Sacredhumor

Does The Illuminati exist?

Do you believe in the existence of The Illuminati or a similar organization of such nature?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my personal opinion, there's definitely some sort of super power in the world, regardless of what you call it. I'm interested in hearing your opinions. Do you believe they exist? Why do you believe that? What proof, if any, do you have to support your belief?

NOTE: This is meant purely as a topic for friendly discussion. This is not meant to spark debate between people who have other beliefs.

Erm... the Illuminati was an organization of enlightment-type freethinkers back in the 1700's or so. Not sure where you're getting the super-power ideas from...

I am well into conspiracy theory. I don't think the Illuminati were ever a "superpower" as such, but I would not be at all surprised to hear they existed for real.

@ Leidarendi - there are two versions of this one. Yes to the 18th century lot - but there is a belief that there is a current Illuminati group exerting their power subtly upon powerful politicians etc. It would not surprise me, as I say, whatever we may choose to call such a group. There are links to weird things like the Georgia Guidestones....

http://warnwordbevel.wordpress.com/the-georgia-guidestones/

No-one knows where they came from or who is behind them....

Edited by fuzzbucket

No, we don't *shifty eyes8

No, we don't *shifty eyes8

You're a member, aren't you.... ninja.gif

I'm surprised at the number of people who don't even know what The Illuminati is. I was sure that the idea was much more well-known.

I'm surprised at the number of people who don't even know what The Illuminati is. I was sure that the idea was much more well-known.

I'm not. They are (if they do exist, under whatever name) secretive; that's half the point.

And conspiracy theory isn't that popular either. But that I am REALLY into. It makes so much sense, and explains so many things that otherwise make no sense at all !

Which is actually why I can't vote; there's no EVIDENCE, but I suspect muchly....

Edited by fuzzbucket

I think there is some thing controlling the world as a whole, be it human nature, alien parasites, or just manipulation...

I think an Illuminati could exist, but I doubt that Lady Gaga/Miley Cyrus etc are members. Who, when starting a top secret genius organizaation, decides to recruit people with questionable IQ's who constantly have cameras on them?

I also think that Hitler was a figurehead for his ideals, and there was a puppet master behind the scenes (kinda related).

Yet again, I'm so paranoid I sit there on the bus convinced people can read my mind, and thinking "OH SO YOU CAN READ MY MIND CAN YOU WELL I'M GONNA SHOUT REALLY LOUDLY IN MY MIND TO DISTRACT YOU TRY TO TALK NORMALLY NOW WILL YOU. I HOPE YOU ENJOY APPLES AND CHEESE CAUSE THAT'S ALL I'M GONNA THINK ABOUT NOW SO THERE." So I may not be a reliable person tongue.gif

I think there is some thing controlling the world as a whole, be it human nature, alien parasites, or just manipulation...

I think an Illuminati could exist, but I doubt that Lady Gaga/Miley Cyrus etc are members. Who, when starting a top secret genius organizaation, decides to recruit people with questionable IQ's who constantly have cameras on them?

I also think that Hitler was a figurehead for his ideals, and there was a puppet master behind the scenes (kinda related).

Yet again, I'm so paranoid I sit there on the bus convinced people can read my mind, and thinking "OH SO YOU CAN READ MY MIND CAN YOU WELL I'M GONNA SHOUT REALLY LOUDLY IN MY MIND TO DISTRACT YOU TRY TO TALK NORMALLY NOW WILL YOU. I HOPE YOU ENJOY APPLES AND CHEESE CAUSE THAT'S ALL I'M GONNA THINK ABOUT NOW SO THERE." So I may not be a reliable person tongue.gif

I buy the manipulation one. I suspect a group of controlling types recruit others they think will work well with them to do this stuff. Bankers are involved in significant numbers, I'm sure, and a few politicians - but NOT many of those... And I agree about Hitler. Also Churchill and Reagan - and especially George Bush the Two.

Just because you are paranoid does NOT mean they aren't out to get you.... ninja.gif

I buy the manipulation one. I suspect a group of controlling types recruit others they think will work well with them to do this stuff. Bankers are involved in significant numbers, I'm sure, and a few politicians - but NOT many of those... And I agree about Hitler. Also Churchill and Reagan - and especially George Bush the Two.

Just because you are paranoid does NOT mean they aren't out to get you.... ninja.gif

ohmy.gif I'll be hiding in the basement if anyone needs me...

Most of the great leaders probably had someone behind them, and history's notoriously unreliable - I can remember learning about a war which both sides reported that they'd won.

Boris Johnson has to be the ringleader. All those years pretending he's an idiot... when he could crush the world in his palm.

ohmy.gif I'll be hiding in the basement if anyone needs me...

Most of the great leaders probably had someone behind them, and history's notoriously unreliable - I can remember learning about a war which both sides reported that they'd won.

Boris Johnson has to be the ringleader. All those years pretending he's an idiot... when he could crush the world in his palm.

I would believe he was one of them - but he's not smart enough to go it alone. Too many MAJOR booboos....

I think an idea like the Illuminati exists, but not that they'd recruit people like Simon Cowell or Paris Hilton. lmao

Then again I believe in stuff like FEMA conspiracy... and the Denver Airport paintings do not help. >.>

I would believe he was one of them - but he's not smart enough to go it alone. Too many MAJOR booboos....

