vallay111

♥ єℓριѕ ~ тнє ρℓαиєт σf нσρє. ♥ {Always Accepting}

Should people be able to make their own species?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

user posted image

Nitori

Ic;; The female hatchling flicked her ears as she heard a voice. Startled Nitori leaped backwards, but screwed up her landing and tumbled into the water with a loud splash! Flailing her paws around, the haunted heartbeat dracling squeaked as she pawed the mud that was beneath her talons, before dragging herself out of the water, shivering. Glancing around, Nitori spotted a brown and blue striped hatchling bounding its way over to them. Her eyes narrowed, for her vision was blurred with water. Shaking her body, water flying everywhere, she finally stopped and swayed back and forth dizzy-like. Once the water from out from her eyes she replied with a hoarse voice from sucking in some of the water, "H-i."

Edited by vallay111

user posted image

The hatchling watched as the sea-green one fell into the water and climbed out.

"A-are you okay? Didn't mean to sc-scare you..." She felt awkward. Another question popped into her mind and she wasn't entirely sure what it meant but she asked the other hatchlings anyway.

"Wh-what are your names? she asked.

~~~

user posted image

The Guardian hatchling headbutted the shell of his egg again. "Just one more..." He headbutted the egg again and this time he tumbled out. He rolled over and looked up. Wow...he was at the bottom of some sort of tall...rock. With bright orange slow-moving liquid at the top? "A volcano." He looked around. He saw the shattered remains of another egg, a blue one, not far off. "Another hatchling. Interesting. So I'm not alone," he thought. "I need a name. What's a name? Oh, it's...something others call you by," he realised. So what was his name? Perhaps he could be called Rock. After all, he did hatch on rock. But maybe not so short...

"That's it! Rale Rock!" he said aloud. He didn't know where the Rale part came from but he sure liked his new name. He went over to the other broken egg and sniffed it. Ah, he could pick up a faint scent. He followed it, with his nose to the ground.

He'd been in the forest for quite a while now. Was he lost? He had lost the scent two minutes ago. He heard the sound of chittering and something ran past. It was a rat! His gut instinct told him to chase it. So he chased it. Upon reaching it, he pounced on it and bit hard on its neck, killing it. He looked at the dead rat. Okay, so now he had killed the rat. What was next? Eat it? He cautiously took a tiny bite out of the rat's back. He licked his lips. It tasted good! The fur tickled a bit but the meat was glorious! He devoured the entire thing, though he spat out the bones. They were too hard for him to chew just yet. After filling his stomach, he looked around. Now which way was out of this forest? Aha! There was a spot of light. He ran towards it and jumped out of the bushes.

He wasn't exactly out of the forest, but there was a pond with lotus plants and...other dragons? One smelt familiar. Oh, that was the one who hatched out of the blue egg. He bounded over to them.

"Hi, I'm Rale Rock! Who are you guys?" Rale Rock was surprised that he could speak smoothly without a stammer or stutter.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Nitori

Ic;; The Haunted Heartbeat dracling flicked her ears at the energetic other hatchling, "I'm ffffii-nnnee. M-my nammmm-names Nit-Nitori" I'm fine my names Nitori. She frowned slightly at how much she sounded retarded because of her slurred voice. A rustle in the bushes made her jump yet again, but this time not into the water. Jerking her head to the noise, Nitori spotted yet another hatchling, this one having no problem with pronouncing words. Shuffling her paws she eyed the Dark blue-colored hatchling before muttering, embarrassed of her own voice as she repeated her name. Straightening up, Nitori turned her head just as her stomach started rumbling again hungrily. Frowning she looked at Rale Rock and... the one hatchling here she didn't really know their name. "I'm so-sorry, whaa-whats your naaam-name agga-again?" I'm sorry whats your name again? She asked the brown and blue striped hatchling.

user posted image

Aurasi was so absorbed in trying to get to a fruit that she didn't notice the two other hatchlings that had suddenly appeared. With a gasp, she tumbled to the ground in a heap of ash grey and bright turquoise scales. She coughed, clearing her voice before she spoke. Here we go again, Aurasi thought. "M-Mmy na-name is Aurasi!" Despite the fact that her voice was so rough that the others may not have understood her, she continued. "Hi R-Rale Rock-k!" Aurasi turned to the Whiptail, beaming joyfully. "W-Wha-What's your n-name? A-Also...where a-are w-w-we?" While she waited for a reponse, Aurasi reached out for a small lotus bud, nibbling delicately on a tiny, fragrant, pale petal. Mmm, pretty good. She quickly snatched another flower, causing ripples to resonate gracefully through the pool of dark blue water.

user posted image

The Whiptail hatchling cocked her head. A name? She'd never thought of having a name before.

"M-myy name isss...Energy Twinkle? ...I think so..." Energy Twinkle was having a little difficulty saying words, just like Nitori, but nothing too major. She looked at Aurasi and ran over to her quickly. She looked around Aurasi.

"Why iss yur bo-dyy like a sssnake?" she asked. She didn't even know what a snake was and she noticed that she tended to drag her "S"s.

