Bambi

Harlem Shake.

Hey guys! Recently, on January 30th 2013 a crazy video was uploaded and now loads of people are doing a dance called the 'Harlem Shake'!

Which one is your favourite? What is your opinion on them? Do you like them, why? Do you not like them, if so, why not?

Please respect others opinions on the Harlem Shake and do not cause fights. Thank you.

~ Bam

I am not a fan of HS and I have no idea how it got popular, but if people appreciate it, let 'em do it.

So, I decided to watch it in order to have an opinion to post in this thread...

Gangnam Style is more orderly, at least... Well, that's the power of the internet for you.

I'm still confused about it. All of a sudden I just started hearing about this dance constantly. o__o I don't get it. It's basically just what happened to gangnam style but with a different dance I guess?

I just. Really don't get it.

The reason people like it, I think, is that it's just so downright odd and people are usually fascinated with odd things that it just sort of caught on .w. Same thing with Gangnam Style. It was just so weird and the song was catchy it just became popular? ^^"

This new phenomenon has really confused me. Everyone's doing it, and I have no idea how it got so popular. What's so good about it, anyway?

it appears to me that the 'harlem shake' is just weird people wiggling and uploading it to youtube.

I don't care for it. It really has no point, besides people randomly shaking. I'm not sure why it's popular.

Although I don't really understand the Harlem Shake videos, I will admit there are a few funny ones out there.

EDITED IN BECAUSE I FORGOT THIS PART:

I also don't understand why everyone spasms randomly during the videos. The Harlem Shake is an actual dance... Shouldn't they be doing that dance during the video instead of just convulsing on the ground and jumping?

My favorite youtuber seems to be the only one who has actually put the real dance in his Harlem Shake video. :/ (

) Edited by Serrekiel

it appears to me that the 'harlem shake' is just weird people wiggling and uploading it to youtube.

First time I heard about it was when our firefighters decided to do a video. Sure, it was for a good cause (cancer awareness) but still. It's a silly video and I don't give a bleep for HS after seeing a couple of videos where all they do is shake around less than ½ minute.

I think I prefer Gangnam Style. unsure.gif

While I do prefer Gangnam Style to Harlem Shake, I still really love the Harlem Shake trend. I think it hilarious to watch, and I love how it is a perfect example of the power of the internet.

I have two favorites:

because it was my first Harlem Shake video and it includes one of my favorite singers.

because it is underwater!

I prefer Gangnam Style.

My school admin decided to be 'fun and hip', so they're obsessing over making my WHOLE HIGH SCHOOl make a vid of the Harlem Shake. dry.gif

Doesn't the Harlem Shake say "con las terroristas" or something, which in Spanish means "with the terrorists?"

Honestly, I see no reason to be critical about either Harlem Shake or Gangnam Style. They're both for fun and harmless, so I say let people enjoy it~ Being ridiculous can be a lot of fun.

We're making a Harlem Shake video during class. Our teacher permitted it, so we're all going to be grooving to the Harlem Shake on Friday, and hopefully, upload it to Youtube. It's gonna be so fun. ^o^

At first I was like wtf is this?!

But now I think it's really funny. biggrin.gif

I liked Gangnam Style. I just dont get why people like the HS. Meh just be me...but I hate it....with a passion xd.png.

My Harlem Shake Experience:

I decided to get off Youtube for a few days. Not too long - just long enough to take a break from my obsessive habits. Because.. well.. checking Youtube several times a day in hopes of new videos from your favorite Youtubers.. really isn't constructive.

So, I pop back on.. hurry to check PewdiePie's new videos.. see one called 'Harlem Shake FAIL'. So I clicked it. Some interesting music, sorta.. addicting, in a rather annoying way. He's just standing there. Then.. well, it's the Harlem Shake.

I proceeded to search it and look at various other videos, be amused for a day or so, then get bored >> << My favorite is definitely Pewds'.. and I do find it fairly entertaining. I love Gangnam Style, too.. I'm rather easily amused I suppose. I tend to get bored fast, though, so I'm awaiting the next oddity. I have to say, though, I do like Gangnam Style for more than just the odd dancing - I love the song, too, even though I don't understand 90% of it xd.png

My school made several vids on them, I find them hilarious because everytime I replay them I find another student doing some riduculous thing like push-ups on the table, or 4 people carrying a guy in the background.

I found a vid that roughly stated the birth of Harlem shake, which was by some guy in Harlem; he did that dance for years, and then some singer picked it up in his MV, and then a couple of teenagers did it and it started going viral.

IMO, the dance is raunchy and kinda weird to say the least. It's like this dance gives most of the guys do the infamous 'hip thrust's and call that dancing. There was a vid where one guy grabbed an inflatable human-sized floaty-thing and just 'boned' it the whole 30 seconds. -palms face-

There were religious conflicts with the Muslim community because of that. The Malay teens do it and get into trouble with their religion. ^