Ruins

Squad Bastion: ICE v.s. SUN

Yeah, this is a TF2-based RP; for more information, see here. Some details may vary.

Once upon a time, the great and powerful Guardian of Nature who ruled the entire dragon world was dying. Now, the dragon had two sons- the hotheaded Magma Redclaw and the blustering Icicle Bluescale - which he could divide his kingdom between, so one would think the old beast could rest easy in the knowledge that they would keep the lands safe and his businesses running at a profit. However, there was one problem.

Both of his sons were idiots.

No, two problems- both of his sons were idiots and he hated them.

To this end, the Guardian of Nature made his last wishes into his last revenge, leaving the two dragons an apparently rich mine on the edge of the desert, North of the mountains- a mine for them to fight over until one of them could fight no more which, given the pig-headed stubbornness of both, wasn't going to be any day soon. Aiding him in his vengeance from the beyond the grave was the mysterious Announcer, a dragoness of unknown origin and species who took over as chief puppet-master once the Guardian passed away.

To help him claim his rightful prize, Bluescale hired a ragtag band of nine mercenary dragon from all corners of the world, forming Team ICE; inflamed with hate for his brother, Redclaw did the same and created Team SUN. The battle for the mine had really began. Both brothers, not to mention the dragons they hired, were unaware of the bigger plan that they had ensnared themselves in. Not, perhaps, that they would have cared...

That was years ago and the battle is still being fought to this day. Because this isn't a fairytale. This is Squad Bastion.

This is war.

Setting

Hundreds of years have passed since the time we now call 'the present' and the world has changed a lot, resembling this world's year 1969. Dragons live on equal footing with humans, with both species existing side-by-side with each other with no (or at least, very little) tension. Technology has come in leaps and bounds, to the point where it seems like magic. Television was invented not a generation ago, electricity is in every house, aeroplanes soar the skies, and cars putt-putt down the rapidly spreading road systems.

And, if you stand in the desert and listen carefully, sometimes you can hear the sound of gunfire...

The two Teams live and fight in two fortresses a mere stone's throw away from each other, both created with the typical ICE or SUN architectural flair. During the day, from nine until five, the place is alive with violence and painted with blood; at any other hour, the Teams find time to relax and rewind after a hard day's fighting- or just prepare for another one. The point of all of this violence? To steal 'valuable intelligence' from under the noses of the other Team and get it home safe, while the enemy tries to stop them with lethal force. More specifically, to steal a suitcase filled with plans of weapons and rockets powerful enough to wipe the other Team off the face of the Earth. New intelligence is delivered every day in a brand new suitcase, the whole cycle starting anew.

Keeping them all alive is the Respawn system, a hybrid of cutting-edge technology and old magic that allows the dead to live again, their 'old' body vanishing without a trace at the same time as the resurrected dragon steps out to fight again. Nobody know exactly how it works, but all are both thankful for its existence and always taking it for granted.

Now, Meet The Teams.

Medic/White: The team's healer, responsible for keeping the others on their feet as they battle; armed with a staff, a needle-gun and a bonesaw, the Medic makes a tempting target for the enemy. Their Ubercharge spell can make allies invincible for ten seconds, bullets and weapons simply bouncing off them as the power of their attacks increases. It takes a long time for him to recharge, however.

Heavy/Stone: Forget subtlety- the Heavy relies on strength, mincing the foe with a hand-held mini-gun or just his own claws and teeth. Heavies can soak up a lot of punishment, especially with a Medic following behind; they make a good team and are often seen together.

Demoman/Grey: The team's explosives expert, the Demoman uses grenade launchers, sticky-bombs and their natural abilities to blow the enemy to smithereens. They also use swords in close combat, charging at the enemy with a fierce war cry and attacking before they can react.

Scout/Whiptail: The Scout is the fastest class in the Teams, but is also the most fragile. They use a metal bat and a scatter gun to fight, their nimbleness protecting them from enemy fire as they head towards the intelligence. Drinking special potions can speed them up even more.

Sniper/Spitfire: The Sniper hangs back from the main fight, using their rifles to get headshots before the enemy even realises they're being watched; their fiery breath and long knives known as kukuris are used for closer-ranged, silent killing and hand-to-hand combat respectively.

Engineer/Electric: The Engineer's job is to build sentries (automatic gun platforms), teleporters (two-piece transport kits) and dispensers (machines that produce ammo and heal allies) throughout the battlefield. Repairs and upgrades are done with a whack of their trusty wrench, their natural electricity flowing into their creations. All Engineers must keep an eye out for Spies and protect their machines with rifle shots and bursts of lightning.

Pyro/Hellfire Wyvern: The Engineer's best friend, Pyros are often found guarding their sentries in case of Spy attacks; their fire is one of the few things that will show a cloaked Spy. This class is feared by the enemy for their devastating fire, as capable of destroying an Engineer's creations as protecting them- and sending the enemy in a desperate search for water.

Soldier/Black: Armed with a rocket launcher and not afraid to use it, the Soldier is the second strongest on the team; while not as fast as Scout or as strong as Heavy, they still pack a real punch in a fight. Firing a rocket towards their own feet can allow them to rocket-jump, speeding up their flight as they hurtle forwards in a cloud of smoke and fire.