I read somewhere that he was actually incredibly intelligent, and a lot of his exworkers have come out saying those 'booboos' are actually crafted to help him appeal to the people.

http://sotontab.co.uk/opinion/2012/09/30/t...-cult-of-boris/

^That link covers some of it, but there was a much better article I read about it somwhere

EDIT: I dunno...I'd recruit Simon Cowell. He reaches out to a large audience, so for propaganda and persuasion purposes... Besides, he did tellietubbies - those sparkly tummies could be used for hypnosis...

Edited by Emeraldmay

Secretive organizations do exist but because they're secretive, people start making up who they are and what they do. People cling to any rumor or story for all things they hardly know anything about. Just googling "Illuminati" or "Freemasons" only ends up with links to "joining", rumors, or uncovered secrets.

I read somewhere that he was actually incredibly intelligent, and a lot of his exworkers have come out saying those 'booboos' are actually crafted to help him appeal to the people.

http://sotontab.co.uk/opinion/2012/09/30/t...-cult-of-boris/

^That link covers some of it, but there was a much better article I read about it somwhere

EDIT: I dunno...I'd recruit Simon Cowell. He reaches out to a large audience, so for propaganda and persuasion purposes... Besides, he did tellietubbies - those sparkly tummies could be used for hypnosis...

Simon Cowell is just too awful. I can't BEAR it.....

I believe you about Boris - but some have been quite serious and not "fun" stuff - he is hoping no-one will notice what he said about the Euro this time last year for instance - as he KNEW he was right about what woudl happen. And - it didn't.... That kind of thing isn't in the same class as falling off his bike....

Sure he is very VERY intelligent - so is my mother (she probably beats him actually) but in some areas she is a total censorkip.gif. To the extent that family have started cutting her off. That kind of thing does not help with plots, however intelligent you are...

I have a corking example of how it all works involving M Thatcher, but my grandson needs me - more later.

Secretive organizations do exist but because they're secretive, people start making up who they are and what they do. People cling to any rumor or story for all things they hardly know anything about. Just googling "Illuminati" or "Freemasons" only ends up with links to "joining", rumors, or uncovered secrets.

Yes! And people start making up that they're a member. So many people claim to be a member of Anonymous, which allows the hacking centre of the group to get away with what they do because there is so many people claiming to be the hacker.

I remember watching

a while ago. It's pretty much about the so-called 'Illuminati' among other things.

Yes! And people start making up that they're a member. So many people claim to be a member of Anonymous, which allows the hacking centre of the group to get away with what they do because there is so many people claiming to be the hacker.

Anonymous doesn't have a membership; it's just an idea, or a hive mind if you want. Everybody comes and goes as they wish. I mean sure, there are a couple of talented hackers at the core who give the means to attack websites, but most of them are everyday internet users. And most of those attacks on websites are done with a big increase in traffic, that's all.

My county was in a war ten years ago. We won (us being independent is proof). The other side teaches in their history textbooks that there wasn't any war. In this time and age.

I do believe that Illuminati and Freemasons exist. There's just too many conspiracy theories floating around - at least one of them is bound to be true. Who knows, maybe one day we'll gain access to some proof.

Don't know about the Illuminati, but the Freemasons do exist. We have them here in the US. They have lodges and everything. I have a friend who is one.

I recommend anyone to watch The Men Who Killed Kennedy. It's a nine-part documentary that you can find on YouTube.

There was a famous meeting of a group like these where M Thatcher said "What we need is a single enemy against which we can unite all the people of the world. Climate change will do."

It works, you know. Make everyone afraid of the same thing - like the "War on Terror" - which doesn't exist any more than it ever did (there were more bombings etc during the worst of the Irish Troubles - but they choose to forget that as they hope we will forget too !) - but all sorts of VILE restrictions have been put upon us in its name. Internet surveillance. Lunatic airport security which achieves nothing. (ALL the evidence shows that random spot checks catch more bad guys. Ask Israel - their airlines do it that way...) What THEY want is to be able to watch and control us - and they use all these things to achieve that...

When I complained at St Pancras station - boarding Eurostar - that it was high time the UK joined Schengen, the border control woman pulled herself up tall and said "heavens no, we are afraid of those people."

Of whom ? The French ? Germans, Belgians - who exactly in the EU is out to get us ???

I don't pull the Freemasons in here - their organisation is a rather different thing.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I do think there must be still some Illuminati out there. Plotting against the statements of the church or something. I dont think anyone famous could ever be actually an Illuminatus, but maybe such group was quite numerous centuries ago.

I've read the books and stuff, but I cant seem to renember much about the Illuminati. They're a very intersting people though, existing or not. Lol, I think I have a close friend who seems to be one...

Don't know about the Illuminati, but the Freemasons do exist. We have them here in the US. They have lodges and everything. I have a friend who is one.

I think there are Illuminati out there. But Freemasons? DEFINATELY! They have lodges and stuff. It's like Wicca or paganism; kept quiet so people don't persecute them.

I think there are Illuminati out there. But Freemasons? DEFINATELY! They have lodges and stuff. It's like Wicca or paganism; kept quiet so people don't persecute them.

And like Wicca and paganism - nothing to do with conspiracy and taking over the world... Much like my detective club when I was 10. VERY secret.

Anyone read the Illuminatus Trilogy (Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson) ?

(Fiction. I think....)

GREAT stuff ninja.gif