Sweet_Wyvern

Ready, Fire, Aim!

((it's fine, I was watching the DW finale anyway))

Bruce looked at him, confused. "Really? He listened to you? And he understood?" he asked in disbelief. He supposed he should be grateful and relieved that things had gone according to plan (which he was), but that didn't mean it made the idea of the Other Guy listening to anyone any easier to grasp.

"Yup, he sure did. He wanted to smash people at first, but I explained to him that normal people aren't dangerous. I told him soldiers were bad and people were good, and he shouldn't smash people who don't hurt him," Tony explained with a grin, squeezing Bruce's shoulder. "People are like 'Tin Man', they don't hurt Hulk," he said in his manner.

Bruce raised a brow at Tony's little impression, smile on his face. Relief washed over him knowing that everything went to plan, knowing that this whole thing might actually work, that he might actually get to live a semi-normal life and not have to worry about Ross anymore. He glanced tiredly at Tony. "Well, if all soldiers are bad, then I'd hate to see how the Other Guy reacts to Cap when we get back..." he joked.

Tony grinned broadly, snorting and draping a hand over his eyes. "Well, ol' Capsicle probably deserves it. He needs someone to knock some fun into him anyway," he replied, patting his leg. "You should get some rest. You look tired."

"Yeah..." he agreed, his body already ahead of himself, relaxing into the thin mattress, and closing its heavy lids. He drifted off into a somewhat restful sleep filled with the sounds of bellowing laughter and repulsor blasts.

Edited by lord-of-the-nerds-and-fandoms

Tony watched him, smiling slightly before he stood and stretched. Well, maybe he'd jog to relieve some tension in his side. putting on a hoodie and using it to cover his head, he stepped outside and set a light pace for a jog around the woods.

((whooosh))

It wasn't but a few hours later that Bruce woke again, probably around eleven based on the shadows he could see through the window. He blinked the grogginess from his eyes, suppressing a yawn. He still felt like someone had hit him with with a truck, but he did feel a little better than he did last time he was awake. Bruce thought it better than to try and stand this time, and instead propped his back up against the wall and looked around for Tony.

A few minutes after Bruce woke up, Tony wandered into the room, his hair wet from a shower. Well, it was more of a tiny closet with a hose, but whatever. "Hey, Sleeping Beauty. Nice to see you joined the land of the living again," he chuckled, sitting in a chair. He felt refreshed, if not a little humid, but the shower helped. "You hungry? We have ramen.. with a side of ramen," he said with a shrug; they couldn't carry much food with them and Tony couldn't cook to save his life. The waffle incident.. he shuddered.

"Starving," Bruce replied, "and Ramen sounds great." One thing that he'd been worried about when Tony had suggested the idea of releasing the Other Guy, was that doing so made him so famished afterword, which would really cut down on their minimal food supply. But right now he was too hungry to care about conserving food, and instead he ate three helpings of the steaming noodles that Tony made. It still wasn't enough to fully quench his appetite, but he took what he could get, and it was enough for him to get on with the rest of the day. He'd definitely been hungrier before...

"Sorry we don't have very much. The nearest town is like, fifteen miles, and I could fly, but that would be way too obvious. And I'd be spotted instantly," Tony apologized, drumming his fingers on the counter. So far so good- Hulk hadn't killed anyone, Ross hadn't found them, and he hadn't had an anxiety attack. He was still a bit nervous about sleeping though, and tried to avoid it at all costs. He had been hoping the doctor wouldn't notice.

"Hey, it takes a lot to fill me up after a transformation; this is more than I could ask for," Bruce shrugged. He set down his empty bowl and looked at Tony. It looked like Tony hadn't slept for awhile, but he figured it was because he was trying to take care of him (which he found somewhat comforting, since Tony usually had trouble taking care of himself, much less anyone else). "So what's out next move?" he wondered aloud.

"Well," Tony began, crossing his arms, "I want to let the Hulk out a few more times, gain his trust, you know? I know he already trusts me, but if we can solidly ingrain I'm his mind not to smash people or in public, I think we would do well. Of course, you need a few days more rest before letting him out again. Once that's done, I think we should try and test him around people. Not a big crowd, but, y'know. This is gonna sound horrible, but I'm sure we could pay like two people to just sit still so Hulk can see them. These people out here don't have much money.. I mean, we have to do something to get him used to civilians," he elaborated, starting to ramble as usual.

Bruce's eyes grew wide in alarm. Was he seriously suggesting exploiting poor, starving people to stand near a big green rage monster to see if he didn't...rage? "Are you serious?" he asked. He knew that they needed to get the Other Guy on the public's good side, but this? There had to be another way than this, but his mind wasn't churning up any brilliant ideas, so he continued to stare at Tony like they were both crazy.

"What else can we do? Drop him in the capital city and see how well THAT turns out?" Tony scoffed, crossing his arms. They didn't have many ideas or options. "I mean, if its a small group I people.. What else can we do?" He repeated, throwing his hands up.

Bruce sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He didn't want to fight or upset Tony. "Okay, I see your point," he agreed, putting his hands defensively in the air. "Let's just...try and take things slow. We can't do this until we're absolutely sure that nothing will happen." He compromised. Bruce hated this idea, but like Tony said, they didn't have any other viable options, so they would just have to try and hope things work out for the best.

Tony felt guilty for shouting, but he couldn't take it back. "What if we have him interact with me a few times outside the suit? He'll learn to be gentle, then," he suggested, scratching his head. Lack of sleep made him slightly irritable, if not talktative.

"Yeah, that sounds good," Bruce agreed. At least then, maybe the Other Guy would have some idea of how to interact with people. He could tell how tired Tony was. "Hey, why don't you get some rest? I've gotten enough, and I think I can manage to entertain myself for a few hours," he offered.

((Do you want to time skip through the next couple of transformations until Tony and Hulk are together outside the suit? It might be a bit repetitive until we get there, and Bruce will pretty much be walking around, feeling tired for the next few days. If not, that's fine.))

((Yeah we can timeskip, though Tony's not going to get much more rest. Fitful bouts maybe))

Tony wasn't nervous. He was tired, on the verge of passing out, but not nervous. Definitely not afraid. "Alright Brucey, you know the drill. He won't hurt me, I promise," he said, holding up his hands. He was out of the suit, garbed in jeans and a t-shirt for this experiment. Time to test the Hulk around people.

Bruce nodded, closing his eyes and trying to fight down the nervous knot in his stomach. Everything would be fine. The Other Guy supposedly did great the last few times with Tony... he thought to himself. The transformation was getting easier and easier for him to control, what with all the practice he'd had, and the Other Guy had almost completely stopped fighting him for control.

It only took a moment, and the Other Guy stood in Bruce's place. He stooped himself over to get a better look at the form below, a bit confused at not seeing the usual red and gold figure. "Where Tin Man?" he asked, not in anger, but with uneasiness at not seeing his companion there with him.

Tony knew that this could be dangerous and stayed where he was, holding up his hands. "Hey buddy, it's me. Tin Man. I'm just not wearing my uh, big metal suit," he greeted, giving a little wave. Thinking he might recognize the light, Tony held up his shirt to display the reactor. "See? It's still tin man big guy."

The Hulk squinted, his large brow stitching together in confusion. He looked familiar, having seen his face multiple times before, and when he showed him the bright blue light from the arc reactor, he believed him. He still didn't understand why he didn't look the same, but he didn't focus on it too much, instead he inched closer, a huge grin on his face. "Smash?!" he asked hopefully, ready to play like they so often did together.