Sweet_Wyvern

Ready, Fire, Aim!

A broken sob rose to his throat and Bruce knelt down, his face mere inches from Tony's as he spoke, eyes pleading, imploring as he searching for answers in Tony's delirious features. His head snapped up at the suggestion, and his world stopped for half a moment, only to be filled with more confusion. "Wedding gift? W-Who's Loki...? I don't..." He didn't remember any of this.

Tony was limp beneath him, falling unconscious as the foreign blood attacked his system and pulled him under. Loki is a god who attempted to take over the planet, but that is not important now. He came to your wedding and bestowed upon the pair of you two golden apples, with the ability to heal any wound. There is one stowed in the top desk drawer in the lab- I advise you to hurry. Sir is running out of time.

The scientist paused for a fraction of a second in consideration, before he rose and forced the doors open, deciding that the elevator itself would be far too slow. He sprinted down the hall and entered the staircase, taking them three at a time down to the lab. He located the drawer and fumbled it open, procuring the curiously intact apple (considering it was months old), and made his way back. The elevator was already waiting for him by the time he had returned (thank you, JARVIS), and he knelt down beside Tony unsure of what to do. "Do I...just shove a piece down his throat?" he stammered uncertainly, his heart fluttering like a hummingbird against his ribs.

Despite the severity of the situation, Jarvis was amused by his next suggestion. Irony was often present at the worst times. I believe that would kill him, as he would choke. May I suggest you.. For lack of a better explanation, transfer it from your own mouth to his? He will not be able to chew for himself. He also had doubts about the reactor, but if the EXTREMIS couldn't fix it, then certainly the apple couldn't?

It took a moment for Bruce to process that bit of information, and he blanched, eyes shifting between the apple resting in his hand and Tony's mouth. Uh, how about no. He...he had a better idea. He closed his eyes and began to concentrate, focusing on the rapid thumping of his heart in his chest. He needed Hulk right now, or at least a small bit of him. It wasn't too difficult, considering just how emotionally and physically unstable he was currently, and green began to bleed into his skin and into his irises, just enough for him to crush the golden fruit in his hands and feed it to the billionaire, all the while praying that this would work.

(Aw you suck xd.png )

At first nothing happened, the lump of crushed apple sitting uselessly in his mouth. However, his tongue twitched out of instinct almost, the golden fruit sliding down his throat. Gold began to shimmer over his form, though the injury was internal, burning away the deadly blood and fixing imperfections as it raced through his body. The arc reactor and the shrapnel in his chest proved interesting, though the body parts could not heal around the pieces of metal, so ultimately it was unaffected. All at once Tony's eyes fluttered open and he took a breath, panting as he looked about wildly. His gaze settled on Bruce and he smiled. "Guess I made it to heaven," he mumbled before passing out again. I am reading significantly better vitals sir, though his brain waves are still eratic.

(I. Could. Not. Write. Bruce. Momma-Birding. That. Apple. Into. Tony's. Mouth.)

"No kidding," Bruce murmured, voice deepened slightly from the half change. He screwed his eyes closed and breathed, forcing away the conflicting personality that threatened to consume him. After a few long moments, he sagged in relief against the wall of the elevator, and he moped blearily at his bloodied face, wincing as sharp pain radiated from his nose when he touched it. He needed a hospital. "JARVIS, call a SHIELD hazmat team and have them contain this, please, and take us up to the medical wing." He was...he'd made a decision, and he was going to stick to it, no matter how much it hurt him.

Certainly sir, Jarvis replied, moving the elevator along for them. He was extremely worried for his creator and Bruce. As the doors slid open, there was a team of men in suits, as well as a medical squad with a stretcher. "What happened?" The doctor in charge asked, the group already shifting to lift the unconscious man.

Bruce watched as they moved Tony onto the stretcher, his throat tightening and thereby making it all the more difficult to speak. He realized how this must've looked: him covered in blood, nose swollen, crooked, and bruised, blood smearing the walls of the elevator and covering Tony's lips. He swallowed and looked down to his feet. "H-he...he tried to k-kill himself. I stabilized him for the most part. Put him in restraints and under watch, please, and quarantine him until you get the rest of that blood off. It's...t-toxic." He quickly slipped out of the cramped space, eyes stinging and chest constricting painfully. He needed air.

The doctor began scribbling on a note pad, glancing back at the billionaire. Okay, they had a battered scientist and an insane engineer. Nothing they couldn't handle. "We'll take care of it. If you come with us, we can get you checked as well. You could stay with him," he offered.

