jetfire1309

Digimon

I watched the Japanese version of the movie and it was a lot better. They cut out a ton for the mashing of the American release.

I actually watched all of Digimon Adventure and 02 on netflix subbed uncut. It was sooooooo much better. They seriously cut out a lot of things for totally stupid reasons. Seeing it in the original form was fun.

I haven't watched any of the other seasons really though. I want the subbed versions and netflix doesn't have them yet :C

Or I supposed I could cough up some money for the full season sets from Amazon (even though English)

@ lightbird- I agree completely. The episode where Takato caused Guilmon to become corrupted was really interesting and probably one of my favorites. Tamers also had a bit of darkness to it as well with Koichi and Koiji.

@ SparrowSelkie- Seen it? I OWN it! lol I love the movie and will keep it until the day I die...or the day my kids/grandkids want it. I still here the songs from the soundtrack in my head a lot of the time. xd.png

@ Lady_Nightfox- Can you give us some examples of what they cut out? For both the movie and Adventure 01-02?

The best way to find the differences is from here

http://www.digimon-uncensored.com/uncensored/

You can also check the wiki

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon#TV%20series

And look in the triva section for each episode to find differences between the dub and sub

For the movie, quoth

"The unified version released in North America had a high degree of editing, with more than 40 minutes of scenes from the individual Japanese versions cut out in order to save time, along with several plot changes (possibly to help make more sense of the movie in the absence of the deleted scenes) and Kari Kamiya narrating in the movie. "

Edited by Lady_Nightfox