Sweet_Wyvern

Ready, Fire, Aim!

"Give me about an hour. I'm going to jog back to my apartment and shower first, okay? And don't worry about it. Try that Indian food or something. You know how much he likes that authentic spicy stuff," the soldier suggested, before he hung up and began to make his way back home.

Bruce was relieved when the silence between them finally broken, because although it wasn't awkward, he found it much easier to talk with Pepper, and not doing so seemed strange, especially when such a heavy topic burdened the air between them. He climbed out of the car and waited for Happy to open the door for Pepper.

Whew, okay. Indian food. He could do this.. what about that shwarma recipe? Yeah! Bruce had totally liked that one. He paused before sighing and searching the internet for it in his mind, getting out things he would need. Everything had to be perfect.

Pepper and Happy exchanged a few words before the woman turned back to Bruce with a smile. "Alright, let's head in. I need a couch, maybe a few dressers. Think you can handle it?" She asked with a wry look.

Steve arrived exactly on time, just as promised, and he grinned as he approached the engineer, eyes scanning over the various ingredients scattered about the room. "Alright, I'm here. You ready to get started?" he questioned with a warm grin.

Bruce nodded and mirrored Pepper's smile. "I think I can handle a mundane task like this well enough, although I can't give you any promises. I'll certainly do my best, though."

Tony turned and raked a hand through his hair. "Yeah, think so. I ordered some icing and stuff that got here just before you did, got some chicken for the shwarma.. I think everything I already had," he answered.

Chuckling at Bruce's response, Pepper led the way inside the store. She definitely couldn't have taken Tony with her for this. "Well on that note, let's look around. The walls are beige, I wouldn't mind some color but not too extravagant."

(Yeah, we can skip to them coming home. It was intended to be a private dinner btw)