm, I'd prefer if the donors waited for reqests. Only that way we can be sure that the Reds go to people who need them most (and not to someone with 10 of them who'd like an 11th).

@topic:

I'm still working out the details, so I'll take some hours or a day to see how demand and help are coming in, and if I get the impression that there need to be adjustments I'll make them as best as I can.

I offered a Red!

Receiver: Lamp

I offered a Red!

Receiver: Lamp

Offer accepted! Thankyou very much! biggrin.gif

Great idea! I'm willing to breed reds for those who need them

I offered a Red! (aYLvQ)

Receiver: (Sephiria7.)

Accepted?: (Yes/No)( 4hrs to wait for a hatchie to grow)

Edited by velvet_paw

Hi!

I have a small army of red dragons, would it be okay to have users PM me/ other kind people for an egg? I kind of feel that I'm easily accessible if someone PM'd me for an egg ^^;

Edited by XiaoChibi

@velvet_paw:

Great ! Thank you for your help !

@XiaoChibi:

Well, of course users could PM you about Reds if you'd like/prefer that. That's between you and them, and I'm sure many would be glad for the help. smile.gif This thread is just here to offer a procedure where anyone in need can ask for a Red, and anyone who has one to spare can send it, to give a more open, general platform for exchange. (And keep PM boxes from exploding...)

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

This seems to be a duplicate of two existing projects we already have. As such it will be closed.

The (trophy) requirements are similar to that of Newbie Gifting http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=120519 , and you can request a Red in BSA Gifting http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=121379

Edited by rubyshoes