Sweet_Wyvern

Ready, Fire, Aim!

Bruce shifted a bit in his sleep, his arm wrapped around Tony's middle, and after a few moments he began to wake up completely. He blinked and smiled lazily, head resting on the engineer's shoulder. "Morning," he murmured, just as he did every morning since he regained his memories. Well, ever since the nightmares stopped, anyway.

Tony shifted slightly, smiling at the sound of Bruce's voice in his ear, drunk with sleep. "Morning," he replied warmly, bringing his hand up to cover the one draped over his waist. Tilting his head, he pressed a small kiss to his lips. He'd missed being able to do that. In fact, the return of Bruce's memories had greatly aided his recovery.

Bruce sighed contently and snuggled closer into Tony's side. "Why are you up so early?" he asked, eyes roaming toward the open window. They'd been sleeping in more and more ever since Tony's recovery. Not that he minded. He'd rather Tony get better than work in the lab every hour of the day.

"Oh, y'know. Once an insomniac, always an insomniac. Or something like that," Tony replied, rolling over so that they faced each other. Bruce was, for lack of a better word, cute when he was all drowsy. "Doesn't mean we hafta get up," he admonished, hugging him close.

Bruce hummed in acknowledgement, a pleased smile twitching his lips as Tony pressed them closer. "Yeah, but I sorta felt like goin' out today. To go shopping or something. Get out of the tower," he mumbled. They hadn't been out much during Tony's recovery, and he was starting to get a little stir crazy. Besides, he thought Tony was well enough to handle it. "My birthday's comin' up this week, y'know," he added with a small smirk. Not that he really wanted anything other than a nice day with his husband.

"That's fine," Tony agreed, simultaneously tucking his face into the man's neck. He may have been up early, but now that his snuggle bear was awake, he didn't feel like getting up. "How could I forget?" He admonished with a smile, pressing small, distracting kisses to his neck. He was still a little overly affectionate and had a few issues with chaos (lots of loud noises, lots of abrupt motion) but other than that was all better.

Bruce whined softly at the sensation of Tony's lips brushing his neck, and he made feeble attempts to shove the engineer away. Tony knew how much that flustered him. The physicist raised a hand and placed it on the side of Tony's head, calloused fingers carding through his husband's hair. "You're not fair," he accused, not really all that upset.

Tony kept at it with a silly grin, only to stop when there were fingers in his hair. "Touche," he sighed with a hum, leaning into the touch. He absolutely loved it when Bruce touched his hair, head, whatever. That existed before the whole break down thing.

Bruce tilted his head to place an affectionate peck to Tony's temple, and he grinned widely, before he slowly sat up and stretched his arms over his head, lips formed into a silent yawn. "Come on, let's grab some breakfast. I'm starving," he voiced, slightly reluctant to get out of bed when he was so comfortable.

Tony huffed in complaint as the hand left his hair. Manipulating him like that, who'd have thought? "You're lucky I'm hungry," he grumbled, rolling out of bed and only just catching himself before he could hit the floor. He stood, reclaiming his coffee me taking a long pull before offering it to his drowsy husband.

Bruce smirked in amusement and happily took the offered mug for himself, taking a tentative sip, then a greedier pull once it had cooled some. He blinked the remaining sleep from his eyes and began to rummage around in the kitchen for something to eat. "What do you feel like this morning? Eggs and bacon?"

"That sounds awesome," Tony agreed absently, sitting on a barstool an resting his chin on his arms to watch Bruce. "By the way, pepper wants to know if you want to go shopping in a couple days. Wednesday I think. She said she could use your advice on something," he informed him.

Bruce quirked a brow and looked up over his glasses, clearly confused. "Pepper wants my advice? This clearly isn't about fashion of any sort, so what exactly is she looking to buy?" he inquired, amusement in his tone.

Tony made an exaggerated shrug of his shoulders. "You're just as surprised as I was. She wouldn't tell me. Sort of. She said, and I quote, "The last time I took you shopping, you ended up making an Applestore Genius cry. And we weren't even shopping for apple products!" So yeah, she wouldn't tell me," Tony grumped.

Bruce chuckled softly and began to prepare their breakfast. "I can imagine that conversation perfectly," he muttered, just loud enough for Tony to hear over the sizzling of the bacon. "I guess I'll be going shopping, then," he added after a moment.

Tony stuck his tongue out at Bruce's back. "Yes well, when you get to talking about cute boys, I hope my name comes up," he joked with a smirk, stretching his arms over his head. "I think I'll just hang out with Capsicle, get back in shape. I mean, I know I'm always sexy, but is there really a limit as to how sexy I can be?"

"Well you can certainly do your best to hit that limit. Up to you of course. Just know that I won't becomplaining either way," Bruce mused with a smirk, glancing over his shoulder to gi r Tony a once over. He liked Tony just the way he was, although he had gotten rather soft these past few months. Both of them have. "Maybe I should pick up running again. S'good cardio."

"Oh god running. I'm sorry but that was never my strong suit, so that won't be happening," Tony snorted. He got up to refill his coffee mug, glancing over at his husband as he waited for it to finish brewing. "So, do we have anything on the agenda today? You were always better with schedules than I am."

"I just have lots of practice, is all," Bruce shrugged, his tone becoming a bit more sober. He shook it off, though, and considered Tony's question for a moment. "We can just do some shopping, visit the museum, something like that. Just a change of scenery. Then we have the rest of the day to do whatever here."

Tony didn't miss the souring of Bruce's thoughts, but he decided not to dwell on it and pushed forward. "That sounds like fun. It's been ages since I last went to the museum- I think I own part of it, I'm not sure. Pepper would know."

Bruce rolled his eyes and scoffed quietly to himself. That wouldn't surprise him at all, considering who it was. Maybe he would ask Pepper later about that. "Well then we'll have to visit the Stark Wing, won't we? See what it has to offer. Hopefully it's more than just Iron Man memorabilia," he teased.

"Hey, now that's art," Tony protested, pointing his mug at Bruce before taking a large pull because coffee trumps all arguments. "But yeah, should be fun. We'll make a day of it." His gaze fell on the meal his husband was cooking. It was hard to beat Bruce's bacon and he was hungry..

Bruce's eyes followed Tony's to the frying pan, and he sighed, grin on his lips, and he flipped a few pieces onto a plate to hand to him. "There, you're so impatient. And I shouldn't have to tell you, but don't burn yourself, okay?"

"Technically I didn't even say anything, so I think you're just misinterpreting my looks, because I was just wondering when we got that pan, that's all," Tony rambled, and stayed his hand before he could grab the bacon. Right, he knew it was hot. "I know," he insisted, carefully taking a bite.

"Mhmm, sure you were," Bruce muttered, already turning his attention back to the pan as he placed a few more strips on, turkey this time, for himself. "I know you too well. Don't even need to hear you say it," he added with a smug tilt of his lips.