Spy/Lumina: The sneaky Spy is the Engineer's worst enemy, his Sapper sucking the power out of any machine it's placed on and destroying them in a matter of seconds. They use gadgets to turn themselves invisible or disguise themselves as members of the opposing team, trying to get in close enough for a deadly backstab with their knives.

ICE

International Construction Enterprises

This company reflects the nature of its chief, Bluescale, to a T- many dragons of the air and water, such as Tsunami Wyverns and Greys, under work Icicle. Their buildings are decorated in blue and often have a definite... wintry feel. These blue-clad dragons build their factories wherever they can, a touch of steel and ice in even the hottest climates.

Fortress

SUN

Structural Union Network

This company is devoted to demolishing and destroying anything they can- though it's usually what his brother's company had built not that long ago. They're staffed by dragons of fire and earth, like Embers and Hellfire Wyverns; the flame-based décor matches their red uniforms.

Fortress (Ignore the water!)

The Announcer

Nobody knows who she is or where she came from, only that her omnipresent voice narrates the battle for each team.

An NPC, mostly played by me- Ruins.

Edited by Ruins

Rules

1. Follow all DC rules and RP rules and such.

2. I am the Lord Wossname of Thingummy. Obey me.

3. Gore is okay, but keep it reasonable- like PG13. Same for everything else.

4. No Mary-Sues or Gary-Stues.

5. No god-modding or powerplaying.

6. Respect the time-zone! We can't all be here all the time; be patient.

7. If you've read this, put "What about Grey?" in the Other section of your form.

8. This is a semi-lit RP. Please have more than 100 words per post with your best grammar and spelling.

Forms- PM Me Them, Please

Username:

Name:

Team:

Class: (Soldier? Spy? Whatever.)

Description:

Personality:

Equipment/Abilities: (Don't go overboard, please.)

History: (Doesn't have to be much.)

Other:

[B]Username:[/B]

[B]Name:[/B]

[B]Age:[/B]

[B]Gender:[/B]

[B]Team:[/B]

[B]Class:[/B] (Soldier? Spy? Whatever.)

[B]Description:[/B]

[B]Personality:[/B]

[B]Equipment/Abilities:[/B] (Don't go overboard, please.)

[B]History:[/B] (Doesn't have to be much.)

[B]Other:[/B]

Accepted Characters

Username: Shadowwolf6

Name: Flare

Team: Blue

Class: Pyro

Description: A slim hellfire with bright blue flames. Her wings look rather ragged, with several burn marks. She wears strips of cloth on her ankles and neck to help distinguish which team she is fighting for. Her claws are rather sharp and are used for quite a few different things.

Personality: Cruel, rather quiet, normally comunicating with varous nods. Her speech is hard to make out. She isn't afraid to kill and, over all, enjoys working for her team. She has a slight case of Pyromania.

Equipment/Abilities:

Fire, and lots of it.

Long, sharp claws that can be used in close-combat.

History: Ever since she hatched from her egg, Flare had an annoying habit of starting fires, to say the least. It was her pyromania and need to a fight that landed her a place on Bluescale's band of dragons.

Other:

Username: Ruins

Name: Purity

Team: BLU

Class: Medic

Description: Purity is a medium-sized White with a square body shape and long limbs; his face is high-cheekboned and has a permanent slight smirk that shows off his sharp teeth. He wears blue armbands, marked with white crosses, on each arm and his staff is decorated blue bands all down its length. Oddly for a White, he has scars speckling his body and his scales are often blood-stained.

Personality: Arrogant, impatient, doesn’t suffer fools gladly and enjoys inflicting pain way more than is healthy- it’s easy to see why Purity is an outcast in the White dragon community. There’s nothing he likes better than taking other dragons (and humans) apart and putting them back together again, if a little different to before. On the other hand, he is fiercely loyal to his team, friendly to those who show a little brains and has a soft spot for helpless animals, especially birds.

Equipment/Abilities: Wooden staff; needle-gun; bone-saw. Can use healing spells on himself and others.

History: Odd from the start, Purity’s pleasure in pain came to light early- whenever another hatchling was injured, he’d watch their pain with fascination and badger whoever came to heal them for information, especially on how much they were hurting. He joined Bluescale’s team after a scandal involving a healing spell, a clan of Golds and the fact that one of their member’s scales and skeleton had completely vanished. Technically banned from preforming any medical procedure on any living thing, Purity will happily tell the story to any dragon who asks and always finds their subsequent nervousness baffling.

Edited by Ruins

The approver system as been kind of slow lately. I can try to kick myself back into critiquing Unapproves again, though. I haven't done it in quite a while.

I'm not an approver, (not even in-training) but I'll critique this when I'm done with my pizza. So far this looks good.

EDIT: No spellings errors that I can find, grammer looks good, so the only thing left to crit is the plot. The plot looks good but I have a few questions you should answer in the plot.

Why did the GoN hate his sons?

How are humans crucial to the plot?

Why can't they split it?

