renton

Screamo

Ok, so I'm a big fan of rock and screamo. I was curious if anybody else on the forums could appreciate the same kind of music I do. A lot of people are against this type of music; although, recently a lot of people have also been becoming more understanding of it. Well, atleast the younger generation has been.

I'm 21 and all my buddies enjoy this type of music. We've been listening to all sorts of screamo songs since about twelve. My ex girlfriend was really into the music I listened to as well, so that was nice xd.png. I still remember those days chillin' in mah car listening to some songs and singing with her (Well, we didnt scream LOL) The screamo songs I enjoy personally are songs that have a good message and aren't ALL just screaming.

So, what is your opinion on screamo?

If you like it poptartFINALTINY.gif say why!

If you don't be respectful to other peoples likes and give a constructive good reason as to why poptartFINALTINY.gif you dislike this type of music.

Edited by renton

Ok, so I'm a big fan of rock and screamo. I was curious if anybody else on the forums could appreciate the same kind of music I do. A lot of people are against this type of music; although, recently a lot of people have also been becoming more understanding of it. Well, atleast the younger generation has been.

I'm 21 and all my buddies enjoy this type of music. We've been listening to all sorts of screamo songs since about twelve. My ex girlfriend was really into the music I listened to as well, so that was nice xd.png. I still remember those days chillin' in mah car listening to some songs and singing with her (Well, we didnt scream LOL) The screamo songs I enjoy personally are songs that have a good message and aren't ALL just screaming.

So, what is your opinion on screamo?

If you like it poptartFINALTINY.gif say why!

If you don't be respectful to other peoples likes and give a constructive good reason as to why poptartFINALTINY.gif you dislike this type of music.

Define screamo.

Do you mean any music with screaming in it? Because that's a very broad range tongue.gif actual screamo is a very annoying genre to me. I like HEAVY music with screaming in it. Things like August Burns Red, Memphis May Fire, MCMB, For Today, The Devil Wears Prada, etc etc etc.

Define screamo.

The screamo songs I enjoy personally are songs that have a good message and aren't ALL just screaming.

^ From first post.

Anyways, the bands I do enjoy are more like.

Ice nine kills

Hopes die last

From first to last

in fear and faith

underoath

etc. :]

I can listen to hard rock as long as the singer actually sings. I love Guns and Roses and Evanescence, but when the singer starts screaming, that's when it turns to noise IMO.

I can listen to hard rock as long as the singer actually sings. I love Guns and Roses and Evanescence, but when the singer starts screaming, that's when it turns to noise IMO.

Yeah, I'm the same way with screaming. I just cannot stand it at all... if I'm listening to a song and the singer starts screaming, I'm like "nope ;n;" and stop listening right away. >,>

I've never really liked hard rock or heavy music in general, though. Not really sure why, honestly, it just doesn't appeal much to me. I also can't stand loud noises, I prefer like, more calmer and mellow songs for lack of a better term x.x

Edited by Switch

I love varying levels of screamo. Those that always scream and those that are just metal with a little screaming in them.

All That Remains, The Devil Wears Prada, Asking Alexandria, Blessthefall and Attack Attack! are some of my favorites.

I like it because it's just me. If it's anything softer than rock, then most of the time, I get annoyed pretty quick. ._.

I'm not a fan of screamo, personally, especially the alternating screaming-singing-screaming thing that goes on. It's just a weird combination for me. The singers sound poppy, almost boyband-ish, then they suddenly switch to screaming... I know that's the point of the genre, but I like my music to be somewhat consistent. I love heavy music, though, especially melodic metal and Scandinavian metal bands.

Not gonna judge anyone for liking it, of course :3

I am a big fan of MMF, WCAR, BMTH, BTF, and OMAM. I say these would be considered Screamo, although BTF would probably be more like punk than scream. Suicide Silence is a bit too hard for me.

It depends. I don't mind songs that are partially screamo as long as there is distinct music to it - a rhythm I can hear or lyrics I can make out.

For example, I love Pierce the Veil, and quite a few of their songs lean towards the screamo genre - but I can hear the vocals pretty clearly and I can tell the songs apart.

But on the other hand, I don't like Suicide Silence. Tried to like their music, but I couldn't tell one song from the next. It sounded to me like some very loud noise and some very loud screaming, with absolutely nothing musical to it.

So yes, I like screamo as long as there is something in there that can make it music and not just screaming.

SPQR: Check out some melodic death metal bands, for instance Insomnium, they have a song with singing and death growls alternated and it sounds much different to the style that bothers you (:

On another note, does anyone here actually do screamed vocals? I've messed around with it and I find it really fun, since I'm not a very capable singer despite my friends' protests to that point,, it's nice to be able to let rip with some form of powerful vocals..