~~~

user posted image

Rale Rock listened as Nitori and Energy Twinkle introduced themselves.

"Nitori. Energy Twinkle. Aurasi. Okay. I'm not exactly sure where we are but I feel strange about this place. I just do." He wondered why they talked with their voices slurred and had difficulty pronouncing words but brushed it off because, well, they only just hatched anyway.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((Ooc;; Banshee --> http://dreamworlds.ru/uploads/posts/2010-0..._800px-seze.jpg Na'vis are about 9 feet and 8 inches tall, and Banshees are bigger than they are so they are pretty big.))

user posted image

Nitori

Ic;; The young Haunted Heartbeat narrowed her eyes, a strange feeling tickled her insides as she listened to Rale Rock's steady clear voice. Was this... jealousy? Makes sense, he's speaking as if he's been doing it for seasons! Frowning, Nitori turned away, just as she caught the brown and blue-striped hatchlings name. Energy Twinkle? Very strange names She thought as she stumbled over to a lotus-flower that was close to the edge. Reaching out with a talon, Nitori tried to balance herself by wrapping her tail around a tree-root as she gently pawed the delicate flower over to herself before eating it hungrily. Once she was finished, Nitori wandered off a little from the group of three near some bushes and plopped herself down, taking a good look at her surroundings. A movement above caught her wandering gaze, and craned her head behind her while looking up. A creature flew above, circling until she made a movement to get up. In an instant the dragon-looking creature dived down at her. A squeak came from her maw as she scrambled up and quickly began making her way back to the others. The creature gave a screech as it missed its prey and began back-winging as it landed, giving a hiss, exposing it rows of sharp jagged teeth. Banshee! She thought, panicking as she stumbled again before tripping over her own feet while almost to the group of hatchlings. "Ban-Banshee!" She shrieked, lashing her tail around wildly as she tried to get up.

Edited by vallay111

user posted image

Energy Twinkle let out a fearful squeak when she saw the monster. Then she hissed. If that was a Banshee, she didn't like it! By instinct, she ran towards it and swung her tail at it.

~~~

user posted image

Rale watched as Nitori came running back with a...Banshee?...behind her. He growled and surprised himself. The Banshee sure was a huge creature. However, before he could do anything, Energy Twinkle came running towards it and swung her tail at it. Rale Rock blinked. He moved in front of Nitory and Aurasi because his gut instinct told him to.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Nitori

Ic;; As Nitori clumsily scrambled to her paws, she felt something rush past her. Glancing up she spotted Energy Twinkle race by and then the bulk of Rale Rock in front of her. The banshee gave another hiss and flapped its immense wings, sending powerful beats of air at its little attacker. Clicking its tongue against its teeth the creature lunged at the brown and blue striped hatchling before back winging and swiping its talons at the small dracling, attempting to snatch it or injure it.

user posted image

Energy had swung her tail a little too hard and she'd rolled over. Before she could get up, the Banshee had swiped its talons at her. She didn't feel anything at first. Then, she felt a searing pain across her stomach. Instead of retreating, Energy just got back onto her paws. She hissed and lunged for the Banshee, ignoring Rale Rock's yells for her to return. She wasn't going to back down!