Bruce quickly shook his head and wrapped his arms around himself, his shoulders trembling slightly. "No, fix my face, but I can't stay with him right now," he muttered, his back to the engineer. He didn't think he'd be able to look at him without breaking down.

Well, that answered that question. Clearly the two were having some issues that the doctor didn't want to delve into. He was in no way a psychologist or anything of the sort. Bruce also looked like he was going to be mean and green in a second, so there was that too. "Alright, just come with us and we'll get you fixed up," he agreed, "and we'll monitor Mr. Stark's situation to let you know if something happens."

(Skip to when he wakes up? Or later?)

(But then what is there to Rp? They wouldn't let Tony out of bed and Bruce wouldn't be coming down voluntarily)

(:/ Well Tony could demand to be released and then they could call Bruce in there to explain things to him. Or Steve. Bruce would not be handling things well at all. Besides, I think that I want to age him up a bit while he's asleep.)

(Alright. The apple wouldn't have fixed his mental issues, so..)

Tony began to stir at long last. He felt warm, but slightly claustrophobic, and that definitely not okay. The deranged man opened his eyes and tried to moved, only to find that his limbs had been fettered to the bed like a deer on the hood of a car. He struggled against them, laughing as the most it got him was rug burn on his wrists. Silly him. "Alright fine, I guess I'll stay in bed," he remarked to no one.

"Doctor Banner, Mr. Stark is awake." Bruce glanced up from the hospital bed he lie on, and he sighed heavily. He closed his eyes and nodded in acknowledgement, before slowly stepping down, his shoes hitting the frigid tiles with an audible thud, and he wandered into the room from down the hall. He looked a wreck, his nose bandaged, dressed baggy scrubs (his clothes had to be incinerated because of the sheer amount of blood that stained them), and his hair unruly. He didn't say anything, but merely studied Tony sadly from the foot of his bed.

(Ugh, forgive my mistakes, autocorrect hates me with a passion)

Tony didn't notice Bruce at first, tapping out some sort of rhythm on the plastic of the bed and nodding his head in time with the beat. When he opened his eyes again. They alighted on the man watching over him. "Oh hey! There you are! I was beginning to wonder when I'd see you again, cause I saw you earlier but then you sort of burst into flame so I don't think that was real," he chattered, because even as a nutcase he still talked incessantly. "Hey, y'know, you should join me, I was just tapping out Shoot to Thrill in morse code but I'm a little stuck on the third chorus.." He trailed off and resumed tapping.

Bruce swallowed in an attempt to dispel the thickness of his throat, eyes glistening with sadness and self-loathing. He had broken Tony, he was sure of it. Whatever had happened that he couldn't remember...it had to have made Tony snap. There was just no other explanation. "Tony...you need help," he murmured, voice hitching a bit as he finished.

Tony rolled his eyes and gave Bruce a pointed look. "Yeah, I just said that. I need help, because I think its this-" he paused briefly to tap out a staccato of beats and dashes "- but that doesn't feel right." He looked up and saw that Bruce was starting to cry. "Hey now, don't cry, father wouldn't like it and you know how he is," he said gently, thinking of his own father. He always had to be on his best behavior.

"Yeah, I know exactly how dad is," Bruce agreed in a small voice. What else could he do but play alog with a broken man's fantacies? He just didn't know how he was supposed to help. "I'm sorry, I just can't seem to help it." He wiped stubbornly away at his eyes, refusing to cry. "It's hard to see my best friend hurt." Only Tony was so much more than that.

Nodding sagely, Tony attempted to hug him and found that he was unsurprisingly tied to the bed. When had that happened? "Well, I'd hug you, but I think the bed is trying to eat me, sooooo..." He pulled against the restraints again. Those puppies were definitely not letting go.

A small, wry chuckle rose to the doctor's lips, and he shook his head, his arms folded protectively over his chest. Tony was so far gone. "S'okay. At least this way I know you're safe," he murmured. Bruce was mostly talking to himself, considerimg that Tony most likely had no idea what he was saying, but he needed some form of outlet, and at least this way he could pretend to still have Tony here with him.

"Safe," Tony repeated, giving up and closing his eyes as he exhaled slowly. Well, nothing was going to get him here. Except maybe the bed... Opening his eyes again, he smiled and managed to turn his foot just so, enough to nudge Bruce's leg. Aha! Success. "Are we in a hospital? Or better yet, a hospital drama? I mean, I'm all for television but I don't like hospitals.."

"Yeah, we're in Medical right now. Not exactly a hospital, but close enough to one. It's just your staff and SHIELD here, though. Nobody to worry about," Bruce assured with small smile, hoping to put the engineer at ease. "No TV land for us, I'm afraid. All of this is as real as it's going to get."