And a few things I would recommend to change:

Make the fortresses further away

Make each team have different dragons

Maybe introduce a third son later on in the series (Thunder Dragon)

Edited by Ingenious Alien

Okay, these questions I can answer:

1. They were idiots, I mean proper room-temperature-IQ idiots, and he knew if they got their hands on his life's work they would ruin it.

2. They're not, really. I didn't think I said they were?

3. Because they're idiots. Greedy, greedy idiots.

And the rest come from the plot of Team Fortress 2- it's pretty much a central part of the game's story that both times are not only within spitting distance of each other but totally identical. (One team is a clone of the other, see, but I can't quite remember which way around it is...)

Oh, and the Thunder Dragon? He's a... PLOT TWIST. biggrin.gif

Well, why do there have to be humans in the world? Knowing them they would kill the dragons and take the mine for themselves.

Well, why do there have to be humans in the world? Knowing them they would kill the dragons and take the mine for themselves.

Because there are humans in the DC world, aren't there? And besides:

Dragons live on equal footing with humans, with both species existing side-by-side with each other with no (or at least, very little) tension.

As well as that- DRAGONS WITH GUNS. And respawn. Good luck, hoomies...

Edited by Ruins

Ingenious Alien, if he wants to have humans he can. There doesn't have to be a specific reason, like war and killing between humans and dragons to have humans in the world.

I give up.

Do you want to continue this RP? I'll give you some crit if you do.

Hello again. I am Dauntingale and I will take a look at your roleplay.

The plot seems pretty well off and the grammar is pretty good as well. laugh.gif

I suggest you give some information (maybe a brief summary) about each role in the fortress and what they do.

The point of all of this violence? To steal 'valuable intelligence' from under the noses of the other Team and get it home safe, while the enemy tries to stop them with lethal force.

Keeping them all alive is the Respawn system, a hybrid of cutting-edge technology and old magic that allows the dead to live again, their 'old' body vanishing without a trace at the same time as the resurrected dragon steps out to fight again. Nobody know exactly how it works, but all are both thankful for it's existence and always taking it for granted.

- Is there ever an end to all of this? Everyone just keeps on living and dying and fighting again.

- What is the “valuable intelligence”?

Hundreds of years have passed since the time that we now call 'the present'

- Take out “that”.

Television was invented not a generation ago, electricity is in every house, aeroplanes soar the skies and cars putt-putt down the rapidly spreading road systems.

- Comma before “and”.

Nobody know exactly how it works, but all are both thankful for it's existence and always taking it for granted.

- “it’s” should be “its” for the possessive.

This company reflects the nature of its head to a T- many dragons of the air and water work for them

- Not sure what this sentence means.

They're staffed by dragons of fire and earth, their flame-based décor matching their red uniforms.

- The first “their” should be “the”.

Good luck! I'll be back to check up on this once you've fixed the above! If it's been too long, and I'm not back, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Edited by Dauntingale

In the forms, wouldn't you need to have the team thingy? To tell whoever is reading what team the dragon is on?

And then Gender? Surely not all dragons have to be male?

Hey there! We're almost done here.

The Sniper hangs back from the main fight, using their rifles to get headshots before the enemy even realise they're being watched

- “realise” should be “realises”.

This is pretty awesome because I love playing TF2. /biased

Anyway, I'll be back after your corrections! (Also, would you like me to move this to DC Roleplays or Other?)

Edited by Dauntingale

Hey there! We're almost done here.

- “realise” should be “realises”.

This is pretty awesome because I love playing TF2. /biased

Anyway, I'll be back after your corrections! (Also, would you like me to move this to DC Roleplays or Other?)

It goes in DC RPs because it incorporates dragons~ smile.gif If it incorporates DC dragons in any way, it goes there (unless it's something terribly minor, like a fleeting mention of reds in the history but aren't pivotal to the plot/won't show up in the RP).

Although, if it uses non-DC-specific species, you can put it in other.

Edited by Walker

It goes in DC RPs because it incorporates dragons~ smile.gif If it incorporates DC dragons in any way, it goes there (unless it's something terribly minor, like a fleeting mention of reds in the history but aren't pivotal to the plot/won't show up in the RP).

Although, if it uses non-DC-specific species, you can put it in other.

Oh, okay! Thanks for the info, Walker. c:

Done. *dances in anticipation* Please don't fail now, RP...

Haa TF2 dragons. I wanna draw them nao :D

Just one thing, do you really want to have hellfires as the pyro? I mean, I know hellfires fit really well, but the pyro's currently gender-neutral while hellfires are very gender-dimorphic. Maybe reds would be better?

Haa TF2 dragons. I wanna draw them nao biggrin.gif

Just one thing, do you really want to have hellfires as the pyro? I mean, I know hellfires fit really well, but the pyro's currently gender-neutral while hellfires are very gender-dimorphic. Maybe reds would be better?

((They just wear their team's colour, I think... Some of the other dragons have colours that aren't related to the teams. Whiptails are fairly red. Spitfires just seem to make... sense for Pyros.))

((That's true... Then again, this isn't TF2-canon, I took a few liberties with the story, so it should be okay.))