~~~

user posted image

Rale Rock watched in horror as the Whiptail just lunged for the Banshee. It was like, what, twenty times her size!

"Get back here! You could get hurt!" he called. Too late, she'd jumped even though Rale had seen the Banshee swipe at her. Get your tail ready, his gut instinct told him. But what for? He swung his tail forward and looked at it. His tail had some weird-looking shield thingy at the end. It looked heavy. He lifted his tail. Wrong. It wasn't heavy. He knocked it. It was light but it felt strong. Was he supposed to use it as a shield? He shook his head. He couldn't get distracted at a time like this. He looked at the Banshee. How could he send it off? Maybe if he threw something at the eye? It looked like the only weak spot it had. He looked around for something to throw. A pebble, perhaps? It was small but he bet that it would hurt if someone threw one at your eye. While the Banshee was distracted by Energy, he picked up the pebble, aimed carefully, and threw it at the eye with all his might.

user posted image

Nitori

Ic;; The banshee, even though it was occupied by its little attacker, had its primary eyes set on the brown and blue-striped attacker and the second pair focused elsewhere, until it caught sight of a small projectile. With a grunt, the sides of the banshee heaved, expelling air as it again back-winged, but was too late and the rather small object hit the sensitive smaller eyeball, and a high-pitched shriek escaped its large maw. Instead of leaving, it swiped its tail at the hatchling below it, trying to make it loose its balance so it could snatch it, but if not then it'd leave.

The little hatchling peaked out from behind Rale Rock, fixing her violet eyes on the largish paw-printed thing at the end of his tail. Even though she was jealous of his perfect pronunciation, he did seem to be a reliable... friend? Yes..., friend. A low haunting sound reverberated inside of her chest. It sounded like a heartbeat, from which her species was named from. The beat slowly got a tad bit louder, as it began to match Rale Rocks's own heartbeat.

user posted image

Energy missed again as the Banshee took to the air. She hissed but her eyes widened at the oncoming tail. She rolled over and the tail swung by barely inches from her face. She quickly got back onto her paws and gave the Banshee a jeering look.

~~~

user posted image

Rale Rock smiled as the pebble hit its target. That would show the monster that they weren't helpless little hatchlings...even though they were helpless little hatchlings. He watched the fight but he heard a heartbeat that sounded very much similar to his own. He looked around. Was there another Rale Rock around here? Did he have a twin? What was a twin, anyway? A sibling that is the same age as his brother or sister and most of the time, they look alike. He looked behind him. The sound seemed to come from Nitori.

"Are you doing that heartbeat thing?" he asked, awed.

<OOC: The words typed in Italics without quotation marks are just what Rale's gut instict is saying.>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((Ooc;; So sorry that i haven't posted yet! Brothers Award Ceremony and of the sorts. I'll have to do it tomorrow but I have a game as well.))

user posted image

Aurasi opened her mouth, ready to answer Energy Twinkle's question when she heard a loud rustle and a piercing shriek which cut through the still air. She gasped, dropping her lotus flower, and slithered behind Rale Rock, partly to stay protected by the shield on his tail and partly to get a better look at the monster, a Banshee. The Inferno Amphithere growled aggressively at the Banshee, slithering to Energy's side. "That thing seems to have sensitive eyes," She said in a hoarse whisper. Wow. How come my speaking is fluent all of a sudden? "Maybe it has other sensitive places?" Aurasi peered defiantly up at the dragon-like creature, curling her tail ferociously. She picked up a thin stick in her mouth and waved it around wildly, attempting to intimidate the Banshee. She immediately dropped it at a sudden thought. Oh, don't be so stupid, Aurasi! That Banshee won't be scared of a tiny stick, wielded by a newborn hatchling!

((Ooc;; Back! We won our game! But softball season is over now sad.gif.))

user posted image

Nitori

Ic;; The haunted heartbeat flicked her ears up at Rale Rock, heat flushing her midnight blue cheeks, for she heard it as well. " Err.. I-I, uh-umm ye-yes?" She didn't intend to bond with the Guardian Hatchling but she seemed to trust him for he tried to protect her while she clumsily tripped, plus she had no control over the haunting heartbeat sound that made up her species name.

The banshee snorted, hatchlings should be easier to obtain but these ones actually fought back, especially after being just newly hatched. Narrowing its eyes, the dragonic-like creature eyed the other hatchling that seemed to look like a snake, wave a stick at it but the banshee took no real notice as it launched itself off of the ground and down-stroked with great beats of its mighty wings, and soon it was in airborne and already above the trees.

user posted image

"That's right, fly away, you creature," Energy hissed as the Banshee flew out of sight. She turned to Rale Rock.

"S-ssee? I'm j-just ffine!" she called, her voice slurring a bit. Then, she turned back to where the Banshee had previously been before discreetly clutching her stomach. She was not fine. She had been lucky that the Banshee hadn't spilled her guts out when it swiped at her stomach. In all the adrenaline rush, she had forgotten about her wound. However, she really did not want to trouble her friends with a wound that had been caused by herself. She should have stayed back after all. But what if she had and the Banshee had killed one of them or something?

~~~

user posted image

"Oh, that's coo-" Rale Rock managed to say before Energy Twinkle called to him to say that she was fine before abruptly turning away. He frowned. He didn't really believe that she was fine. He'd seen the Banshee swipe at her earlier. He looked at Nitori.

"I don't think she's 'fine'. Shall we go and check on her?" Rale asked.

user posted image

Nitori

Ic;; The young Heartbeat hatchling nodded, flicking her ears at Rale Rock then at Energy Twinkle before looking down at her paws as he began to make her way -almost blindly- to Energy Twinkle, as if she was afraid to embarrass herself again. As soon as she glanced way from her paws to see where she was going, the little hatchling entangled her talons in some weeds and hit the ground. An almost instant sensation swept over her, numbing the part of her body where she landed on. A tingling feeling pricked at her undeveloped scales as she heaved herself up off the ground, still feeling the effects of the weed. "I-I'm nnnnuu-numbed!" She squeaked, not even feeling her underbelly or parts of her fore-legs as she wobbled on over to Energy Twinkle.

user posted image

Oh great. Nitori was coming over. Energy lay on the ground, wincing as the dirt touched her wound, to cover the angry, red marks on her stomach.

~~~

user posted image

Rale Rock felt the sudden urge to rush forward and see if Nitori was okay when she fell. He wondered why he felt like he needed to protect everyone. Duh. You're a Guardian. But what was a Guardian? He shrugged and went on forward, his shield-like tail dragging behind him. He quickened his pace when he saw Energy lie on the ground.

user posted image

Nitori

Ic;; Nitori flicked her cool gaze away from Energy as Rale padded up beside her, a concerned expression plastered on his face. Frowning, she fixed her eyes on Energy Twinkle and ambled her way around the young hatchling. As she reached a certain view point, a gasp escaped her lips as she saw the red marks slashed across the bleeding belly. Even though her belly was numbed, she felt a sudden rush of nausea sweep over her at the sight of the open wound. Trying to hold herself together, Nitori turned her whirling head around before realizing something. Wait... I'm numbed! Numbed... what a funny word, numbed. Ha! Gah, focus Nitori! If she's in pain... and this stuff numbed by whole underside when I fell on it then maybe it can work on her! She beamed happily as she figured something out inside of her head before eyeing the ground as she plodded on over back to the patch of numbing stuff. Once she reached it, Nitori began to pick through the damaged ones, sensing that ones already used weren't as good as the ones that weren't, so she came back with a light grip on the numbing weed in her mouth so she didn't crush the stalks of it. Once she reached Energy Twinkle, Nitori dropped the numbing weed, wrinkling her nose at the foul taste of the weed before pawing it over to Energy Twinkle. As she caught another glimpse of the wound, another rush of nausea swept over her and she eyed Rale, "Ca-can yo-yooouu do th-that fo-for meeee? J-just crush th-the stal-stalks and tri-trickle the juuuuuuices on-onto the wou-wound." Can you do that for me? Just crush the stalks and trickle the juices onto the wound. Her voice slurred again, adding more than enough of o's, u's and many more while she studdered on almost every word embarrassingly.

user posted image

Energy Twinkle watched as Nitori seemed to notice her wound and fetched some...weed? Whatever it was, she felt awkward and thought that they were making a big fuss over nothing. It was just a scratch...right? Wrong. She still felt uncomfortable at the thought of troubling her friends. Or at least she thought she was troubling her friends.

"I tol-ld yooo I'mmm f-f-finnnne," Energy said again impatiently, almost snapping. She sighed and looked away when Rale Rock refused to believe her. It was evident that he was adamant about helping her with her wound. She reluctantly moved over a little so he could sprinkle whatever foul-smelling stuff that was onto her stomach. She wrinkled her nose at the smell but it did help to numb the pain. She got back onto her paws slowly. The wound stung ever so slightly but she felt much better. She just flicked her tongue when Rale Rock smirked.

~~~

user posted image

Rale nodded and was about to do as Nitori said when Energy told him that she was fine for the second time. He rolled his eyes exesparatedly.

"Look, if you really think I'm going to let that wound untreated or let you suffer in pain, you're wrong. So just give up already and let me help you!" he said, growing impatient. He smiled a little when Energy sighed and looked away. He crushed the weeds, just managing not to throw up from the smell, and asked Energy to move her stomach over a little, so he could sprinkle the crushed weeds on it. After he did so, she looked much better and got up slowly.

"Now that's much better, isn't it?" Rale smirked.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Nearby, there was a rustle in the leaves, and a flash of something brown. There was a yelp of pain, and a small brown hatchling ran into the clearing where the others were. It was limping slightly on one leg, and shaking it's nose so much that its path was crooked. It tripped, and put it's paws to it's nose trying to pull out a thorn.

user posted image

Nitori

Ic;; The young hatchling smiled slightly as Energy began to haul herself up, finally, and flicked her tongue at Rale, amusingly. A rustle in the nearby bushes startled the heartbeat dracling, making her jerk away from the others and turned her head to find yet another strange-looking hatchling, walking awkwardly before tripping and placing its ace to its paws as if trying to pull something out. Nitori twisted her body to face the newcomer before glancing back at Rale and Energy, questioningly before approaching the hatchling cautiously. Once she was two feet away, Nitori stopped and spoke, "Yo-you o-okaaaay?"" She lowered her head, wrinkling her noise as she still had the foul tasting herb in her mouth. Bleh! Gross stuff, but it works for numbing. Hehe still a funny word. Gah, stay focused! Maybe the... the... weed? Hmm, it needs a name, how about numbweed? Yes! That's it! Numbweed! She flicked her ears and turned her head back to Rale and Energy, wondering if there was anymore of the numbing stuff, or 'numbweed'.

user posted image

Kuriko looked at the other Hatchling. He frowned at the question, and thought for a moment before taking his paws away from his face. "I seem to have impaled my nose on a thorn," He explained, then added quietly, "It hurts a great deal"

user posted image

Energy glance over to another hatchling that she didn't know. She noticed the thorn on his nose. "Ouch," she thought symphathetically, though it wasn't much compared to her wound. She stare at the thorn. Then she blinked. What? Did the thorn just wiggle out a bit by itself? She shook her head. Must be her imagination. Unbeknownst to her, she had accidentally used a little of her telekinesis powers. She lay down on the dirt again and watched as Rale Rock offered to help, after she nodded when he looked at her questioningly.

~~~

user posted image

Rale Rock glanced at the other hatchling and looked at Energy for her consent so that he could help the other. She nodded and he walked off.

"That's quite a prick you have there. Do you want me to take it out for you? It might be a little painful, though," he said.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Kuriko considered the other hatchling. "I would be grateful if you would, as I do not seem to be able to get a good grip on it with my own paws" He replied with a smile, then closed his eyes and braced himself for pain.

user posted image

Rale Rock reached up with his own two paws and gripped the thorn before quickly pulling out.

"Feel any better?" he asked the other hatchling. Rale certainly hoped that he did.